Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we are now in the second quarter of 2016, can we please have a PTS date and a launch date for the Dark Brotherhood DLC?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heya folks, time for another shotgun blast of questions:

Can we get a hint of any upcoming improvements to guilds? Will we ever offer things like guild progression to offer unique tabards, expanded bank space, guild halls, trophies, or titles? How about things like guild quests?

Will there ever be rewards for achievement points, things like unique motifs, crafting mats, bags, etc. That can be purchased the more achievement points a character has? This was hinted at a while ago but I haven't seen any news.

Can we get an improvement to the Cyrodill daily quests? The most useful ones right now are the kill enemy players quest while the keep and resource quests send us to useless parts of the map. The rewards are also kind if pitiful, maybe offer gear bags?

Can we get an AP buff for capturing resources or keeps? Currently if we take an objective uncontested we spend more time and resources for a very small reward. This punishes tactically minded people that take advantage of hitting soft targets.

Any way to get a damage meter hit posting for after you die or complete a dungeon? This would show thing like your top hit, total damage, and time in an event. This would only be visible to the individual. PC players have addons that can do this, but console players don't.

Can we get blue rewards once for doing a random normal dungeon and purple rewards for completing a random veteran dungeon once a day? The veteran dungeons are harder and typically take longer.

Do you have plans in the future to stop supporting the 32 bit client and only support 64 bit, like with directx 11?

Will ww see more abilities to help counter heal spamming? Major defile, available on lethal arrow and reverberating bash, are one of the few abilities to shut down healers while the rest relies on equipment. On a contrast we have multiple abilities to reflect, mitigate, or dodge damage and projectiles & melee.

Any updates on adding objectives into Imperial City and how it will affect the areas?

Thanks for your time folks.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    The new DLc is so fun so far! Keep it up guys!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danny231 wrote: »
    The new DLc is so fun so far! Keep it up guys!

I totally agree, it is very good so far :). fun.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Is that how we actually get our questions answered @HeroOfNone ? Shotgun post of a bunch of questions?... I might have to try that...
    Edited by Gidorick on April 5, 2016 11:55PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we see mid game character appearance customization? Like a barber shop or something where we can change hair, face, and body after character creation?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iink wrote: »
    When will we see mid game character appearance customization? Like a barber shop or something where we can change hair, face, and body after character creation?

it was anounced earlier, that it is being worked on it, barbershop with appearance change, race change, but no alliance change. but no eta on it. patience :smiley:
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the last ESO Live episode @ZOS_RichLambert told us that he loves statistics and showed us some FPS and latency numbers. Very recently I learned about Simpson's Paradox, which tells us that a trend that is visible in different groups of data may disappear or reverse if you combine them into one. Averaging over a whole set of data like in the table he showed us is pretty much exactly what this refers to, so I was wondering if he is aware of this paradox and if the values we saw are the only indication that is used to determine if there is a problem with performance?

He also said that you track things like the most used addons. Maybe you could share the top 10 with us? :)
    Maybe you could also share some other top lists, like most used abilities by class, deadliest vet dungeons, best trading guilds (in terms of sales) and many more.

And last but not least, is there any secret in Tamriel that no player has found yet? Like a hidden quest or NPC.
    Edited by sirinsidiator on April 6, 2016 8:37PM
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Is that how we actually get our questions answered @HeroOfNone ? Shotgun post of a bunch of questions?... I might have to try that...

That and wording I'd take it. Don't ask questions they won't answer for obvious "work in progress" issues and focus on issues in the current patch. For example:

"Will arenas & battlegrounds be in the dark brotherhood DLC" won't likely get answered, at least until dark brotherhood is closer.

"Cyrodiil seems to be nonstop zerging lately, are you working on any small scale PVP options for the future?" More likely to be answered, since it's open ended & focuses on the game currently. But still not likely to be answered if any small scale things are in long term development.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

That and wording I'd take it. Don't ask questions they won't answer for obvious "work in progress" issues and focus on issues in the current patch. For example:

"Will arenas & battlegrounds be in the dark brotherhood DLC" won't likely get answered, at least until dark brotherhood is closer.

"Cyrodiil seems to be nonstop zerging lately, are you working on any small scale PVP options for the future?" More likely to be answered, since it's open ended & focuses on the game currently. But still not likely to be answered if any small scale things are in long term development.

Ah, see... that seems to be the problem then @HeroOfNone . The questions I seek answers to are "work in progress" type questions. Like.. "Are we ever going to get to play any other Khajiit Furstocks?" or... "What ever happened to first person mount riding?"

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind if I ever have any questions that can be phrased in a more open ended way.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Murkmire still in the cards?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Ranks leaving with release of Brotherhood DLC, Will housing later this year be its own DLC or be a part of a new DLC Zone?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the issue with Molag Kena proccing, we were incorrect that this was something we couldn't reproduce (blame Monday?). This has been bugged internally, and we're working on a fix for it. Sorry for the confusion!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/2504515#Comment_2504515

December 2015!
    Still working on it?
    Dark brotherhood dlc? Or later? ;)
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    is there going to be a motif for emperor's personal centurion guards style?
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a fix to Templar's Restoring Aura skill (and Radiant Aura morph)? It's not granting Major Fortitude.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this is probably too late to be answered, but can a header be added to the forums announcing when ESO Live will be? I have to go to the last few minutes of the last episode to find out that it is tomorrow as I have found nothing on the forums or website to give the date and time of the show. Even 48 hours before would be an improvement than not knowing.
  • haukke
    haukke
    ✭✭
    will there ever be an option to turn off the cursor and compass 0n console. we can turn everything else off and it ruins some really terrific pictures. the game is beautiful and they get in the way.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

For the longest time my clothier only gets one letter, repeated every day. The attachments seem to be random, but she has 'stuck' at a point in the letter series.

@newtinmpls: That's normal if you got to the end of the hireling storylines (there are only two stories per hireling type).

No, I haven't gotten to the end, in fact the place I'm "stopped" at is when whats-his-dres says that he isn't going to write warm fuzzy letters like before - and I've been farther along the "story" than that before.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy? Class? or SKill Line? and When? :D

nnooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the longest time my clothier only gets one letter, repeated every day. The attachments seem to be random, but she has 'stuck' at a point in the letter series.
    That's normal if you got to the end of the hireling storylines (there are only two stories per hireling type).
    No, I haven't gotten to the end, in fact the place I'm "stopped" at is when whats-his-dres says that he isn't going to write warm fuzzy letters like before - and I've been farther along the "story" than that before.
    @newtinmpls This one?
    Patron. Now that you have entered into a partnership with Uraviin Dres, there will be a few changes. First, I will be unable to send you personalized notes for the foreseeable future. That's just not my cup of flin. Second, your regular shipments will continue. Third, I will avenge myself against Veesk. After all, I am a scion of House Dres.

That one is message 200, and is thus currently the final message in the Clothing hireling set.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will future changes(housing or anything else) increase demand for not that much used mats ?

We have the Outlaw Motif but what about wit this Thieves Guild Motif is it a thing ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get discussion threads about proposed skill/trait/race changes set up well in advance of the Dark Brotherhood PTS?

I know the community would like to discuss and see some of these changes, and once they are on the PTS we have literally no say in their implementation aside from bug testing them. (Barring extreme cases of sheer brokenness.)

There have been enough changes that are good AND bad. I think if we had a say in them then any bad changes WE would share responsibility for, and can't solely blame the Devs.
    Edited by zerosingularity on April 8, 2016 11:16AM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have some more tunes for the lute please, I love what we have already but when we are having a party in Daggerfall Square it can get a bit repetitive.
    Pretty please :)
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    Can we have confirmation that the Crafting Bag is definitely coming with Dark Brotherhood please?
  • xionicc
    xionicc
    ✭✭
    Can we have confirmation that the Crafting Bag is definitely coming with Dark Brotherhood please?

Also console text chat as well as character names displayed
  • Drazorious
    Drazorious
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to get any kind of jewelry crafting?
    Stuff and things
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Already been confirmed by Rich Lambert. They will be for plus subscribers only tho.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 8, 2016 3:53PM
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever see new Veteran Dungeons of the older Normal ones? Like Volenfell, Arx Corinium, or even Vaults of Madness? I love the dungeons in this game but they are getting pretty repetitive at this point.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @newtinmpls This one?
    Patron. Now that you have entered into a partnership with Uraviin Dres, there will be a few changes. First, I will be unable to send you personalized notes for the foreseeable future. That's just not my cup of flin. Second, your regular shipments will continue. Third, I will avenge myself against Veesk. After all, I am a scion of House Dres.

That one is message 200, and is thus currently the final message in the Clothing hireling set.

Since when is that the last one? I used to get a follow up from the argonian saying that she got her diary (or whatever) back from the nasty Dres.
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    Why does this game feel like going to work?

Why does this game feel like a cash grab?

Why does this game feel like a glorified single player game with Co-Op?
This discussion has been closed.