Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    Will a cold damage ability be added to the game or changed from an existing skill? Currently there are zero cold based abilities in the game and the only way to focus cold damage is via an occasional ice comet ultimate.

Currently:
    fire damage (DK, few others)
    lightning damage (sorc only)
    poison damage (bow only)
    disease damage (werewolf only)
    Magic damage (everyone)
    cold damage (none)
    Edited by beerninja on January 29, 2016 1:05AM
    Options
  • Solace of Shadows
    I have traveled to many lands and heard many stories. From the Bosmer Spinners of my people, to the written words marked on the broken remnants of trees. From these stories I have heard many tales of the Werekin, The Children Of Hircine.

Some may be truer than others, though the story of our world flows and changes over the course of time, to make what was once untruth into truth. However, I have heard of one story that cannot, must not, be true.

We may seek the Werekin in the pale light of the full moons, fighting against tooth and claw for the right to bear the curse gift. We may even seek those willing to share the curse gift, for a price.

I have heard the tales of the Great Spinners. Those who spun not only our stories into being, but the stories of the gods themselves. To these Great Spinners I have but one question.

Dude. Crown store werewolves? Seriously! Pay money and BOOM. Instant werewolf? It feels too quick. Too easy. Too cheap.

Instead, let us buy a quest that puts us on the path to becoming a werewolf. Give us a lore quest full of adventure, choices and general awesomeness. Its a story for all of us you're spinning. Make it good.

Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have traveled to many lands and heard many stories. From the Bosmer Spinners of my people, to the written words marked on the broken remnants of trees. From these stories I have heard many tales of the Werekin, The Children Of Hircine.

Some may be truer than others, though the story of our world flows and changes over the course of time, to make what was once untruth into truth. However, I have heard of one story that cannot, must not, be true.

We may seek the Werekin in the pale light of the full moons, fighting against tooth and claw for the right to bear the curse gift. We may even seek those willing to share the curse gift, for a price.

I have heard the tales of the Great Spinners. Those who spun not only our stories into being, but the stories of the gods themselves. To these Great Spinners I have but one question.

Dude. Crown store werewolves? Seriously! Pay money and BOOM. Instant werewolf? It feels too quick. Too easy. Too cheap.

Instead, let us buy a quest that puts us on the path to becoming a werewolf. Give us a lore quest full of adventure, choices and general awesomeness. Its a story for all of us you're spinning. Make it good.

This was one of the biggest complaints about it, in that you pay to skip content. At least if it gave you a choice to do the quest it wouldn't be 100% awful...
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    beerninja wrote: »
    Will a cold damage ability be added to the game or changed from an existing skill? Currently there are zero cold based abilities in the game and the only way to focus cold damage is via an occasional ice comet ultimate.

Currently:
    fire damage (DK, few others)
    lightning damage (sorc only)
    poison damage (bow only)
    disease damage (werewolf only)
    Magic damage (everyone)
    cold damage (none)

I agree that the availability of Frost damage in the game is very limited, but it's not nonexistent.

The Frost Destro staff may be *very* low performing, but it is there, and Frost weapon enchants are also available.
    Other than Ice comet, though, that's it. Not much to choose from.
    Options
  • Jargo
    Jargo
    Soul Shriven
    Can we expect to see leaderboards for the new heist system coming in the TG DLC?
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    Will we be able to join the Iron Wheel and fight against the Thieves Guild? Not everyone wants to be a thief, so giving us an option to join either guild would be nice. If you had us infiltrate the Thieves Guild if we chose to ally with the Iron Wheel you wouldn't need to change any of the quests besides perhaps the first and last one.
    Options
  • Burnsie88
    Burnsie88
    Soul Shriven
    May we get the option to display the UI health bars at all times? For those characters that use "shield stacking" it can be difficult to determine how much shielding remains.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    edorfeus wrote: »
    Why do you choose the most uninteresting and unimportant questions to answer on ESO Live like the question about "why there are no toilets in the game" or "how Green Pact reacts to forest creatures attacking a bosmer" while there are tons of really important questions about the game mechanics in this thread?

Because some of us don't have mechanical issues, but do have a healthy interest in the Lore of the world of ESO.

Maybe I should add this to my sig, it seems to have become my motto: "You don't get to decide what is important to other people."
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnsie88 wrote: »
    May we get the option to display the UI health bars at all times? For those characters that use "shield stacking" it can be difficult to determine how much shielding remains.

You're on console? You should have an option in the game setting sunder "Interface" in any case.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question: As the normal Trial in Thief Guild will scale to the group leader, will the members of the group "battlelevel" once they enter in the Trial? Meaning that, if a lvl 20 player join a group with a lvl 40 leader, will that player battlelevel and become lvl 40 inside the trial?

Question How will the ESO+ perk Crafting Bag work once a suscriber stop his subscription? Will that player still be able to get material out from the bag, but not add any (like in some other MMORPG), or will that work differently?

Question: What content in the Thief Guild DLC adress to the players that do not want to become a "thief"? We know there is a Trial, 2 delves and 2 world bosses. Is there anything else that doesn't involve sneaking and stealing?
    Edited by Elloa on January 29, 2016 11:13AM
    Options
  • Oneyedhamster
    Oneyedhamster
    Soul Shriven
    Will enchanting and alchemy writs get higher incentives, in the same way that equipment and provisioning writs did with glass and psijic fragments?
    Options
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    when can you fix armor pen so people can run heavy armor?
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will enchanting and alchemy writs get higher incentives, in the same way that equipment and provisioning writs did with glass and psijic fragments?

Enchanting are good because of the Kuta chance, but the Alchemy ones are pretty useless. They need to release some extra special potion ingredients (maybe an extra potency modifier that slightly increases the potion power, but is very rare?).

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • swiftmoney09
    Will the center event in the Imperial Sewers be fixed anytime soon? The last patch notes say it was, but it's still broken. I need Hakeijo!
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a result of the two larger locked threads, closed for review, regarding group damage....

What are the initial thoughts of ZOS?

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote:
    Though there are good and bad things about this addon, we believe that using this type of addon isn’t in the spirit of our game and encourages spying on other players without their permission. Ultimately, we don’t want players being evaluated and discriminated against based on data they don’t know is being broadcast. You will still be able to use addons that show your own combat data if you so choose to, which you can share with others.

Is this still true....or has this changed....

Is it possible that we see changes that undo the "nerfs" to AOE damage?

Is it likely that the SCT (scrolling combat text) when added, help individuals identify their effective damage which may result in the long-term cause and effect of Group Damage meters that aren't allowed in PC....Will ZOS rethink how damage occurs in Group encounters to alleviate the likely hood that players would be booted for not producing top-end DPS?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 29, 2016 3:23PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it likely that the SCT (scrolling combat text) when added, help individuals identify their effective damage which may result in the long-term cause and effect of Group Damage meters that aren't allowed in PC....Will ZOS rethink how damage occurs in Group encounters to alleviate the likely hood that players would be booted for not producing top-end DPS?
    Hmm, I'm interested.

Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few trial related questions @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno :

1. Will the trial leaderboards remain character based in the TG DLC? Is there any plans to go to a team based ranking or an account based ranking?

Participation is expected to increase significantly and the current leaderboard system fills the first 50-75 spots quickly with only a few regular teams and their Alts.

2. Will v16 MOL gear have a chance to drop in the weekly rewards from AA, HRC and SO?

3. Are vDSA weekly rewards being scaled to v16 as well?

4. Will the weekly rewards from AA, HRC and SO include scaled v16 versions of older sets? for example Silks of the Sun or Warlock's.

5. What is the lowest level the new trial will scale to? v1 or lower?

6. What the 3 new craftable sets? how many traits? Where do we get style material?

7. What are the new "PVE group based" bonus sets?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    You're on console? You should have an option in the game setting sunder "Interface" in any case.

On console, there is currently no option to have your health bar or any other attribute bar to stay visible at all times. Currently, our only options allow the bars to show when a buff to either one is active, but they tend to disappear when you're at 100% (full).
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 when we get a psn message, you have the notification defaulting to the top left corner of the screen. I'm a healer and it blocks my view of people's health bars so it makes me very nervous. Can you move it to the top right instead?
    Edited by beerninja on January 29, 2016 8:43PM
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the most basic skill requirements for all builds is a way to self heal or shield.

Stamina builds are very limited in this respect.... no shields, and the only two heals are
    1. Rally... forcing the user to use a 2H weapon... and is also the 5th skill to be unlocked so not very quick to get (& virtually useless for those who want to do lowbie PvP).
    2. Vigor.... which is locked behind a LOT of PvP.... which without a heal is very hard going!

Are there any plans to introduce a more accessible stamina heal? Or make an existing heal more accessible?

An idea could be to switch the positions of Purge & Vigor around.... ZoS are always saying that they feel purge is too strong & contributes to the PvP zerg mentality... making that harder to acquire may kill two birds with one stone.
    Edited by Flaminir on January 29, 2016 4:16PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , any plans to bring the PVE Fighter and Mages guilds up to the level of what the Thieves Guild will be? Specifically, introduction of quests that span Tamriel, for the glory of the Guild?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very looking forward to play Thieves Guild contents for fun and lore and hopefully to meet Nocturnal in our adventures.

I was hoping for some active skills in the the Thieves Guild skill line and especially to see venoms added to Alchemy.
    Do you have plans to add new active skills and venoms in a future incremental or major patch later on?
    Maybe with Dark Brotherhood?
    Edited by Helluin on February 11, 2016 2:14AM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    Will the bank tabs come with TG?
    Options
  • MeHodor
    MeHodor
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, Are there any plans for a reward for 2 year fun subscribers in March / April 2016. I would love a Snow Leopard ride or a dragon that can fly !!!!

Only joking about the dragon, but you must admit it would be fun !

Please please don't give us another jokers costume. The striped tiger was a great reward after one year.

Looking forward to what you come up with.
    Options
  • kulaan_dovulom
    kulaan_dovulom
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a golden pony guar pet? One that looks like the plushie.
    Options
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

You mentioned that there will be a new soundtrack coming with the Thieves Guild DLC. Will it ever come on iTunes just like the OST? Also, can't wait for Orsinium soundtrack, it's simply gorgeous.
    Edited by Aeladiir on January 29, 2016 6:25PM
    Options
  • Burnsie88
    Burnsie88
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any chance console players could get access to the PTS? I also have a PC and would be able to download the client there.
    Options
  • Burnsie88
    Burnsie88
    Soul Shriven
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Burnsie88 wrote: »

Yes I'm on console. I was talking about the red, blue, and green bars you see for your resources, not the little green one above your head, as it does not show applied shields.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the detection ring added to NPC's for heist also be added to radiant magelight or detect potions in order to provide feedback to players when they are used?
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDevil @Burnsie88

I had no idea sorry, on PC this is an option so I'm nor sure why it isn't on Console...

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.