The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Provisioning Revamp

• Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with the current provisioning? Will I lose my recipes? Will all the ingredients still be relevant?
    This is why the mods REALLY need to just lock this thread.

The thread is from over a year ago. These changes were already made 3 updates ago. There are no additional plans to make any changes to the system.
  • grumlins
    grumlins
    ✭✭✭
    This actually sounds totally amazing! I love it. I do have one question though will you also be thinking of changing where food items are found?

I find it weird that people are storing greens and radishes in their upstairs bedroom dresser drawers!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /sigh

I think the forums shouldn't let you post in a topic until you have at least opened the last page of that topic.

Edited by Divinius on October 28, 2015 12:21PM
  • pharstrider_ESO
    Divinius wrote: »
    /sigh

I think the forums shouldn't let you post in a topic until you have at least opened the past page of that topic.

I just had to reply here. Too funny that some people don't look at the initial dates on posts or do even minimum research before posting
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this thread a few times over the past several months suggesting that it just be closed. It's obviously still open.

Either the mods just enjoy watching players get confused, or my reports are getting auto-trashed before anyone reads them due to the OP being made by a mod.
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think since this thread was started by ZOS it should have been closed right after the revamp was done, simply to avoid this kind of confusion.

Even if the last few pages are "sad"... I've laughed quite much :D
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    I like being able to take a bite of food and washing it down with a nice mystical tea and not waste any of the buffs of each.
    Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
    Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
    Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
    Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • onmarla_ESO
    onmarla_ESO
    ✭✭
    I know this is not directly "provisioning" based; however, it does have to do with MY provisioning. Please, Please add a search option to the guild kiosks? Allow us to search alphabetically? Allow us to type in a search query? Allow us some what to find the item we are looking for without spending the better part of a day scrolling through thousands of recipes to find the one we're looking for. I do like the kiosk. It is a fabulous way to shop.....I do not like searching until my eyes go buggy trying to find a recipe that starts with G....or Xivkyn Shoulders....or anything else that I need to search. I am sure that I am not alone in this....Please, it is critical that this be addressed.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’re considering a significant revamp of Provisioning, and we’d like to get your feedback on it. Our goals with this proposed change are to improve the experience of collecting ingredients, to get away from the idea of tiered components, and to make brewing more useful. In a nutshell, we want to allow you to utilize every basic foodstuff you see in the game with cooking.

The regeneration benefit of drinking will now stack with food benefits (some balancing changes may occur)

I have not tested this by myself for ages but do the beverages effects already stack with food buffs? It's been a long time since this thread was created and ZOS plans on this matter were revealed... Is this change currently applied in game?
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    We’re considering a significant revamp of Provisioning, and we’d like to get your feedback on it. Our goals with this proposed change are to improve the experience of collecting ingredients, to get away from the idea of tiered components, and to make brewing more useful. In a nutshell, we want to allow you to utilize every basic foodstuff you see in the game with cooking.

The regeneration benefit of drinking will now stack with food benefits (some balancing changes may occur)

I have not tested this by myself for ages but do the beverages effects already stack with food buffs? It's been a long time since this thread was created and ZOS plans on this matter were revealed... Is this change currently applied in game?
    No. When they actually did this "revamp" to Provisioning (way back in Update 1.6), they chose to toss out the plan to make food and drink stack (which was arguably the only actually useful part of the whole revamp).

To this day, food and drink still do NOT stack, and likely never will.

This thread should really be locked to avoid confusion (since the revamp already happened long ago), but even though I've reported the thread requesting that it be locked several times, the mods refuse to do anything about it.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

No. When they actually did this "revamp" to Provisioning (way back in Update 1.6), they chose to toss out the plan to make food and drink stack (which was arguably the only actually useful part of the whole revamp).

To this day, food and drink still do NOT stack, and likely never will.

This thread should really be locked to avoid confusion (since the revamp already happened long ago), but even though I've reported the thread requesting that it be locked several times, the mods refuse to do anything about it.

Thank you for your reply! If so, and since ZOS is not going to do any other 'revamp' regarding the issues listed in the first post, I agree that this thread should be closed in order to avoid any confusion.
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    I could think of some other things that are in sour need of revamping, provisioning isnt one of them.
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Could we apply this to crafting then in general? I have tens of thousands of armor crafting materials, it would be nice to not have to farm one thousand plus armor material to just craft one set. It could all be shared too.
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭

Ingredients
    • Cooking: What You See Is What You Get
      • You see grapes, you get grapes. You see cheese, you get cheese. No more clicking on a sack of green beans and getting aged meat.
    • Brewing: Based on container type (barrels, sacks, and crates)
      • Brewing ingredients will be broken up by closed container type to keep them useful and to avoid overlap with cooking.

Functionality
    • Food and drink categories will have clearer usage
      • Cooking: Meat = health, fruit = magicka, vegetables = stamina
      • Brewing: Alcohol = health, tea = magicka, tonic = stamina
    • Combination recipes will be rarer, require more ingredients, and give multiple benefits as expected
      • Example: Rabbit (meat) and carrots (vegetable) may be combined if you have the Rabbit Stew recipe, and the result provides both a health and stamina pool increase (somewhat less than what a pure health or pure stamina food would provide, as in the current system).
    • The regeneration benefit of drinking will now stack with food benefits (some balancing changes may occur)

By having ingredients sourced in clear ways and using combinations of food items instead of tiers of ingredients, we will be able to cut the number of ingredients in half while still providing just as many recipes as we have now (if not more). This will require most, if not all, of the existing recipes to be changed to accommodate this new paradigm.

Our current plan is to replace existing recipes and Provisioning items with the ones from the new system, matching quality as much as possible. Any additional unused basic ingredients from the previous incarnation of the system will be changed to “stale” versions of themselves, and we’d like to include some way to offload them that provides value.

We realize this is a major change and that many of you have invested heavily in leveling up Provisioning and collecting recipes, so we wanted to get your feedback before proceeding. We feel this would be a major improvement to the game and want to hear your thoughts on the matter!

I like this. I always thought it was odd that my drinking didn't stack with eating. After all, I drink and eat at a meal, not one or the other. So, that's my favorite part. And, on that note, I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to have particular buffs be disregarded when combining food and drink. For example if a particular food gives a magic regen buff and a drink also gives that buff, they don't stack, but the greater buff takes priority. And, if, say, the drink runs out before the food does, the food's buff comes back into effect. :smiley:
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    smfh
    PC/NA
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XRavishX wrote: »
    I like this. I always thought it was odd that my drinking didn't stack with eating. After all, I drink and eat at a meal, not one or the other. So, that's my favorite part. And, on that note, I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to have particular buffs be disregarded when combining food and drink. For example if a particular food gives a magic regen buff and a drink also gives that buff, they don't stack, but the greater buff takes priority. And, if, say, the drink runs out before the food does, the food's buff comes back into effect. :smiley:
    Oh for the sweet love of crap.

Please, read ANY of the posts in the last page of the thread....

THIS REVAMP ALREADY HAPPENED 3 UPDATES AGO.

THE FOOD AND DRINK STACKING IDEA WAS THROWN OUT, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

ZOS REFUSES TO JUST LOCK THIS HORRIBLY OUT-DATED THREAD.

There is nothing to see here, please move along.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    As this update has already occurred, we are going to 'sink' this thread so it can't be bumped back up.

While this remains open for discussion, any comments or suggestions for provisioning would be better made in the Crafting forum.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    As this update has already occurred, we are going to 'sink' this thread so it can't be bumped back up.

While this remains open for discussion, any comments or suggestions for provisioning would be better made in the Crafting forum.

You are Right there ZOS_AlanG. because There is an upcoming provisioning update with the Thieves Guild DLC & base game patch on 10/3/2016, (which can be viewed on the PTS patch notes) it would be best to close this thread & move the subject elsewhere like the Crafting forum as you suggested.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/245011/
    Edited by Skullstachio on February 6, 2016 7:54AM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.