The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Character Copy on the PTS

• Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again the NA Chars prefered :(

Last time only NA could test. EU not, cause their chars were available during live version on PTS.

This time NA again are the first which can test.

EU is 2nd class players for ZOS

That's true, 'cause almost all developers have their toons their (NA-Servers)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsCPHStvZUgyrc_TZQVQsgYgAWqV0B8FeJDiTfk9ugBRKrKYqP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlnx2NQPJmc
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 28, 2015 6:29AM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont understand people wanting the EU copies first. their pop is what 1/4th of ours on the NA side? hell most players in Europe play on the NA server lol

They promised !
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 28, 2015 6:37AM
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks... Realy guys... Promises...
    And the communication was bad again.

You may survive with your B2W and consoles. But you realy should keep it together with what you say, or people start to think, that americans are like this in general...
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    During today's PTS maintenance, we copied all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS. Characters were copied today (November 19th.) If you have a character on the EU megaserver, you can now use them on the PTS which is up-to-date with patch 1.5.2.

Please keep in mind this is only a character copy; progression from the PTS will not carry over to the live EU megaserver.

Not a single one of my 7 characters on the EU live server is on the PTS.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont understand people wanting the EU copies first. their pop is what 1/4th of ours on the NA side? hell most players in Europe play on the NA server lol
    Source?

Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • Micanet
    Micanet
    ✭✭
    We'll still have maxed-out character templates to use, but the current plan is to start with NA copies then switch to EU.
    So when can we expect a switch to the EU ?
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Micanet wrote: »
    We'll still have maxed-out character templates to use, but the current plan is to start with NA copies then switch to EU.

Next week
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    During today's PTS maintenance, we copied all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS. Characters were copied today (November 19th.) If you have a character on the EU megaserver, you can now use them on the PTS which is up-to-date with patch 1.5.2.

Please keep in mind this is only a character copy; progression from the PTS will not carry over to the live EU megaserver.

Not a single one of my 7 characters on the EU live server is on the PTS.

You quoted an out-of-date announcement. The most recent one is this one:
    Just wanted to let you all know that characters from the North American megaserver were copied this morning at 8:00AM EST, and will be available once the PTS maintenance is complete!
    Therefore, the current characters available on PTS are the NA ones, not the EU ones.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 28, 2015 11:53AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    hell most players in Europe play on the NA server lol

^ true <-- European here *Waves* and I love NA!!

runned AA trial yesterday with German guild on PTS. to keep it decent, they did everything opposite of what my NA trial guild does,.
    Edited by kenpachi480 on January 28, 2015 12:25PM
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Micanet wrote: »

Next week

They "forgot" their promise again: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1510855/#Comment_1510855
    In other Words: Don't expect an EU transfer before 1.6 goes on the live servers.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭

Last time only NA could test. EU not, cause their chars were available during live version on PTS.

Yes, I do have character on NA server, but as I usually play on EU server, my NA character is just level 34. How am I supposed to test something with this low level char? All my researches, mounts, pets, ... everything is on EU side.

And if I have characters on both servers, what will I have on PTS?
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »

Yes, I do have character on NA server, but as I usually play on EU server, my NA character is just level 34. How am I supposed to test something with this low level char? All my researches, mounts, pets, ... everything is on EU side.

And if I have characters on both servers, what will I have on PTS?
    Characters currently available on PTS change depending on what the most recent copy was. Since they most recently copied NA characters, those are the ones available. When they next copy EU characters, the NA characters on PTS will be wiped and the EU ones will be there instead. The details of how this works, and the currently-available character set, can be found at UESP. (Although this does rely on someone updating the info when it changes.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell most players in Europe play on the NA server lol

^ true <-- European here *Waves* and I love NA!!

runned AA trial yesterday with German guild on PTS. to keep it decent, they did everything opposite of what my NA trial guild does,.

Thats not what i wrote^^
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 28, 2015 1:39PM
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean not the addon developers such as u ^^

I think ZOS should have Chars on both Servers to test their "real" Chars
    Thats, why ZOS preferred NA-Server
    Das geschieht sozusagen zu Trainingszwecken, um den Vorgang zu verfeinern.
    Wir beginnen mit der NA-Datenbank, weil nahezu alle Enwickler und QA-Leute hier ihre Charaktere dort haben und so die Auswirkungen auf "echte" Chars schnell testen können.

google translate:
    This happens so to speak, for training purposes, to refine the process.
    We begin with the NA database because almost all developers and QA people here have their characters there and so can test the impact on the "real" Chars quickly.
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 28, 2015 1:52PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean not the addon developers such as u ^^

I think ZOS should have Chars on both Servers to test their "real" Chars
    Thats, why ZOS preferred NA-Server
    Das geschieht sozusagen zu Trainingszwecken, um den Vorgang zu verfeinern.
    Wir beginnen mit der NA-Datenbank, weil nahezu alle Enwickler und QA-Leute hier ihre Charaktere dort haben und so die Auswirkungen auf "echte" Chars schnell testen können.

google translate:
    This happens so to speak, for training purposes, to refine the process.
    We begin with the NA database because almost all developers and QA people here have their characters there and so can test the impact on the "real" Chars quickly.

I dont understand why they cant find a way to copy both at once. Renaming character by putting a rng number behind it and done. Every other game was able to do that.
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xMovingTarget‌,
    Yes, I even don't understand why

edit:
    see Charakterkopien auf dem PTS
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on January 28, 2015 3:32PM
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ does not answer to the EU-question.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF...I've just spent all day downloading the pts and I haven't got my characters!
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here.
  • Sleipnirs
    Sleipnirs
    Soul Shriven
    So we spent alot of hours downloading the PTS for nothing? Cause yeah, testing the new patch on a lvl 1 character ... kinda useless to me.

We pay as much as the NA players but we get less ... very nice of you.
    Edited by Sleipnirs on January 28, 2015 5:58PM
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create a V14 char. But you have to grind the skills.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I think ZOS should just remove the character copies for a while so people stop complaining and just test using the templates. ZOS want the content tested; why is the character which is testing it so important? The templates (usually) have maxed skill lines and enough skill points to make whatever build you want.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The templates (usually) have maxed skill lines and enough skill points to make whatever build you want.

Umm no.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • MagnusRex
    MagnusRex
    ✭✭✭
    The templates (usually) have maxed skill lines and enough skill points to make whatever build you want.

The skill lines are maxed, but the skills itself are not. youcant test any of the morphs w/o training the skill up all the way. on top of that we only have 3 different sets of gear to use (none of the ones i'd normally use for pvp)
    Magnus Rex Magicka Dragonknight DC EU
    Magnus Rekt U Magicka Dragonknight EP EU

KiteSquad | Fero Caedis
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read through this whole thread, but I have to ask, why can't EU and NA toons be copied on the PTS at the same time? Is it a server load issue? Performance/lag/fps issue?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueled all night long yesterday with pve gear and level 1 skills. Did I test anything? No. Did I have fun and chat with the NA guys? Yes.

This is all I can do for you ZOS with these template chars as a pvp player.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I hate lies and the arrogance and ignorance what ZOS is making to EU players.

Do not mention the second HUGE SORC nerf (already the weakest from 1.3-1.5) and making grangmothers PET farm with it...
    Edited by xherics on January 29, 2015 6:27AM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Hi everyone! Just letting you know that we did another character copy last Wednesday, December 10th to copy over the latest European megaserver characters. No new patch was implemented.

If you can copy EU characters (and whole accounts actually) to the PTS - why can an NA account not be copied to the EU server?

I asked before about it but I have not received a solid answer.
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    ... why is the character which is testing it so important? The templates (usually) have maxed skill lines and enough skill points to make whatever build you want.

And how do you test the conversion of your provisioning inventory and learned and bank or char inentory stored recipes on 8 chars with a template? how do you test the mount conversion of the different horses on your 8 chars with a template? how do you test if you received the correct cp points with a dummy template? please explain.

Edited by Markuseb17_ESO15 on January 29, 2015 12:15PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... why is the character which is testing it so important? The templates (usually) have maxed skill lines and enough skill points to make whatever build you want.
    And how do you test the conversion of your provisioning inventory and learned and bank or char inentory stored recipes on 8 chars with a template? how do you test the mount conversion of the different horses on your 8 chars with a template? how do you test if you received the correct cp points with a dummy template? please explain.
    OK fair, you can't test conversions. But conversions only happen once, and they either work or they don't. My comment was based on testing the systems, not testing the conversions.