Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• bountyspiter
    bountyspiter
    ✭✭✭
    As you all vets out there know by now, the time it takes to complete all researches in a certain proffession is about 9 months? Maybe more. So are there any plans to reward in any way the people that had the patience to complete all research? Maybe give them a new ability about crafting?
    Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    Customisation is coming, but will there be new hairstyles? :)
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Customisation is coming, but will there be new hairstyles? :)

well barbershop should include many new hairstyles, so I hope that my redhead high elf woman is going to get a pretty hot long hairstyle :)
    Options
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    I know it possibly could be a spoiler if even was considered to be in ESO. But will Vampire lord Harkon appear in western skyrim in ESO or possibly other vampires from the older games, thanks.
    Options
  • Areso1
    Areso1
    Think it's possible to make healing ward only put on your character instead of the person with lowest health
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Areso1 wrote: »
    Think it's possible to make healing ward only put on your character instead of the person with lowest health

But that's the magic of it! It gives a reason to use the other morph instead.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the questions I asked in the post below...
    Nahz wrote: »
    When can we expect a fix for the bug which is preventing the sorcerer pets from going into stealth? This bug continues to be a problem even though it was reported weeks before the Imperial City update. This bug makes players, who are already struggling to use pets effectively, more of a liability to their nearby allies as the pets can give away your position. I sincerely enjoy using the pets when soloing in PVP, and I would really like to develop ways to meaningfully incorporate them into my build when playing with a group; but this bug prevents me from doing that.

In addition, when can we expect the sorcerer pets to benefit from champion points? This is a topic which I've brought up in a previous post in the Ask Us Anything! thread.

With the CP system, enemy players will continue to gain resistance to the primary attacks from my pets (the twilight's lighting bolt, and the scamp's explosion), yet my pets cannot grow to challenge those stat increases. This issue also affects PVE, as my group members will continue to increase their damage as they build CP, but my pets will only benefit from the tiny amount of magicka I gain from 1/3rd of the CP I've acquired. If pets cannot benefit from the CP system due to technical limitations, when can we expect to see them buffed?

As a side note, I have a suggestion regarding the Daedric Prey morph of Daedric Curse. What are your thoughts on increasing the range of the curse explosion for this morph, and the damage the explosion deals to surrounding enemies? Because the pets themselves do not have much AOE utility, increasing the range and damage of the explosion would make pet builds slightly more effective against groups of enemies.

... Are there any plans to improve the mobile version of the official forums? I would really like to use it, but I find myself switching to the desktop version because the mobile version is missing a few key features.

For example, the mobile version does not have a symbol next to a thread title when a ZOS employee comments in that thread. Also, attempting to use the spoiler shortcut when typing out a post causes my phone's internet browser to crash.

In addition, I would like to see the option to view and hide people's signatures.
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus - Can we have an official (pinned) thread for small quality of life improvement suggestions? Basically little things that wouldn't require too much work but make our lives easier and ultimately make players happy.
    Yes! We’d be happy to do this. Expect us to set up this thread next week.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober Have I missed the QoL suggestions thread, or have you not set it up yet? Thanks!
    Edited by Enodoc on January 24, 2016 2:09PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • BashMegaMoth
    BashMegaMoth
    ✭✭
    I have a question involving emotes.

There are many emotes that can be performed by the player but there still seem to be many missing. The NPC's use many more emotes than players can. I don't have any knowledge of programming, modelling or anything of the sort, so I don't know how much work goes into it... But as I see it, the emotes already exist, they just need to have a command linked to them and need to be enabled for players to use it.

If I am correct, is it possible that in the future all emotes, or a large portion of them, used by NPC's will be able to be used by players as well? I would find it awesome, since I engage in Roleplay often. It would add a lot to the immersion!

"Every insult and every slight must be repayed in kind.''
    Options
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, would the implementation of housing perhaps extend the crafting system for furniture and/or house building materials?
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
    Options
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Will some of harder achievements like Emperor be made easier for those that cant play all day everyday
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you add a new thread "AuA Answers!" and pin it up!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why some writs require leather but there no writ surveys that has herds of deer or pack of wolves?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Queen Maraya's chair not a throne, and significantly smaller than that of King Emeric's, and all other throne rooms in Tamriel?
    Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on January 24, 2016 9:46PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you add a new thread "AuA Answers!" and pin it up!

Thank you. I just posted the question.

Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

Options
  • grnmtnboy74
    grnmtnboy74
    Soul Shriven
    What is the deal with motifs? I left to play Fallout 4 for a several months, came back, started a new character and at level 17 (opening every crate, container, drawer, desk, and urn) I still have not found a single motif of any level. What is the point in having a great crafting system and not being able to use 90% of it? On my V8 character I was able to find at least some of the lower level ones.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @grnmtnboy74: Which Motifs are you looking for in particular? The blue Motifs are usually available in guild stores for 200 gold or thereabouts (NA PC server) if the RNG is hating you. Barbaric and Primal are generally only found in the Cadwell's Silver zones, Daedric and Ancient Elf are in the Gold zones. Dwemer pages can be found in Dwemer ruins--check all the urns and pots. Xivkyn pages are found in trophy chests in Imperial City. Mercenary pages drop from the Undaunted key chests, Akaviri can be purchased in Cyrodiil with (vast amounts of) AP. Ancient Orc pages drop rarely in the Wrothgar public dungeons Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, and ONLY there.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the upcoming nameplates, have pet nameplates been considered alongside the ones coming for characters?
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
    Options
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance we will see the Aurorans again? Maybe the Falmer too?
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
    Options
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Any chance the alliance war armors that came out with IC could become a crafting style? I don't see anybody wearing them anymore, and that's a shame since they're really awesome armors. You could even do something cool with it like make it so you can only craft the armor style from your faction.
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    is there any chance we can get the vash rakh trinimac crafting style?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compiled the AuA transcripts http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/242998/eso-live-ask-us-anything-the-answers

Way too many pages to find them lol

Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are players that play as vampires and werewolves not recognized in the game for being different, by pretty much anyone? And how is it possible for a vampire to blend in to society with ash-pale skin? Are there any plans to add story content that revolves around players be supernatural?

Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are players that play as vampires and werewolves not recognized in the game for being different, by pretty much anyone? And how is it possible for a vampire to blend in to society with ash-pale skin? Are there any plans to add story content that revolves around players be supernatural?

It would be nice more content on vampires, there are a lot vampire and werewolf RP guilds which can be interesting.
    Options
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Any ZOS answers in this topic? There are only questions... Where are answers? :)
    Options
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans for an AOE taunt for tanks?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd run through this thread and find all of my previous questions (and a couple of others that I'm interested in) that I'm pretty sure haven't been answered yet :) (The questions, where they are not directly obvious, are in bold)
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Lore Questions:
    Aldmera wrote: »
    With the inclusion of Experience Boost Potions in the Crown Store being mentioned, as well as the ESO Plus Experience Boost that is a bonus for being a subscriber, I just wanted to ask where/when I will be able to select the Experience Disable option?
    Just wanted to throw in my agreement/support for disabling the experience boost. I'd like to subscribe to ESO Plus, but the XP boost is one of the main reasons I may not, considering how much I over-level the 1-50 content already.

[The question: Will we ever see an option to disable the ESO Plus XP boost, or otherwise slow down XP gain?]
    Gidorick wrote: »
    <Can you address the discrepancy over the Blacklight/Velothi Mountains/Skuldafn area on the ESO in-game map when compared to the TES Anthology map?>
    @Gidorick: I paraphrased your question for my quote. I hope you don't mind :)

To ZOS, as an extension/alternative to Gidorick's question: Are you planning to update the in-game map so that it more appropriately represents the shape of the landforms in the Eastmarch/Velothi area? It doesn't match the online map, which has already has this problem fixed.
    Something else to note is that their own maps don't match each other. They mostly "fixed" the online map with regards to where Blacklight should be, but never followed through with it for the in-game map.
    ON-map-Regions_%28labelled%29.jpg
    ON-map-Tamriel_02.jpg

To fix the in-game map, all they really need to do is redraw the area of Eastmarch and move things around a bit so they still fit. (Those "things" being Bleakrock, Solstheim and the Velothi and Vvardenfell coastlines.)

Maintaining most of the shapes of the existing in-game map, here is what I think it should look like with the correct coastline:
    User-Enodoc-ESO_Eastmarch_and_Velothi.jpg
    Edit: @Ghrimn 's changes to my map are more accurate:
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    MIMdCbX.jpg

[The question: Are you planning to update the in-game map so that it more appropriately represents the shape of the landforms in the Eastmarch/Velothi area? It doesn't match the online map, which has already has this problem fixed.]
    Eyevea and the Earth Forge both have wayshrines. Why is it not possible to use the wayshrine system to fast travel into them (once their associated storylines are complete)? Is this something we may see in the future?

Edit: While we're on wayshrines...
    Would you consider adding a wayshrine access point to the inside of the Harborage? It's currently possible to get to the Harborage via wayshrine, but not to get out again, which seems like a strange setup. Having a wayshrine in the Harborage would alleviate the cost (of paid recall) or time (of walking to the city) required to get back to your questing zone once a Main Quest chapter is complete.

Evermore currently has two wayshrines, the northern one of which is completely useless. The eastern one is better placed for everything in the city, while the northern one is the release point if you die in Silaseli or Murcien's Hamlet, meaning you have to fight through Northglen or swim the Bjoulsae to get back to where you were. Would you consider moving the northern Evermore Wayshrine to the road between Blackheart Haven and Murcien's Hamlet? This new "Murcien's Hamlet Wayshrine" would be in prime location for groups looking to run the Blackheart dungeon, as well as being a more useful spawn point for anyone who dies in Murcien's Hamlet.
    Would you consider getting @ZOS_JoBurba on for a future Life at ZOS segment? It would be interesting to see what the "Director of Live Services" gets up to every day :)
    There are two tiers of delves which haven't yet undergone expansion as part of the "Larger Delves" initiative which began in Update 3. Are expansions still on the cards for the 6 small delves in Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Deshaan, Shadowfen, Grahtwood and Greenshade?
    altemriel wrote: »
    I mean I craft a potom, which adds +5000 health, +5000 stam, +5000 magicka and I would like to have it in my inventory named differently than the others (just +5000 health), not both the same "....of health".
    The funny thing is that names for these exist already in the data. Health/Magicka/Stamina tri-pots are called "__ of Rejuvenation", Magicka/Spell Power/Spell Crit tri-pots are called "__ of Spell Weaving", and Stamina/Weapon Power/Weapon Crit tri-pots are called "__ of Strength". So perhaps a question for ZOS would be:

When will we see our crafted potions with multiple effects using the different potion names that exist in the data files? This would help quickly identify a true Health/Magicka/Stamina tri-pot without having to look through numerous "Potions of Health" to find the right version. Also, may we see crafted potions becoming green items (like the reagents) to easily distinguish them from dropped/bought potions?
    How long would it take to level up from 1-50 off only the XP earned by killing innocents? (Justice-Neutral NPCs)

Why do soul gems not scale like all other consumables when you're battle-levelled?

Follow-on questions from previous answers:
    Enodoc - Would you consider adding a "graveyard" wayshrine like in the PvE zones' delves (respawn only) to the Cyrodiil delves? Currently if you get killed by an enemy you are sent back to the border gate if you have no soul gems. (This would only apply to PvE deaths within the respective delve; PvP deaths would give you the option of respawning at a Keep as usual.)
    We have thought about putting respawn wayshrines in the Cyrodiil delves, however this eliminated one of the more exciting portions of going into a cave and fighting the enemy, forcing them to respawn elsewhere.
    This answer mentions "going into a cave and fighting the enemy, forcing them to respawn elsewhere", but the question is solely about dying a PvE death in a Cyrodiil delve, so doesn't involve killing other players. If someone is killed by the delve boss, they are sent back to the Cyrodiil border gate, and they'll have to go all the way back to the delve, fight all the mobs that have respawned, and then fight the boss again. It's the long journey from the border gate to the delve that's so tedious; at least if you died to a player you could respawn at a keep that was nearer the delve you died in.

Would it be possible to add the Campaign name to anything which involves being in Cyrodiil? For example, on the Group and Guild rosters, the Friends list, and the loading screens for Cyrodiil and its delves (and Imperial City, Sewers and Districts when they arrive). – Enodoc
    This is a good suggestion. It’s possible that we could add this in a future update. We’ll discuss it.
    How's that discussion going? This would be a really useful QoL feature.

Would you consider adding map and compass icons for the Imperial Milegates and Bridges in Cyrodiil? [...] – Enodoc
    We have considered adding map icons for those key structures and locations like the Bridges and Milegates however we currently are butting up against some limitations on the amount of map pins allowed in a zone—Cyrodiil has an abundance. If we can get around those limitations, it’s possible.
    Any progress on getting around those icon limitations?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Dream96
    Dream96
    ✭✭
    When the barber shop will be released, have you considered adding new hairstyles maybe on the Crown Store?
    Arcane Master
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All dyes in crownstore maybe in packages of 5-10 dyes.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 25, 2016 2:10PM
    Options
  •  joshylonstoky
    What is the deal with motifs? I left to play Fallout 4 for a several months, came back, started a new character and at level 17 (opening every crate, container, drawer, desk, and urn) I still have not found a single motif of any level. What is the point in having a great crafting system and not being able to use 90% of it? On my V8 character I was able to find at least some of the lower level ones.

I think you just have bad luck cuz I find a lot of them
    Options
This discussion has been closed.