Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    are we ever going to see cyrodiil as pve area? like the imperial city being restored to its glory?
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    i feel that eso is running out of things to do and getting new quest and story all the time is great but we wanna do something outside the box, like maybe run a business of some kind something to keep us busy and motivated. Maybe get settled in and open a farm and hire caravan to ship goods to city. somewhere along those lines would be great.
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    can we get like combo attacks which come with new animatic scenes?
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The way armor bonuses work currently awards players for wearing more than one armor type. This is great for game balance however i feel that the bonus system leaves players who dedicate themselves to one armor type behind. I wear all heavy armor on my one character, i feel like other players who wear 5 heavy and 2 of another of 5/1/1 types are far better rewarded bonus wise. Would it be possible for a unique bonus for wearing all of one armor type? Perhaps a bonus stat increase for the other passives?
    p.s. i think this would be a great way to improve the armor skills as well perhaps adding a 7th piece bonus to the armor skills like immovable for example.
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get neck and ring peices for the Imperial City sets you can buy with telvar stones? PLEEEAAASSSEEEE. I am very interested in 2 of those sets but i dont want to wear the armor ( at least not all those peices) the way my character looks is very important to me XD
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    Are we likely to see any more of the Tribunal by the end of the year?

more tribunals will be introduced as more of morrowind areas get released. like vivardenfell, clockwork city and vivec city.
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    RAVISSER wrote: »
    The Dolmen's are not very impressive. There is no sense of 'impending doom' as it is clear that there is no real threat. It goes away practicaly by itself. Could you, in a future DLC, make a province of Tamriel that is under a real threat by Molag Bal? Where for instance a dolmen that is not dealt with in time, slowly sickens the land and sends out armies of Deadra so strong that it requires players of all alliances to work together to drive the Deadra back? This should result in epic battles as seen in the cinematic trailer where players will be facing an army of Deadra instead of small groups of them that can be killed of one by one. Siege weapons of course should be included.

I agree with this idea, this would be EPIC! :smiley:

this is too much for ZOS to handle
  • xii-santa
    xii-santa
    ✭✭
    Will there ever be an option to stack items in the guild bank? Coming from console this is the most annoying task re-stacking everything your guild members have dumped.
  • Faceplanty
    Faceplanty
    ✭✭
    Still awaiting follow up response to tickets submitted last month .

Would like to know why customer service /support are no longer interested in helping people with issues .
    Even if there is no fix for the problems I have experienced with the game it is still good practice to reply to someone explaining that .

Would appreciate a response as all follow up emails i have sent have been ignored/not responded too .
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the long-term vision for Player Progression in ESO?

Since the inception of the game, there has been much debate about the Veteran Rank system. The general consensus (at least on the part of the outspoken members on the forums) is that it is a tedious and unnecessary grind. And due to this perspective, ZOS has been actively working to remove the VR system and fully replace it with the Champion Point system.

As a long time player of the game with 3 VR16 characters, I never really minded the veteran rank progression. I found new depths in the wonderful stories, greater insight into the lore, and satisfaction with getting achievements. Now that my 3 mains are at VR16, I feel a certain sense of loss in not having milestones ahead of me that I have to reach. Don't get me wrong, I like the Champion Points and the feeling that I'm fine-tuning my characters' traits and abilities, but the system feels more like a side benefit to gained experience, rather than a true milestone.

To rephrase my question in a slightly different way: What will be the Oh Wow! Inspiring, Majestic Milestones that will mark our progress in the future?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    lunarsyed wrote: »
    im just wondering but where have dragons originated from? did they come with the nords from atmora or have they always been in skyrim? if so then why have they not tried to migrate in other parts of tamriel. though ive in wrothgar there was the story of a dragon and its followers who traveled from skyrim to wrothgar and settled there.

Shoddycast has a video on youtube showing all of the lore about dragon and pretty much anything important in the eso universe. Basically search for shoddycast eso lore dragons on youtube.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Kebo wrote: »
    Have you thought about adding a Gifting System to the Crown Store? It would be nice to be able to gift item from Crown Store to our friends and that when they get online they get a pop up message saying "X" person sent you a gift, etc, etc. Is this a possibility in the near future?

This would not happen as this would open up the possibility of people offering buying and selling services using ZOS's resources. A scenario of someone saying "Anyone want a gift dlc, costume or pet? Pay me $20" or something to that effect. This of course is against our long list of policies and contracts that we have to agree with before playing the game. So only ZOS may take your money for their services.
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Will there at some point more races added to the game which we can play as?

Highly doubtful as all ESO games only had at max the 10 popular races. But seeing as the game is just character models and we already have the ability to change the skin of our character models, maybe we can just get a race skin that you like. That would be doable to ask the devs for.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lunarsyed wrote: »
    im just wondering but where have dragons originated from? did they come with the nords from atmora or have they always been in skyrim? if so then why have they not tried to migrate in other parts of tamriel. though ive in wrothgar there was the story of a dragon and its followers who traveled from skyrim to wrothgar and settled there.

I believe they were originally from Akavir. Imperial Library.net is a excellent source of all Tamrielic lore from Arena to Skyrim, plus ESO. Every book, event, time line etc. Your answer awaits you there sera.. Huzzah!
    (Hope this helps..:) )
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    olemike wrote: »
    Hey ! Since I play at the elder scroll online, I swear one thing, it's about Bleakrock, all people say me they regret we can't reverse the situation on the island at the end of the principal quest, can you create a quest, secret quest, or a reverse system to cancel a quest already done ? Some people should do again some quest that they love. The secret quest should be a hide quest, invisible on the compass and the map, but just could be activated talking at a special PNJ. Secrets quests never be used in your game. You could test it to see if gamers love it ? I swear if you do that i will love you forever !

@olemike ,

see my small print below.

Still waiting for the quest where my character can set Bleakrock right again :)

+1
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    The following questions start out the same. They may be repeated again until fixed or answered so don't be surprised. Most are cosmetic and should be easily fixed. SO here goes.

Was it intentional for Redguard Heavy armor girdles (belt buckles) to able to hover in the air much lower than the belt and have since then become a GROIN CUP! This has been since the Redguard armor redesign and has yet to be fixed. This not only looks odd but causes a clipping issue where the buckle goes into the character model.
    Solution: Maybe it's just me but belt buckles should be on the belt...

Was it intentional for several styles of shields to be positioned incorrectly? The list includes, Akaviri, Altmer, Ancient Elf, Breton, Dunmer, and Xivkin (I'm pretty sure there are more...)
    All of these styles' highest level of shields is positioned incorrectly on the character's back and arms when carried. You can also see that a shield is positioned incorrectly while looking at the straps inside the shield when carried. Just like the Redguard Girdle, if the arms aren't aligned with the models arm, it looks wrong. Also when you put an ancient armor shield on in first person and hold block, you will see what I mean. It completely takes up the screen compared to other shields) The identified shields look really odd when on the model's back. If you can't see the model's head, it's too high on the model. Is the model wearing the shield to protect the back of his head?! I'm guessing whoever positioned it on the model's back put the bottom of the shield at the waistline for some shields but not all. This results in tall shields fitting incorrectly instead of being centered and worn properly.
    Solution: Lower the position of the shield on the character when worn and held. Easy reference point is the straps on the shield can be put parallel with the arm and when worn on the back the shield needs to be lowered to at least show some portion of the model's head when seen from the rear.

Xivkin Shields suffer from a similar incorrect positioning as the previously mentioned shields however it just hovers away from the character model's back when worn and arm when being held. (MAGIC HOVERING SHIELDS FOR EVERYONE!)
    Solution: just bring the shield into the model's body a little.

Was it intentional for Glass heavy armor to produce incorrect colors when using the dye system? Red dye on other armor styles makes red. Easy to understand however red dye on Glass armor (specifically heavy armor) makes pink. And then darker color red dyes produce an even lighter color pink. Black makes grey and so on. How is that supposed to make sense? Also in previous patch notes, you pointed out that it was possible to have different styled gauntlets equipped with actual red color and wear glass boots that had the correct red color the matched. This shows that the system can actually produce a RED on glass heavy armor that was correct but instead we have to just settle for pink.

Was it intentional for Glass heavy armor to be singled out for having the worst dye? Wouldn't it make sense to have all dyes look the same on all heavy armors? WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

Was it intentional for Outlaw shields (after level 36) to have a large central portion that could not be dyed at all? The shield has a border, an emblem, tribal symbols and this big empty area in the middle. This empty area is white and it seems like a waste to have the largest area on a shield to not be dyed. Wouldn't it make sense to make the largest area be the primary color, the border and the emblem be the secondary color and the tribal symbols be the tertiary color. Seems like such a waste (It took you over a year to give us shield dyes after armor dyes, please don't let it be another year until someone sees this error)

Was it intentional for the icon for Outlaw shields sanded beech level (level 26-34) to have an icon that is a staff? If you don't know, just go to a crafting station and look at the icon.
    Also was it intentional for Outlaw shields with the hickory wood (level 36-44) and higher to have the icon of the mid level icon(lower than level 36)? The higher levels gives us a kite shield that is not the icon displayed.
    Solution: I know these are bugs. Just verifying that you know about it and are looking into it.

Was it intentional for the combat system to instantly sheath the character's weapon immediately after the first strike in combat? This almost 50% of the time whether it's a magic spell or a charging attack. It especially looks weird after a shielded assault where my character sprints up to an enemy while his weapons and shield magically put themselves up and bumps into the enemy. I then have to unsheathe my weapons and try to continue to attack.
    Solution: I know this is a bug. Just verifying that you know about it and are looking into it.

Was it intentional to have character's sprint on the mounts back? This was seen in the video of the last ESO live. Looks funny yes but crappy at the same time. The fact that you guys pointed it out shows it may be the first time you've seen it. We've seen it many times and to me it's just like that time we had spaghetti leg model's that ran while dancing. It's annoying. Please fix it.

A Templar ability question:
    Was it intentional for the skills Healing Ritual and Rune Focus to have morphs that do not improve as the morphs increase in level? Every Morph increases through a rank system (I, II, III, IV). With each rank increase we see an improvement in the change provided by the morph that makes it unique. But with these two, particularly Channeled Focus (morph of Rune Focus) and Ritual of Rebirth (morph of Healing Ritual) they do not show any improvement or change as the ranks increase. Ritual of Rebirth offers us a shorter cast time as soon as the morph is selected but no change after that. Channeling Focus gives us Magic back every half second. But then the stats stay the same even if it increases. Logically I would expect Ritual of Rebirth to lessen the cast time with each rank and Channeling Focus should increase the Magic you receive back.

Another Templar ability question:
    Was it intentional for Rune Focus and it's morphs have incorrect tooltips? Rune focus currently works exactly like Circle of Protection in the fighters guild. It drops a rune on the ground. On the tooltip for Circle of Protection it states "Area" on what it targets whereas Rune Focus says it targets "Self". Self targeted spells such as Spiked Armor for DK's do exactly what they say, it targets yourself and leaves you free to move around with your buff. So why does Rune Focus and it's morphs target a ground area while still saying "Self" and Circle of Protection (fighters guild ability cloned from Rune Focus) say ""Area"? If you wanted to make a self targeting spell for Templars that Rune Focus does, just remove that whole rune on the ground and just give the buffs to the character themselves like Spiked Armor does. I think all Templars will love not having to worry about watching the ground anymore, being able to move, and still get their buffs just like DK's can do.

The next question is different because it's not pointing out anything wrong.
    Wrothgar introduced new attacks that enemies were able to do. This included one-handed weapon enemies performing a jumping spin counter attack that stunned us if it connected. Tanks that could leap into the air and come down in the targeted area with a downward stab. These new attacks bring more life to the game. Imagine if they were brought to pvp as weapon skills! Have we explored the possibility of these skills being used by players?

This is more of an idea instead of a question. The idea is to change the ash cloud morphs for DK to allow more flexibility with DK builds. It operates much like the morphs for the Fighters Guild ability Trap Beast. The old Ash Cloud ability used to be an aoe that was cast targeting the caster's position at the time. Also Cinder Storm used to have a miss chance as part of the aoe to any enemies that entered the space which was great for tanks. This miss chance was removed and we were given a ground targeting aoe that we could cast from a distance. To help players choose their route, make the ash cloud morph self targeting like it used to and give it a dodge chance or minor protection instead of miss chance. This works like the NB blur effect when the DK gets major evasion or minor protection like the Sorcs morph of Negate does but add "only as long as he is in the aoe" plus the aoe does the same dot of fire dmg. This would make it a great tanking aoe skill that only works on the caster to have the dodge chance or minor protection if you are worried about it being spread to too many allies.

As for eruption, keep it the way it is now. This way you can choose Cinder Storm for a less damaging aoe protection spell or a higher damage distance casting spell. Much like Trap beast can cast where you are standing or Lightweight Trap can cast at a distance this gives us options and I guarantee Cinder Storm will finally see some use again!

This concludes my questions. I will repeat and add more if necessary but I'm really interested in hearing something about why Glass heavy armor dye is incorrectly programmed...
    Edited by Djeriko on April 12, 2016 2:51PM
  • Naslu
    Naslu
    ✭✭✭
    My questions atm:

- will be something like focussing on bugfixes ingame (for example: potion cooldown enchants for glyphs are not working, evilhunter on one bar is removing critbuff from potions if you switch bar where no evilhunter is equipped.....to name two)
    - will be something like focussing on hardware improvements serverside (for pve and pvp areas (fps at 40-50 and ping constantly above 250-300))
    - will be considered to move out wayshrine of mournhould back to the old position (on the island) to solve the problems of primetime disconnects/loggin failures caused by the huge amount of players + city graphic infrastructure?
    - will be considered to open another pvp campaign till lags are going to be fixed in cyro?

rgds
    Guild Hodor
    • Marbella Ori / Temp Healer
    • Naslu / Stam Templer
    • Ordaril / Magicka Sorc
    • Allaine De Ladonia / Magicka DK
    • Gretel Witchhunter / Magicka NB
    • Lili Catani / Magicka Tank NB
    • Prince Adam of Eternia / Stam DK

[/center]
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) When are you going to fix the sound issue you created with your crap programming when you released TG DLC?
    2) When are you going to fire the people who consistently ruin the game for the player base?
    3) When are you going to hire some competent programmers?
    4) When are you going to learn to communicate better with the player base?
    5) When are you going to get new servers or fix the lag & FPS issues in Cyrodiil?
  • Amyxleexownsxu
    Amyxleexownsxu
    ✭✭✭
    Will there ever be a way to reorganize the order of my toons in character select? I have OCD not being able to arrange them the way I want drives me nuts.
    PC/NA Since Beta!
    CP 1165

Main
    Rank 27 EP Khajiit Stamblade | Derosianthe | 26k Achieves

Alts
    EP Redguard Stamcro | Reindallia
    EP Bosmer Stamden | Sathiriel
    EP Imperial Stamplar | Velinaszol
    EP Altmer Magsorc | Ophianthil
    EP Dunmer Magknight | Thelisarcis

Housing Enthusiast/Completionism Nerd
    Blood for the Pact!!!
  • CeeCee77
    CeeCee77
    Soul Shriven
    I have to say that I got a lot of laughs from the April 1 "Patch Notes"... but then I got to thinking about some of the jokes and wondered... will there be fishing upgrades? Honestly, it's great that we can use the fish in recipes, we can fillet for a chance of perfect roe, and we get some coins from the green and blue trophy fish... but to get the achievements, it's HOURS of mindless fishing and much frustration.

We host a guild fishing event weekly, so we have people to chat with while fishing because most of us agree that fishing is a bore and can be very frustrating trying to get that one last fish to finish the zone achievement.

Since you took away the ability to pass trophies between our characters, could fishing achievements be made account wide? OR bring back the ability to pass the trophy fish between characters for the achievements? This would help ease the frustration of catching 8-10 of the same green trophy fish.

What is the point of the caught bait, such as a fish roe or a minnow? It doesn't give me better odds at catching a trophy fish. It just takes up inventory space. Can the caught bait be changed to something worthwhile... like if you use the caught bait you have a much higher chance to catch the blue trophy fish? Or something like that.

Could there be a skill to develop that would improve chances of catching trophy fish? And/or could the green or blue trophy fish be used as bait to improve the chances of catching another trophy fish?

Just some thoughts. Thanks for reading.
  • snoogadooch
    snoogadooch
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a title for provisioning and other difficult crafting achievements. One idea would be a title for collecting every recipe in the game (maybe pre dlc).

Any chance of this happening?
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ! You've been talking lately about giving the 64 bit client more space Inside the PC environnement. I still have really bad FPS issue with the 64-bit client and while I run around 60 fps in the 32 bit environnement my fps rarely goes over 12 in the 64 bit environnement. Have you notice this happend in multiple case, when can we expect to see some fixes made so we could test it before it goes live ? Do you have an ETA on 64 bit client becoming part of the launcher ?
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non English speaker sometimes is hard to understand what is being said in the language but today, while waiting for another almost eternal maintenance I watched my first ESO Live episode, specifically the number #31 in which Mr. Firor appeared for an interview.

Well... One of the purposes of these Lives is to answer the most specific questions of players with some more details or at least stronger and less speculative bases but in the first 20 minutes of this particular episode, something like 90% of the questions were evaded or answered with the usual "No ETA" with a, possible IMHO, explanation that the company is working in some other important factors right now.

With so little things coming in incremental patches, relatively speaking, WHEN we have an incremental patch, and several of them, over and over again addressing things of so little impact or too focused in one big thing that affects only a portion of players right now, and yet several bugs persisting for so much time that remains the question "what the h***k (stars added on purpose) is the company working into?"

I know that this episode was prior to TG DLC being release but you've got my meaning... I hope
    Edited by magnusthorek on April 12, 2016 8:32PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Kebo
    Kebo
    ✭✭✭
    How many total lines of code does the game have? I am really curious about this question.
  • ArcaneKaithel
    ArcaneKaithel
    Soul Shriven
    When is ZOS going to drop the hammer on script runners in PVP? People are abandoning ship quick, fast, and in a hurry. I'd hate to see this game go the way of the dinosaur because of a very select group driving the rest away.

I love this game and I want to see it survive. Blizzard threw in a half second delay in ability use to curtail this problem. Is that anything that ZOS can implement?

Thanks and toodles :smiley:
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    When can we expect to start to see some details about the Dark Brotherhood?
    Any news about what is coming after Dark Brotherhood?

www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys,

So this is something I have wondered since the game launched and I realised that Dawnbreaker is a Fighter's Guild skill...

Will we get a Mehrunes Razor weapon/ artifact or skill?

I assume since Dark Brotherhood is a paid DLC it won't be coming with the DB skill line so my question is :

Will we get a Mehrunes Razor weapon/ artifact or skill?

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    is player housing coming with or after dark brotherhood?
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    can we expect a yokudan motif comin up?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tend to be released a certain amount of time after being introduced, I'd think ancient Orc is prolly next.
This discussion has been closed.