Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Skill Line XP Constantly being Deleted. Unacceptable/Pathetic ZoS.

• Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    istateres wrote: »
    Assuming this is true, and it fits with what @ZOS_JessicaFolsom has said, many users vents, and my personal experience with this problem; those trying to level a particular skill, but constantly having their experience"lost", might try leveling the skills on their OTHER skill bar. This might allow them to actually level the desired skills on the "off" bar. No promisses, but it couldn't hurt!
    If you can live with it then you might consider adding skills from the line that you want to level on both bars so whichever bar gets xp you should end up progressing that skill.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Folks, we aren't being dishonest with you. That's not how we do things here. We understand some of you are extremely frustrated, and rightfully so, but we would appreciate if everyone please make an effort to remain constructive and respectful. We'll try to explain a bit further about what the issue is.

When we started investigating this issue, we found two bugs that both boiled down to the server and client not agreeing. We're still investigating the first, which is an extremely rare case.

The second is the one most of you are seeing, and the one we're pushing a fix for next week. It involves particular weapon swaps where the experience bonuses don't always switch completely to the new weapon set together on the client and the server. This results in the client showing your current weapon set bar advancing, but behind the scenes you are actually still getting some of the experience bonuses on your previous weapon set.

Does this have anything to do with weapon swapping being cashed client side?
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Responses on this thread are the result of ZOS's opacity and sluggish response times. I'm happy to see the company is attempting to increase transparency and improve communication. But they will need to do much more, allot faster, to regain our trust.
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOW! A patch just for us! Let's see if 1.4.7 fixes part of the problem!
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes with fix? Still concerned about the second bug.

"The Elder Scrolls Online v1.4.7 is an incremental patch that fixes the more important of the two issues that currently makes it appear as if skill experience is rolling back between gameplay sessions. Please note that skill experience is not actually rolling back. We are still investigating a secondary issue that could also have the same effect."

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136548/patch-note-v1-4-7#latest
    Edited by kewl on October 20, 2014 4:48PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    "We are still investigating a secondary issue that could also have the same effect."

Sonova... :(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Hi. So, part of this fix was in the patch and another part is still under investigation. A quick check indicates that different things are happening now than before. In the past I was getting a large "rollback" on "Restoration Staff" and "Storm Calling" and an "advancement" on "Light Armor" and "Destruction Staff".

Now my quick check says the opposite is happening on a smaller scale. I am going down a small amount in Light Armor and Destruction Staff while up a little in Restoration Staff and Storm Calling. This would be about right for an adjustment to XP gained from Finesse, but I have not looked at the details.

I don't want to report what is already known and I do not know the nature of this other bug that is being investigated. What should we be seeing, or not seeing, related to this latest fix. What type of stuff needs to be reported, if anything?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Emeliana
    Emeliana
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again. I've had rollback after last patch, towns and wayshrines I had discovered were black again, I even had to do quests over again. "Visual bug, client out of sync with server." My butt. These are straight rollbacks, nothing else. Last patch fixed nothing - made it worse if anything.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emeliana wrote: »
    Here we go again. I've had rollback after last patch, towns and wayshrines I had discovered were black again, I even had to do quests over again. "Visual bug, client out of sync with server." My butt. These are straight rollbacks, nothing else. Last patch fixed nothing - made it worse if anything.

Not the same bug. You need to report that.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've moved from level 30 in s+b to level 29 2 times now... hell, I still have a skill point invested in a skill that I purchased at 30 even though I'm now at 29 again!? Making me what will happen when I hit 30 again lol...

Also, none of my ults are gaining ult.

Zenimax are a difficult company to like.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's 4 times now...