Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Client has installed a post 1.5 Update patch and.. (Client invalid or out-dated)

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Workaround for those currently not yet afflicted:
    If you want to relaunch (or launch to begin with) the game, use the eso.exe directly and not the regular launcher. This is precisely why it did not affect me but my spouse, since I am launching the game with SweetFX enabled through another launcher that directly accesses the eso.exe itself.

Hope this will at least reach some of the possibly-inflicted.

I think this only works if you have not already encountered the bug as it would bypass the patching.

That suggests that the older client is what the server is looking for not our newer, patched version.

@Harleyquinceyeb17_ESO - what version client do you have using your work around?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • crevaini
    crevaini
    Same problem here.. EU server.. I this a EU server only issue or is the NA server also having the same issue?
    Options
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    PE_Bagatur wrote: »
    Well, 2 days of my subscription left. This time, for real I'll say goodbye.
    After not being able to get into keep for whole bloody minute, being Emperor, trying to save it, wandering around with 20 more fellow EP players and being pushed to purge myself 5-6 times to get my heal debug removed, bcs or hordes of archers - no, thanks, it gets too much.
    Where is fix for alchemy writ? Got it again and again.
    Not to speak my empress has war paint all over the body and armor and it does not go away, no matter what I do(reported it twice - before it fixes by relogging, now it doesnt).
    @PE_Bagatur‌
    Bagatur, i have never forgotten about you my friend, that made me purple food when you were still in my guild.

I cannot login either atm but will be sad to see you go.
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
    Options
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    Workaround for those currently not yet afflicted:
    If you want to relaunch (or launch to begin with) the game, use the eso.exe directly and not the regular launcher. This is precisely why it did not affect me but my spouse, since I am launching the game with SweetFX enabled through another launcher that directly accesses the eso.exe itself.

Hope this will at least reach some of the possibly-inflicted.

Doesn't matter. Did not work.
    Please state the path to the ESO.exe. Perhaps I did a mistake...

This, as I stated, only works for those who have not been inflicted :)
    Once you caught the disease (patch), you can't un-catch it. So let's see what the solution shall be. They could either have a downtime on a Sunday to quickly patch the server as well (tears galore if it's for more than an hour of downtime) or de-patch clients.. but I'm not sure if the patcher's design allows this.

The path to the eso.exe is
    ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/game/client/

For EU players that is, of course.

I'd say we gift ZOS a few cans of coffee for the poor sod that has, probably sleep-deprived, set this patch to publish. I don't want to be in his hide today, nope.
    EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
    Options
  • darmok2eb17_ESO
    darmok2eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say we gift ZOS a few cans of coffee for the poor sod that has, probably sleep-deprived, set this patch to publish. I don't want to be in his hide today, nope.
    ... Or we fire the trainee, who takes the responsibility for this sunday morning crash.
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I raised a CS ticket via the web site FWIW. Would suggest others waiting to play do the same and refer to this thread or forum so they don't waste too much time with their 'Good morrow fellow adventurer' nonsense.

A decent volume of tickets might encourage them to wake someone up in the US :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    <-- just another one dude with same problem.
    Options
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. And I was going to stay in all day. Now what should I do?
    I really hope Zeni fix this soon! :'(
    Options
  • Kaiyanwan
    Kaiyanwan
    ✭✭
    We are in the future. Unfortunately, the servers are still in the here and now.

This is the price you have to pay for time travelling!
    Options
  • Stickleback
    Stickleback
    ✭✭
    Same problem here, also tried the eso.exe file without any luck.
    EU server / Ebonheart Pact

Vavara - Templar Healer
    Stickleback - DK Tank
    Stickle'back - Sorc DPS
    Chops - NB DPS
    Options
  • darmok2eb17_ESO
    darmok2eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Client repairing...
    Options
  • Starwhite
    Starwhite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn´t help ...
    Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
    Options
  • Ilmarthethief
    Ilmarthethief
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Zenimax, where you got this lousy code monkeys from?
    Options
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, also tried the eso.exe file without any luck.

I am quoting myself now

Workaround for those currently ----> not yet afflicted <

This was what I stated in my original post and it seems that people just didn't read it thooughly. The "solution" I posted is, explicitly, meant only for those who have ->NOT<- patched their client yet.

I hope this clarifies it even more than it originally was :smiley:
    Edited by Harleyquincey on November 9, 2014 9:39AM
    EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
    Options
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda feel sorry for them, Sunday morning, having to come in with a massive hangover, breath like an ashtray, headache, and then they find out someone has broken the client overnight, bet they wish they has stayed in bed.
    Time to hit the Red Bull and Coffees...
    *Kiss the goat*
    Options
  • necrodarklingb16_ESO
    Same Problem Gameconsultant didnt help at all really hope Zos brings a fix for that
    Edited by necrodarklingb16_ESO on November 9, 2014 9:38AM
    Options
  • Kaiyanwan
    Kaiyanwan
    ✭✭
    Is there a way to donate more coffee for the Sunday morning shift at ZOS?

Options
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    Same here both myself and my girlfriend were playing fine this morning, both got crashed out and now can not connect. It keeps say wrong version and the repair just does nothing apart from re DL the the patch. Bloody stupid to release a patch on a Sunday and only the client side without updating the servers, if that's the case.
    Edited by T@rty on November 9, 2014 9:39AM
    Options
  • Ashurek20
    Ashurek20
    Soul Shriven
    Same here :(
    Options
  • craniumguy
    craniumguy
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here "Invalid Client" - EU server.

Options
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rule of thumb - a bit like Don't Drink and Drive:

Don't Party and Code.
    Options
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same!

GG!
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

Options
  • phineasf
    phineasf
    Soul Shriven
    What I find particularly disappointing is whoever released the patch did not, as a final check, verify a client still works, just went home with fingers crossed.
    Options
  • RoburRoy
    RoburRoy
    Soul Shriven
    I can understand the rush of error correction in the game .. But was it worth it to start repairs on the weekend ? Thank you , Zenimax, for a wonderful holiday...
    Options
  • jupiter126
    full reinstall fails too - PatchError_unzipfail \o/
    ... installer also broken : GG!
    Options
  • mdegarispreeb18_ESO
    Same problem here, can't login 'invalid and out-dated client'. I suspect this patch was released in error - as I can't seen any posted patch notes for 1.5.3.
    Edited by mdegarispreeb18_ESO on November 9, 2014 9:50AM
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • jupiter126
    I wish they switched coders with their billing system - didn't seem to be any issues on that side so far!
    Options
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    if is is a unscheduled release, those of us who are affected could stuffed until tuesday's server update :-(
    Options
  • RensDG
    RensDG
    ✭✭✭
    Here i am. Thought to watch some WoW website stuff. As i quit the game months ago but im still curious for the new expansion and it's looks.

In doubt if i should make the 10 year round trip... but nahhh, ill log into eso...
    Patch downloading, imediatly getting a repair.. And then i can't log in. Getting this same error.
    Ebonheart pact,
    Grizon, Redguard Dragonknight.
    Grizzi, Dunmer Dragonknight
    Gri'jo, Khajiit Nightblade
    Gison, Dunmer Sorcerer

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *** die for his"-
    -George Patton
    Options