Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's questions are PVP centric, so @FENGRUSH fans rejoyce! (Assuming they pick these questions)

The capture/scout quests in Cyrodiil are rediculous at the moment and lead players to try capturing objectives in useless locations. Can we please get an improvement to these to either give us the closest uncaptured objective, give use a generic "capture 4 EP/DC/AD" objectives, or simply give us quests for each capture point in Cyrodiil? These can be daily quests if there is a concern with farming.

Can we see more AP benefit to capturing a keep? Keeps are rather involved, but count roughly 16% of a player kill that could be insta killed by a burst build. Giving more AP, more exp, or even giving a AP gain buff (a shorter version of the one you get for killing a delve boss in Cyrodiil) makes more sense at this point. If we're still concerned on farming, realize that folks can alt rotate and give a lot more AP than someone can just "give away" a keep, it's time to stop the worrying about keep farming.

Many are interested in removing AOE caps, can we get a rule set on the PTS server to try them on out? If you make the change we'll mobilize the people to test it.

If we need to still delay on removing all AOE caps, can we at least increase the number affected by AOEs in the Assault and Support skill lines? These skills are rewarded for PVP rank and should at least affect warband (24 players) groups.

Can we get battle sprit to reduce regeneration (including restoring abilites like battle roar & spears) and alsoincrease armor mitigation? This may help reduce the instagibbing but not make tank players unkillable.

Could we see some new siege in the future? Maybe something like a poison mine that would remain stealth ed and generate a poison cloud in its radius until someone stealth detected it? Maybe more effects?

When forward camps are reintroduced what will their range e and will there be restrictions where you can drop them?

Can we get a clear answer if using abilities like dragon leap, chains, teleporting strike, streak, etc. to get into keeps are valid on NPC mobs/paths that are out in the open? There has been a lot of controversy on this.

Can we get a clear definition on the global cooldown (GCD) times for heavy/light attacks and the GCD for abilities? Folks keep assuming animation canceling can bypass this and it would be good to hear a developer explain it instead of multiple forum veterans.

What is the current population cap for Cyrodiil? What would the preferred cap be if lag issues were corrected?

Thanks for your time and hope to see @ZOS_BrianWheeler on ESO live to cover some of these questions.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on January 25, 2016 7:45PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get a jeweler crafting class?
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the rarest item in game at the moment?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • BigDanT
    BigDanT
    ✭✭
    I was reading the teaser information on The Thieves Guild release. Please tell me your giving the Thieves Guild skill line more meat that just passives? I hope it is just a grammatical error. The statement in the release was that it was receiving a passive skill line. This concerns me quite a bit. Fighters Guild has actives and passives, Undaunted has actives and passives. The Ledgermain World Skills are thieving passive skills.

There are still a whole list of potions that are going unused in alchemy.
    Lots of possible active abilities like speed boosts, shadow escape (leave combat), the good ole "planting" items in peoples pockets, not to mention things like forgery, (to increase the value of items). How about a trap active skill. Fighters guild was giving a trap skill not sure why.

I am very wound up about this because I have waited for 2 years to see the release of Thieves guild and Assassins guild.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elebeth wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Just one small question among tons of greater others:
    Will we ever see Vvardenfell in ESO? With it's cities and villages intact?
    I know.I'm like a dog that wont let go of her bone,but I just have to ask about it.It's my dream. :}

Hey there, fellow Morrowind enthusiast!
    There was actually a small official "discussion" about Vvardenfell, right here
    ZOS loves the idea of going there but not any time soon; there are 4 or 5 DLCs that we know about so maybe some time after that, but unfortunately not in 2016. :/

Also, Vvardenfell is quite different in ESO timeline (as mentioned in video) so only some kind of time travel would allow us to see TES III Vvardenfell; which, imho, is not needed and I eagerly await to see this new-old-old Vvardenfell :)

Hello fellow Morrowind enthusiast too!!
    I have posted about this and the time travel scenario in a couple of other threads.
    Kinda like this:
    You're running around,doing whatever,and come across a cave entrance. You head into it and it turns out to be a portal to the time of Vvardenfell.
    I am going to that link you added right now! Thanks!
    PS,..
    I just watched that video,and the Lore Master said more or less that there's no real option for Vvardenfell.That it was sparcely populated,and only mentioned the Telvanni areas,and said it was pretty much mostly populated by Ashlanders..Sadly,he dismissed any of the cities,like Vivec,Balmora,Gnisis,Maar Gan,
    Pelegaid,and Caldera.
    Edited by Volkodav on January 26, 2016 12:11AM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get a jeweler crafting class?
    Jewellery crafting should be available for everyone, not restricted to one class.
    BigDanT wrote: »
    I was reading the teaser information on The Thieves Guild release. Please tell me your giving the Thieves Guild skill line more meat that just passives? I hope it is just a grammatical error. The statement in the release was that it was receiving a passive skill line. This concerns me quite a bit. Fighters Guild has actives and passives, Undaunted has actives and passives. The Ledgermain World Skills are thieving passive skills.

There are still a whole list of potions that are going unused in alchemy.
    Lots of possible active abilities like speed boosts, shadow escape (leave combat), the good ole "planting" items in peoples pockets, not to mention things like forgery, (to increase the value of items). How about a trap active skill. Fighters guild was giving a trap skill not sure why.

I am very wound up about this because I have waited for 2 years to see the release of Thieves guild and Assassins guild.
    @BigDanT It is highly likely that it will only be passives, as they will not want to lock balance-altering abilities behind a paywall.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did say in eso live , thieves guild passives.
    Options
  • BigDanT
    BigDanT
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @BigDanT It is highly likely that it will only be passives, as they will not want to lock balance-altering abilities behind a paywall.

There has to be a balance first before you can effect it. Stealth right now is almost totally negated by the mages guild detect skill and the detect potion. Balance is totally ruined by the sorcerer's Zerging in PvP so hand to hand fighters can't get in close, but it seems like everyone is fine with that concept of fairness.

Name one skill outside of the Nightblade's skill set that actually assists the stealth style of game play? The Vampire skill comes with the cost of extra weakness to fire something mages love to use and vampire is useless with a stamina build. Ledgermain reduces the cost of moving in shadows that's it.

How many mages guild skills benefit the magicka style player?
    How many undaunted guild skills benefit the magicka style player?
    How many fighter's guild skills benefit the stamina style player?
    How many undaunted guild skills benefit the stamina style player?
    How many Vampire skills benefit the magicka style player?
    How many Werewolf skills benefit the stamina style player?

The last chances for the stealth style players to get any balance in the game is Thieves Guild and Assassins Guild.
    What other releases will have anything to do with stealth? That is why I am being so vocal right now. I see it as the last chance for stealth to mean anything in game combat.

I can be maxed out in my stealth radius using my sniper shot with my bow. The target I am shooting at can be the only visible target and as soon as I one shot him the rest of the mob will come out from behind a rock even though I ducked back into shadow right after the shot. If you use shadow cloak you have to completely disengage the mob and run way out of their agro zone to re-enter shadows to attempt to repeat your action. Does any other style of combat have to go to those extremes to do their max ability damage?

Put assassin style nightblade against a sorcerer, a Templar, or a dragonknight TOE to TOE. The nightblade will lose every time. Assassin style Nightblades have to be able to use the element of surprise to be successful. I know this because I have been playing this style of build for two years waiting for the release of The Thieves Guild and The Dark Brotherhood hoping that the style I love so much would be made viable.
    Edited by BigDanT on January 26, 2016 3:16AM
    Options
  • BigDanT
    BigDanT
    ✭✭
    I found a copy of an old question that I never got an answer to over a year ago that relates to what is happening now. This is from December 5th of 2014. As you can see the problem from a year ago is still the problem today. You can't re-enter shadows even though you have skills that are worded as such to allow you to do so. Do the developers just hate stealth combat players? There are skills already greatly negating the skill in the first place with detect and detect potion.

I asked these questions on the Justice thread but did not get an answer. For those of us who love playing thieves I feel they are very important questions. I am never home on time for the live show and I have been looking for answers for these questions for awhile now.

Will Nightblades ever be able to go from their Invisibility Skill to the <CTRL> crouch without becoming seen after the skill wears off if the yardage rule is met for not being detected?

I don't ever want to be a Vampire so to me the vampirism skills are a moot point even if they lend to being hidden. I want to be a thief not a vampire.

On the passive skills of the NIghtblades, The Catalyst skill is supposed to offer a greater percentage of effect with potions. Also, with the passive skills of the Argonians, The Amphibious skill is supposed to offer a greater percentage of effect with potions. Currently I have an Agronian Nightblade that should be getting close to +40% of potion effectiveness and still does not. Example the invisibility potion still only lasts for 3 seconds when it should be lasting close to 5 seconds by what the skills state. Is this ever going to be changed to what the language of the skills state? If not, are these two skills going to be replaced with skills that will actually matter to someone attempting to play a thief type character?

I've watched what is going to be released in the justice system and if later on player characters are going to be able to attack people who are committing crimes along with townspeople and guards. The foreseeable future for thieves is going to be a Very difficult one so how bout throwing us thieves a couple bones if we are going to be hunted by every other person in the game?

Edited by BigDanT on December 5, 2014 6:40PM
    Options
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Gina, I know you posted in a topic recently stating that there aren't any plans to add capes or cloaks to the game (/brokenheart). Is there a possibility that they still might be, some day?
    Edited by Garethjolnir on January 26, 2016 5:38AM
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    When are we going to get armor dyes for glass heavy armor that produce the actual color advertised like other armor styles already do? Or will we never get red dyes or black dyes and just have to be happy with pinks and gray?

Also is the inactivity timer upon login ever going to get fixed? After every patch we are forced to wait for the patch to install but when you do wait, the game kicks you off for inactivity. It's sad when the game gets impatient on itself and kicks you off while you wait for the load screens....

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
    Edited by Djeriko on January 26, 2016 12:21PM
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • Greath
    Greath
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    What is the rarest item in game at the moment?

I saw an ancient orc BOOK in a guild trader for 2 million
    Options
  • Thugnifcent
    Thugnifcent
    Soul Shriven
    1.When will players be able to challenge each other to duels? I would like to be able to challenege my friend from the same alliance and test out my skills.
    2.Also what will happen with the dragonknights? They are extremely inferior to all other classes right now. Need to do something asap about this because its extremely hard to level up characters and those who already have a vr 16 dragonknight dont want to go through the grind all over again. Also dragonknights are pretty fun to play..but weak against nightblades who stealth their life away and sorcs who shield stack AND can teleport and stun. The dragonknights survivability is horrible. Also most of the class skills are magicka, at least the good ones. Need more stamina.
    Options
  • Thugnifcent
    Thugnifcent
    Soul Shriven
    1.When will we have pvp zones that arent cyrodil?An area you can just go to on your horse. An area that can be accessed by all alliances and people can just fight if they want. Or it can be something where alliance doesnt matter. Like a free for all but you can be in groups with people from your alliance to avoid friendly fire.
    2. Events that give rewards. An event that lasts a week or something and doesnt require crowns but just work to gain good rewards.
    3. One last thing, duels. It would be great if we had pvp arenas. Where we can have 2v2 matches or 3v3 matches. Just wondering if these are all things that might be put into the game later on or if at least they are being thought about.
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was always interested in the Undaunted sets that were originally available from pledge keys, but I've always felt they were hindered by the odd choice to make their weight inconsistent with their abilities. Is there any chance we could see those sets return with a readjusted weight to correctly correspond to their abilities I/E: Light for Magicka, Medium for Stamina, Heavy for Health/Defense?
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we ever get animals back in Cyrodiil? Since I believe it was established that they aren't the cause of the lag/latency issues... Meh murshun :p
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to ever make a system to replace traits on weapons or armor, similar to replacing an enchantment on a weapon or armor.

It's getting 'spensive remaking whole set cause traits get "fixed"... here's looking at you Nirn ;)

P.S I'm broke now cause reasons... :(
    Edited by nimander99 on January 26, 2016 10:37PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    Really want to emphasize this, can you start adding and updating achievements for more titles? I see to many achievement names that would make awesome titles too.
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a bug awhile back that would not allow the 5 piece Torug's Pact effect to increase Master Weapons enchantments by 30%, but was fixed with the Imperial City Update.... My question is, does Torug's Pact increase the Maelstrom Arena weapons enchantments? If not, is it a bug or is that intended?
    Edited by Nighn_9 on January 27, 2016 3:10AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

bugged, no ETA on fix :smiley:
    Options
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was stolen.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »

It was stolen.

Khajiit is innocent!! :) Khajiit stole nothing!!
    Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you guys be revisiting the racial passives system again? Some races, such as Argonians, are still really weak.

If you read anything about racial passives, you would know that Argonians are the laughing stock of Tamriel.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you please clarify your position on the recently banned add-on Group Damage and whether your decision is final or still in flux.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Thelevyeffect
    Is there any future plan to add to your riding house abilities? I would like to swing my sword for example like Witcher 3 and hit people.
    -Michael
    Options
  • jojoex21
    jojoex21
    will you ever fix the werewolf berserker morph to change the wolf black and red as intended.
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will you raise the champion cap in next major update, and how much? Are you adjusting the xp needed for gaining a champion point every season?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you planning on making vr14 sets the same stat value as the vr16 sets, so we actually can swap and make unique builds without loosing stats? Masters weapons, worm cult, ophidian, etc
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will you raise the champion cap in next major update, and how much? Are you adjusting the xp needed for gaining a champion point every season?
    They said they won't raise CP cap in TG DLC.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.