Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• Avath
    Avath
    Is anyone else having issues getting stuck with the mouse pointer on? By which I mean you have the cursor on screen all the time, and can't turn around / pan the camera etc.

Sometimes I can get out of it by going in/out of other random menus, but that's not a reliable solution.

FYI I've been using an addon free game in this instance, so there's nothing 3rd party that could be playing up with this.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    press the full stop on the keyboard will switch UI modes.
    Is that what you mean ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Suprise Attack or Killer Blade Change since New Update.

Prior to the new update I could kill a VR6 Enemy with a two strike combo of 1 strike Suprise Attack followed up with 1 strike Killer Blade. Since the new update this is no longer possible. It now takes one strike Suprise Attack and two strikes Killer Blade to accomplish the kill. Whats up ZOS.

Nothing has changed on my end. I use a combo of sword and dagger for the Weapon Damage and Weapon Cit Buffs. In addition both have Precise traits and enchanted with Decreased Health which gives 39 Unresistable Damage.
    Both the Sword and Dagger are VR14 with 146 WPN Damage. Prior to update I had VR12 Sword and Dagger which gave out 143 Wpn Damage. Both are crafted Hundings Rage for the addition 4% wpn crit. My statistics are

Weapon Damage total 212+10 which is over the 202 softcap and a Weapon Critical 53.1%.

For an added kicker if I switch out the dagger and put in another sword then I get the two strike combo kill. Dah?

Also with my bow I was averaging 1610 DPS with a combo of Reapers Mark and Focus Aim. Since the new patch it goes up and down but never above 1559 DPS.

That tells me two things either its a Weapon Critical issue or Weapon Damage issue. One or the other is no longer working as intended.

In a nutshell the constant issues with every update is totally unsatisfactory. Folks are paying to play this game and expect it to be somewhat bug free. ZOS all you are accomplishing is to continually break skills and abilities that were working or add additional issues.

I play a Nightblade and dread every update. Again Nightblade skills have taken a hit.

This needs to be addressed and fixed and not buried like so many other reported issues are.

THIS PROBLEM WAS SOLVED BY ADDING A SPELL DAMAGE ENCHANTMENT TO A RING SINCE SURPRISE ATTACK AND KILLER BLADE RELY ON MAGICKA.
    APPARENTLY FROM READING ANOTHER THREAD ZOS AND INCREASED THE SPELL RESIST ON ENEMY NPC'S. WHEN I USED ANOTHER SWORD IN PLACE OF THE DAGGER THE SWORD COMPENSATED FOR THE SPELL RESIST INCREASE. SO WITH MY SPELL DAMAGE INCREASE USING A SWORD AND DAGGER COMBO I WAS BACK TO A TWO STRIKE KILL USING SURPRISE ATTACK FOLLOWED UP WITH KILLER BLADE. HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE ELSE THAT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM......................

Edited by Palidon on September 19, 2014 2:18PM
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slbrgt wrote: »
    Many people have a problem with the Firebrand Keep questline in Stormhaven. After recruiting the four knights, and returning to sir Edmund, the quest 'Retaking Firebrand Keep' is not offered by Edmund.
    This actually just got hotfixed, so you will now be able to progress through that quest.

How about a list of all the unannounced changes in the last hotfix, including the ones that you've publically admitted to (as above), the ones that users have discovered but have not been acknowledged, and... the rest of them?

What is the upside of not telling us, anyway?
    Edited by Srugzal on September 19, 2014 2:45PM
    Options
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is mentioned here before, but I don't like having to confirm deletion of every e-mail, even after I have taken the attachments included. As of patch 1.4 I have an extra prompt for each deletion, delete (X) and confirm (E). I think it is obvious to everyone that deleting something means it will no longer be available. I completely agree that preventing unintentional deletion of items is good, but preventing the deletion of e-mails? Please, I get 6 to 16 e-mails just from my hirelings daily, I don't want those cluttering my inbox.

If it has been mentioned, I don't see it in the OP, so maybe it is not a bug, but working as intended? If so, I really do not like this change, don't see any use for it. Maybe once, just like every 'tip', but not each and every time. Deleting an item will cause it to be unavailable? You don't say? :wink:

Almost forgot to mention, I had an infinite loading screen earlier today, or at least a loading screen that took so long I just logged off. Haven't bothered to log back in yet, so don't know if this was a one-off.
    Edited by AlyennahsCrafting on September 19, 2014 2:47PM
    When Alyennnah is not here, she's probably crafting. Quite possibly at Alyennah's Crafting in Wayrest. Or maybe she's out there, looking for new materials, recipes and styles to use in crafting. She wants to craft all the things.
    Options
  • Avath
    Avath
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Is that what you mean ?

Yeah, that's the one. It's great at switching into pointer mode, but I couldn't switch out of it :(
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avath wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Is that what you mean ?

Yeah, that's the one. It's great at switching into pointer mode, but I couldn't switch out of it :(

Perhaps related to the combat bar switching hanging ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, folks. We've updated the original post in this thread to include some of the fixes coming with patch 1.4.4 for some of the known issues, including Restoration Staff animation, vendors in Cyrodiil not selling gear above VR12, and empty containers in Wayrest Treasury.

We've also identified the issue with stealth detection radius appearing to be larger, and we're working on a fix. We'll provide an update as soon as we have one. Thanks for your patience!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    I just got my dark cloak seen through by stealth detection potions and killed AGAIN!! Come on ZoS, I've asked nicely. This is like the fifth time I'm bringing it back.

Can we PLEASE get any word on if this is an intended mechanic or not? And if not to get a spot on the known issues list? And if it is intended, to fix the damn potions tooltip so that it says that it reveals invisibility? Something.

I'm really getting tired of getting my invis seen through from 30m away when I think I'm safe, because someone had the forethought to buy potions that do more than their stated intended purpose.
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on September 19, 2014 4:29PM
    Options
  • Syee
    Syee
    I have 14% less magic Crit and Weapon Crit since the patch.... A lot of my guild has the same issue...
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got my dark cloak seen through by stealth detection potions and killed AGAIN!! Come on ZoS, I've asked nicely. This is like the fifth time I'm bringing it back.
    Detect potions have always worked against cloaked Nightblades. I'm fairly sure this is intended and I surely hope this is not going to be changed.

source: I am a Nightblade that is addicted to Detect potions.

Edited by Lava_Croft on September 19, 2014 5:49PM
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Detect potions have always worked against cloaked Nightblades. I'm fairly sure this is intended and I surely hope this is not going to be changed.

Then you missed the part where it said add it in to the tooltips. And for that matter, it should really affect batswarm invisibility and invisibility potions too, not sure if it does already. If all that occurs, I will be content.

Until then, something needs to be done, imho. I personally think magelight is enough of a counter to invisibility, but that's besides the point.

As of now the potion states only that it increases your stealth detection radius. That has nothing to do with invisibility.

Call it a revealing potion and add invisibility removal into the tooltip, or stop it from removing invisibility. One way or another, there's an issue here and it should be in the original post.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JasonLeavey admin
    12:17PM Staff Post
    Hey there, folks. We've updated the original post in this thread to include some of the fixes coming with patch 1.4.4 for some of the known issues, including Restoration Staff animation, vendors in Cyrodiil not selling gear above VR12, and empty containers in Wayrest Treasury.

We've also identified the issue with stealth detection radius appearing to be larger, and we're working on a fix. We'll provide an update as soon as we have one. Thanks for your patience!
    "THEY HAVE ALSO IDENTIFIED THE ISSUE WITH STEALTH DETECTION RADIUS APPEARING TO BE LARGER AND WE ARE WORKING ON A FIX".

First of all it is not appearing to be larger it is larger...... and the detection radius was working just fine prior to this update. So now they have to work on a fix and will provide an update as soon as possible? That is totally unsatisfactory and could of most likely been averted by better quality control and testing prior to the update going live. So if you read between the lines here, who knows when the stealth issue will be fixed if it is ever fixed.............

There are still numerous issues either not addressed or still being worked on from update 3 and now with update 4 a whole bunch more issues that have to be worked on. WHEN WILL IT END..............................................
    Options
  • Srau
    Srau
    Soul Shriven
    I used to be a Nightblade like you. Then i took an arrow in the knee ...
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srau wrote: »

Don't laugh, ZOS will eventually get tired of breaking the Nightblade Class and Skill line and divert its attention to another Class and Skill line. Who knows it just might be yours................

Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be a Nightblade like you. Then i took a patch to the knee ...

Couldn't resist
    Edited by phreatophile on September 19, 2014 7:42PM
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AmeliaR‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

I still do not see Dark Cloak breaking Concealed Weapon movement bonus. I also do not see any acknowledgement that Streak has been broken for quite sometime and forcing people to log out to fix. These need to be addressed.

After using Streak back to back the animation happens, the mana cost happens but I do not move. It is like Streaking in place. The only way to fix it is to log out. Reloadui does not work for me, zoning does not work for me.

If you are receiving the Concealed Weapon bonus for movement the moment I pop Dark Cloak the speed breaks and stays gone when Dark Cloak is removed. I have to either restealth or log out. Both of these solutions are getting me killed.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Apothecy
    Apothecy
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like the head bob in first-person view (minus when walking backwards). It's more immersive for me. Couldn't there be an option to toggle head bob on and off in the options menu rather than removing it entirely?
    Main: Imperial -- Nightblade -- LVL 50
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Platform: PC
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even the people who normally pop on to defend ZOS are strangely silent in this thread.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Nightblades have such high survivability and OP buffs that other classes need something that can even the playing field. I don't think Nightblades should even have invisibility. Wouldn't it be so much cooler if they sparkled instead?
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »

Don't laugh, ZOS will eventually get tired of breaking the Nightblade Class and Skill line and divert its attention to another Class and Skill line. Who knows it just might be yours................
    But not the sorcerer. It's the only class that they nailed. What they should do is just take all the sorcerer abilities and just add different effects to match the class. It would be a huge improvement for the nightblade at least.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad how you have to stop playing ESO on a friday night because even if you get the chance to play inbetween all the crashes and forced relogging, the game just performs horribly and my Nightblade is kind of ***.

This is not why I pay a monthly fee.
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, had high hopes for this game... don't think the people at ZOS will ever get it right in their thick heads.

PvP is unplayable on such a scale that I haven't encountered before. I'm getting all of the good stuff in one patch:

- crashes
    - endless loading screens
    - fps dropping below 10

PvE is also completely broken since some of my guildies were doing a dungeon earlier today, don't remember what exactly went wrong, something about the boss being invisible, broken mechanics or something... but I do remember some of them raging out. So I don't think that needs an explanation.

Anyway, I learned one lesson from this company, and that is to never buy from them again.

Some people may say it's still a new game, but it's been 6 months since release and gods know how many months since alpha/beta testing. Most of this *** should be fixed by now.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on September 19, 2014 10:04PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • kozz
    kozz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a Nightblade that uses both Shadowy Disguise to get out of trouble and Rapid Strikes for restoring Magicka and Stamina via Siphoning Attacks. Now both of those skills are bugged and my whole playing style is broken: I constantly run out of Magicka & Stamina and get hit while entering invisibility.
    Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to go negative but a confession of professional misconduct after each content update fails to mitigate them, both incidentally and as a persistent pattern.

Even a studio with no prior experience in online games should understand what regression testing means.

What I need to see is not a mea culpa topic after each and every update. What I need to see is a commitment to organizational change, with specifics and a date of compliance.

1. Full regression testing of each update prior to release.

2. Implementation of Quality Assurance as such, not as play testing or as product acceptance. This must include veto power for the head of QA over any release.

3. Feature lists approved by the head of community management and created in consultation with the community management team. Like the old days. You have some great community people serving this game and my sense is that they're not part of the development team. I hope I'm wrong.

Being a member of a live team is customer service work anyway. Forgive my tone but I'm not feeling served. Heck, there are broken quest chains after this patch I'm not even seeing listed.

Each customer reported snafu in this topic not listed in the original post should be an embarrassment to the organization. Instead it's become customary. Unbelievable.
    ^what she said
    Options
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I checked start post so I'm gonna write down what I noticed..

# Quest "Keeper of Bones" bugged: Can't enter Heart of Barrowbough, you are stuck in the door
    # Quest Spindleclutch Veteran: Step "Search for Ata'var" bugged, NPC cannot be found in marked area or anywhere else
    # noticed more "Loading Screens of death"
    # Worldboss "Thugrub's Cave" stuck in rocks, fight resets if you don't hit him fast enough (Vet Grahtwood)
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
    Options
  • Drjones501
    I'm having Mixed feelings concerning all this right now. It's like having your significant other make you a perfect sandwich, and then as they proudly hand it to you, sneeze all over the damn thing.
    Hasek
    V13 Templar healer
    Mawlbrung
    46 Night Blade Vampy
    Assassin Brotherhood, DC NA server
    Options
  •  Acemcfly101
    Acemcfly101
    ✭✭
    There have been several other bugs not listed here that were caused by the update. Many of which have been on the PTS forever and I personally submitted /bug reports for on the PTS like a month ago.

-I see people already posted the UI error of online status (and it appears to have been fixed).

-There were also multiple errors with whispering people, such as UI errors when you click the person's name and those seem to almost all be fixed, HOWEVER I have found that one of my toons can not be whispered. I am definitely online, and people can wsp me by typing my @UserID, but not that particular toons name. Not sure if I'm missing something.

-During the "plea for help on the PTS" I also reported a bug that occurs where a weapon will go into the apparel category and a shield will go into the weapon category. This happens when you have Dual Wield equipped, and you go into apparel and click to equip a shield (causing it to replace the offhand weapon). At first you'll think you lost the weapon, but it is actually in the Apparel section. Relogging will reset the error.

When that push for help on the pts was happening, I convinced my friend to come along and submit some of her first /bug reports as she experienced bugs. We found a few more than I submitted here. (She found one with making a new toon and losing audio... I'm not sure how that works.) But... I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but I have to ask:

So, what was the point of the "Plea for help on the PTS" if Update 4 was just gonna go live a month later with ALL the /bugged errors still included?
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, what was the point of the "Plea for help on the PTS" if Update 4 was just gonna go live a month later with ALL the /bugged errors still included?

It's because ZOS values being able to state that they are able to stick with their 4-6 week patch timeframe. Unfortunately, they value that more than a quality product. This patch was rushed and not tested properly by their in-house QA team.

I would have rather have received an honest and transparent "Hey, the patch just isn't in a state of quality that our customers deserve. We are going to need some extra time. Thanks folks."

Options
  • Farkaz
    Farkaz
    ✭✭
    NB Skills:
    Siphoning Strikes doesn't proc when hitting enemy player with damage shield on.
    Aspect of Terror enemy players are running away holding block

Armor set:
    Spectre's Eye set proc on any action (block, srpint etc.)

Options