Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Client has installed a post 1.5 Update patch and.. (Client invalid or out-dated)

• Crogster
    Crogster
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Sam old same old, is there any game company out there that can actually do this stuff right?

I raise you 50 dollars and put EA's DICE handling of BF4 into the mix.

Incompetence with a capital I. At least Zenimax respond to issues within the same month.

I agree.

Lets talk about Diablo, Simcity and all other games that broke on launch and made many upset, some still not fixed now :P . People cry as soon as this game goes down for a couple hours. Yes we are in advance technology but things go wrong. When they do maybe do some housework you should have done since the last patch, maybe go outside and speak to people ... YES REAL PEOPLE!. maybe just maybe go on the forums and laugh @ all the people crying who dont know what to do this morning. :p

It will be fixed soon and we can all moan about the lag in Cyrodiil instead dw :P

Edited by Crogster on November 9, 2014 11:30AM
    Phoenix Templar
    V16 Sorc
    EDC - Guild Leader/ Founder(30/3/14) , SWAT, DEI Alliance
    Options
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    patch manifest error after update. trying to reinstall as repair doesn't work.
    Options
  • Buddheia
    Buddheia
    ✭✭✭
    PE_Bagatur wrote: »
    Well, 2 days of my subscription left. This time, for real I'll say goodbye.
    After not being able to get into keep for whole bloody minute, being Emperor, trying to save it, wandering around with 20 more fellow EP players and being pushed to purge myself 5-6 times to get my heal debug removed, bcs or hordes of archers - no, thanks, it gets too much.
    Where is fix for alchemy writ? Got it again and again.
    Not to speak my empress has war paint all over the body and armor and it does not go away, no matter what I do(reported it twice - before it fixes by relogging, now it doesnt).

Can I have your stuff and money?
    Options
  • makro2
    makro2
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reports regarding this issue. Are team is looking into the problem and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Some thoughts thoughts:

When there is major problem that prevents game playing:
    1. It should be indicated clearly on elderscrollsonline.com main page and on forum main page.
    - This should happen always when expected downtime is 30 minutes or more
    - Indicates that problem solving is ongoing and there is no need to file bug reports
    - Probably limits number of threads concerning the problem (ZOS need to post answers to smaller number of threads)

2. Dowtime should be automatically compensated
    - Even scheduled maintenance should be compensated (1:1 compensation in this case)
    - When downtime is not scheduled the compensation should be more (for example 4h downtime is compensated by 1 day)

Edited by makro2 on November 9, 2014 11:31AM
    Options
  • Templeton2014
    Templeton2014
    Soul Shriven
    [/quote]

You don't need to download patches and install it. Just move all *.version files to another place, start launcher and don't install it, then close it and put *.version files back. After it game should work. I did this.[/quote]

I deleted those to fix the original manifest error, as per the sticky.

After doing that when I logged on, it said client was invalid/out of date.

Should I then be cancelling my current DL and closing it down, put the files back in?
    Options
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Personally I wouldn't touch the client until we are given the all clear. Otherwise you may end up with a client in such a state that the "fix" won't be applicable to you ( = full client re-install).
    Options
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I think this should cover it...
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
    Options
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    so we still have no word of what is really happening, just he nonsense "we are looking into it" time buying BS. worst case the need to patch the servers...that can mean commenting out a lot of code, changing the build number whatever....I do not know what build environment they use or the size of the kernal any of that...I basically have no idea....I do know it should be done though :)
    and more importantly, they should show us some respect and actually make a staff post that explains what is going on and what they are doing....a little respect goes a long way....without that post they are showing that we are not important enough to inform. Or our little minds could not comprehend it...either way...it feels like I am not playing, and they are kicking my dog.
    Options
  • Resonation

Personally I wouldn't touch the client until we are given the all clear. Otherwise you may end up with a client in such a state that the "fix" won't be applicable to you ( = full client re-install).

I reinstalled but it doesnt even wanne reinstall completly => Error 303 and stops downloading
    When I try eso.exe it says the same as before that I uninstalled it... Invalid or outdated client
    Noone dies a virgin, life *** us all - Kurt Cobain

*** - Keepers of Cyrodiil
    EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    do not reinstall.
    Options
  • LutienTinuvieI
    LutienTinuvieI
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reports regarding this issue. Our team is looking into the problem and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Pin this post so we don't have to scroll through pages of comments, please
    Options
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did people try just running eso.exe as they may well be a launcher issue? I forgot to do this before I hit reinstall . This error has been occurring randomly before this patch; some times restating the launcher would make the error go away but not in this case. I didn't try restarting my windows before reinstall. It would be good if there was more bandwidth available on the download as its only coming down at 6Mb/s
    Options
  • ludusb16_ESO
    ludusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    full client reinstall fails! Tried that before i noticed this thread.. After downloading 5 gb i got a patch error.
    Options
  • Resonation
    Did people try just running eso.exe as they may well be a launcher issue? I forgot to do this before I hit reinstall . This error has been occurring randomly before this patch; some times restating the launcher would make the error go away but not in this case. I didn't try restarting my windows before reinstall. It would be good if there was more bandwidth available on the download as its only coming down at 6Mb/s

Did your reinstall work? as in completed it?

EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭

You don't need to download patches and install it. Just move all *.version files to another place, start launcher and don't install it, then close it and put *.version files back. After it game should work. I did this.[/quote]

I deleted those to fix the original manifest error, as per the sticky.

After doing that when I logged on, it said client was invalid/out of date.

Should I then be cancelling my current DL and closing it down, put the files back in?
    [/quote]

I mean what you need to do in case of error 209. Current problem is more complicated, because now we have patched client and old server. Thats why server told you that you have wrong client.
    I expirienced 209 a month ago, and solution was like I said. Here is discussion on this matter:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79631/100-fixed-tested-zenimaxs-solution-to-patch-fix-gm-posted-error-209
    Wasting time is an important part of life
    Options
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DONT HIT THE UNINSTALL !!!! OUCH
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting the same issue, annoying yes

However ESO has been one of the most stable MMO's I have played. We seem to get things fixed and moving quickly compared to some MMO's. Still would be nice to see a comment here.

I am currently re-installing that looks like it's going to take a few hours and by the looks of things wont work
    Options
  • Michaeljdaveyb16_ESO
    Resonation wrote: »

Did your reinstall work? as in completed it?

A re-install wont work, it will reinstall but to the correct version as per the patcher.elderscrollsonline.com which is.. not the correct version.
    you will reinstall all 30 odd gig, and still be at the wrong version :trollface:

"A man is only as great as the beard that wears him" - Sai Sahan
    Options
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reports regarding this issue. Our team is looking into the problem and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Pin this post so we don't have to scroll through pages of comments, please

I've now added the Mod post to the first post.
    Options
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing for me is, that my launcher patched to 1.5.3 but the launcher of my husband didn't.
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭

Why people even do this? It seems this is not a big deal just to wait a little for ZOS to release hot fix patch.
    Or this is now a really huge problem?
    Wasting time is an important part of life
    Options
  • Resonation
    my download stops around 30% and gives me this

Error 303 PatchError_UnZipFail

Failed to open patch, please click repair for your game. If the
    issue persists please contact customer support

EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mishanya wrote: »

Why people even do this? It seems this is not a big deal just to wait a little for ZOS to release hot fix patch.

Mhmm it is...you have new patched client and the server has older versions ^^ The client has downloadet the upcoming patch.

I think, the best solution is to update the server to 1.5.3
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on November 9, 2014 11:46AM
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • Yirarax
    Yirarax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leijona wrote: »
    Funny thing for me is, that my launcher patched to 1.5.3 but the launcher of my husband didn't.

Than you have good luck, because you can copy the files and put it over your files.
    Options
  • Yirarax
    Yirarax
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are currently investigating an issue impacting the ability for players to log onto the European Megaserver. We will provide an update shortly.

Wir untersuchen derzeit ein eine Fehlermeldung, die zu Problemen beim Einloggen auf dem europäischen Megaserver führen kann. Wir werden in Kürze ein Update zur Verfügung stellen.

Nous enquêtons actuellement sur un problème empêchant les joueurs de se connecter au Mégaserveur européen. Nous vous tiendrons informés dès que possible.
    Options
  • dirtyheady
    dirtyheady
    Soul Shriven
    We are currently investigating an issue impacting the ability for players to log onto the European Megaserver. We will provide an update shortly.
    Options
  • ludusb16_ESO
    ludusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    That's because people first blame their own computer. like i did... quite noble but terribly wrong lol.
    Options
  • Resonation
    Mishanya wrote: »

wait a little? *sigh*

EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Templeton2014
    Templeton2014
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Mishanya.

Im at the current problem stage then.

Manifest errors I have resolved before with little issue
    Options
  • Adhal
    Adhal
    ✭✭✭
    You know, in hind sight, I'm really glad my launcher crashed before I left for work. Now I might be able to play today after work.
    Options