The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

• Matuzes
    Matuzes
    ✭✭✭
    Matuzes wrote: »
    Updated first post with Arena Set, Fighters Guild Set and Trial Sets.

Thanks for posting these - wow, you went through the trouble to upgrade all of those to legendary?

You can now create new chcracter in PTS with all trial items, all legendary glyphs, potions, epic food etc.

Updated Mage Guild sets:
    cBzYAnC.png
    Matuzes - Imperial Nightblade
    Headhunters
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as i understand you are for balancing stamina/magica builds and u agree that magic is stronger then stamina today.
    Maybe i am slow today but really can't understand what difference does it make for you just buffing stamina or bufing stamina and nerfin magic if both approaches keep balance within magic builds and narrowing gap / imbalance between stamina / magicka driven builds. Are u just opposing to the change or u see logic i still cant ? Like i say maybe i am slow ...
    I don't know how to answer your question. I would have thought not wanting to be nerfed was a universally understandable concept.
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ - Why did you screw everyone over who spent tons of gold upgrading armor to only change every crafted set in the game? I didn't expect to lose 100k+ worth of gear in a month.
    Edited by Shaggygaming on July 11, 2014 11:33AM
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I do agree that stam builds should be balanced with magicka builds but the approach Zos is taking is not the way to do it. Stam players who are disgruntled about the current balance between magicka and stam are making non productive remarks and are in agreement with nerfing magicka builds which is not a very mature way to look at the problem.

Based on what I'm seeing from these changes it's literally going to break my entire build and force me to rebuild or quit the game. Changing the current gear sets so drastically is something I would expect from Blizzard Entertainment and is seriously making me think if I should continue playing eso. The fact that all my gear is legendary with legendary enchants is going to total of about 200k worth of gear that is now going to be obsolete.

I highly doubt if the tables were turned that stam build players would be happy about the gold loss and the loss of their builds.

These changes are seriously making me consider quitting the game because they are so drastic. Small changes for tweaks are ok and fine but these changes to me are consider game breaking not fixing.

Why u think that its fair that just stamina builds should suffer from financial cost of balancing? Because just stamina builds will benefit from it and it would be ok that we pay for it ? How strange sense for balance u have ....

What if u dont have financial issues tied to this change ( if zos compensates u for the mats ) - would then this change will be ok with you ? If u say yes - then u are asking again for privilege from perspective of the guy who will have to put up those 200 k . If u say that you wouldn't still be ok with that change than please say what is actually bothering you ?
    Game should be fair to both sides and we should play with equal chance to win.

Smaller steps would give u more time to be great - is that what u are looking for ?

From launch till this patch release will be like 4 month of stam / magic imbalance and u are asking for more time ?

U think 200 k is to much ?
    OK listen this i invested first in stamina gear , then i changed to magic , then i invested ( since some NB improvements) again in stamina and now i will have to invest again.

I know u didnt screwed this balancing thing and i wish you all the best but game is suffering - not just stamina builds . We should all pay for ZOS mistake if we want to play at all .
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on July 11, 2014 11:42AM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    The set boni have never been depending on the quality of the piece. So I doubt it will be after this patch.

This is true only for looted sets. Most of the crafted ones have their set bonuses increased when quality upgraded.

For example, Hunding Rage gave 18% weapon damage buff on vr12 white quality and 22% weapon damage buff on Legendary quality.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, looted items have their Enchants increased when quality upgraded, while Crafted items not (expect if this item have Infused trait,because Infused trait power become stronger, therefore increasing enchant power).
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you, or anyone else here know if they changed the sybrane set? Thanks in advance.
  • Matuzes
    Matuzes
    ✭✭✭
    AsweetRoll wrote: »
    Do you, or anyone else here know if they changed the sybrane set? Thanks in advance.

eZv5o9k.png
    Headhunters
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matuzes wrote: »
    Updated first post with Arena Set, Fighters Guild Set and Trial Sets.

AckxSKD.png
    5UP8mJZ.png

Just.... O M F G. Even thou those Trial sets were somewhat buffed they are now look even more useless compared to Crafted Sets.
    Those bonus numbers are just an insult to every1 who put an effort in doing trials ...

P.S. Does any1 noticed that "The Poisonous Serpent" 3 item set were nerfed ? It doing 100 poison damage with 20% chance on live right now, and only 80 damage on PTS.

This is just stupid, period. No reason to do Vet Dungeon or Trials because reward are worse then crafted items.

Why dont you implement some "Very rare" mats or crafting recipes to make those crafted sets also valuable and require some effort to craft like any other normal game does ?

P.P.S Any1 can link those so called "Upgraded" version of Trial sets which you should recieve if defeat last boss on increased difficulty ?
    Edited by killedbyping on July 11, 2014 12:15PM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by killedbyping on July 11, 2014 12:16PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -

Willows or twilight embrace now on white has 5% crit and even on yellow it has 5%. Crit is a fixed value. it never raises because of quality!

Edited by xMovingTarget on July 11, 2014 12:29PM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    -

Willows or twilight embrace now on white has 5% crit and even on yellow it has 5% Crit is a fixed value. it never raises because of quality!

I said most, i didnt say ALL of them...
    Look at the Hunding rage for example. ALL 3 bonuses of that set increase when quality upgraded.
    Same with Way of Arena e.t.c
    Edited by killedbyping on July 11, 2014 12:29PM
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree that stam builds should be balanced with magicka builds but the approach Zos is taking is not the way to do it. Stam players who are disgruntled about the current balance between magicka and stam are making non productive remarks and are in agreement with nerfing magicka builds which is not a very mature way to look at the problem.

Based on what I'm seeing from these changes it's literally going to break my entire build and force me to rebuild or quit the game. Changing the current gear sets so drastically is something I would expect from Blizzard Entertainment and is seriously making me think if I should continue playing eso. The fact that all my gear is legendary with legendary enchants is going to total of about 200k worth of gear that is now going to be obsolete.

I highly doubt if the tables were turned that stam build players would be happy about the gold loss and the loss of their builds.

These changes are seriously making me consider quitting the game because they are so drastic. Small changes for tweaks are ok and fine but these changes to me are consider game breaking not fixing.

Why u think that its fair that just stamina builds should suffer from financial cost of balancing? Because just stamina builds will benefit from it and it would be ok that we pay for it ? How strange sense for balance u have ....

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said stam builds should suffer from financial costs of balancing. I said and I quote, "I do agree that stam builds should be balanced with magicka builds but the approach Zos is taking is not the way to do it."

What if u dont have financial issues tied to this change ( if zos compensates u for the mats ) - would then this change will be ok with you ? If u say yes - then u are asking again for privilege from perspective of the guy who will have to put up those 200 k . If u say that you wouldn't still be ok with that change than please say what is actually bothering you ?

Nope, the financial issues are not the only problem as this change does break my build so no the change is not "OK" with me.

Game should be fair to both sides and we should play with equal chance to win.

/Agree

Smaller steps would give u more time to be great - is that what u are looking for ?

Absolutely, I have no problems replacing gear OVER TIME (weeks or months) but not by hitting a reset switch as Zos is doing. THIS IS THE LIVE GAME NOT THE BETA.

From launch till this patch release will be like 4 month of stam / magic imbalance and u are asking for more time ?

Again you are putting words in my mouth. All I'm asking for is for Zos to fix stam players without breaking magicka players which can be done very easily.

U think 200 k is to much ?
    OK listen this i invested first in stamina gear , then i changed to magic , then i invested ( since some NB improvements) again in stamina and now i will have to invest again.

Of coarse 200k or more is to much unless u buy gold then its not. Furthermore thats 200k for just one set and a lot of us are running more than just one set for various builds. For example one of my guildies has 6 full sets of vr12 gear that he uses for dps, tank, pvp, ect. I haven't totaled up the entire cost of all his gear but to have that gear become useless is going to cost a lot more gold than just 200k again for those of us who farm gold legitimately without buying from 3rd party this is again an unacceptable change. A lot of us have spent weeks or even months to save up the mats/gold to get to our build/sets that we are using now.

I know u didnt screwed this balancing thing and i wish you all the best but game is suffering - not just stamina builds . We should all pay for ZOS mistake if we want to play at all .

Changes like this should have happened during beta not the live game. As I do agree any game/mmo will evolve to hopefully become a better game. However, the changes to the magicka player gear sets are unnecessary and unacceptable.

Mark my words if these changes go live ZoS/Eso will loose a lot of the player base and this will also have an effect of the future relase of the console version as there are going to be countless hate reviews posted because of this change.

I personally have already canceled my sub because of this and I will only re-sub if this is fixed.

Edited by heyguyslol on July 11, 2014 12:42PM
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    this whining is unbelieveable. Did you pay your gear with your irreplaceable organs? ffs ... you have at least a month until this will hit live servers. Enough time to get twice the mats needed.
  • Enjinir
    Enjinir
    ✭✭✭
    Forums on Tuesday: Crafted Sets are CRAP! I can't craft anything WORTHWHILE for gear? Can't believe ZOS would screw us like this! I'M QUITTING!

Forums on Wednesday: They changed the Crafting Sets!?!? Now I have to make NEW gear? Can't believe ZOS would screw us like this! I'M QUITTING!

ZOS:
    tumblr_mdpmeuTNR61qfaobj.jpg
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    this whining is unbelieveable. Did you pay your gear with your irreplaceable organs? ffs ... you have at least a month until this will hit live servers. Enough time to get twice the mats needed.

Not everyone lives at home with mommy and daddy some of us have jobs and a family so play time is not as forth coming as it is for the ones who play ESO 12+ hours more a day everyday. If i had that kind of time and no life then sure I probably would not have much to complain about :P
    @heyguyslol

• DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭

Not everyone lives at home with mommy and daddy some of us have jobs and a family so play time is not as forth coming as it is for the ones who play ESO 12+ hours more a day everyday. If i had that kind of time and no life then sure I probably would not have much to complain about :P

35 years old, 2 kids, wife, job, V12 full legendary DW Nightblade Werewolf. Deal with it.
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭

35 years old, 2 kids, wife, job, V12 full legendary DW Nightblade Werewolf. Deal with it.

nty, canceled sub :P

u deal with it as I will be saving $15 a month and a lot of time/work
    Edited by heyguyslol on July 11, 2014 12:53PM
    @heyguyslol

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My overall impression of the changes is positive, but I do not think nerfing Magicka was necessary to buff Stamina. I could go for a nerf to the spell damage cap OR a nerf to available Spell Crit, but doing both is overkill. However I am not as upset as many because, as an MMOer, I've always been able to roll with sweeping balance changes and come out better in the long run.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    Enjinir wrote: »
    Forums on Tuesday: Crafted Sets are CRAP! I can't craft anything WORTHWHILE for gear? Can't believe ZOS would screw us like this! I'M QUITTING!

Forums on Wednesday: They changed the Crafting Sets!?!? Now I have to make NEW gear? Can't believe ZOS would screw us like this! I'M QUITTING!

ZOS:

sums it up perfectly. Thanks :)
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS:

It is more like a FACEPALM, because all they do is pure failure...
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭

ZOS:

It is more like a FACEPALM, because all they do is pure failure...

95% of all users here in this board? Yes, i agree totally.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS:
    This is a straw man argument.

There's a way to increase the quality of crafted sets while not screwing over people who have already crafted legendary items with the current sets.
  • Matuzes
    Matuzes
    ✭✭✭
    My overall impression of the changes is positive, but I do not think nerfing Magicka was necessary to buff Stamina. I could go for a nerf to the spell damage cap OR a nerf to available Spell Crit, but doing both is overkill. However I am not as upset as many because, as an MMOer, I've always been able to roll with sweeping balance changes and come out better in the long run.

New spell damage cap is necessary. They raised magica softcap more then 400 points and spell damage is now obtainable with item sets. You want one shot ppl with meteor or standard? Also i dont this loosing 10% crit i so much pain.

Some of new sets are bad and some need slight nerf, but changes are very good. I dont understand ppl who cry about loosing legendary items. I have few sets, both legendary and epic and i gladly change them. Most MMO periodically change items sets and its good thing.
    Edited by Matuzes on July 11, 2014 2:07PM
    Headhunters
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question for all the players that are complaining that their gear will be changed. If ZoS keep the old crafting sets with the old bonuses and just create new ones with the new bonuses will you still complain? Because I am sure 90% of you will want to use the new sets, just different combinations.
    Edited by Bashev on July 11, 2014 2:20PM
    Because I can!
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    I have a question for all the players that are complaining that their gear will be changed. If ZoS keep the old crafting sets with the old bonuses and just create new ones with the new bonuses will you still complain? Because I am sure 90% of you will want to use the new sets, just different combinations.

I think keeping the old ones while introducing the new ones would be a better solution. The more options we have as players the better.
    @heyguyslol

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you mean while introducing? You want to have both let's say for one month because you need this time to craft new sets? Just craft them when the patch is released. You can play with blue gear. You lose around 100 stats and 100 armor which you can easily get from the new bonuses.
    Because I can!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean while introducing? You want to have both let's say for one month because you need this time to craft new sets? Just craft them when the patch is released. You can play with blue gear. You lose around 100 stats and 100 armor which you can easily get from the new bonuses.
    Some of us like to play optimally.
  • Larira
    Larira
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess, keeping the old sets with the old bonuses will make them to the best magicka dps and healing sets for a long time. The new sets are nerfed to the ground and there is no good reason to use them. The peolple would simply stick to the old sets and never replace them.

Greetings
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Larira wrote: »

I guess, keeping the old sets with the old bonuses will make them to the best magicka dps and healing sets for a long time. The new sets are nerfed to the ground and there is no good reason to use them. The peolple would simply stick to the old sets and never replace them.

Yes, it doesn't quite make sense to let people who have sets in their inventory keep the old bonuses and make it not possible to find or craft them.

For example, wouldn't those who didn't have 5/3/3 sets crafted before the patch complain about lack of balance when fighting players with grandfathered items?

I'm not very experienced with MMOs, but I gather it is typical that during the first year or two after release there are many changes to class abilities, item bonuses, etc.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 11, 2014 2:42PM