Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skyshard in Troll's Toothpick delve in Bangkorai is all f*cked up. It's not even located in the delve so you can't get to it.

Must have been quitting time when they got to that delve huh?

Add to your list.
    Edited by Garetth on September 20, 2014 2:38AM
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    The lag in Cyrodil with more then 10 people is dropping frame-rates to around 10-20 FPS and also forcing CTD's. I havent had 6 CTD's in 3 hours since the game was in beta.
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..with each patch Zenimax flushes more and more subscribers down the toilet...
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Below is a list of known issues we've identified since rolling out Update 4. You will see a status below each issue, and we’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

[*] STATUS: Identified that Stealthy and Nightshade are currently broken and are causing this issue. We're currently working on a fix.

I think you are still missing the impact on the Medium Armour passive Improved Sneak.

I have both ranks in this and have tested with a 7 pc vanilla medium armour set vs. running naked and detection range from mobs in PvE is the same.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since update 4 I am frequently thrown out of the game when I enter a fighting/conflict scene in cyrodiil. Relogging into the game lasts for about ~10 seconds on average, before the system crashes again (I barely manage to enter the bug-report section before i am kicked again) if I am lucky I can take part in fights for 30 seconds- or use this time to report my problems. :-(

I tried alot to obtain further details to this problem - and found:
    1. It does not seem to be related to actions I take - i.e. it doesn't matter whether I run around, attack enemies or support my alliance, even when I just open the help menu to report the last crash I get thrown out of the game before I can type "Hi there".
    2. There doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern of actions prior to/while the game crashes.
    -In most cases all visible players and interactables just freeze (appart from some of the animals and animation effects that keep on hovering in midair) , while I am still able to move - interactions however are not possible (no stoving of siege weapons, interaction with objects etc -.-). This situation will last for a minimum of 30 seconds up to a few minutes before I am redirected to the launch menu. Self-loggout/quit or opening the help menu during this period is not possible.
    - In some cases all visible players vanish while all siege weapons remain visible and moving, the same is true for auditory signals - so I can hear the fight going on, but see nothing but moving siege weapons and the (normal) territors and walls. This crash-option does not last long (~10-20seconds) and sometimes triggers the "report a bug" windows, when I get thrown out of the game. I can trigger some actions during this time (stove my siege, or cast a non-targeted spell (like purge))- however I can only do this once and I can not use light or heavy attacks at all.
    - In rare cases I just get relocated - i.e. transported to another location within the zone I am currently in. Afterwards I have about 5 seconds before I get redirected to the games launch menu. I don't even seem to be able to move away from the location I was summoned to, but fighting appears normal (sound and vision) as far as I can tell.
    - When i enter a fighting scene it happens that suddenly enemy as well as allies just poop out of thin air - so I find myself suddenly in the middle of the fight usually this ends by me unsheathing my weapon - and be killed that same moment. i am not sure whether this is due to lag as the death toggle notes more than one hit on me - since many animations and sounds just play simultaneously and not all of these semm to be directed at me I can not say whether this is correct or not.
    - When respawning after sudden death it happened twice that I got instant-killed at the respawn location or my dead body was just transported there (could not distinguish the two as death toggle was blank in those cases) and was not able to respawn again at that location.

3. These crashes do not happen when I explor cyrodiil - just at the moment I enter a fight scene and while i did expirience lags and buggy abilities before update 4, this reliable crashing is new.

I suppose phasing does not work properly on my character, but obviously the crashes could also be related to my settings/hardware (evenso up to now I did not expirience troubles like this at all).

Does anyone expirience similar things? Does anyone have a suggestion?

@ ZOSGinaBruno

Edit: ... maybee important, too - all screenshots i took while the game was crashed have not been saved, evenso in-game the normal "screenshoot XYZ saved at AB" - message appeared.
    Edited by Elsterchen on September 20, 2014 8:24AM
    Options
  • Jennasis
    Jennasis
    Soul Shriven
    My gf and I can't actually get past the loading screen at all, so we can't even play... am just reinstalling the whole game again to see if this will help, but not that hopeful as when it locked up last time, I couldn't even kill the process... :-(

Was OK before the patch, apart from a few drop-outs and texture glitches...
    Edited by Jennasis on September 20, 2014 9:44AM
    Options
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright time to bring it out again!

Meanwhile back at the ZOS HQ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ZkJd4u0Us
    Options
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »
    The skyshard in Troll's Toothpick delve in Bangkorai is all f*cked up. It's not even located in the delve so you can't get to it.

Must have been quitting time when they got to that delve huh?

Add to your list.
    Are you talking about skyshard location which is shown by SkyShards addon?
    Delves in Bangkorai, Reaper's March and The Rift were changed, so I had to run through all delves there and fix locations in the addon. The latest version (v1.7.3) shows correct locations again.
    Edited by Garkin on September 20, 2014 12:37PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
    Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Below is a list of known issues we've identified since rolling out Update 4. You will see a status below each issue, and we’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

[*] STATUS: Identified that Stealthy and Nightshade are currently broken and are causing this issue. We're currently working on a fix.

I think you are still missing the impact on the Medium Armour passive Improved Sneak.

I have both ranks in this and have tested with a 7 pc vanilla medium armour set vs. running naked and detection range from mobs in PvE is the same.

bumping this for visibility please ZOS fix it the RIGHT way not the half assed way with set bonuses no one uses
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills are rolling back. Skills are rolling back. Skills are rolling back. I reported this issue with screenshots but never had a feedback.

I'm writing more e-mails to ESO Help than I write to my friends overseas. Every single day, a different issue comes up.
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    So no comment on STEALTH detection potions breaking invisibility?

I'm gunna keep coming to these threads and posting about this until a ZoS employee tells me the effect is intended and they plan to change the tooltip, or that it's not intended and it will be added to the thread and eventually fixed.

If it comes down to having to be a pest to get something noticed around here, as it seems, then a pest I shall be. :)
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight in particular (I'm guessing because of server load) I'm getting kicked from the game back to the log in screen with no error message received.
    Options
  •  Acemcfly101
    Acemcfly101
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno,‌

1.) Another thing for the UI portion of this list would be that toons with atypical characters in their name can not be interacted with in any way.

For example, I have and alt who's name is Víra <---(notice the accented letter 'i')
    When I am playing on this toon, people can not whisper me, but they can whisper my @UserID. She also does not come up in mail, can not receive friend requests, ect.

As you can imagine, this can be very aggravating and limiting to that character since almost the entire social aspect of this mmo is completely null and void for such characters until this is fixed. It also makes trying to take part in buying or selling in zone chat just plain silly. Forget about selling, and for buying... "Hey Dr McGillacuddy! I want some of those solvents! My @ User ID is blabalba! Can you try to get a hold of me?" ....Which then brings us to the separate issue with names not coming up like they're supposed to in wsp/mail but... that's more of a since-launch issue than an Update 4 one.

2.) Also, there is some other bug making toons go silent to the player. From what I've seen, other players can hear the toon but they appear silent to the player. They will have no voice, and certain skills and combat commands will also make no sound. This is DEFINATELY a bug from update 4 as a friend of mine reported it on the pts and it happened to me for the first time tonight. I'm just not sure of the specifics. I can confirm that it is NOT an area-specific audio anomaly. Sometimes, audio becomes muffled or blended at improper levels due to a certain area you are in and/or other conditions, but this is NOT the same issue. On the pts, I helped my friend test it extensively with relogging, fast traveling, ect.

3.)

Crafting & Economy
    • It appears that you're unable to deconstruct a glyph.
      • STATUS: Your inventory is likely full, but the game is not messaging this error. Working on a fix.

^Also, just to clarify: This is true, but the actual bug is that the enchanting craft system is not displaying any prompts at all. The prompt you normally receive when you attempt to decon a glyph with an insufficient number of open slots is one such prompt, but the issue is not specific to deconstruction. You will currently never get any type of prompt regarding the enchanting craft while in that menu. At least from what I've seen...
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I'm not. I could see where it was supposed to be just couldn't get there. I'm cool Zemi is the one f*cked up.
    Options
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no comment on STEALTH detection potions breaking invisibility?

I'm gunna keep coming to these threads and posting about this until a ZoS employee tells me the effect is intended and they plan to change the tooltip, or that it's not intended and it will be added to the thread and eventually fixed.

If it comes down to having to be a pest to get something noticed around here, as it seems, then a pest I shall be. :)

Good luck with that!! I have been asking for an update every few days every week for the past 5 weeks on the AoE cap/blobbing problem after Brian Wheeler said the combat team were looking at it, me and a guildie even asked on several times on the live twitch feed and we haven't had a single Dev comment on it.
    I wont be a pest in 16 days time tho.
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any status update on skill rollbacks?
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no update on Medium Armour passives?

It is all very well fixing Nightshade but the problem goes way beyond a single armour set as many people have tested and reported both here, on other threads and via /bug reports.

It leaves me with little confidence when so much efgort is taken to ignore a problem rather than acknowledging it and trying to resolve it!
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • jovial
    jovial
    ✭✭
    You'd think the game was still in beta. The night I log in for trials after a new patch and find that the amount of bugs, crashes, never ending loading screens, random FPS drops, lag, etc is actually REDUCED instead of INCREASED, I'll be a happy man.
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    It appears that Enchanting hirelings are (still) not delivering Kuta unless you have points in Extraction.
    Options
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »

What is skill rollback?
    Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Night's Silence 5-piece bonus - "Ignore movement penalty while sneaking"

WTF does that mean? If I get snared or slowed I get to keep moving the same turtle-paced sneak speed? But how can I sneak if I'm still in combat?

I spent a lot of time and effort gathering materials and leveling my crafting skills to build my armor set, and then you just go changing the most important bonus of the set all willy nilly?

Please stop pooping on my Nightblade and fix some of the actual problems like lack of consistent gameplay quality, constant framerate drops / crashes!

Seriously Zenimax - the way you prioritize these 'fixes' is baffling to me...
    Edited by davedesigns on September 22, 2014 1:46AM
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This means that sneaking, which incurs a movement penalty (i.e., is slower than normal walking), no longer does. You sneak at normal movement speed.

Other effects will be with respect to this normal movement speed starting point.
    Edited by Srugzal on September 22, 2014 12:30AM
    Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »

This means that sneaking, which incurs a movement penalty (i.e., is slower than normal walking), no longer does. You sneak at normal movement speed.

Other effects will be with respect to this normal movement speed starting point.

That's how it USED to work before the patch:

Walking at normal speed - crouch and movement speed slows down - detection eye icon closes - movement speed goes back up to normal walking speed

Now it just stays at the slower crouching speed...
    Options
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    Insane crash in Cyrodiil is not "known issue" ?

Maybe we need another 50 threads and thousands posts so ZOS can find one...
    Aknight
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally find it offensive that ZOS doesn't have the integrity to even add the constant crashing in and out of Cyrodiil since the patch to their "known issues" thread, even after hundreds of reports.
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »

That's how it USED to work before the patch:

Walking at normal speed - crouch and movement speed slows down - detection eye icon closes - movement speed goes back up to normal walking speed

Now it just stays at the slower crouching speed...

You're misunderstanding what's happening here with this set and what the problem is. Two things are going on that you are confusing as one thing going on. Those two things are:

A. The set has been changed and worded differently.

B. The set for completely other reasons is broken.

In other words, Non-functioning. Not working as intended. Not doing what it's supposed to. Not doing anything at all. It has been stated that a fix is coming next patch.

The fellow you quoted was simply explaining what was happening in point A., how the set was changed and how it would behave if it were functioning properly.

Once the set has been fixed the wording of the set will be the same, but we'll actually see similar stealth speed bonuses to what we saw before it was changed and broken altogether, the speed bonus that was intended when it changed in 1.4.3 but was broken instead.

I hope that has made things clear. Don't fret, just wait til next patch when the fix is and you'll have your stealth speed set (if you're not a vampire, of course.)
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on September 22, 2014 4:27AM
    Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Once the set has been fixed the wording of the set will be the same, but we'll actually see similar stealth speed bonuses to what we saw before it was changed and broken altogether, the speed bonus that was intended when it changed in 1.4.3 but was broken instead.

I hope that has made things clear. Don't fret, just wait til next patch when the fix is and you'll have your stealth speed set (if you're not a vampire, of course.)

Ah thanks for clearing that up! So what exactly is the intended effect supposed to be?

Yeesh, patch tomorrow, hopefully this will be taken care of...
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    themizario wrote: »
    Mitrenga wrote: »

What is skill rollback?

some of the skills are rollingback like 50 to 49, 25 to 24.
    Options
  • b-l-a-d-eb16_ESO
    - Cyrodiil Doors often dont work - You cant press E.
    The game doesnt offer this option. You have to restart game. Then the door works again.

- Some PVP-Sets in Cyrodiil dont have an amulet but 2 kinds of Rings e.g. Cyrodiils Light. Band & Ring are both Rings. One of that should be an amulett.

- Ballistas dont work from time to time you cant press E. They are unusable and lost.

- Ballistas dont work - since Patch 4 you cant Aim. You have to press ALT and E and ALT and E or deconstruct and rebuild. Sometimes you need 5-6 minutes until you have the "green arrow" to aim.

- You cant attack. From time to time you get a bug - 90% in Cyrodiil - that you cant do anything. No Skill - No normal attack. Smash all your buttons and dodge around fixes the Problem after a while.

- Weapon Change is ***. Mainly in Cyrodiil Weapon Change has huge delay or does not work from time to time.

- CTD - since Patch4 the count of Crash to Desktop increased rapidly. In Cyrodiil you get 2-3 CTD per 30 Mins.

- ShieldRun hits you even when you dodge it.

Edited by b-l-a-d-eb16_ESO on September 22, 2014 10:32AM
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spectre ' s Eye set bonus is activating not just when you use a spell, but when you begin to sprint, begin to sneak, open inventory, plus a few more.
    Options