Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We know the Alliance motifs are coming. We know where the motifs themselves will drop. What will they be using as racial stones and where can we find those?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • TheSwanKing
    TheSwanKing
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a plan to actually have the concept hairstyle I have on my avatar in the game? There is no where near enough tribal type hairstyles currently.
    Options
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    text chat on console? with the option to disable or enable it so if we don't want it on our screen we can turn it off! it would be amazing having a text chat on console, cause i find myself in situations when i want to tell someone something that isn't in the quick chat..
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be there a mechanism to increase your gear level?
    I had got some good gear sets while enjoying the quest lines, but they became obsolete as soon as I out-leveled them. Then the next thing I did was grinding my character to the top level so I would not experience the gear out-leveling anymore. I strongly believe that as soon as the gear level will be upgrade-able a lot of new players will prefer the story line(questing) over grinding.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 31, 2016 6:04AM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Will be there a mechanism to increase your gear level?
    I had got some good gear sets while enjoying the quest lines, but they became obsolete as soon as I out-leveled them. Then the next thing I did was grinding my character to the top level so I would not experience the gear out-leveling anymore. I strongly believe that as soon as the gear level will be upgrade-able a lot of new players will prefer the story line(questing) over grinding.

They answered this question a few ESO lives back with a No sadly, as it would apparently remove some of the effort to get max level sets or something.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • kirk_lewis_ESO
    kirk_lewis_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If i add champion points to a passive, is it a permanent commit and if so, will there be a way to respec champion points?
    Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i add champion points to a passive, is it a permanent commit and if so, will there be a way to respec champion points?

You can reset CP at any point and any amount, it will always cost you a flat 3000 gold though.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • michalmack
    michalmack
    ✭✭✭
    Where will we be able to find the style materials for the new crafting styles?
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Alliance Motifs be faction-locked in any way? EX: Will my Aldmeri Dominion character only be able to loot the Aldmeri Dominion Motif, or will the other two also drop for her?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    Does this work?
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an appropriate place to arrange purchases of in game items with in game currency? I find it quite hard, and time consuming to get the armour pieces for a new build I might want to try. Thanks in advance for any responses.
    Edited by Zagnut123Zagnut123 on February 1, 2016 4:57AM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an appropriate place to arrange purchases of in game items with in game currency? I find it quite hard, and time consuming to get the armour pieces for a new build I might want to try. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Are you talking about organizing it on the forums? If so, then no sadly. Are you on console or PC? If on PC, then you could try zone chat, and if console then you'd have to find a guild and ask there I guess...

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah im on pc and annoyingly ive searched weeks with no luck its a point of utter frustration. I don't think people are looking at chat most of the time I know I don't when im in the IC sewers. @MrDerrikk ty for the response.
    Edited by Zagnut123Zagnut123 on February 1, 2016 7:52AM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    Does this work?

Sometimes. :lol:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Will you fix the Fighters Guild/Mages Guild bug - where you can not progress in it's skill line - anytime soon?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/221681/zos-ignoring-game-breaking-bug-no-progress-in-fighters-mages-guild-skill-line/p1
    Or give us atleast ANY response? We are waiting since 5 months now.
    Edited by Fasold666 on February 1, 2016 7:08PM
    Options
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a console player of eso.
    the other night I was bsing in the guild chat and guy was talking about the new champion point system coming up with removing veteran ranks, and he references an online discussion on about the changes but I can't seem to find them.
    would someone link me to this update. I'm completely lost. thanks
    2 templars - 1 cup
    Options
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    Do you plan adding all of Tamriel through DLCs eventually? Also would it be possible to add in the campaigns tab a Craglorn section with 2 subgroups: Group and Solo?. Craglorn has a great story but its hard to find groups. I would love to play it solo.
    Edited by Heroborg on February 1, 2016 7:59PM
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
    Options
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    SCT - Is there a forum post where I can read more about it?

What does it actually entail? (we know there aren't buff/unbuff cooldowns and we will be able to toggle on/off)

Is it just combat (how hard you hit/how hard they hit)?

Will it show healing/HP received?

Is it a full UI update (kind of like originally was suggested in the first announcement about it)?

Will we see XP earned on console (please)?

Will we see HP %'s on enemies and our own (please)?

Are you creating it from a PC POV where it will supplement add-ons people already use or a console POV where we have nothing.

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It totally makes no sense, that you need to spend so much mats for crafting VR15 or VR16 gear and when deconstructing it, you get very little mats back.

why that ZOS???

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Options
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    In the launch details of the Thieves Guild DLC, a Khajiit named Fa'ren-dar is mentioned for the Heist Board. I know "Dar" is a Khajiit honourific, but "Fa" hasn't been used as a prefix since Daggerfall. Is it being reintroduced as an honourific, or is his name Fa'ren with Dar?
    Edited by Pensola on February 1, 2016 10:32PM
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Pensola
    Fa'ren is his name. Dar in Ta'agra means Thief, so he's known as Fa'ren the Thief, just like M'aiq is known as M'aiq the Liar.

Edited by Ghrimn on February 2, 2016 12:19AM
    Options
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    @Pensola
    Fa'ren is his name. Dar in Ta'agra means Thief, so he's known as Fa'ren the Thief, just like M'aiq is known as M'aiq the Liar.
    I can understand that, and I get that Fa'ren as name is a possiblity. However, if we ignore Arena and Daggerfall, all Khajiit names with apostrophe in them use it to separate the prefix and the name itself (with the exception of Qa'Dar from Morrowind and Oblivion, where I guess Qa is his name and Dar is his honorific). Usually, if the honorific is after the name, it is separated by a hyphen (again, ignoring Qa'Dar, who would have been Qa-Dar unless the Dar is his name and Qa is an unknown honorific, which UESPWiki seems to think).

Therefore, I thought Fa'ren would be similar to M'aiq, and Fa'ren-dar would be like if M'aiq called himself M'aiq-dro ; an ever so narcissistic person who has given himself double honorific.

If Fa'ren had only been Faren-Dar, I wouldn't have asked, since I would have assumed Faren was his name. For example, I have seen people say that Razum-Dar's name is actually Zum using the prefix Ra (esteemed leader) and suffix Dar (Thief), but I have mostly assumed that, without any apostrophe, his name is Razum.

But with the apostrophe, which only appears in Khajiit names to separate the honorific, I started doubting. It didn't help that one of the possible male prefixes in Arena and Daggerfall for Khajiit was Fa', making me think they might try to bring some elements from the old games back (which I would personally love, but understand if it isn't the case).

It could certainly be that I am wrong; I am basing my information on the UESPWiki's page on Khajiit names, which admittedly is not up-to-date with all the Khajiit names in ESO. If I am, forgive me. :)
    Edited by Pensola on February 2, 2016 12:44AM
    Options
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    Are you going to fix Templars soon..?
    Options
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    Curious about a design choice that has come to my mind from time to time:

Why are the Nordic racial passives dedicated soley to defense, while the Orcs balance defense and offense? It has always been reversed in the main series, at least for as long as both races have been present.
    Options
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the new "mementos" tab under Collections, will we get to see stolen items that we have laundered stored in there as well?
    Would be great if we could save some stolen items, open up collections and maybe even see a model or drawing of the item(s).

If not, please remove the ability to launder stolen items that are bound on pickup plzkthx :3
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
    Options
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    Any insight as to when we may see a proper transmogrification system put in place? I'd love if all my armor could match, aside from just dyes.
    Options
  • LaChona1
    LaChona1
    Soul Shriven
    Will the new upcoming motifs be split in Pages? (Please dont is a pain to complete one imagine 6)
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS,
    could we have a playable Baby Netch polymorph (also usable in Cyrodiil)?
    Please make it happen!
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaChona1 wrote: »
    Will the new upcoming motifs be split in Pages? (Please dont is a pain to complete one imagine 6)

I can't imagine them not being in pages; in fact, if they are full books can you imagine how rare they would be? Having them as super rare books would be yet another RNG like Monster Helms, which nobody wants, so having the occasional page come by would be much better as you can trade what you already have and buy them in installments.

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    It totally makes no sense, that you need to spend so much mats for crafting VR15 or VR16 gear and when deconstructing it, you get very little mats back.

why that ZOS???

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

That's the whole big problem. Deconstruct doesn't align with creation but heck....it's all just silly now all this VR crap that now seems to be moving to CPs
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
This discussion has been closed.