Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly/specifically changes on the consoles UI when text chat is added?
    Can you show us or tell us any details on how this will work?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • -BOONeR-
    -BOONeR-
    Soul Shriven
    I play for the Ebonheart Pact faction, my teammates and myself constantly encounter what we call Team Green. What is Team Green? Team Green is when The Aldmeri Dominion and the Daggerfall Covenant factions team up to zerg the Ebonheart Pact faction in even more overwhelming numbers.

Will there ever be some kind of underdog buff to the faction that is being outnumbered during battles in PvP? An example of an underdog buff would be that the faction that is being overwhelmed by a zerg would get a temporary buff to defend against and possibly defeat a player mass that outnumbers your group by 5+ to 1. This could also apply to the campaigns population caps. If for example you enter a campaign where the other factions are population capped, the faction with the least amount players would get a slight buff to help defend and take back keeps etc. The buff would apply for the amount of time that is available until the points reset. I believe it is every hour at the moment.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play for the Ebonheart Pact faction, my teammates and myself constantly encounter what we call Team Green. What is Team Green? Team Green is when The Aldmeri Dominion and the Daggerfall Covenant factions team up to zerg the Ebonheart Pact faction in even more overwhelming numbers.

Will there ever be some kind of underdog buff to the faction that is being outnumbered during battles in PvP? An example of an underdog buff would be that the faction that is being overwhelmed by a zerg would get a temporary buff to defend against and possibly defeat a player mass that outnumbers your group by 5+ to 1. This could also apply to the campaigns population caps. If for example you enter a campaign where the other factions are population capped, the faction with the least amount players would get a slight buff to help defend and take back keeps etc. The buff would apply for the amount of time that is available until the points reset. I believe it is every hour at the moment.

this would be complete non-sense, why do you thing people group? to have greater dps, greater stacking etc, this is war my friend, not a playground!
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible or feasible to adjust the Battle Spirit buff for a certain campaign (the no CP campaign) and if so, is that being considered? The current Battle Spirit was adjusted because damage, healing and shields went out of control the more CP players spent, so one would think it would be a good idea to readjust the buff when no one has access to CP at all, or the game balance might turn into the opposite direction.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    Would it be possible for all older set drops, Necropotence, etc get an update to be at max level?
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are some people cured of vampirism permanently (as in Oblivion) and others only temporarily (as in ESO, Skyrim)? Does it depend on the person, the cure used, or the specific strain of vampirism?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • -BOONeR-
    -BOONeR-
    Soul Shriven
    altemriel wrote: »

this would be complete non-sense, why do you thing people group? to have greater dps, greater stacking etc, this is war my friend, not a playground!

Did you even read the post? I was referring to Team Green, AD/DC team up against EP all the time. I never see Team Orange or Team Purple. There needs to be a way to discourage two factions always targeting one faction and never aligning with them. Also the faction that is getting singled out should get a temporary buff.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings. Need fix a problem in game with getting collectible Malformed Kagouti Tusk.
    There is no Kagouties in Veteran leveled zones for EP characters. Craglorn dungeon School of Warriors has no drop from kagouties on arena, vDSA 4 arena - too few kagouties and too low chance to get trophy. No variables for get trophy...
    Maybe you can do something to correct this thing like increase chance to get trophy in vDSA as nix-hounds already does?
    Options
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    MarcoPolo wrote: »
    With the up and coming removal of vet ranks im a little puzzled to how the attributes are going to fixed
    as if the level cap stops at 50 that means all new characters are going to be around 14/15 attributes down? How
    is zos going to make it fair on new characters over previous maxed vet16.
    @MarcoPolo The current plan is to move these 16 attribute points into the 1-50 levelling, so you'll get an extra point every 5 levels, and an extra 2 points every 10 levels.

So im guessing if a character is level 28 or anywhere in between when this happens those extra attributes
    Will be added so they can be used?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would ZOS consider making the writ boards in Craglorn different from others... that if accepting writs from it forces writs surveys to Craglorn region for nirn-ore hunters (that now forced to places like wrothgar)?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to make craglorn quests soloable? I can never seem to find anyone to group with to do the quests. I really want to play in craglorn :'(
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there ever be a full on expansion pack for ESO? By which I mean a number of significant changes to the terrain and environment of Tamriel. For instance nearly two years ago I liberated Camlorn from the werewolves but it has not been rebuilt. An expansion could alter this and allow the city of Camlorn to be rebuilt, settlers to return etc.

Could also add some missing features like mob alchemy reagents, many of which appear to be in the game (Elemental essence, ectoplasm, supple roots) but which have no use other than to be sold to merchants. These could easily enough be changed to alchemy reagents.

Also will the other magic staves be added for player use? Like the illusion staves we see some enemies use?
    I want spell crafting.
    Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to do something with the Snakeblood passive from the Alchemy skill line? Right now, it's essentially useless, especially considering it's the last passive in the line.
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Gina!

Can you please update the language for the Nightblade Summon Shade descriptions from "Summon a shade version of yourself" to "Summon a shade?" I play as a Khajiit and the "shade version" of myself doesn't look like me or have a tail. This simple change in the language would make the shade an entity of it's own instead of a supposed replica of myself. This is not an important/gamebreaking issue. Just a simple request for a language update that perhaps some "beast race" players would appreciate. Thank you!
    Options
  •  joshylonstoky
    not that its need but it will be cool if we could use one handed sword with out a shield as weapon like in skyrim where could punch (and also those who has heavy armor perks could punch harder). or one handed weapon as a magicka weapon (sword magic skyrim play style) since there is only like one magical weapon because the healing staff focus on healing instead of offensive.
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's a bug or not but, can you please make fishing like how it is in wrothgar, where I get two fishes from one catch. It would save a lot of sleepless nights trying to catch that blue fish. And if it is a bug, please don't fix it ! In fact implement it ! It's great!
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on February 23, 2016 1:14PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's a bug or not but, can you please make fishing like how it is in wrothgar, where I get two fishes from one catch. It would save a lot of sleepless nights trying to catch that blue fish. And if it is a bug, please don't fix it !

Was a bug. Fishing is a sport so sleepless nights go with the joy of fishing... just don't end up sleeping with the fishes!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    Any word on possibly new emotes added into the game? Also being able to walk with a torch, can that be a thing? Miss going into dungeons with a torch in hand.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Gina!

Can you please update the language for the Nightblade Summon Shade descriptions from "Summon a shade version of yourself" to "Summon a shade?" I play as a Khajiit and the "shade version" of myself doesn't look like me or have a tail. This simple change in the language would make the shade an entity of it's own instead of a supposed replica of myself. This is not an important/gamebreaking issue. Just a simple request for a language update that perhaps some "beast race" players would appreciate. Thank you!

or they could stop being lazy and use the correct model for the shade lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how many shieldstacking threads there are and suggested "fixes" are you considering doing something specific about this issue?
    Its most apparent on sorcerer with hardened ward coupled with dampen/harness magicka. Just try to visualize if Bone shield was a 12k shield that stacked with hardened ward that is also around 10-12k how unbalanced that would be for stamina builds dealing physical dmg. Thank you.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Question for the Ask us anything!

Are you guys considering making AvA Rank bind to account - similar to CP gains? To develop a bit on this idea to make an account bound PvP Rank so we can play with any character mantaining our PvP Rank.
    This could either work as in adding up all the AP gained by an account. Also, the Rank Symbol could work as the title system, being able to select the one you like the most and think reflects your character better.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -BOONeR- wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »

Did you even read the post? I was referring to Team Green, AD/DC team up against EP all the time. I never see Team Orange or Team Purple. There needs to be a way to discourage two factions always targeting one faction and never aligning with them. Also the faction that is getting singled out should get a temporary buff.

As a DC member i OFTEN ( at least in BwB ) see team orange
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 23, 2016 5:43PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to convert inventory costumes used for quests into collection costumes after you have completed all quests that need the costume?

Maybe on completion, the inventory costume could acquire a drop down menu item: Convert to Collection? Or just Collect. Or it might be easier to give all inventory costumes the collect menu item, and then block collection costumes from fulfilling the needs of the quest. Either way.
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
    Options
  • Gingerjumper
    Hi, my question for Eso live is;

Are there plans to change 'Bound Armor' and/or 'Mage light' so they don't need 2 slots to avoid losing the buffs during weapon swap?

As a follow up question could I also please ask; are there any plans to change the graphical effect for bound armor so that we can show our hard earned armor instead of the generic daedric look?

Background;

I'd just like to explain why I asked these questions. I watched Eso live last week with interest. The other sorcerer summons (the pets) were mentioned as having their use changed so they are not toggles. This is good and I welcome it. Could we also get the same treatment for bound armor please (and maybe mage light too to please all classes that use it)?

I know in the past ZoS have said that they want people to recognise that a player has daedric armor on. That makes sense, except that if a player with bound armor applied uses a disguise the graphical effect of bound armor is hidden from the opposition player thus making the desire to inform adversaries mute. With that in mind, couldn't the graphical effect just be changed so we can still see the armor we craft and work hard for and yet still show we have the buff?

As a suggestion, maybe have an aura around the player, like a red ball (similar to Mage light)?

Thanks for reading and good luck with the show, sorry for the long post.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question for Wrobel and the combat team. With the large number of changes going into 1.9 it makes sense that you would be hesitant to add in more changes. There are several groups of players in game who feel that they are being completely ignored this patch and being told to just wait until update 10 is not the answer they are looking for. Will there be more incremental balance patches leading up to update 10 to help alleviate these issues or can we get some idea what direction the combat team plans to bring these groups of players?

P.S. I don't want to have to dig around for all of the post from last february, but if the combat team 'knew going into this they wouldn't have time for everything' way back then they clearly have done some forward thinking.
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4, the Molag Bal event in the sewers is still not working. Will this be addressed any time soon?
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding countering the zerg phenomenon in PvP, would it be feasible to introduce a movement speed debuff to players of any given faction in a particular area proportional to the number of players of that faction in that area.

Rationale: currently, with no collision, groups are as manoeuverable as the individual, causing swarm like behaviour. More realistic combat is to be expected if large groups were to lose manoeuverability. As collision and friendly fire are not feasibly, a player concentration based speed debuff might be the next best thing.......if it's feasible. It would leave the large'numbers' fire power intact, but would give less numerous enemies the initiative to engage and disengage.

Edited for clarity
    Edited by Muizer on February 25, 2016 8:04AM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Will molag bal ever return to the sewers?
    Options
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    Regarding countering the zerg phenomenon in PvP, would it be feasible to introduce a movement speed debuff to players of any given faction proportional to the number of players in a given area.

Rationale: currently, with no collision, groups are as manoeuverable as the individual, causing swarm like behaviour. More realistic combat is to be expected if large groups were to lose manoeuverability. As collision and friendly fire are not feasibly, a player concentration based speed debuff might be the next best thing.......if it's feasible. It would leave the large'numbers' fire power intact, but would give less numerous enemies the initiative to engage and disengage.

Although I understand the logic of it, I think that "faction" punishment campaign based is nonsense since all campaigns have zergs going on in all factions. I disagree in the manouverability of bigger groups. I run in guildraids and have rarely been in a 24 man group, however often their movement sucks and is easy to pick their backline. I think that all the rational should be in the AoE caps and the effectivity of certain group based skills - some already being addressed in 2.3 TG.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    Regarding countering the zerg phenomenon in PvP, would it be feasible to introduce a movement speed debuff to players of any given faction proportional to the number of players in a given area.

Although I understand the logic of it, I think that "faction" punishment campaign based is nonsense since all campaigns have zergs going on in all factions. I disagree in the manouverability of bigger groups. I run in guildraids and have rarely been in a 24 man group, however often their movement sucks and is easy to pick their backline. I think that all the rational should be in the AoE caps and the effectivity of certain group based skills - some already being addressed in 2.3 TG.

I may not have been clear enough.Thanks for pointing this out.I hope my edit clarifies things.

As for what (other) approaches might or might not work, this isn't the place to discuss them amongst ourselves I think.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.