Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just updated the status of a few items in the original post, and added a couple new issues including being kicked into third-person view, Glyphs of Potion Speed not working properly, and Cyrodiil vendors not selling high-level gear.

As always, we'll continue to update the first post as we receive more information.

Thank you. The potion speed was my only problem.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on September 17, 2014 4:24PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :smile:
    rook75 wrote: »
    If you aren't in IT, You obviously have no clue how the ITIL or Programming/QA process works.

Hell if you go back to the PTS you will notice updates 1.4 and 1.4.2 NOT 1.4.3, they didn't even TEST 1.4.3

Specifically, they did not install 1.4.3 on the PTS server. That is not to say that they did not test it.

They call it PTS and the T does stand for Test, but the PTS is not, and should not be, part of the Quality Assurance program.

The forum does tend to go the hyperbole route and say that they never test anything. Some people might actually believe it. I think that most people know they test it and are just aware that they are not fixing defects before they release.

They have done a number of things wrong from a development process perspective, but I am willing to let them have their 6 months to get the kinks out of their release development and QA process. Six months is usually enough time to identify weak spots in their process and implement fixes.

They have made some blunders in Update 4, to be sure. I think they should have fixed many of them, but I know that at least one would have been a challenge to identify before it was rolled out. When I compare Update 3 to Update 4 I find that they have actually improved. They do need to be given credit for this.

I am hoping that they can get their act together for Update 5. It sounds like Update 5 is a Big Thing compared to Update 4. Update 3 was a Big Thing compared to Update 4. They really need to focus on finding and fixing the bugs before they drop 1.5.3 on the Live servers. They might want to consider placing customer reported problems from PTR at the top of the fix list. This will go a long way to building positive perceptions.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]

That's just it. We have completely lost faith in this company. We LOVE TES. That should be clear. Those of us that have the most rage only have it because we care about this franchise. We do not want to see this game fail and yet I cannot help but see the writing on the wall. Stop moderating the forums for bad language and get involved in the discussion. Seriously, we get one line once in a while about "we're looking into this" and then post after post being "moderated"and warnings so we know they are reading it, but no actual discussion from the devs. We are shouting because we feel like we are not being heard.
    :trollin:
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if this has been mentioned, but wasp nests in upper craglorn are COMPLETELY uninteractable after killing the wasps.
  • kozz
    kozz
    Soul Shriven
    Dual Wield Nightblade here.

I've noticed few issues with Rapid Strikes skill. It appears that 6 second attack speed buff that Rapid Strikes grants stacks with itself if you play several successive Rapid Strikes attacks.

Also, I've noticed that Rapid Strikes do not trigger Magicka and Stamina restore when Siphoning Attacks are toggled on. Chance for 15% restore is 10%, but appears to be zero with Rapid Strikes.

I think several other Dual Wield abilities have an issue with Siphoning Attacks as well.
    Edited by kozz on September 17, 2014 4:32PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just updated the status of a few items in the original post, and added a couple new issues including being kicked into third-person view, Glyphs of Potion Speed not working properly, and Cyrodiil vendors not selling high-level gear.

As always, we'll continue to update the first post as we receive more information.

Can we have an acknowledgement of the broken stealth radius problem please, it has been widely tested and reported already but is not listed in the issues above.

Unless it was a deliberate undocumented nerf?

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭
    People need to read the entire post instead of commenting on a single entry, then the post they are referring to would make more sense .
    OIIIIIIIO

Death is only the beginning
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if I missed it in notes, but hireling deliveries, the two a day, used to come every 12 hours if you stayed on top of it. Now they are coming every 13+ hours it seems.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

Any word on stealth detection potions revealing NB cloak? Would really like to see some info on that issue, as far as I know it never got fixed.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Can we have an acknowledgement of the broken stealth radius problem please, it has been widely tested and reported already but is not listed in the issues above.

Unless it was a deliberate undocumented nerf?
    Why is this glaring problem being ignored/not acknowledged ? Normal sneaking is impossible at the moment. This affects everyone who sneaks, not just nightblades.
    I sincerely hope this isn't an undocumented ninja stealth nerf, but the fact they are refusing to acknowledge it says everything about this company and their refusal to be open about things that affect us.

I thought normal stealth was in a good place and worked pretty well before this patch, especially with all the passives maxed...now I am unable to play my nightblade the way I like to.

Here..I'll help:-

Combat and Gameplay

Normal crouching stealth/stealth radius seems to not be working at the moment. STATUS : Investigating.

There ..easy>
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

it seems that Update 4 introduced length limits for addon file path and for addon title. Are those changes intentional? A lots of addons with long folder names have issues with loading .lua files because of this limit.

I'm not completely sure how this limit works, but I think it is 128 characters for full file path without drive letter.

Example:
    I want to load this library -
    \Users\Garkin\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\InventoryInsightFromAshes\libs\LibMediaProvider-1.0\LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua

However file path has 135 characters, so I will get an UI error that library wasn't found. If I change path to 128 characters, file is loaded correctly:
    \Users\Garkin\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\InventoryInsightFromAshes\libs\LibMediaProvi\LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua

Edited by Garkin on September 17, 2014 5:57PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Both normal & hardmode Dragonstar Arenas drop VR13 loot only (even to VR14 characters). Might want to add this to the list.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »
    I was playing my V8 NB last night and I ran across something very strange while doing a few quests.

After killing some NPC mobs in some of the small villages I would start looking in some of the containers like I always do and I would suddenly be attacked by the NPC's I just killed. This would happen within like 10 seconds. These NPC's would be half-way transparent and if moved away about 10 to 20 meters they would stop attacking and disappear but would appear again and attack if I moved back. I could not damage them but they could damage me.

It was like I was caught between two different phases of the game.

I relogged twice but it happened three or 4 times at differnt locations on the map. This has never happened before.

Actually I have had that happen. I wa attacked by what turned out to be one of those nasty versions of the guar kind of mionsters. At the time though I was beig hit by something invisible. I had to center the red dot on the attack HUD and back away with the shield up.

After a minute or so the invisible creature appeared ????

Perhaps they have multi-dimensional phase shift abilities along with invisibility lol
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 17, 2014 6:16PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    (Radiant)Magelight still isn't updating spell crit on the character sheet.
    magelight.jpg
  • martin.cowiepreeb18_ESO
    •Burning Embers - No longer heals on death of mob! If it dies before dot runs its course...

DK skill
  • matteofontana2010b16_ESO
    guess there is a issue with player with a letter like à,ò,ù,ì ect in their name, that players can't recieve party invite from chat or guild roster, only by click direct on the character with F hotkeys
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to go negative but a confession of professional misconduct after each content update fails to mitigate them, both incidentally and as a persistent pattern.

Even a studio with no prior experience in online games should understand what regression testing means.

What I need to see is not a mea culpa topic after each and every update. What I need to see is a commitment to organizational change, with specifics and a date of compliance.

1. Full regression testing of each update prior to release.

2. Implementation of Quality Assurance as such, not as play testing or as product acceptance. This must include veto power for the head of QA over any release.

3. Feature lists approved by the head of community management and created in consultation with the community management team. Like the old days. You have some great community people serving this game and my sense is that they're not part of the development team. I hope I'm wrong.

Being a member of a live team is customer service work anyway. Forgive my tone but I'm not feeling served. Heck, there are broken quest chains after this patch I'm not even seeing listed.

Each customer reported snafu in this topic not listed in the original post should be an embarrassment to the organization. Instead it's become customary. Unbelievable.
  • LordBelasco
    LordBelasco
    Soul Shriven
    I can't use my ultimate ability that is Atronach, I use a sorcerer. the icon is fill of ultimate point but when I use "R", nothing happens :(
    someone get the same problem ?
    Edited by LordBelasco on September 17, 2014 9:13PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still denying the stealth radius nerf then?

Sad sad sad little people.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Please do something about weapon swap siphoning attacks animation displaying last swapped weapon, its been going on 6 weeks now so bloody annoying!
  • slbrgt
    slbrgt
    ✭✭
    Many people have a problem with the Firebrand Keep questline in Stormhaven. After recruiting the four knights, and returning to sir Edmund, the quest 'Retaking Firebrand Keep' is not offered by Edmund.
  • dreadlockeddaveub17_ESO
    Does anybody know how large the DL is on this one?
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Lol, poor NBs.
    They really should just abandon the class. It's pretty clear they are never going to get it right.

Got blown to bits last night in Cyrodiil by 2 cooperating NBs.... each delivered 2 skills and I'm dead with 4 hits under 2 seconds. I have the screenshot at home to proof it.

Yes, 2 second. I got stunned out of my horse first and before I can stand back up I'm already dead.

Nothing wrong with the damn class.

Even funnier that you're a DK, but VR3? This game is brooooken.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Night's Silence Set work for Vampires as it did before when you finally fix it?

Yes, I know the answer is probably, "No." But if it is, what I want is an official explanation with their reasoning behind the change. I would also like to know how they intend to compensate players who are now stuck with a worthless set since what it did for Vampire speed was the only reason worth having it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Will the Night's Silence Set work for Vampires as it did before when you finally fix it?

Yes, I know the answer is probably, "No." But if it is, what I want is an official explanation with their reasoning behind the change. I would also like to know how they intend to compensate players who are now stuck with a worthless set since what it did for Vampire speed was the only reason worth having it.
    Well night silence was worth having because it increase the speed of people who did not want to be vampires but since the set does not increase speed right now. It is worthless until they fix the set.

Weird my Stealth radius is not nerf. It works perfectly.
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Please do something about weapon swap siphoning attacks animation displaying last swapped weapon, its been going on 6 weeks now so bloody annoying!
    Can you explain in more detail of what the problem is because my siphoning attacks been working perfectly since two weeks ago. So maybe something else is causing your problem.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on September 18, 2014 1:38AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what this is or what it's related to but saw it earlier in Thornblade (NA).

Screenshot_20140917_093549.png

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what this is or what it's related to but saw it earlier in Thornblade (NA).

Screenshot_20140917_093549.png

probably a new DK ability
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you explain in more detail of what the problem is because my siphoning attacks been working perfectly since two weeks ago. So maybe something else is causing your problem.

He's talking about the visual glow of the weapons. If you have 1h/s and bow then when you swap weapons the air will glow where the other weapon would have been placed. It's simply visual but it is kind of annoying. Definitely not a priority fix.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Well night silence was worth having because it increase the speed of people who did not want to be vampires but since the set does not increase speed right now. It is worthless until they fix the set.

Weird my Stealth radius is not nerf. It works perfectly.

Do you have either medium armour passive or set bonuses that reduce the range at which you are detected?

Basic stealth is as it was - what it not working is the enhancements to stealth provided by the passives and the sets.

So someone who has invested time and points in those things is detected at exactly the same range as someone who has not.

GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I have tested on the PTS and sent in many bug reports there.It seems some bugs have occurred that were not happening on the PTS (for whatever reasons) and others that were reported are still awaiting a fix. Please add these to your lists for future fixes:
    • Undocumented change not mentioned in the current Patch notes is a reduction in cost for Werewolf Transformation (the reduction was planned but not in notes).
    • The Medium Armor set Savior's Hide gives no reduction in transformation costs after this recent patch. My -Keep It Simple Stupid- testing revealed I killed the same amount of VR6 wolves with the set on as with it off. In other words the cost reduction is no longer working or is not stacking with the set on. jack_of_salvation.jpg .
    • Dark Cloak is no longer working on Nightblades. This is separate from merely breaking stealth as already listed in your upcoming fixes. It appears my invisibility potions OR Cloak do not work. Mobs see me even if I use no other ability and they can (and do) damage me, even if not caught in a AoE.. If I use Cloak alone, or if I use a potion alone they see me.
    • Perhaps related to last bullet- Mobs seem to either have a higher aggro range whether stealthed or not. Everywhere. I have a usual gather route and have been careful where I can go. Now all these areas in Tamriel from Craglorn, Reapers, The Rift, in fact anywhere I go- mobs can and do aggro from distance.Maybe its the Khajiit smell, I dunno. [edited to say- I do have passives for stealth radius reduction unlocked but they seem to not be working either]
    • As mentioned earlier in posts by me (sneaking this in again) :D Siege and Oils do not currently stack in bank as promised in an earlier patch.

As always thank you for you and the Devs efforts, and thank you for letting us pay to contribute to an awesome games further development.
    ~Sly
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on September 18, 2014 8:17AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I think the dreaded memory leak may be back...

Sadly this is my experience also...needs to get fixed ASAP or it maybe the final straw :(