The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provisioning Revamp

• Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    So about your Stale ingredients thing. One way of rewarding the players that now know the recipes is maybe keeping the old foods and ingredients active, while removing them from the drop table. If the old foods produced some kind of interesting visual effect (useless in combat), they would quickly become a collectable item.
    Since no old mats or recipes for them would drop, the current supply would be eventually used up, but the current provisioners would get something out of it. (plus I would really like to be able to have a Holy Unattainable Sweetroll to show to guildies for generations to come) Everyone is happy.

If that seems like a lot of work, maybe a special achievement (with a dye) for lvl 50 provisioners before the change?
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see 1 change - add recipe drops to PvP bags or implement it somehow in PvP. Players who play this game mostly for PvP should also have chance to get recipes.
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    I have always said fishing should be the key to the best recipes. Fishing has been absolutely worthless thus far, other than achievement ***. I like fishing in RL. I like the idea of it here. I just want a reason to go out and wet my pole! ;)
  • jasdistefanob14_ESO
    Here are my opinions and comments about the current system and changes I would suggest.

1. This is a lore based comment. The current recipes only use one of each required ingredient for a recipe. First, this goes against all logic for recipes. For example, Crawfish Etouffee only uses one ONE crawfish. Nobody in their right mind would only put one crawfish in that dish. Recipes should be designed so they use multiple of the same basic ingredient (much like Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothing) for crafting an food/drink product. This would also help utilize more of the abundant ingredients found throughout the zones, which in turn would create a greater economy for such ingredients. Reduce the supply of ingredients through usage not through less available nodes (this keeps people happy because they won't feel upset looting empty nodes).

2. I believe that one drink and food product should be able to be used at the same time.

3. Personally, I do not think purple quality recipes are worth the stats they provide. Yes, the purple recipes buff all three stats, but they do so at a much lower amount. Most of my builds have always been focused on create a powerful toon in only one damage based attribute - Magicka or Stamina - but never both. The only toon that needs all three attributes is my tank (magicka for health regen, stamina for taunt, health for survivability). I actually prefer the blue quality recipes over the purples as the system stand right now. Please make the purple recipes more appealing and worth their time to actually search for or purchase.

4. It would be interesting to see recipes designed for other stats beside attributes and regen. For example, recipes that buff your armor or spell resistance (tanks), recipes that buff your weapon or spell power (dps/heal), or recipes that buff your crit rating ( crit dps/heal builds). Also, you can have recipes that buff one of the attributes and one of the damage/defense stats simultaneously. You could have a green recipe that buffs health, blue recipe that buffs health & armor, and purple recipe that buffs health, armor, and spell resistance. Just brainstorming here.

5. All items should be able to be found in the game environment - period. Having items that can only be found through using 3 skill points (tomatoes) is uncalled for and goes against the main design of the game - playing a character however we want to play. This limits characters severely. If you want to make it difficult to find certain materials then fine, but this is not the way to limit us. Make us go fishing like was the original plan for ingredients in some recipes. Come up with other mini-activities for finding ingredients similar to fishing such as hunting or farming.

6. Provisioning could be such a great system - rewarding but complex. You could combine the aspects of all of the other crafting systems into one. The level of a recipe could be based on main ingredient. So you could have one recipe that buffs health being upgraded by using more of one material, much like the gear crafting levels based on the amount of ore, wood, cloth. The more of the ingredient is used the better the buff in the final product. This would obviously need to have a max limit.

You could then change the quality (green, blue, purple) based on the quality of the base ingredient. So that same recipe could be green quality when using normal stock, but then using “filtered” stock would upgrade it to blue quality, and using “refined” stock for purple quality. This plays off the enchanting skill line where the different aspects determine the quality of the glyph.

Finally, you could then be able to add special high end ingredients to alter the final recipe’s stat buff. So that same recipe above could now have pepper added to it to add weapon crit power. Also, make it where you could add up to two special ingredients to make a product that buffs 3 different stats. So you could add pepper and salt to the recipe to buff weapon crit power and weapon crit chance. Overall, you would have a base recipe that could be used for character levels 10-15 that is leveled by the amount of main ingredient used. You would then add the base ingredient to determine the quality of the product which would also give better end results. Finally, add up to two special seasonings for adding additional stat buffs. This way you could make any type of recipe that best suits the character build.

Orc Stew: Increase Max Stamina
    VR Levels 1-4
    Requires: 2x Rabbit, 4x Rabbit, 6x Rabbit, & 8x Rabbit for levels VR1, VR2, VR3, VR4 respectfully.
    Requires: Unfiltered Stock, Filtered Stock, Refined Stock, or Condensed Stock for green, blue, purple, yellow quality
    Seasonings: Pepper for Increase Weapon Critical Power & Salt for Increase Weapon Critical Percentage
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my opinions and comments about the current system and changes I would suggest.

1. This is a lore based comment. The current recipes only use one of each required ingredient for a recipe. First, this goes against all logic for recipes. For example, Crawfish Etouffee only uses one ONE crawfish. Nobody in their right mind would only put one crawfish in that dish. Recipes should be designed so they use multiple of the same basic ingredient (much like Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothing) for crafting an food/drink product. This would also help utilize more of the abundant ingredients found throughout the zones, which in turn would create a greater economy for such ingredients. Reduce the supply of ingredients through usage not through less available nodes (this keeps people happy because they won't feel upset looting empty nodes).

2. I believe that one drink and food product should be able to be used at the same time.

3. Personally, I do not think purple quality recipes are worth the stats they provide. Yes, the purple recipes buff all three stats, but they do so at a much lower amount. Most of my builds have always been focused on create a powerful toon in only one damage based attribute - Magicka or Stamina - but never both. The only toon that needs all three attributes is my tank (magicka for health regen, stamina for taunt, health for survivability). I actually prefer the blue quality recipes over the purples as the system stand right now. Please make the purple recipes more appealing and worth their time to actually search for or purchase.

4. It would be interesting to see recipes designed for other stats beside attributes and regen. For example, recipes that buff your armor or spell resistance (tanks), recipes that buff your weapon or spell power (dps/heal), or recipes that buff your crit rating ( crit dps/heal builds). Also, you can have recipes that buff one of the attributes and one of the damage/defense stats simultaneously. You could have a green recipe that buffs health, blue recipe that buffs health & armor, and purple recipe that buffs health, armor, and spell resistance. Just brainstorming here.

5. All items should be able to be found in the game environment - period. Having items that can only be found through using 3 skill points (tomatoes) is uncalled for and goes against the main design of the game - playing a character however we want to play. This limits characters severely. If you want to make it difficult to find certain materials then fine, but this is not the way to limit us. Make us go fishing like was the original plan for ingredients in some recipes. Come up with other mini-activities for finding ingredients similar to fishing such as hunting or farming.

6. Provisioning could be such a great system - rewarding but complex. You could combine the aspects of all of the other crafting systems into one. The level of a recipe could be based on main ingredient. So you could have one recipe that buffs health being upgraded by using more of one material, much like the gear crafting levels based on the amount of ore, wood, cloth. The more of the ingredient is used the better the buff in the final product. This would obviously need to have a max limit.

You could then change the quality (green, blue, purple) based on the quality of the base ingredient. So that same recipe could be green quality when using normal stock, but then using “filtered” stock would upgrade it to blue quality, and using “refined” stock for purple quality. This plays off the enchanting skill line where the different aspects determine the quality of the glyph.

Finally, you could then be able to add special high end ingredients to alter the final recipe’s stat buff. So that same recipe above could now have pepper added to it to add weapon crit power. Also, make it where you could add up to two special ingredients to make a product that buffs 3 different stats. So you could add pepper and salt to the recipe to buff weapon crit power and weapon crit chance. Overall, you would have a base recipe that could be used for character levels 10-15 that is leveled by the amount of main ingredient used. You would then add the base ingredient to determine the quality of the product which would also give better end results. Finally, add up to two special seasonings for adding additional stat buffs. This way you could make any type of recipe that best suits the character build.

Orc Stew: Increase Max Stamina
    VR Levels 1-4
    Requires: 2x Rabbit, 4x Rabbit, 6x Rabbit, & 8x Rabbit for levels VR1, VR2, VR3, VR4 respectfully.
    Requires: Unfiltered Stock, Filtered Stock, Refined Stock, or Condensed Stock for green, blue, purple, yellow quality
    Seasonings: Pepper for Increase Weapon Critical Power & Salt for Increase Weapon Critical Percentage

This is excellent. Clicking a tag at the bottom wasn't enough.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't mind change, here's my thoughts

1. Make sure sacks of green beans (and other food containers) are evenly distributed throughout the world. I don't pay much attention but right now you loot all objects to get all types of objects. If you're limiting certain objects to certain containers make sure I don't have to go to one spot to get the optimal collection rate, that's just lazy game design.

2. I'm not a provisioning master or anything but can we get food/drink with other benefits??? I feel like food/drink has better potential than what is currently in game, this may be a good chance to introduce additional change. I'm thinking +move speed, +XP gain, +rare drop loot rate... yes yes those are big ideas and big changes but I feel like crafters invested heavily into their respective traits should be rewarded.

3. Try to minimize impact on players who have collected ultra-mega-ridiculously-rare purple provisioning recipes (and others who have progressed). It would be like getting every achievement in ESO simultaneously (somehow) and then you roll-back the game randomly and lose all progress. Not sure if you were planning to accommodate players heavily invested into provisioning, but they should be. Better not start them at 0

4. If possible do a better job at clearing up the old system. I still have Lire's (runes that do nothing) in my inventory because you're unable to remove items from the game that do nothing. If provisioning players suddenly have a ton of junk and they get to play micro-management for a day while they sift through multiple mules and banks AND GUILD BANKS it will be a sh***y day(s). If the current mats remain useful that's fine, but people should not be investing game time into cleaning up the mess you leave behind.

5. Achievements? Not sure if my game is busted but the only crafting achievements I have access to are Enchanting. Can we get this for provisioning (and the rest of crafting??). Not sure why enchanting is getting all the love, I don't mention it cause my game must be busted or something. Again with a change like this might be an excellent opportunity to introduce these.

6. Standardize provisioning so it's in-line with alchemy/enchanting. I.E when I get a new crafting mat (meat for example) put some ??? and when I craft food/recipes I learn what that crafting mat is used for/with. Then when I'm out in the world and see that crafting mat I instantly know "ok I want that" or I just pass. Right now it's just "used for crafting" not sure why provisioning items get the shaft with minimal detail. I know that's a bit sloppy but just think about when you pick up a Kuta rune (after you've learned what it does by using it) how it says "Legendary" or using Bugloss what it can produce (goes from ? ? ? ? to descriptors as you make stuff))

7. If possible (might be a bit grand) but link up provisioning mats directly to a list in the UI. It's so easy to forget what stuff does and it's also easy to neglect recipes you've learned in the past. Make better use of that nice data-base of book info. When I learn a recipe categorize its crafting mat (meat/veggies/etc..) so when I pick up a meat I can click on it, takes me into my UI and shows me a list of recipes associated with that meat. This should work the same way for all crafting. (please read on to item #8)

8. For consideration - if everything is going to fall under meat / veggie / fruit are you going to stick with current system of X crafting mat type for Y recipe(s) or maybe consider switching it to a system more in-line with enchanting. I can use essences to get the desired outcome (lets translate this to recipes collected) and I use Potency (translate as food items meat/veggie/fruit) and aspect (translate as drink items alcohol/tea/tonic). So now the system allows me to use ANY type of food/drink/recipe combination and the stats that come from it are based on the ingredients used. Lower the drop rates for crafting mats that are high tier in beginner areas and lower the drop rates for low-tier crafting mats in VR areas. I like this system for all crafting because it makes everything useful, currently certain crafting options (not just provisioning) make only certain crafting mats desirable.

I'll leave my thoughts for there, hopefully most of it is sensible :smile:
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I expect my post to see the light of day by any Zenimax employee that has any input into the game...

But I am wondering how many of these +1, thumbs up, and "yeah!" posts actually come from people who invested time, effort, and gold into provisioning? I can get behind the bank space issues, but something is not being addressed in GinaBruno's posts.

I have spent a lot of time, effort, and inventory space harvesting red wheat, baker's flour, mudcrab meat, salt, pepper, garlic, honeycomb, shank steak, and suet. And it's not just me. I have sold mubcrab meat to multiple people for 100 gold per crab! And now, I'm told this is all going to become stale? Or, that I'm supposed to have faith that the baker's flour I've spent hours hunting down I'll still want because you'll "TRY to update the existing recipes that you already know to equivalent recipes in the new system."

[Snipped for space]

This doesn't mean I don't like some of these changes. In fact, some of them are long overdo.

Drinks and food should have been stackable from the start. (Though I'd like to see provisioners get a larger benefit from the stacking).

I like what you see is what you get.

I do think there should be alternative ways to get "Oats".

This.
  • Balian01
    Balian01
    Soul Shriven
    Personally, I like these new changes, except for a few things.

I prefer to keep the faction specific recipes. It adds to the immersion. Also, I prefer to keep the amount of Provisioning mats that are currently in the game. There are a lot yes, but, it has that Elder Scrolls feel to it with all these mats in terms of depth.

Besides, the only mats that will matter are the VR 5 recipe mats, right? No one will be picking up any lvl 10-20-30 etc.. mats anymore unless they have an alt they want to level.
  • kiralia
    kiralia
    I like the food and drink being able to both be used at the same time, as long as we don't end up taking too severe a nerf to food in order to do that.

Can't complain about how items are used or replaced until we see this actually in action so will reserve judgement on that.

Glad to hear that devs are finally looking into the fact that purple recipes are more rare than intended. Some of those who took advantage of them dropping like rain during headstart and early release might not like others getting more of a chance to catch up, but that is only a small section of people.

It has been suggested to make fishing necessary for food...this I strongly disagree with. I hate fishing either in rl or in any mmo that I have ever tried it in. By all means make some recipes that use fish, but please do not make it a requirement for anything good. I am sure I am not the only provisioner who feels this way,
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Why make drops more rare? Blue and purple are rare enough as it is...where did that come from?
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the hireling delivering recipes idea. Instead of delivering duplicates, just have those duplicates removed from the delivery table for that character.

It should be possible to skip any recipe already delivered. That way we don't end up with unusable repeats (like, say, Hops).

What are we all using hirelings for anyway? For things near impossible or totally impossible to get ingame. Recipes over the green ones fall into that category.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Why make drops more rare? Blue and purple are rare enough as it is...where did that come from?

sigh.....blue and purple recipes will be rarer. I.e. rarer than green ones, not rarer than now. The notes were written as a description of the new system, Gina even spelled it out in her second post and people are still jumping to ridiculous conclusions several days later.

Reading is so hard, right?

• lerial32
    lerial32
    ✭✭
    Would there be a way to let us be able to use both a food buff and a drink buff together?
    -Lerial
    Daggarfall Covenant
    Templar Healer
    o:)
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of things:

1) I like the way mats will be combined, there are a lot of good ideas in this thread on the best way to do that, please listen to them.

2) I do not like the 'MORE RARE' recipes. Sorry, there is nothing satisfying or challenging to make us pay with our first-born, second-born and the family plot just to get a decent recipe. They are RARE ENOUGH as it is. I only have two purple recipes and that's thanks to my guildies being kind and they no longer function for my char (they are lvl 35, my char is lvl 49).

Please nix this MORE RARE recipe idea and keep the rarity the same as it is now because that is what is working. (Keep in mind that because the recipes will do more, they will be for an even higher price than what we pay now.) I am fine with the blue, which are also rare because I've only come across a small smattering of them in my travels and my char is lvl 49.

It's cheaper to buy any of the Imperial (45-55K), Daedric (30-40K), or Ancient Elf (30-40K) Racial Motif than a purple provision recipe (700,000-1,000,000g+). That should tell you something about the rarity of the purple provision recipes in this game.

And to Maverick827...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

First of all, thank you for making this thread. Provisioning is probably the number one thing that frustrates me in this game, so I'm glad o see that it's being worked on.
    Apparently you haven't experienced the hell of being an enchanting crafter. It is the worse of all the crafting professions.
    Edited by Thrudra_Magia on July 15, 2014 1:06AM
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Ilterendi wrote: »
    I just want a reason to go out and wet my pole! ;)

@Ilterendi‌, That's what he said ;-)

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
    Katniss Everlark VR 6 Nightblade Archer Werewolf
    A few alts all under level 25
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lerial32 wrote: »
    Would there be a way to let us be able to use both a food buff and a drink buff together?

Gina said that is what they are planning on doing with the rework of the system
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still have carrots on one of my mules. Very mysterious these carrots, as they dropped some time after launch, and never again afterward. And, no recipes use them!

I've held onto these carrots forever out of mystery and intrigue. Please do not make my carrots stale :(
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fix the bugs and loot and VR and Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood and class balancing then improve provisioning.

Nothing especially wrong with provisioning how it is, less ingredients would be good but your just dumbing it down and newsflash we don't want it dumbed down. PC players need depth stop pandering to consoles ffs or just stop releasing on PC.

If you make my purple recipe worthless i will do my nut.

If you make rare ingredients i have paid lots of gold for worthless i will do my nut.

Food and drink stacking is a good idea, makes drinks useful. Don't nerf the food, nerf the drink if anything.

We need a clear idea of the exact changes so we can take steps to reduce the amount of loss this will create.

Lower level blue recipes should drop more and blues for all levels.

Purple recipe drop rates could be increased if you add a gold tier above them, not much though they are supposed to be epic.

The provisioning system is a mess. These are welcome changes. Sorry about your nut bro.
    :trollin:
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The changes sound interesting.

Have you considered also either buffing beverages or making it so they can stack with food?

In Cyrodiil, no one uses beverages because the food is simply so much more useful, and beverages cancel the food.

EDIT: Didn't see this part -
    The regeneration benefit of drinking will now stack with food benefits (some balancing changes may occur)
    That's great news!

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 15, 2014 2:53AM
  • Haewk
    Haewk
    ✭✭✭
    We’re considering a significant revamp of Provisioning, and we’d like to get your feedback on it. Our goals with this proposed change are to improve the experience of collecting ingredients, to get away from the idea of tiered components, and to make brewing more useful. In a nutshell, we want to allow you to utilize every basic foodstuff you see in the game with cooking.

What do you mean by "tiered components"? Does this mean ingredients won't have levels attached to them anymore? So I can make level 50 food using the same ingredients I use to make level 1 food?

So how will the level of the food/drink be controlled? Will recipes still be level specific, for instance a level 5 rabbit stew and a level 10 rabbit stew?

Alchemy controls the level of the potion through use of different tiered solvents. Is a similar approach planned for provisioning?
    Ingredients
    • Cooking: What You See Is What You Get
      • You see grapes, you get grapes. You see cheese, you get cheese. No more clicking on a sack of green beans and getting aged meat.
    • Brewing: Based on container type (barrels, sacks, and crates)
      • Brewing ingredients will be broken up by closed container type to keep them useful and to avoid overlap with cooking.

Sounds good.
    Functionality
    • Food and drink categories will have clearer usage
      • Cooking: Meat = health, fruit = magicka, vegetables = stamina
      • Brewing: Alcohol = health, tea = magicka, tonic = stamina
    • Combination recipes will be rarer, require more ingredients, and give multiple benefits as expected
      • Example: Rabbit (meat) and carrots (vegetable) may be combined if you have the Rabbit Stew recipe, and the result provides both a health and stamina pool increase (somewhat less than what a pure health or pure stamina food would provide, as in the current system).
    • The regeneration benefit of drinking will now stack with food benefits (some balancing changes may occur)

By having ingredients sourced in clear ways and using combinations of food items instead of tiers of ingredients, we will be able to cut the number of ingredients in half while still providing just as many recipes as we have now (if not more). This will require most, if not all, of the existing recipes to be changed to accommodate this new paradigm.

Our current plan is to replace existing recipes and Provisioning items with the ones from the new system, matching quality as much as possible. Any additional unused basic ingredients from the previous incarnation of the system will be changed to “stale” versions of themselves, and we’d like to include some way to offload them that provides value.

So will the "stale" ingredients be mostly the lower tiered ingredients? I have stockpiled quite a bit of ingredients especially from tier 4 to 6 while I was leveling with the hope that someday they will be more useful. I would hate for most of my stockpile to become obsolete.
    We realize this is a major change and that many of you have invested heavily in leveling up Provisioning and collecting recipes, so we wanted to get your feedback before proceeding. We feel this would be a major improvement to the game and want to hear your thoughts on the matter!

Will Provisioning still be the only profession with Hireling only materials?

Will hirelings continue to function in the same way requiring logging in at certain times of the day to try and maximize the return on skill point investment?

Will purple recipes still be as hard to come by as they currently are and sell for the same ridiculous amounts?

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, what will happen to the recipes that I already know? Will my provisioning stay at 50? Will my skill points stay as they are under provisioning? If we keep all the recipes we already know & our skill points stay as well I think it's a great idea. When would this change take place?

This is answered in OP.

@Islyn‌, No it isn't. They don't give a time frame of when this would happen. They didn't say whether or not the skill points in provisioning would stay there or if players that have done provisioning will have those points refunded. They didn't say they were wiping all the players knowledge of the recipes already used or if we keep them just that they will be changed. They didn't say anything about players keeping provisioning at 50 either. So no, none of that was answered in the OP.
    They made some very clear statements of intent and their approach is also clear, and some of those concerns (like wiping 50) are plain absurd, they made it perfectly clear they don't intend to 'hurt' players who have put in a lot of time and effort, THEY SAID SO!

Yes, some 'fine details' are missing because they're still working out the fine details.

As for your earlier comment:

"I realize the fine details aren't in place but now they have questions from myself & other players to have answers ready for once they do get all the fine lines finalized."

I'm sure ZOS are can figure out for themselves what questions players will have and will answer them when they can.

Devs. can't win.

If they don't say anything till all the details are in place they're accused of not communicating. If they announce they have plans for something but can only provide general principles they're bombarded with questions from people who have no idea what patience is, oft times almost in a panic about some change.
  • Iseke
    Iseke
    Soul Shriven
    I think deers or whatever animal there is should drop meat.
    HWS
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Deer already drop meat. They drop venison and liver. Goats drop meat. Antelope drop meat. Sheep drop sweetmeats and mutton. Drop rate in my experience is 1in 8.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has already been asked, but what about the tons of fishes we fish ? WIll they be used, or will they be rotten (which isn't logical) ?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I expect my post to see the light of day by any Zenimax employee that has any input into the game...

But I am wondering how many of these +1, thumbs up, and "yeah!" posts actually come from people who invested time, effort, and gold into provisioning? I can get behind the bank space issues, but something is not being addressed in GinaBruno's posts.

I have spent a lot of time, effort, and inventory space harvesting red wheat, baker's flour, mudcrab meat, salt, pepper, garlic, honeycomb, shank steak, and suet. And it's not just me. I have sold mubcrab meat to multiple people for 100 gold per crab! And now, I'm told this is all going to become stale? Or, that I'm supposed to have faith that the baker's flour I've spent hours hunting down I'll still want because you'll "TRY to update the existing recipes that you already know to equivalent recipes in the new system."

And what exactly does this mean: "By having ingredients sourced in clear ways and using combinations of food items instead of tiers of ingredients, we will be able to cut the number of ingredients in half."? This sounds like to me, most ingredients (save the special "oats") will be generic, common, freely and easily available to everyone. This is a mistake. Right now, there is a real value on certain ingredients like salt, baker's flour, red wheat, etc., (usually a specific ingredient that makes a green food blue) because they are uncommon and generally a pain to find. THIS IS GOOD. Reward dedicated folks who go through every container! If there is just now going to be "flour," "meat," and "cheese," then the value of every non-special "oat" ingredients become trivial. My point here might be addressed with an assurance that some generic ingredients required for blue recipes such as "flour" will require the same dedication as "baker's flour" currently does, but such was NOT said in either of GinaBruno's posts.

What you will wind up doing with these proposed changes is turn what was a pretty neat skill that required some dedication into something bland and generic that requires little effort (save the purple recipes that will require "oats"). Maybe people who don't want to be bothered finding mubcrab meat will just throw down a +1 and give a thumbs up. However you won't get it from me as I think exploration and dedication should be rewarded. And I will guarantee in the whole "TRYING" thing to make the red wheat I have collected still both desirable (to me) and valuable will absolute frustrate me and many others who have invested in this skill similarly.

This doesn't mean I don't like some of these changes. In fact, some of them are long overdo.

Drinks and food should have been stackable from the start. (Though I'd like to see provisioners get a larger benefit from the stacking).

I like what you see is what you get.

I do think there should be alternative ways to get "Oats".
    I have every green and every blue recipe with hundreds of each ingredient, and I would trade them all for a VR5 epic recipe. Or VR10, or whatver the best is going to be soon. There's a way to optimize my character further that I currently do not have access to; I don't care what happens to my progress in provisioning so long as I gain access to said optimization in the process.
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Stacking food and drinks is important and beneficial. Other suggested changes are logical but not that important to me unless it will increase availability of foods and drinks in guild stores. In my opinion ZOS will know they hit balance in moment when we see foods and drinks trade much more often but that is only if people have to buy something of importance. Then u have economy running . Before that moment big chunk of content is missing.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that drinks and foods will be able to be used at the same time. When I eat food, I usually drink something too, and they dont replace each other! (real life).

Hopefully your balancing of drink items to make them stack with foods doesn't make them weaker than they are, because they are already pretty weak. A VR5 1 stat drink gives 13, a 2 stat gives 11, and a purple goes all the way down to 8 per. I was here thinking 8 was too weak even if it did stack with food, and they should only go down by 1 per rarity increase, 13 -> 12 - > 11, maybe 10 for purple vr5 drink. Actually, those are fine, there should just be VR10 recipes that are stronger :)

It sounds like all our learned food recipes are going to disappear along with the ones that are just sitting in inventories or guild stores, and we will have to find them again. It would suck because while there will finally be a reason to make those drinks, we won't have the recipes anymore.

Speaking of recipes. With this provisioning overhaul, will foods still be created with level limits, and will there be vr10 recipes finally now that we are passed the vr10 stage in leveling?
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on July 15, 2014 2:51PM
  • Kaloran
    Kaloran
    ✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »
    Some ingredients do have vendor value currently of 1 gold. Some ingredients are easier to sell to other players than others. There always seems to be 1 bottleneck ingredient per recipe that is rarer than the other components, which usually results in someone having 5 stacks of beef in their bank, but not enough Lard, for example, to use it all. Selling beef to players might prove difficult, but if you tried to sell a stack of Lard, you wouldn't have any issues. The ingredients like Lard that are a little rarer are the ones with the 1 gold value.
    I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Lard is sold by Grocers.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question. I remember before I bought the game (before launch) it was written that we were supposed to be able to learn recipes from NPC's and books. Actually, its in the provisioners for dummies book you find in the first alliance area crafting stations. There are currently books you can find in the world on bookshelves that have provisioning recipes. Will you make it so we can learn these when we find them?
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on July 15, 2014 4:39PM
  • Kaloran
    Kaloran
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like all our learned food recipes are going to disappear along with the ones that are just sitting in inventories or guild stores, and we will have to find them again. It would suck because while there will finally be a reason to make those drinks, we won't have the recipes anymore.
    I see a lot of folks expressing this idea, but I don't know where it's actually coming from.
    • We're going to try to update the existing recipes that you already know to equivalent recipes in the new system. There may be some exceptions and some trade-offs, but our goal is to have you not lose the effort you spent collecting the recipes in the first place.
    Your existing recipes will be updated to the new versions.

Edit: Formatting
    Edited by Kaloran on July 15, 2014 4:40PM
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.