Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Client has installed a post 1.5 Update patch and.. (Client invalid or out-dated)

• makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here..... after many tries of fixing this (following steps from customer support) I ended up reinstalling the game... Good job downloading 5+ GB of files now :/
    Options
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    I welcome myself to this idiotcraty and bug madness.
    Couldn't log-on via the game.exe anyway.
    Endless figthing against errors and bugs for 6-7 month now, hurt my patience)

Time to find a new game...
    Options
  • Rhakar
    Rhakar
    ✭✭
    phineasf wrote: »
    the client patch was released properly, but the server team have ‘forgotten’ to update their end

tripleffacepalm.jpg
    Edited by Rhakar on November 9, 2014 10:34AM
    War Inc. Leader - EP/EU Italian PvP Guild
    Guild recruit - Youtube Channel
    Options
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    Same here i turn the laucher on and start doing an update, now at login it says i dont have the latest game version.. no play but 6 month payed
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
    Options
  • argail88
    argail88
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Zen, now i have time to search other MMO
    Options
  • Stickleback
    Stickleback
    ✭✭
    Same problem here, also tried the eso.exe file without any luck.

I am quoting myself now

Workaround for those currently ----> not yet afflicted <

This was what I stated in my original post and it seems that people just didn't read it thooughly. The "solution" I posted is, explicitly, meant only for those who have ->NOT<- patched their client yet.

I hope this clarifies it even more than it originally was :smiley:

Thanks Harley, I hit the reply button when the topic was still on the first page and my partner told me about your eso.exe file workaround which I then tried (and why my reply was delayed a bit).
    I never actually read your post until after I posted my reply, so sorry if I sounded dense and you had to quote yourself. I hope it makes it clearer for other people, although I expect that when people visit the "Customer Support" forums, it's already too late.
    EU server / Ebonheart Pact

Vavara - Templar Healer
    Stickleback - DK Tank
    Stickle'back - Sorc DPS
    Chops - NB DPS
    Options
  • h.vantilburg1b16_ESO
    Same problem,no ESO today.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I booted up the client this morning to be informed it was installing a mini patch (maybe the exp fix for quests?), patch seems to install fine. Clicking "Play" is fine but at the point of Logon (Username and enter password) I encounter the following error message:

You've attempted to use an invalid or out-dated client. Please exit and update the client using the patcher.

Client:
    eso.live.1.5.3.1080586

ps You should really consider allowing users to copy and paste error messages.

What the Zenimax topp brass REALLY should do, is to order an immediate shutdown of the game, refund all subs, dissolve the team, and then relaunch the game (preferrably under a New name) when they've hired a competent team to mainain it...
    Options
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    this thread was started over an hour ago now and still no ZOS reply, bloody clapping monkey toys could do a better job
    It's Sunday. They will look into this when they get to work next week.
    Options
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    Sheridan wrote: »
    this thread was started over an hour ago now and still no ZOS reply, bloody clapping monkey toys could do a better job
    It's Sunday. They will look into this when they get to work next week.

No problem, I take the extra day of free play in exchange ;)
    Options
  • Aketium
    Aketium
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. Please give us an answer as soon as possible.
    Options
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    All send a ticket please on support
    Options
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I give up! Back to bed it is. A Sunday without eso is just too sad.
    Options
  • Yirarax
    Yirarax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which person put this patch on the download server....
    Options
  • turgon1987
    turgon1987
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here, fortunately I could let my Spanish guild know about this issue right on time using wsp, at the moment just 1 is awake and playing using the .exe

She is alone farming mats -.-
    Options
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Xupacabra wrote: »

already did and waiting for them to call back now .... (usually phone is the only way to get any sort of response, but if they do call back, it's helpful)
    Options
  • Mgghool
    Mgghool
    ✭✭✭
    Not working either. That is really annoying. And even more annoying is fact that there is no official statement for the problem. I demand blood and sacrifice!
    Options
  • Chingis
    Chingis
    I'm joining the list if whiners (justified whiners, in this case) once more. It's Sunday morning, FFS, prime, prime playing time for many and no chance of doing so. I've contacted CS, I'd advise everyone to do the same. May not make any difference, but at least they'll not be able to say no-one complained...
    Options
  • Junglelist
    Junglelist
    Soul Shriven
    Xupacabra wrote: »

already did and waiting for them to call back now .... (usually phone is the only way to get any sort of response, but if they do call back, it's helpful)

Dein Ticket wurde erstellt!

Danke für Ihre Anfrage. Ihre Referenz-Code ist: 141109-001292.
    Options
  • Mgghool
    Mgghool
    ✭✭✭
    I did my part. I send an angry ticket. But the rage perstists. :(
    Options
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    already post it on facebook eso page, maybe there they look at it
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phineasf wrote: »
    What I find particularly disappointing is whoever released the patch did not, as a final check, verify a client still works, just went home with fingers crossed.

Probably already got told he was laid off, and decided to take his revenge by breaking the game... Like the laid-off cafeteria clerk who got his comeuppance at the boss by peeing in the coffee machine.
    Options
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minions of Sheogorath have violated my portal to enter the realm of Tamriel.

I pray to the Divines that they may clear these minions of madness and that my portal may be renewed swiftly.
    Edited by KriHavok on November 9, 2014 10:52AM
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They laid off most of their CS Department a month or so ago, remember
    Options
  • nachomiralles
    nachomiralles
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. EU server. I'm sad. :'(
    Options
  • ZOS_MichaelServotte
    ZOS_MichaelServotte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reports regarding this issue. Our team is looking into the problem and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on November 9, 2014 11:00AM
    Michaël Servotte
    Community Manager (FR) - Gestionnaire de communauté francophone - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • morones1972
    morones1972
    ✭✭
    There's someone awake at zenimax ?
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS in case you're looking for a good excuse. 8tx1fb99ztzv.jpg
    Options
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reports regarding this issue. Are team is looking into the problem and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Yay!

*Kiss the goat*
    Options
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    SoupDragon wrote: »
    I give up! Back to bed it is. A Sunday without eso is just too sad.

Here, take a cat gif to match the emotions
    cat3.gif?w=360&h=270
    EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
    Options