Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• pssyfngr3
    pssyfngr3
    zazamalek wrote: »
    @pssyfngr3‌ @tinythinker‌ @SteveCampsOut there is a workaround for the offline bug:
    • Install the ZAM Notebook addon
    • Type /znb in console to bring it up
    • Create a note called "Online" and type:
    SelectPlayerStatus(1)

• Create a note called "Appear Offline" and type:
    SelectPlayerStatus(4)

• When you want to change your status, select one of these saved notes and hit the button to run it as a lua script

Edit: or just type one of these into your chat box:
    /script SelectPlayerStatus(1)
    /script SelectPlayerStatus(4)

Source

@zazamalek‌, thanks for the information! I applied the code and it set my status as online. Hopefully it worked for other people, who were stuck in offline mode.
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pssyfngr3‌

Did it work "exactly" as typed in the yellow boxes?

/ script SelectPlayerStatus (1)

or

Several people are saying it didn't work and ZOS is posting different versions of the command.

The text above looks like it has a space between the SelectPlayerStatus and the (1). That is the way I first used it and it worked but several @ZOS and the source are showing it without a space.
    Edited by SpAEkus on September 16, 2014 7:53PM
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, just updated the first post again to include the issue of getting knocked completely out of stealth. This, along with the projectiles breaking Nightblades out of stealth, are both being fixed in patch 1.4.4.

Still no mention of stealth being completely broken.

And are you people serious ? Fixed in 1.4.4 ? When does that drop ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ? This is absolutely unacceptable. You break the game (again) for a large portion of your player base, and can only "fix" it at some future unspecified date..so basically saying " deal with it til we can be bothered to fix it!" These issues need a hotfix. Zeni devs should be working round the clock trying to fix these issues, like many other mmo devs would be for their PAYING CUSTOMERS.
    Options
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is patch 1.4.4 ??
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pssyfngr3 wrote: »
    zazamalek wrote: »
    @pssyfngr3‌ @tinythinker‌ @SteveCampsOut there is a workaround for the offline bug:
    • Install the ZAM Notebook addon
    • Type /znb in console to bring it up
    • Create a note called "Online" and type:
    SelectPlayerStatus(1)

• Create a note called "Appear Offline" and type:
    SelectPlayerStatus(4)

• When you want to change your status, select one of these saved notes and hit the button to run it as a lua script

Edit: or just type one of these into your chat box:
    /script SelectPlayerStatus(4)

Source

@zazamalek‌, thanks for the information! I applied the code and it set my status as online. Hopefully it worked for other people, who were stuck in offline mode.
    Why do we have to be programmers in order play this game? I have never played an MMO that required so much work on the part of the player base just to play it. Seriously.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • patkiahb14_ESO
    patkiahb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    bunnytrix wrote: »
    Ok, just updated the first post again to include the issue of getting knocked completely out of stealth. This, along with the projectiles breaking Nightblades out of stealth, are both being fixed in patch 1.4.4.

Still no mention of stealth being completely broken.

And are you people serious ? Fixed in 1.4.4 ? When does that drop ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ? This is absolutely unacceptable. You break the game (again) for a large portion of your player base, and can only "fix" it at some future unspecified date..so basically saying " deal with it til we can be bothered to fix it!" These issues need a hotfix. Zeni devs should be working round the clock trying to fix these issues, like many other mmo devs would be for their PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Completely agree here... We need an update... not an "It will be fixed..."
    Funny thing here is you hold us to a EULA agreement etc AND we pay you $15 a month in sub/service fees. If this was a contract your SLA's would be *** and require refunding. Never forget WE are paying YOU for a service... give us some answers or ETA's and not throw all of your paying subscribers under the rug with an answer that it will be taken care of in some patch that has no ETA.

Don't get me wrong... I love the game, but your communication sucks at this point in time.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Spoke too soon! Night's Silence will also be fixed in 1.4.4.
    Uummm......... fire animation completed turned off? At least for me in Cyrodiil...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question here. When you say "Will be fixed in patch 1.4.4", are we talking about next Tuesday (EU server)?

You simply broke my main, so I will probably have no desire to log and do anything in game. It will be a nice experiment. Does this game have what it takes to make me log again, after I have to find other stuff to do with my gaming time for a week? We shall see.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know you're just the messenger but, you're pretty much saying that Nightblades cannot really be played as intended until the next patch? The part that upsets me the most is that you had so many of us pleading with you not to touch the Night's Silence stacking with Vampirism. Not only was that decided to be a priority over say...actually fixing Nightblade stealth, but now it seems like stealth is worse than it's ever been. Why could you not have left it the way it was? As it was pointed out numerous times it had no advantage outside of moving fast in stealth. It wasn't something that could be exploited and it was actually one of the most immersive things for me personally playing as a vampire. Certainly more so than blood flying at my face(?) to feed. The only argument against it was from people complaining that their horses were not faster than people in stealth. With all of the serious issues plaguing this game that was what was focused on. And now nobody can use stealth especially the class that was designed to be stealth based. Seriously??
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

I know you're just the messenger but, you're pretty much saying that Nightblades cannot really be played as intended until the next patch? The part that upsets me the most is that you had so many of us pleading with you not to touch the Night's Silence stacking with Vampirism. Not only was that decided to be a priority over say...actually fixing Nightblade stealth, but now it seems like stealth is worse than it's ever been. Why could you not have left it the way it was? As it was pointed out numerous times it had no advantage outside of moving fast in stealth. It wasn't something that could be exploited and it was actually one of the most immersive things for me personally playing as a vampire. Certainly more so than blood flying at my face(?) to feed. The only argument against it was from people complaining that their horses were not faster than people in stealth. With all of the serious issues plaguing this game that was what was focused on. And now nobody can use stealth especially the class that was designed to be stealth based. Seriously??

I can't agree more! I guess Im going to try Archeage, maybe THEY want my money.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rook75 wrote: »

I can't agree more! I guess Im going to try Archeage, maybe THEY want my money.

Seriously looking at that game is what I was hoping ESO was going to be. What I didn't think ESO was going to be.
    1. Themepark
    2. Class based
    3. Riddled with game breaking bugs
    4. A grind fest to max level
    5. Completely ignoring your player base and when actually responding giving cryptic answers that often create more qustions

I still hope for this game but based on what I have seen so far I'm starting to wonder if it's not just better to move on. I have spent the last two weeks playing Skyrim where stealth and invisibility function normally. Where I can summon creatures from oblivion and /gasp also use invisibility. I swear I don't think any of the devs have ever even played a TES game.

** Edit** Also ArcheAge is F2P, so there really isn't any reason not to try it.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on September 16, 2014 8:27PM
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First patch after a content update is typically the Thursday of the same week.
    Options
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok everyone, just went through and pulled additional issues to investigate, and updated the first post with confirmed known issues. This includes the head bob in first-person view

But... I thought that was a new feature? I like the first person head bob...
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should revert to 1.3.5 or whatever and try again next week or whenever the QC has actually been done.
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players on the PTS do provide feedback on these bugs and other things but Zeni just ignores them and rolls out the patch with the bugs and pretends these things are all new news.
    Options
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    oh please a new and improved group bug, courtesy of the A++ QA.

3 people join a group, briefly there is a lead, then there is no lead. in an instanced area, cannot invite 4th....

my "/bug" button is worn out, you are not going to answer or fix it any time soon anyway...
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHAT ABOUT the concelaed weapons skill not providing the 25% bonus to stealth speed after this patch. No mention of this broken skill in your growing list of things needing to be fixed!
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The Nightblade cloak abilities need to be Fixed ASAP, and definitely sooner than Dragonstar Arena.

Think about it, 1/4 of all characters (all your Nightblades are broken) this could be 25% of your population in the game, if not more. I know, I am one of them.

A Hotfix is needed, if not then Patch1.4.4 better be on Thursday 9/18/14 at 8AM for NA if you are not gonna do a Hot fix for these things.

Thank you for your time and hard work.
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on September 16, 2014 9:24PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Containers in the Wayrest Treasury are always empty.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , This appears to affect, specifically, all of the Desk, Trunk, Nightstand, and Backpack containers in the entire Stormhaven zone.
    It looks like a loot table issue to me, since the containers register as lootable, but upon activation, no loot is obtained.
    Options
  • Fellwitch
    Fellwitch
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is reported already. I tried searching for "werewolf" and there is some dude that has werewolf written like 6 times in his signature and also happens to post non-stop so the search function failed.

Issue - Turning into a werewolf when more than one mob is around you causes the model to glitch out and you remain a human but with werewolf skills for the duration. I am a werewolf berserker so I do not know if this applies to base or just this morph.

p.s. The server on EU side seems extremely responsive tonight. :)
    Options
  • ZOS_AlvinM
    ZOS_AlvinM
    ✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time to post feedback, we're listening. While we recognize that some forum members may be frustrated, we do not tolerate abusive language or disruptive behavior on our forums. This goes for abusive and disruptive comments and behavior that are directed at a ZeniMax Online employee and ESO community member, alike. Please remember to be respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, and help us maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_AlvinM‌

Then be responsive. Remember we PAY your companies bills.
    Options
  • Nightstrider
    Ah the nightblade... so much promise, so much fail. Always getting the short end of the stick. Hotfix for the CORE SKILL of nightblades? Screw that. We need to fix the arena!!! Nightblades have been broken since beta, they can wait further.

I think I'm done waiting. Really.

Effective Nightblades in PvE use crouch-stealth (An everyman skill), and open with WEAPON abilities (everyman skills) because they OUTDAMAGE nightblade abilities.

Effective Nightblades in PvP use crouch stealth (An everyman ability), and weapon skills (mostly bow and DW), because... THEY'RE better than nightblade abilities!!!

Here's specifically what's wrong with nightblades:

I mostly play by myself in Thornblade every night for 2-4 hours MAX. Usually 3 or less. I'm placed within the top 100 every campaign for my solo activities among the AP farmers, Emperor farmers, and 18 hour-a-day players. I know what I'm doing.

My first skill bar has Dark Cloak on it, and concealed weapon. The rest are skills everybody can have (weapon, fighter's guild). My Ultimate is an every-man skill. Concealed weapon is ONLY on there for a stealth speed passive.

My second skill bar is bow. This one doesn't have a SINGLE nightblade ability on it.

So what's wrong with nightblades? My nightblade, that racks up 100s of kills in a few hours of playing, can be made from ANY CLASS as a base. It's not a nightblade. It's a weapon-class. Take away Dark Cloak, and it's not a nightblade at all.

And this patch did just that. Along with crouch stealth.

And it doesn't even merit a hotfix.

Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No mention of the HUGE audio bug being fixed in the next update. Where the audio cuts out after playing for one hour and you no longer have any sound effects.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, my UI error isn't related to online status, but trying to discard inventory items.

oQgus40.jpg

Starts happening at random, even as soon as logging in.

I get this too - with outdated addons. If you turn your addons off this error stops. Then just turn addons back on 1 at a time to find which one is causing the prob.

Incorrect. I got this as soon as I logged in from update, with all addons automatically disabled. If you read the lines, none of the errors come from addon directories, but ESO primary UI directory.

v8NhE0q.jpg

This is a picture of errors that come from addons. Here you can see the very start of the error location line is User:Addons, not esoUI. esoUI is the games default UI system. Installing addons does not alter those files.

the errors with changing their online status, which probably everyone will get, originates from the default UI as well, which is also shown from the provided pictures.

The error with discarding items and changing online status are a result of API changes without them making necessary UI changes as well.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on September 16, 2014 11:00PM
    Options
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep , thanks for ruining my campaign I was almost top 10 and now I cant do anything. I spent my day grinding my levels because frankly my NB is borked.
    I actually thought this would have merited a hotfix but it seems PvE comes first again.
    I actually cant see any reason whatsoever with the past patch performances why on earth would you implement fixes that were not even on the PTS.
    Maybe its time to move on.
    Options
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »

You need more fiber in your diet
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

The text above looks like it has a space between the SelectPlayerStatus and the (1). That is the way I first used it and it worked but several @ZOS and the source are showing it without a space.

Spaces or no spaces around parentheses are irrelevant, important is /script (no space after the slash), then one or more spaces, then SelectPlayerStatus (no spaces between words)
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I've noticed since Update 4: The game crashes when my character is running and I try to access the quickslot menu.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, please add to the list:

Sprint sometimes jumps back and forth between first and third person mode.

Lightning Form also jumps back and forth between first and third person mode.

Lightning Form sound effect is greatly reduced. No initial jolt, no crackle.

For the 3 chances at rune extraction, glyphs appear to be producing fewer runes, not more.

This happens when you have your weapon equipped. When sheathed sprinting will stay in first person POV. This "flickering" has been giving me a massive headache, and running around the landscape with the weapon sheathed is not conducive to living long.
    Options