The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

• fethry8oeb17_ESO
    YES all damn fireballs and lightning fuses can use OpHidian set,No need for BE anymore EHE

, edit still sta 2h user and tested that set and it is hilarius, after killing a mob/ no and no and no for pvp for the 100% movement speed/stacked with assaults skill, shoot a rat or deer on your way, i mean it's useless in close situations, in open you can tab kill anything that just dies and get the speed buff. so it might be working as it should or should it even exist. thies one exits now
    Edited by fethry8oeb17_ESO on July 11, 2014 6:55PM
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone come across a salvation set aka werewolf transformation reduction set yet? I'm curious to see if there are any changes to it.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    has the wrath of imperium set been nerfed?
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    has the wrath of imperium set been nerfed?
    I believe no changes were made to this set.
    Bashev wrote: »
    HlG00kk.png
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 11, 2014 7:24PM
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

mcmozes wrote: »
    now they nerve arena set i just got it i am happy with the armor + but now u take it away and u add just that little amount off hp stamina and magicka wtf is this its useless items then u *** up the meaning off crafting stuff totally thats a *** change really

The armor bonus from the arena set is bugged, so you are not really losing anything.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty disappointed with mara 5 piece set, I have a set lying around and was hoping it would be better, not worse than 3triat sets at 5 piece.

Way of martial knowledge looking pretty good though.
    Edited by Brandoid on July 11, 2014 8:37PM
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
    Options
  • Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    pic of spectre`s eye plz
    Options
  • Hciliata
    Hciliata
    ✭✭
    Has anyone confirmed whether repeat bonuses stack like some have speculated in this thread? For example, if the 1.3 elf bane set says "3 items: adds 6 spell damage" and "4 items: adds 6 spell damage", if someone is wearing 4 or 5 pieces, they get +12 spell damage (confirmed)? Sorry if I missed this, I did read through a lot of angry pages but may have missed this. I've been hurt before by lying tooltips, so I'm just curious if this has been confirmed.Thanks if anyone can answer--
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bashev thank you for the link and nice, it looks like Dropped sets just got a few extra set bonuses instead of a complete redo.
    Hciliata wrote: »
    Has anyone confirmed whether repeat bonuses stack like some have speculated in this thread? For example, if the 1.3 elf bane set says "3 items: adds 6 spell damage" and "4 items: adds 6 spell damage", if someone is wearing 4 or 5 pieces, they get +12 spell damage (confirmed)? Sorry if I missed this, I did read through a lot of angry pages but may have missed this. I've been hurt before by lying tooltips, so I'm just curious if this has been confirmed.Thanks if anyone can answer--
    Although I can't verify either way I can't see why it WOULD'NT stack as currently in game any time you wear 2 diff sets with the same bonus you DO get both bonuses, like 5pc Twilight + 3pc Willows for +10% crit instead of only +5%. At least I really HOPE they stack.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow they really screwed Magicka users over big time lol. I guess I'll have to come up with some way to compensate for the lost spellcrit.

6% lost is not the end of the world, not with the added spell power set bonuses.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    The set boni have never been depending on the quality of the piece. So I doubt it will be after this patch.

Not true...I would have to double check my other sets but at least Hunding's Rage scales off both level and quality. Or at least it used to when it was a broken % instead of a steady number. VR12 started at 18% and stopped at 22% when legendary. I have not looked at the set or created a new one from when I banked them about a month ago. Will update after I check.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as i understand you are for balancing stamina/magica builds and u agree that magic is stronger then stamina today.
    Maybe i am slow today but really can't understand what difference does it make for you just buffing stamina or bufing stamina and nerfin magic if both approaches keep balance within magic builds and narrowing gap / imbalance between stamina / magicka driven builds. Are u just opposing to the change or u see logic i still cant ? Like i say maybe i am slow ...
    I don't know how to answer your question. I would have thought not wanting to be nerfed was a universally understandable concept.

Some people actually understand when something is too overpowered. They may not want it to be nerfed but they understand that it was too good to be true. Instead of going into a rage, they move on and look at other ways to improve or play better.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    The set boni have never been depending on the quality of the piece. So I doubt it will be after this patch.

This is true only for looted sets. Most of the crafted ones have their set bonuses increased when quality upgraded.

For example, Hunding Rage gave 18% weapon damage buff on vr12 white quality and 22% weapon damage buff on Legendary quality.

Crap, I feel foolish. I just posted this same information before finding that you beat me to it by 2 pages.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    My overall impression of the changes is positive, but I do not think nerfing Magicka was necessary to buff Stamina. I could go for a nerf to the spell damage cap OR a nerf to available Spell Crit, but doing both is overkill. However I am not as upset as many because, as an MMOer, I've always been able to roll with sweeping balance changes and come out better in the long run.

They did the nerf to the spell damage cap because they also added a handful of more spell power options, making it much easier to actually hit that soft cap. Freeing up your accessories for cost reducing or whatever.

The nerf to spell critical is only 6% on the high end. I run around with 56% critical, and I do not have the PvP staff. So I know most other critical builds are still going to be around 50% if not more. In the grand scheme of things, 6% critical and more spell power options are not that big of a nerf.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »
    Some people actually understand when something is too overpowered.
    Hopefully one day you can be one of those people.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people actually understand when something is too overpowered.
    Hopefully one day you can be one of those people.

I already am. I run around in light armor, 3 different sets mixed purple and gold. ..we have gone back and forth like this before.

In other games as well. Does it suck? Sure, but I also understand about checks and balances. Whenever, in any MMO, you find yourself playing "the" class or "the" build that is considered the best or in this game, the only, way to play...expect to be nerfed...simple as that.

I balance things for a living. Things rotating lot faster and more complicated than your car tires. There is two ways to balance things. Either take away from one side, or add to the other. Sometimes you cannot add enough to balance it and you have to take away instead. Not going to go into more detail than that, but even with something simple like your car tires, it is going to run better balanced than lop sided. If it is lopsided too much one way, it fails. Be happy that they are trying to balance the game so it lasts, not upset because they are taking weight from the side of the wheel you happen to be on right now.
    Edited by Lyall84 on July 12, 2014 3:47AM
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Its really amazing just how many experts we have here who know how to balance this game. Its like how many [snip] does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Easy fix leave sets alone buff stam builds add weapon crit to mage light = problem solved everyone is happy, well except the trolls :P

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_NinaM on July 15, 2014 10:58PM
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I balance things for a living. Things rotating lot faster and more complicated than your car tires. There is two ways to balance things. Either take away from one side, or add to the other. Sometimes you cannot add enough to balance it and you have to take away instead. Not going to go into more detail than that, but even with something simple like your car tires, it is going to run better balanced than lop sided. If it is lopsided too much one way, it fails. Be happy that they are trying to balance the game so it lasts, not upset because they are taking weight from the side of the wheel you happen to be on right now.
    Car tires have nothing to do with spell crit.
    Options
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Matuzes wrote: »
    If anyone have 8 trait set (Craglorn and Coldharbour i locked right now in pts ;/) or looted sets post screenshots here.

Well, won't be able to mix Whitestrake's and Song of Lamae anymore, but on that note,
    When wearer's health is below 30% health, gain a damage shield for 840.
    And it's not even green. Tell me you were stacking a crapton of stamina somehow.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Car tires have nothing to do with spell crit.

Balancing the game does. Stop focusing on one small minor change to the game and look at the game as a whole.
    Options
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how long before we won't see "LFM AA, NO Stamina builds" when Stamina DPS can at least keep up with Magicka DPS. I have no idea if these changes will be enough for that, but at least they're trying.

It won't be, stamina builds need to be individually evaluated, preferably without the guy that designed the destro tree and light armor skill line looking over anyone's shoulder. I think all the stars will be properly aligned soon, though.
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on July 12, 2014 5:36PM
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balancing the game does. Stop focusing on one small minor change to the game and look at the game as a whole.
    Stop assuming the chosen minor change is the only/best/correct solution to a larger issue.
    Options
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Stop assuming the chosen minor change is the only/best/correct solution to a larger issue.

Stop assuming it isn't, which I also believe it isn't, but also believe it is a part of a bigger picture that includes things like spell damage soft cap being lowered while weapon damage gets raised.

Things like making Heavy and medium armor sets more attractive also do this.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭

I never have. I have only asked you to stop assuming that one chosen minor change is the end of the world and ruining the game.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see how long before we won't see "LFM AA, NO Stamina builds" when Stamina DPS can at least keep up with Magicka DPS. I have no idea if these changes will be enough for that, but at least they're trying.

It won't be, stamina builds need to be individually evaluated, preferably without the guy that designed the destroy tree and light armor skill line looking over anyone's shoulder. I think all the stars will be properly aligned soon, though.

No one here can possibly know that these changes won't be just what the doctor ordered for > 750 ST DPS in a Stamina build. Will that matter to elitists who only allow sticks & skirts in their raid, probably not, but it doesn't mean these changes won't CONSIDERABLY increase the DPS of Stamina builds, along with the recent buffs Stamina trees like Bow and Medium Armor got.
    Edited by DeLindsay on July 12, 2014 6:12AM
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never have. I have only asked you to stop assuming that one chosen minor change is the end of the world and ruining the game.
    I never said those words.

So I guess we're in agreement. The nerf to spell crit is not the optimal way to balance magicka and stamina, so it should be reverted. Great!
    Options
  • deusAZMODAN
    This is a complete rehaul, making it the set system and gear builds very different now.

However, for people who have highend armor (gold v12 gear) that now need to redo their gear this HURTS a lot and leads to a lot of frustration.

Here is an idea: maybe for the patch, Zenimax could unbind all set bonus gear, so people can trade and switch their items instead of having to decon/trash them.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Bashev thank you for the link and nice, it looks like Dropped sets just got a few extra set bonuses instead of a complete redo.

They did change a lot of them for the better but kept the same proc idea, as well as added the extra bonuses. :).

For anyone who missed it, here's my picture:

https://i.imgur.com/thzBiWM.jpg (clickie for full version)
    thzBiWM.jpg

As well as Kyne's Flight:
    FWyynSU.jpg
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 12, 2014 11:29AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Soul Shine (heavy armor) set bonus was nurfed from +20% dmg/heals to just sth. like +10% (25 power).
    This wasn't necessary, it was a green set and a great opportunity for casuals to be at least a little bit competitive. Now, they take it away...
    (healer nurf)
    Edited by Francescolg on July 12, 2014 11:56AM
    Options