The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Character Copy on the PTS

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I see you edited the OP on December 15, and it now says:
    We've completed copying over all the characters from the North American and European megaservers to the PTS. From here on out, you'll be able to access your NA and EU megaserver characters on the PTS.
    Does this mean all characters are now available concurrently?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    We have some good news about testing content on the PTS!

We've completed copying over all the characters from the North American and European megaservers to the PTS. From here on out, you'll be able to access your NA and EU megaserver characters on the PTS.

A couple notes about the copy:
    • This is a copy, not a transfer. Your NA and EU megaserver characters are still there.
    • No progress made on PTS will be reflected back to the NA and EU megaservers.
    • Character data and progress for this upcoming testing period was copied from the live server on November 19th.
    • As new Updates become available to test, we will perform additional data copies from the live server.

Thank you for helping us test!

This is a really great news! Now, next good news would be to have the patch released during the hollidays! :D

I think the next good news will be when this actually happens.
    Either that is a typo or they are getting ahead of themselves. Just logged in to PTS and none of my characters from the NA server were copied. The version also reverted to 1.5.2.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    nevermind
    Edited by Dubah on December 17, 2014 10:58PM
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, like last week-ish I logged PTS for the first time. None of my characters from NA were there, so I created one. Logged again today, no copies, created character gone....so I created another. Will it be gone next time too? Am I doing something wrong?
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are using the EU server this time. It sounds like they are recopying. You can keep those from being changed by playing on the EU server, since that is where they are pulling the info from for this test.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, like last week-ish I logged PTS for the first time. None of my characters from NA were there, so I created one. Logged again today, no copies, created character gone....so I created another. Will it be gone next time too? Am I doing something wrong?
    Every time they do a copy, the previous characters are wiped. The last copy was on the 10th, so if you created a character before that, it would indeed have been wiped.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the-time-is-now-pigs-fly-t-shirt_1081.jpg
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Any news on if we will have this for the EU?

My Guess would be shortly after pigs have started flying past my 3rd floor window.

Even though you've admitted defeat, the outcome remains:
    funny_crash_landing_flying_pig_cartoon_canvas-r8fa310f5abe64c3daf03e5356aa20647_wty_8byvr_512.jpg
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the comment about the game info being pulled only from the EU server. I think that is someone misunderstanding. Its says both NA and EU characters are going to be available on PTS. PTS is its own server, its not split into NA and EU. They are just copying info from the other servers to PTS. We shouldn't need an EU account to access our NA characters on PTS. If I'm wrong, can someone link to the info that says only EU characters are being used?
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have characters on both NA and EU. The last time I was on PTS, which was maybe 2 days ago, my EU characters were there.

My guess is that any characters generated on PTS will be wiped when the NA and EU copies happen.

@Lunachik, they just copy the characters over from the Live servers. I think they still intend to do NA and EU alternately, not at the same time. I wish they could do them at the same time. This is why I keep characters on EU.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Try pasting two tables into the same area on a spreadsheet sometime. Might give you an idea of what's happening here.
    Yes and the way to (properly) do this is by creating a third column where you then copy - preferably with some rules - from the other two the one you want for the new (consolidated) one.

Works in spreadsheets, you know, and is part of the 101 of data-management.

Therefore, a good way to do this would be - based on level or actual playtime for that character - to copy from either the NA or EU server the highest level / most played toon for each class and leave 4 slots for newly created or already there toons.
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on December 25, 2014 1:33PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Try pasting two tables into the same area on a spreadsheet sometime. Might give you an idea of what's happening here.
    Yes and the way to (properly) do this is by creating a third column where you then copy - preferably with some rules - from the other two the one you want for the new (consolidated) one.

Works in spreadsheets, you know, and is part of the 101 of data-management.

Therefore, a good way to do this would be - based on level or actual playtime for that character - to copy from either the NA or EU server the highest level / most played toon for each class and leave 4 slots for newly created or already there toons.
    I think one of the major issues around this is character names. There's likely to be a bunch of characters on the NA server with the same names as characters on the EU server, and likely not belonging to the same account. Under ESO's character system, two characters cannot have the same name, and if they copied from both EU and NA at the same time, they would do.
    and that's a problem that can't be overcome by simply attaching (NA) or (EU) to the name? Seriously, this is for a test server not for all in character role-play!
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I never downloaded the EU client, and if they are alternating which servier characters they use, I'll just use a template. Is there a way to just copy certain files into the NA version, or does it need to be a full download?
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
    Well there are sure some files that are specific to the NA / EU client, but the new PTS client will most probably be a full download or close enough anyway.
    However, the character data is server side, so there is nothing to copy / paste on our end. And as you rightly point out, many play only on one server or the other, but not both, which for the PTS merging of character to use would also mean just use the ones that are available on either NA or EU.
    Technically it's not a real problem, someone has just sit down and write (and test!) the code for it. Obviously that was not on anyones agenda at ZOS or it was real down the list of things to do; as in nice to have <=> never going to be done.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference:
    Also, as mentioned in a different thread, we do have plans to perform a character copy for both megaservers for this update. This way, everyone will have a chance to test the Champion System and other features with your own characters.

Presumably related to:
    Our current plan is to start with the European megaserver, then later swap to the North American megaserver. This way, everyone will have a chance to test the new content on the PTS with their live characters at some point before it goes live.

So (probably) not at the same time (yet), but both NA and EU will be able to test with their chars.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, at the top of page 1,in the edited post from December 2014, it states that both EU and NA characters were on the PTS, but everything since said it is one or the other. If only one megaserver can be copied, can the post at the top be changed to reflect this.
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for erasing my NA server characters and replacing them with a Level 1 character
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still firmly convinced, that a user initiated copy of a selected live character to PTS would be the better course of action.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only one megaserver can be copied, can the post at the top be changed to reflect this.

I think you're demanding a lot of the ZOS people now - do you have _any_ idea of the effort that goes into editing a post??
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So (probably) not at the same time (yet), but both NA and EU will be able to test with their chars.
    And while not perfect, it's good enough. Thanks ZOS!
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭

My Guess would be shortly after pigs have started flying past my 3rd floor window.

funny_crash_landing_flying_pig_cartoon_canvas-r8fa310f5abe64c3daf03e5356aa20647_wty_8byvr_512.jpg

really? youve never seen pigs fly? i think its happend :wink:
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    after character copy u gonna lose all u staff on live server,i have no idea what you did but i lost my engine guardian head part from my inventory after 1.5.8 update, and now best customer service ignoring my tickets!
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭

really? youve never seen pigs fly? i think its happend :wink:

2009 NFL Season. I saw it happen.
  • LPabon
    LPabon
    um.....so yeah all my toons are wiped and none where copied to pts my question is if they could b4 and now copy eu to the same pts why can't they copy both EU and NA? or did i miss something?
    Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! Today, we will be performing a character copy of the European megaserver (as of 1/22/15). No new patch will be implemented at this time. We are still aiming to release Update 6 on the PTS next week. If that changes, we'll let you know!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 22, 2015 1:55PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone! Today, we will be performing a character copy of the European megaserver (as of 1/22/15). No new patch will be implemented at this time. We are still aiming to release Update 6 on the PTS next week. If that changes, we'll let you know!

Kinda figured that was the case. But when I checked last week, it was already the EU characters on the PTS. I guess that they are getting updated to more current versions.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    In the

In the French topic I saw, that on the PTS release again the US server will have the possibility to try the new update as first. I am sure, that you already stated before, that EU players will have the first test period. What is the truth please?
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xherics wrote: »
    In the

In the French topic I saw, that on the PTS release again the US server will have the possibility to try the new update as first. I am sure, that you already stated before, that EU players will have the first test period. What is the truth please?

"We will shut down the servers before abandoning the subscription model"

"ESO goes buy-to-play on March 17"

Don't waste your time asking.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    In the

When Update 6 hits the PTS, we will perform another character copy during the maintenance to copy NA characters. After approximately one week, we'll copy EU characters. This way, each megaserver has a chance to test the content with their own Live characters.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the

When Update 6 hits the PTS, we will perform another character copy during the maintenance to copy NA characters. After approximately one week, we'll copy EU characters. This way, each megaserver has a chance to test the content with their own Live characters.
    Aww @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ :( I thought you may have kept to your earlier plan of letting the EU players test 1.6 with their characters first :(