Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Client has installed a post 1.5 Update patch and.. (Client invalid or out-dated)

• mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to reinstall my client anyway as I have so many issues its been on here since beta, but maybe this wasn't the right moment to do it.
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on November 9, 2014 11:51AM
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    Mishanya wrote: »
    DONT HIT THE UNINSTALL !!!! OUCH

Why people even do this? It seems this is not a big deal just to wait a little for ZOS to release hot fix patch.
    Or this is now a really huge problem?

Mhmm it is...you have new patched client and the server has older versions ^^ The client has downloadet the upcoming patch.

I think, the best solution is to update the server to 1.5.3

Best solution just to release hot fix now for downgrade client back to 1.5.2 and update both on regular maintanence, otherwise we need to wait several hours for server to be updated
    Wasting time is an important part of life
    Options
  • ludusb16_ESO
    ludusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    reinstall error: Error 303 PatchError_UnzipFail. Seems an incomplete patch.
    Options
  • prophetofrageb16_ESO
    prophetofrageb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As i assume they will never "downgrade" a client version but just correct any issues in a next (higher) patch there is not much we can do from Client side but wait since their server + patch level are aligned again. For me i decided to always put Auto Update to NEVER and only update when requested by the game. So next time someone is not paying attention and puts up the wrong patch level i (my launcher) simply ignores it.
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

Why people even do this? It seems this is not a big deal just to wait a little for ZOS to release hot fix patch.

Mhmm it is...you have new patched client and the server has older versions ^^ The client has downloadet the upcoming patch.

Best solution just to release hot fix now for downgrade client back to 1.5.2 and update both on regular maintanence, otherwise we need to wait several hours for server to be updated

Mhmm this will take time (and the'll have to search the error first), 1.5.3 is ready for clients - we are all able to download it.
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Sam old same old, is there any game company out there that can actually do this stuff right?

I raise you 50 dollars and put EA's DICE handling of BF4 into the mix.

Incompetence with a capital I. At least Zenimax respond to issues within the same month.

You can't put EA in any mix - they are so bad nothing compares with them!!!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Sam old same old, is there any game company out there that can actually do this stuff right?

I raise you 50 dollars and put EA's DICE handling of BF4 into the mix.

Incompetence with a capital I. At least Zenimax respond to issues within the same month.

You can't put EA in any mix - they are so bad nothing compares with them!!!

Amen to that.
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    As i assume they will never "downgrade" a client version but just correct any issues in a next (higher) patch there is not much we can do from Client side but wait since their server + patch level are aligned again. For me i decided to always put Auto Update to NEVER and only update when requested by the game. So next time someone is not paying attention and puts up the wrong patch level i (my launcher) simply ignores it.

I didn't find where this option is, I just always will start game directly without launcher, and after maintenances I'll visit forum at first.

Any advices with any more precautions?
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭

Mhmm this will take time (and the'll have to search the error first), 1.5.3 is ready for clients - we are all able to download it.

We already dowloaded it. Thats why we are here ;_;
    Options
  • Sarulas
    Sarulas
    Soul Shriven
    Same error here also
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

We already dowloaded it. Thats why we are here ;_;

Yeah, and thats why we are writing here...but it will take time to fix that error to roll back to 1.5.2 - more Time then a Serverupdate.

Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • Azaelia
    Azaelia
    Repair doesn't work.. reinstall doesn't work... so don't do either really..

Especially the reinstall option ;) it will only make you want to kill already dead things..
    Options
  • Resonation
    Azaelia wrote: »
    Repair doesn't work.. reinstall doesn't work... so don't do either really..

Especially the reinstall option ;) it will only make you want to kill already dead things..

-_-
    Noone dies a virgin, life *** us all - Kurt Cobain

*** - Keepers of Cyrodiil
    EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use the patcher to launch the game, only when I know theres an update. Glad I dont use the patcher regularly now.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I never use the patcher to launch the game, only when I know theres an update. Glad I dont use the patcher regularly now.

I didn't know you could bypass it, up until now it's not been an issue.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Lucky one. Now I feel envy
    Options
  • Ariasel
    Ariasel
    ✭✭
    Problems like that have to be anounced very fast in the launcher news. So not everbody has to waste his time with repair etc. and get angry. I wasted 1 h of time until I found this in the forum :\
    Options
  • Amun
    Amun
    Soul Shriven
    justinbarrett ✭✭
    12:34PM
    so we still have no word of what is really happening, just he nonsense "we are looking into it" time buying BS. worst case the need to patch the servers...that can mean commenting out a lot of code, changing the build number whatever....I do not know what build environment they use or the size of the kernal any of that...I basically have no idea....I do know it should be done though :)
    and more importantly, they should show us some respect and actually make a staff post that explains what is going on and what they are doing....a little respect goes a long way....without that post they are showing that we are not important enough to inform. Or our little minds could not comprehend it...either way...it feels like I am not playing, and they are kicking my dog.

They should show some respect.
    It is us who pay hard cash for their work.

I'm curious if They plan to add some extra play time to Our subs. In fact we cant play couse of their mistake.
    Options
  • Nuojua
    Nuojua
    Same issue here... All started after that mini patch... :s
    Options
  • Aprodite
    Aprodite
    ✭✭
    Same here! Europe
    Rip Aprodite - Sorcerer AD-Eur (it was fun untill patch 1.6, I became a tank. They gave me this strong shield to protect me. It became stronger if I stacked magicka. I never asked for this and now you expect from me to relearn my sorcerer again and spent my hardworking money on a broken game.. what do you think? Never forget 5-29-2016!) What a mess!
    Options
  • prafaneb17_ESO
    prafaneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    hello everyone from Putin)))
    Options
  • Azaelia
    Azaelia
    are ppl actually in and playing using this unofficial fix???
    Options
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes it works perfect

Thnx @Minue and our awsome WW Guild
    Edited by Iduyenn on November 9, 2014 12:33PM
    Options
  • Greedie
    Greedie
    Soul Shriven
    Trolling is so last year..
    Options
  • Resonation
    if you have uninstalled the game this probly wont work..
    Noone dies a virgin, life *** us all - Kurt Cobain

*** - Keepers of Cyrodiil
    EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • prafaneb17_ESO
    prafaneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Everything works 100% is not a joke! At the moment I'm in the game)) run through the folder with the game not run the launcher!
    Options
  • elvalrerwb17_ESO
    elvalrerwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just tested and it works. Be sure to make a backup of your game folder, just in case.
    Options
  • bollin
    bollin
    Does someone has a backup of game_mac? I can access my backup tomorrow again.
    Options
  • ludusb16_ESO
    ludusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Lol just wave goodbye to your account using an unofficial patch :-)
    Options
  • Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    Lol just wave goodbye to your account using an unofficial patch :-)

It's not a patch. Anyone with the ability to restore from a system back up can do this. Look at it as pressing Ctrl+Z.
    Edited by Lukeh Shadyvale on November 9, 2014 12:46PM
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
    Options