Would you like a cross-faction area?

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm pretty much a fan of almost anything that gets us some cross-faction play I have to say I still want my lawless island of rum, skooma and ladies (and gents!) of the evening! C'mon ZoS embrace that M rating and live a little!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely for cross faction PvE in Coldharbour, Craglorn, Eyevea, Earth Forge, undaunted dailies and undaunted related dungeons.

Even without added meaningful content, this would help make the game more interesting for me.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    While I'm pretty much a fan of almost anything that gets us some cross-faction play I have to say I still want my lawless island of rum, skooma and ladies (and gents!) of the evening! C'mon ZoS embrace that M rating and live a little!

SHIPWRECK COVE should be somewhere ... mabye near Tempest Island?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    As long as the pvp stays in Cyrodiil or some arena.

I know a lot of pvp-ers want open world pvp and chances to gank and grief, but I'm not interested in that. Who would keep the relative "law and order" in this RP scenario of yours, OP?

There could be an arena in such an area that could allow cross-faction fighting.

What is wrong with having PvP in cross faction zones with a flag system? If you want to PvP indicate that you do by clicking a box. If you don't well don't do a thing.
    Options
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    Really great idea! Something like Pirate/Anarchy island.
    Wasting time is an important part of life
    Options
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, YES. I will love this game if cross faction stuff is implemented. We have the option to play defector races, playing with the othef faction in PVE wouldnt be a stretch.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80 votes against vs. 438 FOR cross-faction play. C'mon already ZOS!

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe that the silver n gold quests could be changed to migrate many together but it's a lot of changes.
    I don't want any other areas to be cross faction because the game should stay at war. Considering the silver n gold quests take us all to areas that start to help even tho we are at war seems like a fitting place to establish cross faction.

BUT then again maybe the game just lacks content so I'm stretching for something to change our experiences due to the content lack.

If anything is cross faction a few features have to apply:
    There should be a system that allows people to "queue" or "jump into" a zone on the map and do the quests in that area.
    Limitations etc ...???
    This should work like the Halo MCC menu
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike EP and DC as people. I would never work along side one of these naves!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands, the easiest way for ZOS to implement cross-faction will be to do so with the new zones. Possibly dungeons, Eyevea and maybe even Coldharbour. But asking them to make all the silver and gold areas cross-faction is a MASSIVE undertaking as that's 2/3 of each megaserver.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    Yes would love a cross faction zone.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands, the easiest way for ZOS to implement cross-faction will be to do so with the new zones. Possibly dungeons, Eyevea and maybe even Coldharbour. But asking them to make all the silver and gold areas cross-faction is a MASSIVE undertaking as that's 2/3 of each megaserver.

Maybe but have you played the Xbox One version of Halo MCC?
    The jump in/out co-op or group style of that system would make this work well considering silver n gold zones are cross faction already.

How would a new zone work considering we are still at war?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God almighty... Zenimax, FFS. Look at the percentages. LISTEN to YOUR COMMUNITY!
    Options
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This...this is a viable answer to the problem of "My RL girlfriend plays X faction but I play Y faction". This is a better answer to the problem of anti-social MMO's than the lead dev at Blizzard gave at Blizzcon this past year.

I like this idea for a number of reasons, and here is the list:

1. Like I said above, if your high school sweetheart was playing X faction but you play Y faction, it would be an absolute waste of time for one of you to create another character, get as far as (s)he did, and then start adventuring together. And what if you two were told to kill each other as part of a quest? If that were me and my girlfriend, I would sooner sue ZoS than kill my girlfriend's character (if she did play the game, which thankfully she doesn't).
    2. This would probably lead to better RP.
    3. If this was run by the Dark Brotherhood, I would add an option for changing alliances, but it would cost a hefty sum of crowns to change alliances.
    4. Who knows? You might meet long-lost relatives.

I like this idea. Like I said, this is a great answer to the problem of anti-social MMO's. Right now, the genre of MMORPG's is looking pretty dead right now, so we need to revive this genre and immortalize it.

Also, the idea of cross-faction grouping isn't that farfetched. Trion and RIFT, in Update 1.11 (Calm Before the Storm), broke down the barriers and allowed cross-faction grouping. If it weren't for the fact it keeps getting bad reviews, I'd say it would be in the Top 10 by now. RIFT set the standard for social MMO's with cross-faction grouping, and so I think if other MMO's followed, we can begin slamming the brakes to this speeding train that calls itself World of Warcraft.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
    Options
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    The entire point to factions is pvp.
    So if ESO is never to have true pvp
    the factions are pointless.

I dont see a point to the factions . . . just get rid of them, merge them all and allow open world pvp everywhere.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike EP and DC as people. I would never work along side one of these naves!

Well part of the problem here is that you are forced to do so already by Cadwell's Silver & Gold. We need content that allows us to keep playing as if our enemy factions are, in fact, enemy factions. And when we GO to those factions we should be encountering the regular players IN those factions.

Now if what you're trying to say is that you don't like the actual PLAYERS in those factions I would opine that you are suffering from a pretty serious case of in-group bias.
    Edited by MornaBaine on April 12, 2015 6:04PM

Options
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I would like this for the group dungeon's. They are for all factions the same, ofthen linked to the "neutral" guilds.
    Why not make it so that we all can have fun with our cross guild friends!
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
    Options
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a cross faction area, but only if you can pvp your enemies ^^.
    Options
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread necromancy is real
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Options
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Imagine an island of skooma dens, taverns, houses of ill-repute and dangerous dark alleys. Full of people who will offer you gold to help them pull off shady deals. Here you can meet and mingle and exchange exotic black market goods with men and mer from literally all over the world. Tis a lawless and dangerous place where you can drink with your enemies from other factions and encourage them to turn traitor... where that Daggerfall Covenant hero can meet secretly with his Aldemeri Dominion sweetheart who works for Razum Dar... where everyone is out from under the eyes of their respective kingdoms. Would you want to visit such a place? Or would you avoid it like the plague?

Imagine 'Tamriel Unlimited' actually meaning TAMRIEL *** Unlimited instead of this corridor fest we have now. Where we can actually go out and explore the 'fragmented' Tamriel without the need for this *** veteran rank system, where factions only hold sway in PVP and nowhere else.
    That's what TES is all about. Not this confused hybrid step child of a single player game with mmo elements thrown in because of an idiotic and confused white knight fanbase who cannot fathom what a mmorpg is truly all about.
    Options
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love such a cross-faction zone where players from all factions can interact and talk with each other and group for dungeons and other group content in the zone.

yes that's what i voted.
    it's called Vvardenfell, open world pvp. not hard to implement.

Big fat no to open world PVP. A lot of us would prefer not to be ego fodder for PVPers who won't stick to players who actually want to fight with them. There simply will not be any peaceful RP there if griefers can come bust it up anytime they like. The point of an idea like this one is social.

Keep the aggressive antisocial behavior in it's playpen. It's fun when you want to fight, though.

Toggle option. You have no argument.
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course i would love that! :)
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ARENA !!!! FOR THE LAST BLOODY TIME ZOS ADD ARENA TO THE GAME !!!! FOR THE LOVE OF KYNE, SHOR, YSGRIMOR, AND ALL OF SKYRIM WE ALL WANT ARENA !!!!!!!!

Before every one says "Cross faction areas" and bla bla arenas can be it. We all go to this grand arena talk mingle share stories while betting on matches of who kills who.

Maybe we should start a online petition for arena/dueling...
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on April 12, 2015 7:16PM
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if it includes...
    A full moon brawl event
    No armour - No weapons....winner gets a flagon of the favoured local liquid refreshment.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Only if it includes...
    A full moon brawl event
    No armour - No weapons....winner gets a flagon of the favoured local liquid refreshment.

I think that's a bit excessive, and it might convince the ESRB to rate it a full M-rated game rather than on the border between T and M.

Also, it might favor sorcerers a lot since all they have to do is stand back and let fly with magic...unless of course you disable the abilities too.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Only if it includes...
    A full moon brawl event

I think that's a bit excessive, and it might convince the ESRB to rate it a full M-rated game rather than on the border between T and M.

Also, it might favor sorcerers a lot since all they have to do is stand back and let fly with magic...unless of course you disable the abilities too.

By no weapons....that was my generic way of saying no spells either ;)
    Granted I should have been more specific.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB /global chat so I can troll 300% more efficiently.
    Edited by Teargrants on April 12, 2015 9:23PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make a pve only campaign of cyrodiil, and allow cross faction partying there.
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a cross faction area as separate from a PvP switch. I have also mentioned elsewhere that I think they chose the wrong way to make the regions available to people.

IMO they should have set the Silver and Gold up as Spy/Raid event Systems with some of the Quests being All Factions and others being exchanged for Faction related quests (and no training region questing). With Glenumbra, the Wyrd Quests could be All faction Quests but Camlorn could be a Factional Raid/Quest/Spy/Sabotage Zone. In Auridon, Shattered Grove might be AFQs and Greenwater Cove a factional R/Q/S/S Zone. In Stonefalls, Illiath Keep might be AFQs but Fort Virak a factional R/Q/S/S Zone.

Instead they forced your character to go back and be on everyone's side one after the other in different "timelines"

#Edit: edited the comment because I was in a rush when I first wrote and posted it.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 12, 2015 10:53PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aye sounds good, up for that:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options