Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Would you like a cross-faction area?

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Wouldn't island of eyevea a good place?

Both the Mage's Guild and the Fighter's Guild with their neutral stance should have neutral territory where non-combat cross-faction interactions are possible. When we have the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, these guilds should as well. A Freeport Pirate Isle would be perfect.

With ships! Give me ships damn it!
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, this idea all comes down to the implementation...
    If it's PvP, I would not care for it at all... Beyond that...

If it's all Cooperation , it would be better then PvP but not much...

What I would like is an area where we could meet, talk, drink and so on... It would be nice to have some delves where we could group with members of the other factions.

It would also be nice to have quests where items need to be collected, the first faction to collect a number of the items wins the challenge and those of that faction that helped (by getting one or more of the items) would get credit.

But, as I said, it's all in the implementation.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would never share a drink with a member of the Dominion or at least I'd spit in it first. Just stop following worthless leaders already!
    Wololo.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Wouldn't island of eyevea a good place?

Both the Mage's Guild and the Fighter's Guild with their neutral stance should have neutral territory where non-combat cross-faction interactions are possible. When we have the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, these guilds should as well. A Freeport Pirate Isle would be perfect.

Hey I'm all for Eyevea being a neutral zone for all factions. I actually think that would be pretty cool. It would make perfect sense with the lore having it be a place ALL Mages are welcome to study. I don't think the Fighter's Guild has a comparable area though, does it?

But as phreatophile says, a "pirate isle" sort of place would just be wonderful once we have other fun content like Thieves Guild, which was what I was thinking about when I made the poll. We really just NEED a lawless, dangerous town to go be BAD in! LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Laz
    Laz
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that this was the plan for 50++ content. Though I'm no longer sure what that means exactly...
    Been around watchin'. Time to start talkin'. - Twitch: twitch.tv/lazisonline
    Prior host of TESO Elite game-play twitch streams
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this..

It would be awesome, I could have a ale with AOE Barbecue and we could trade stories... of course it might end up like this..

LINK

But we could eat and drink and have a good time too.. :smiley:

LOL I like how that chick gets in between them as if she could actually stop them from attacking each other
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laz wrote: »
    Pretty sure that this was the plan for 50++ content. Though I'm no longer sure what that means exactly...

Yeah it seems that may have been true at one time. No idea what they heck they are thinking of now though! While I'd like to see it available to all levels I'd be cool with it being a level 50 zone as long as you could also get your lowbies to it like you can all the other major city hubs.

• justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    only an adventure zone that is shared....imagin craglorn but all factions on the same map...killing each other for some ore or opposing faction fighting a WorldBoss and you come in and wipe them both out, while they are thinking "Oh crap!!!!!" or reciprocating those roles.... :) good times....
    sorta like cyrodiil, but a bit less based on pvp....and also not cyrodiil...because I just never liked cyrodiil myself.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Coldharbor SHOULD be cross faction... if for no other reason than I don't think Molag Bal really cares what faction you fight for. He just wants your SOUL!

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Main problem for cross faction areas would be trash talk, if you could get the [censored] on each side to actually behave, then it could have some benefits, but I doubt they will.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I could find it, but Paul Sage said something recently about cross faction grouping. Basically he confirmed that they are not opposed to it. I wish they would consolidate the number of VR zones instead of having one for each faction. I really hate how much of a ghost town they are, esp the higher level VR zones.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on November 9, 2014 5:51PM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like the faction barrier of PvE to be removed completely when VR gets removed and all zones open to all players TSW style. Want to level 10-20? There's three zone options for you. Go wild!

The first time you go to Cyrodiil you get to do some quests and at the end decide which faction you want to fight for. That choice is irreversible.
    Edited by seneferab16_ESO on November 9, 2014 6:09PM
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Imagine an island of skooma dens, taverns, houses of ill-repute and dangerous dark alleys. Full of people who will offer you gold to help them pull off shady deals. Here you can meet and mingle and exchange exotic black market goods with men and mer from literally all over the world. Tis a lawless and dangerous place where you can drink with your enemies from other factions and encourage them to turn traitor... where that Daggerfall Covenant hero can meet secretly with his Aldemeri Dominion sweetheart who works for Razum Dar... where everyone is out from under the eyes of their respective kingdoms. Would you want to visit such a place? Or would you avoid it like the plague?

Um, this needs to happen. Now.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be wrong but I think Wrothgar is going to be all factions, in the same zone, at the same time.

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the faction barrier of PvE to be removed completely when VR gets removed and all zones open to all players TSW style. Want to level 10-20? There's three zone options for you. Go wild!

The first time you go to Cyrodiil you get to do some quests and at the end decide which faction you want to fight for. That choice is irreversible.

There was also talk at the Guild Summit not of this exactly but once you reach the whole "Cadwell's Silver" bit of being able to choose where you go to do it, instead of being pigeonholed in a weird clockwise progression.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭
    I've wanted an "all-faction" zone for the longest time-- it's what I was hoping adventure zones were going to be!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main problem for cross faction areas would be trash talk, if you could get the [censored] on each side to actually behave, then it could have some benefits, but I doubt they will.

I actually don't think "trash talk" would be as much of a problem as you imagine. As long as it's not a PvP area you can't really provoke a fight which means any trash talk would be of the in character RP sort...which could be fun.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually don't think "trash talk" would be as much of a problem as you imagine. As long as it's not a PvP area you can't really provoke a fight which means any trash talk would be of the in character RP sort...which could be fun.

In Swtor we had a few area's were both factions could be, there were cases in the beginning of people on both factions trash talking at the other side. Quite badly.

Of course it died off, but because of that I won't underestimate how much some enjoy yelling obscenities at others.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine an island of skooma dens, taverns, houses of ill-repute and dangerous dark alleys. Full of people who will offer you gold to help them pull off shady deals. Here you can meet and mingle and exchange exotic black market goods with men and mer from literally all over the world. Tis a lawless and dangerous place where you can drink with your enemies from other factions and encourage them to turn traitor... where that Daggerfall Covenant hero can meet secretly with his Aldemeri Dominion sweetheart who works for Razum Dar... where everyone is out from under the eyes of their respective kingdoms. Would you want to visit such a place? Or would you avoid it like the plague?

Um, this needs to happen. Now.

I think it would be really fun. While I don't really want to see all the factions just go away and be accessible to each other I DO want to see a zone such as this open up for cross faction RP and general mayhem. Every world needs a seedy underbelly! :)

• AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry a bit off track...i don't know why some people still thinks that open world PvP as limited to PvP server type where everyone can freely bash and grief other players at will.

There's also a type of open world PvP where you simply challenge other players for a duel, and the fight completely just for the two of you, you know. ZOS can even think of adding group duel challenge system. It's all for the sake of adding PvP perspective between people of the same faction, without inviting griefer...since no one will be able to do duel without mutual consent and willingness to do it.
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    What I would like is an area where we could meet, talk, drink and so on... It would be nice to have some delves where we could group with members of the other factions.

City of Heroes had Pocket D, the cross-dimensional nightclub that was open to both factions (heroes and villains) although it was limited to each of the several servers - it wasn't cross-server.

Something like that would be nice. Something purely social, have a portal in each faction's capital (Mournhold, Elden Root, Wayrest) and maybe even in starter zones.

Personally I'd make it a no pets/no powers zone, so we don't have to deal with spammed heals and flappy things in our faces while we're hoisting a few with those *** from Daggerfall. But that's just me.

Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry a bit off track...i don't know why some people still thinks that open world PvP as limited to PvP server type where everyone can freely bash and grief other players at will.

There's also a type of open world PvP where you simply challenge other players for a duel, and the fight completely just for the two of you, you know. ZOS can even think of adding group duel challenge system. It's all for the sake of adding PvP perspective between people of the same faction, without inviting griefer...since no one will be able to do duel without mutual consent and willingness to do it.

This would be OK as long as you could turn duel invites off, so you'd never see them - otherwise there would be the chance of a whole new kind of griefing as some folks would no doubt find it funny to spam duel challenges to everyone in sight, continually.

You have to make it jerk-proof. Because there will always be jerks.
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is precisely why we can't have nice things! :o

@ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It strikes me that Cold Harbour should be cross faction. The story line leading up to it basically flat out says, "hey, you'll be working with people from all across Tamriel for this, because it's bigger than just the Allliance War..." and then... nope.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    Hamfast wrote: »

City of Heroes had Pocket D, the cross-dimensional nightclub that was open to both factions (heroes and villains) although it was limited to each of the several servers - it wasn't cross-server.

Aww bringing me back. Good ole CoH days.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »

This would be OK as long as you could turn duel invites off, so you'd never see them - otherwise there would be the chance of a whole new kind of griefing as some folks would no doubt find it funny to spam duel challenges to everyone in sight, continually.

You have to make it jerk-proof. Because there will always be jerks.

True dat! It would definitely need to be a flat out PvE zone and any duel implementation (which I personally think should be introduced game-wide) should definitely come with a toggle option for those who do not wish to duel so they won't be spammed with challenges. And there really should be an arena as well where multiple people can fight in small groups AND it should have PvE monsters you can challenge as well and fight against. Betting with in-game gold should be enabled and there should be some very cool rewards for the victorious fighters. And spectating, of course!

• nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    True dat! It would definitely need to be a flat out PvE zone and any duel implementation (which I personally think should be introduced game-wide) should definitely come with a toggle option for those who do not wish to duel so they won't be spammed with challenges. And there really should be an arena as well where multiple people can fight in small groups AND it should have PvE monsters you can challenge as well and fight against. Betting with in-game gold should be enabled and there should be some very cool rewards for the victorious fighters. And spectating, of course!

Absolutely, I feel the same way. All of Tamriel should have been a flat out PvE zone where all factions can interact/see each other, obviously each faction would start off in their own zones and then can venture out to the other factions' zones regardless of level (especially since enemies now scale to your level), and doing that would make ESO more open world (and less theme-parky), to be able to venture to wherever you would like to travel/quest/RP/grind in, or whatever else suits your tastes.

PvP/duel implementation, like you said, could also have a toggle feature to protect lower level/non-PvP players from the usual griefers. I'd like to be able to engage with other faction players in more ways than just blowing each other up, setting each other on fire and pelting each other with arrows in Cyrodiil. I feel like a lot of RP and social interaction opportunities are just lost by splitting the whole ESO player base into 3, especially since the zones aren't as bustling as they were at launch (which, of course, happens in every MMO.)
    Edited by nalimoleb14_ESO on November 10, 2014 4:15PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be a fantastic idea, and adding 'duals' would make it even better. Imagine hanging out in the tavern, where an AD suddenly picks a fight with a DC and a bar fight breaks out? Of course, it wouldn't really break out in the tavern.. more like

"Player 123 would like do dual with you. Do you accept?"
    *presses E for accept*
    *Loading screen into dualing arena*

And then the victor can come back to the tavern bragging about his win.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • crystal_coppolab14_ESO
    I don't need a whole seperate area, but it would be nice if when doing the 4 man dungeons or Trials to be able to group with people from other factions if you cannot get a group with your own faction or have some friends playing on a different faction so you can still play together.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a 'cross-faction' city. Belkarth could've been this city, for example...... But they decided to have 3 craglorns, one for each alliance.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of partying and adventuring together with other alliance's members, though... Having a city where all three factions meet but still being able to PVP and quest around would be nice.
    The city would have guards, though... That would do their best to prevent any type of conflict on the streets...