Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS / Gina,

Will you please acknowledge whether the stealth detection radius issues are either being researched, already known to be related to the other stealth issues or minimally that you see our posts regarding.

This issue has been observed by many including myself and it's not yet on the post 1.4 issues list. So just want to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Thanks
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like to ask that you acknowledge many of us having issues with stealth radius. There are quite a few of us who would like to know whats going on with it.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ZOS / Gina,

Will you please acknowledge whether the stealth detection radius issues are either being researched, already known to be related to the other stealth issues or minimally that you see our posts regarding.

This issue has been observed by many including myself and it's not yet on the post 1.4 issues list. So just want to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Thanks
    Yes, this is something that we are currently looking into, and have seen the threads describing the issue. We're still working on nailing down what's causing this, but we'll add it to the original post so everyone knows we are, at the very least, investigating the problem.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    slbrgt wrote: »
    Many people have a problem with the Firebrand Keep questline in Stormhaven. After recruiting the four knights, and returning to sir Edmund, the quest 'Retaking Firebrand Keep' is not offered by Edmund.
    This actually just got hotfixed, so you will now be able to progress through that quest.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    User settings have been unintentionally reset.
    You will need to set any of your settings again, which includes keybindings, gameplay, camera, interface, and social. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.
    Unintentionally?

Just... wow. :|
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you please add to the list that the Concealed Weapon skill is broken becuase it no longer provides the stealthed speed boost.

This could be tied to the night embrace set stacking nerf but it also may be a stand alone issue and should be on the list.

Thanks
  • sirjohndeluxeb16_ESO
    cyrodiil vendors were not updated. please add blue vr14 bags.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »
    User settings have been unintentionally reset.
    You will need to set any of your settings again, which includes keybindings, gameplay, camera, interface, and social. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.
    Unintentionally?

Just... wow. :|

This happens to me with each major update. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] We've seen reports that the stealth detection radius appears to be larger after the latest update.

From what i've seen in the various threads about the issue with stealth, it seems more like the issue is with passives not functioning.

For example: In the thread below, the player describes a test where 2 characters with vastly differing levels of skill at stealth are getting detected at the same distance. The character with maxed out passives ought to be able to get within kissing distance w/o the eye opening.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131931/nightblades-stealth-completely-broken-with-proof/p1

Although: In the thread below, the player is having issues with detection even when wearing a disguise. All the time, not just close to a torch bearing sentry.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1274641#Comment_1274641

Edited for clarity
    Edited by phreatophile on September 18, 2014 4:54PM
  • Orihara_Izaya
    Orihara_Izaya
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Any plans to look into the CTD for many players in Cyrodil? Lot's of people are crashing even with powerful computers ever since the update. The only error that we receive is that ESO has stopped responding and then crashes.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS / Gina,

Thanks

I would also like to acknowledge this. The issue needs to be addressed and fixed. Come on ZOS.

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suprise Attack or Killer Blade Change since New Update.

Prior to the new update I could kill a VR6 Enemy with a two strike combo of 1 strike Suprise Attack followed up with 1 strike Killer Blade. Since the new update this is no longer possible. It now takes one strike Suprise Attack and two strikes Killer Blade to accomplish the kill. Whats up ZOS.

Nothing has changed on my end. I use a combo of sword and dagger for the Weapon Damage and Weapon Cit Buffs. In addition both have Precise traits and enchanted with Decreased Health which gives 39 Unresistable Damage.
    Both the Sword and Dagger are VR14 with 146 WPN Damage. Prior to update I had VR12 Sword and Dagger which gave out 143 Wpn Damage. Both are crafted Hundings Rage for the addition 4% wpn crit. My statistics are

Weapon Damage total 212+10 which is over the 202 softcap and a Weapon Critical 53.1%.

For an added kicker if I switch out the dagger and put in another sword then I get the two strike combo kill. Dah?

Also with my bow I was averaging 1610 DPS with a combo of Reapers Mark and Focus Aim. Since the new patch it goes up and down but never above 1559 DPS.

That tells me two things either its a Weapon Critical issue or Weapon Damage issue. One or the other is no longer working as intended.

In a nutshell the constant issues with every update is totally unsatisfactory. Folks are paying to play this game and expect it to be somewhat bug free. ZOS all you are accomplishing is to continually break skills and abilities that were working or add additional issues.

I play a Nightblade and dread every update. Again Nightblade skills have taken a hit.

This needs to be addressed and fixed and not buried like so many other reported issues are.
    Edited by Palidon on September 18, 2014 10:52PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate to go negative but a confession of professional misconduct after each content update fails to mitigate them, both incidentally and as a persistent pattern.

Even a studio with no prior experience in online games should understand what regression testing means.

What I need to see is not a mea culpa topic after each and every update. What I need to see is a commitment to organizational change, with specifics and a date of compliance.

1. Full regression testing of each update prior to release.

2. Implementation of Quality Assurance as such, not as play testing or as product acceptance. This must include veto power for the head of QA over any release.

3. Feature lists approved by the head of community management and created in consultation with the community management team. Like the old days. You have some great community people serving this game and my sense is that they're not part of the development team. I hope I'm wrong.

Being a member of a live team is customer service work anyway. Forgive my tone but I'm not feeling served. Heck, there are broken quest chains after this patch I'm not even seeing listed.

Each customer reported snafu in this topic not listed in the original post should be an embarrassment to the organization. Instead it's become customary. Unbelievable.
    ZOS can you please hire this guy immediately?
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what this is or what it's related to but saw it earlier in Thornblade (NA).

Screenshot_20140917_093549.png

Those are the new flying mounts.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    As always thank you for you and the Devs efforts, and thank you for letting us pay to contribute to an awesome games further development.
    ~Sly
    Effort is such a strong word.
  • Morvoldo
    Morvoldo
    ✭✭
    None of my Keybinds work after this patch and half of my Mouse buttons now wont reconise in the interface.

cant we have a Global Profile for accounts that do addons, Keybinds and Settings as having to sort every character out is annoying.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashing 15 times in a single evening is borderline ridiculous. I am seriously starting to wonder what it is exactly that I am paying a monthly fee for.

Please hire people to actually test the patches you put out, because every single content update so far has resulted in nothing but trouble for people in Cyrodiil.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unbelievable just how much you managed to break this time; are patches every play tested prior to release?
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • patott01
    patott01
    Soul Shriven
    diverje wrote: »
    Also: for Mac, the /help still refers me to a screen that only renders the words "Knowledge base" and nothing else. This issue occurred for 1.3.x as well but not before. I've conferred with support regarding this issue and had no luck performing a repair, DNS resets and so forth.

I haven't seen this rain issue throughout 1.3.x, but now when I log in on 1.4 – I think it has regressed. Attached is an image... black ground – yay!

2gwcdox.png

I'm having this graphic issue too with my Mac.
  • Drjones501
    The far shores quest (main story line for DC in bangkorai) is bugged at the Septima Tharn fight. She either gets stuck on the column or on the ground and I cannot hit her. I have dropped the quest several times, submitted bug reports, etc with no luck OR RESPONSE. My character is stuck progressing to coldharbour and then veteran content due to this bugged quest since I'm assuming the 1.4 update.
    Hasek
    V13 Templar healer
    Mawlbrung
    46 Night Blade Vampy
    Assassin Brotherhood, DC NA server
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing with my lvl 49 caster NB alt. and it has just happened: I levelled my Assassination to 21 and saw the marker "increased to 21" on screen. Pointed up my passive (+1,5% crit) and moved on. Then after 10 mins, I was about to log off and checked my skills; assassination was 20 and the passive I pointed up was grayed out (0/2).

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drjones501 wrote: »
    The far shores quest (main story line for DC in bangkorai) is bugged at the Septima Tharn fight. She either gets stuck on the column or on the ground and I cannot hit her. I have dropped the quest several times, submitted bug reports, etc with no luck OR RESPONSE. My character is stuck progressing to coldharbour and then veteran content due to this bugged quest since I'm assuming the 1.4 update.

I had the same problem. I forced quit, retook the quest after 30 mins etc. tried every step but none of them worked. Then a friend of mine suggested to group up and enter the zone. We grouped up after taking the same quest and entered Septima's zone. Everything worked out good and we were able to kill her.

I hope it helps.
    Edited by Mitrenga on September 19, 2014 2:09AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine Zeni, FINE! You win!

I won't play your damned game anymore.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL got knockdown by an enemy. When I got back up I fell below the level of the cave.
    This brings me memories back when this game launch and I kept falling every time I walk across a bridge or walk into a building.

Chilling in another dimension watching the enemies.

Screenshot_20140918_220605_zps755a8e8f.png

Looking at the sea of nothingness

Screenshot_20140918_220633_zps9055938e.png

Brings back memories. Good times. Good times.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on September 19, 2014 2:40PM
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    I have this bug since path where i fall through ground when i log back in on a character. After this two things can happen: I die or I am teleported to the nearest wayshrine. Mostly happens when i logout at bank or craftingstation. Please fix :smiley:
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted this over at CS but since this is only an issue since 1.4 patch I wanna put it here as well since I see it's not there is another progressing quest affected listed now:
    Hey everyone. My wife was going through the EP quest "Fighting Back" in west Deshaan, she took the path that leads to the quest "A Timely Manner" where you are supposed to blow a whistle in front of a house.

The problem is when she pushed 'e' to use the whistle when prompted, it say "you don't meet the requirement". Same thing happens when trying to use it from inventory.

She tried fully quitting/closing the game and coming back, logging, /reloadui, and dropping the quest and reacquiring it. No change. I tried Googling it, but only got a bunch of links talking about needing to fix bugs in a timely manner. Little to nothing on the actual quest.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    I PvP'd a bit, one thing I noticed, combat (Especially PvP for me) has taken a huge step back... super laggy and unresponsive. Got booted (CTD) 3 times. Just seems/feels like a huge step back from 1.3.5.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a look at the awkward run animation with resto staff and I really don't mind it. Looks better if you ask me.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to go negative but a confession of professional misconduct after each content update fails to mitigate them, both incidentally and as a persistent pattern.

Even a studio with no prior experience in online games should understand what regression testing means.

What I need to see is not a mea culpa topic after each and every update. What I need to see is a commitment to organizational change, with specifics and a date of compliance.

2. Implementation of Quality Assurance as such, not as play testing or as product acceptance. This must include veto power for the head of QA over any release.

3. Feature lists approved by the head of community management and created in consultation with the community management team. Like the old days. You have some great community people serving this game and my sense is that they're not part of the development team. I hope I'm wrong.

Being a member of a live team is customer service work anyway. Forgive my tone but I'm not feeling served. Heck, there are broken quest chains after this patch I'm not even seeing listed.

Each customer reported snafu in this topic not listed in the original post should be an embarrassment to the organization. Instead it's become customary. Unbelievable.
    ZOS can you please hire this guy immediately?

In my opinion it is time for Damage Control on the part of who ever is in charge at ZOS. It time to make some employee changes.

• demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Word.

I especially feel it because every issue I've posted so far I feel has just gotten ignored. Some of them are repeat issues.

Saving this quote, gonna bring it up every now and then.