The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Character Copy on the PTS

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing morphed skills!
    Testing more than one set per armour type!
    Testing crafting!
    Testing the 2-set-pieces!

But sure... It does not make sense testing with your own char.
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    accepted. i am already testing content such as the justice system for which i do not need my real chars.

nevertheless without having your own chars on pts, tons of questions for the 1.6 upgrade remain open and it is very difficult to formulate each and every one of them, post them in the forum and hope to get proper answers. with our own chars on pts life would be much easier.
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    the most sad is that 99% of NA chars (ok, no source for number) copied in PTS aren't used while EU players who wanted to test PTS have to wait one more week.....

why not put kind of a ticket system for future updates and copy the chars of players who care and want testing PTS ?
    Edited by Zaenidd on January 29, 2015 2:14PM
    Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on NA and I do not have any of my toons copied over. :(
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU player here. Sorely disappointed that characters from the EU live server didn't make it to the PTS.

I can't test my current build, both in terms of gear and in terms of skills, as (i) I don't heave the research traits required to craft new gear similar to the crafted gear I use on live, and (ii) we need to level all skills to be able to morph them and some of them take quite a while to level.

I can't test the changes to provisioning (in terms of recipe and ingredients conversion).

I can't test the changes to materials stacks in my bank/characters.

I can't test levelled riding skill.

The relevance of PTS for EU players is severely diminished. PLEASE take this seriously and commit to a date for character copy, sooner rather than later. The changes to the game are too significant to go without testing.
    Edited by daemonios on January 29, 2015 2:47PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the most sad is that 99% of NA chars (ok, no source for number) copied in PTS aren't used while EU players who wanted to test PTS have to wait one more week.....

why not put kind of a ticket system for future updates and copy the chars of players who care and want testing PTS ?
    There must be a way for them to do something like this. eg copy the NA first, then copy the EU, and overwrite any account with EU characters if there are more EU characters than NA characters. To address the conflicting character names issue, just add -EU or -NA to every name.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't my character get copied over?! No one is answering me about this! I am just being told it's not possible. WHY? I'm on the NA server, always have been. What is the issue?!?!?!
    Telling me to use the v14 template and make it just like my live toon is NOT THE SAME THING. For so many reasons.
    Why was my character skipped????
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can't my character get copied over?! No one is answering me about this! I am just being told it's not possible. WHY? I'm on the NA server, always have been. What is the issue?!?!?!
    Telling me to use the v14 template and make it just like my live toon is NOT THE SAME THING. For so many reasons.

You've obviously not been on the PTS since it was updated - they HAVE copied the US characters
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

You've obviously not been on the PTS since it was updated - they HAVE copied the US characters

Obviously this is for the EU.

Characters not copied, skills are not morphed, can not test skills, can not test sets, can not craft sets to test. We are stuck with level 1 skills and yokudan, serpent and aether sets only.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So when EU chars will be copied?
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "next week"
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering they said "next week" on Tuesday, 27th Janurary, I'm expecting they will copy our chars in February 2 or 3.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll still have maxed-out character templates to use, but the current plan is to start with NA copies then switch to EU.

you do not have maxed out character templates. Its completely artificial because every ability is level one, which needs 4 levels to morph then 4 more to max(which every v14 would have for their main skills and even most skills). also you have no crafting matts, so nobody can craft gear they are used to using on their template. In pvp only one guy with a template gave me a challenge everyone else was like warm butter.

If you want people to be able to contribute any helpful feedback with a template, aside from tears of how much weaker they are, you at least need to provide ALL ABILITIES MORPHED AND MAXED at the very least.
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on January 31, 2015 7:10PM
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭

I obviously HAVE been over on PTS since I am posting that my character WAS NOT copied over. My ticket for this issue has been escalated 3 times now since it's not know why it wasn't copied over with the rest of the NA server.

If your going to comment on things, try to actually be helpful, not irritating.
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a silly question, but I know absolutely nothing about these things... When the EU characters get copied, will the templates we made thusfar be removed? Because I gave my template the same name as my character on live, so that might cause a conflict or something.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    Perhaps a silly question, but I know absolutely nothing about these things... When the EU characters get copied, will the templates we made thusfar be removed? Because I gave my template the same name as my character on live, so that might cause a conflict or something.
    Yes, it will be removed. All characters on PTS will be removed when they do the EU copy, and replaced with EU characters. If you don't have any EU characters, your PTS toons will be removed and replaced with nothing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dd_cb16_ESO
    dd_cb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I play on the EU server and yet my personal are not on the pts
    or rather he is no longer on the pts from 1.6 while they are supposed to be the server since the US had the 1.5 / 1.5.1 / 1.5.2 /1.5.3 /1.5 .4 / 1.5.5 etc. .
    Guilde francophone multigaming

Kel'Thar Cendarach Sorcier Altmer V14 (armure lourde, épée-bouclier, bâton de destruction)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We won't see an EU character transfer before 1.6 goes live, trust me. It was the same with 1.5
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We won't see an EU character transfer before 1.6 goes live, trust me. It was the same with 1.5

We will get our chars when 1.6 is at the live servers. After that they will start 1.7 with NA Chars again >:)

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they said they would do this when they brought the PTS down for the next version of 1.6. I also recall they said that would be today but I don't see any notice about PTS maintainence.

Hey *** - I guess Lucky Lightclaws born of template lives to steal another day on the PTS.

Edit: Why is the H word that goes after Hi in that song by the seven dwarves censored??!!
    Edited by SantieClaws on February 2, 2015 12:04PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit: Why is the H word that goes after Hi in that song by the seven dwarves censored??!!

I Guess it can be misunderstood as a term for the world's oldest profession...
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh right lawyers!
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo....with the PTS maintenance going on tomorrow, does that mean you'll fix the issue with my NA character not being copied over?
    I gotta keep asking because no one is telling me anything anymore. They said my ticket will be escalated to the Studio, but that was a few days ago :(
    I really wanted to use my main in the PVP event tonight :(
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow it is EU time!
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo....with the PTS maintenance going on tomorrow, does that mean you'll fix the issue with my NA character not being copied over?
    I gotta keep asking because no one is telling me anything anymore. They said my ticket will be escalated to the Studio, but that was a few days ago :(
    I really wanted to use my main in the PVP event tonight :(

I'd be flooding these forums with topics and tagged posts today, it's your last day to get that copied over before EU Characters overwrite them tomorrow.

Try giving the call center a go too.

I feel for you man, I really do!
    Vehemence
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi - PTS patch 6.1 overwrote my copied characters in PTS. I had access to them last week, but now dealing with making a new character. Any chance for help? Thanks!

EDIT: Characters were copied back on patch 1.6.2. Thanks a bunch for the help!
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 12, 2015 4:06AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi - PTS patch 6.1 overwrote my copied characters in PTS. I had access to them last week, but now dealing with making a new character. Any chance for help? Thanks!

RTFF
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 1.6.1 also overwrote all of my characters on the PTS. Now I am being prompted to create a new character or use a template which will only give you a weak character without all the skill development. I had just finished crafting new sets of armor to test stamina builds, so this is a little disheartening to say the very least. I do not want to waste time starting a new character or dealing with a nerfed template character where I can't get to morphs quickly. I sure hope this can be fixed quickly. Help request has been sent separately.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Geez, do no-one read the forums anymore? It was said multiple times that the EU characters would be copied over With the update on Tuesday, wiping the US ones. RTFF.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geez, do no-one read the forums anymore? It was said multiple times that the EU characters would be copied over With the update on Tuesday, wiping the US ones. RTFF.
    @AngryNord‌ , what do you mean anymore?

Reading's hard. It's right up there with searching and other virtually impossible tasks.

You expect too much, sir.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS