The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »
    Are you all honestly trying to say that you have no problems with light armor magicka builds soloing Craiglorn and Trial content, and infact that you want any class/build/armor type to be able to do the same
    Trash is not content.
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Every one claiming magicka users being screwed...really? I am a magicka user. Switching from medium armor to light made the difference between struggling with VR7 to VR10 (pre nerf patch) and being able to solo a ridiculous amount of Craiglorn content.

Are you all honestly trying to say that you have no problems with light armor magicka builds soloing Craiglorn and Trial content, and infact that you want any class/build/armor type to be able to do the same?

What would be the point of the group content of everyone could solo it?

Do I enjoy the OP play style of light armor magicka? Yes, but I also knew the nerf was eventually going to happen. Was it a good run? Yes. Should it be toned down? Yes.

I should not be able to mop up 6 to 8 mobs in Craiglorn as if I was a level 45 running a level 30 public dungeon for research traits or vendoring materials just because I wear light armor and use a restoration staff.

Don't believe me? I farm pretty much the same area in Craiglorn every day for a couple of hours midnight EST to about 2 or 3 am. Feel free to watch me. Not saying what I am doing is impossible, I am saying it shouldn't be.

Very narrow minded opinion, not everyone is "YOU" and not everyone plays the same build or play style as "YOU". Some players like playing solo, some group and some both. Breaking mechanics to force players to only be able to play in group aside from doing trials and vet dung is not good for the game.

@heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, Heavy Armor gets 4% per piece reduction on Break Free Cost.

So with 7 pieces, you have 28% reduction to break free cost (which stacks with the 40% from Arena)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radixo wrote: »
    y6BbDaJ.jpg

So the spell crit on the trial set got significantly buffed, you can now get 8% crit with 3 pieces. You can also get the jewelry set bonuses without using the weapon, as they are 2 and 3 piece bonuses now Not sure if the existing items will get updated.

That is some pretty great news ! So i only need to replace willows. Aether will be soo OP. Glad i am wearing a 4x set of it already.

Thanks for Sharing ;) You my friend took a little bit rage away from me with this.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 11, 2014 1:25AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving the changes.

More bonuses for wearing matching sets is good for crafters and good for looters who can now start using the sets they want at 2 pieces rather than 3. Provides more flexibility for set combinations as well.

It is a shame for people that have legendary sets already made. But all of the sets seem to have good bonuses (getting rid of the disease resistance finally praise Arkay) which should tide people over until they can make or gain through loot the new sets that they want.

Nice job ZOS.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    (getting rid of the disease resistance finally praise Arkay)

I assume you don't PvP much.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandoid wrote: »
    (getting rid of the disease resistance finally praise Arkay)

I assume you don't PvP much.

No not much, but did it really need two crafted set bonuses for it? Plus the loot drop sets that had it as well. I agree with your premise though that it is a PvP centric set bonus so makes sense to me to have it as a PvP set bonus and not a craft set bonus which should be applicable for both PvP and PvE.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you all honestly trying to say that you have no problems with light armor magicka builds soloing Craglorn and Trial content, and infact that you want any class/build/armor type to be able to do the same
    Trash is not content.

Note the "and trial content" be it trash or bosses in the trials, either should not be solo-able.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every one claiming magicka users being screwed...really? I am a magicka user. Switching from medium armor to light made the difference between struggling with VR7 to VR10 (pre nerf patch) and being able to solo a ridiculous amount of Craiglorn content.

Are you all honestly trying to say that you have no problems with light armor magicka builds soloing Craiglorn and Trial content, and infact that you want any class/build/armor type to be able to do the same?

What would be the point of the group content of everyone could solo it?

Do I enjoy the OP play style of light armor magicka? Yes, but I also knew the nerf was eventually going to happen. Was it a good run? Yes. Should it be toned down? Yes.

I should not be able to mop up 6 to 8 mobs in Craiglorn as if I was a level 45 running a level 30 public dungeon for research traits or vendoring materials just because I wear light armor and use a restoration staff.

Don't believe me? I farm pretty much the same area in Craiglorn every day for a couple of hours midnight EST to about 2 or 3 am. Feel free to watch me. Not saying what I am doing is impossible, I am saying it shouldn't be.

Very narrow minded opinion, not everyone is "YOU" and not everyone plays the same build or play style as "YOU". Some players like playing solo, some group and some both. Breaking mechanics to force players to only be able to play in group aside from doing trials and vet dung is not good for the game.

You completely missed my point, people are able to solo that very trial content. So saying I am the narrow minded one when you could not even read past what you wanted to read is hypocritical. Anyone that thought that the incredibly OP difference between light and any other armor as normal needs to take a step back.

If everyone had that kind of power with out the need of skill regardless of class or equipment, this game would be a joke. I sure hope you are not one of the same people that was saying that vet content needs to be un nerfed. Because people playing a clearly broken to the point of being easy play style like light armor and then demanding that anyone playing a different style man up and live with the difficulties has no right to then complain when changes are made to make the one OP style more in line with the rest of them.

Edit: Bottom line is all this "doom and gloom" about set bonuses is all about losing 6% spell critical. That is it...6% spell critical. Completely ignoring the fact that we still have 42% penetration from passives that stamina has yet to get, and completely ignoring the fact that they added 3 sets with spell damage. Really? That 6% was so important that people are suggesting it is game breaking? Take the blinders off and look at the entire picture. If you don't like that one piece in the new puzzle of crafting sets, look at the other pieces and see what you have available that you didn't have before.

I swear, all these people afraid of changes like it is the stock market crashing. Either sell and let the rest of us play or man up and reinvest.
    Edited by Lyall84 on July 11, 2014 2:10AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back to topic pls :P

Actually with what they have done to the Aether Set i might switch to i like it. exchanging willows with the new torug´s pact gives a significant boost. 2% more spell crit, 15 more spell damage and 118 HP more.
    Compared to 4x Aether and 3x Willows now.

This will force more players to do the trials. Which isnt a bad thing. But i still dislike that they changed some sets completely.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 11, 2014 2:16AM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you all honestly trying to say that you have no problems with light armor magicka builds soloing Craglorn and Trial content, and infact that you want any class/build/armor type to be able to do the same
    Trash is not content.

Note the "and trial content" be it trash or bosses in the trials, either should not be solo-able.
    It's inconsequential, it doesn't matter if it's soloable or not. And I haven't seen a Trials "look what I can do" video in a month.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least ZoS is putting forth a pretty good effort for Stamina builds. I think they're on the correct path here, making Crafting more worth the effort involved, not that it takes THAT much effort but it certainly takes time via researching. Can't wait to see how long before we won't see "LFM AA, NO Stamina builds" when Stamina DPS can at least keep up with Magicka DPS. I have no idea if these changes will be enough for that, but at least they're trying.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow they really screwed Magicka users over big time lol. I guess I'll have to come up with some way to compensate for the lost spellcrit.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 11, 2014 3:01AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like these changes... caster nerf by way of gear. I think it's positive (and I'm a sorc, full on crit caster build)... but now I have a legendary set that I'll need to decon. :p

Now they need to nerf Impen, and buff other traits so there's more than two options on small pieces.
    Edited by The_Drexill on July 11, 2014 3:15AM
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like these changes... caster nerf by way of gear. I think it's positive (and I'm a sorc, full on crit caster build)...
    Why?

• killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say nice changes, but yet again there are some MAJOR failures.
    There is alot of love for Tanks and Medium wearers. I love that Hunding rage set so much (if it is NOT broken again ofc...) And happy that i have 5 piece of vr12 legendary in bank.
    But whats up with all that Spellcaster hate ? Only 1 spell crit set and its not really focused on spellcasters. It seems like it give this spell crit more like a side bonus.

If ZOS think that people were all about those bonuses they moved into 5 item bonus they are WRONG. I mean, ofc some ppl were for it, but only ... the once who dont understand much.
    Atleast the DPS guys were chasing the spell and weapon crit bonus which are now much more easy to obtain and they can now just stick with 2-3-4 max bonuses.
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Does the bonus at the Whitestrake's set scale with the quality of the item ( not that 840 damage shield every 15 secs sounds bad :smiley: ) ?
    Edited by Minsc on July 11, 2014 8:49AM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radixo wrote: »
    y6BbDaJ.jpg

So the spell crit on the trial set got significantly buffed, you can now get 8% crit with 3 pieces. You can also get the jewelry set bonuses without using the weapon, as they are 2 and 3 piece bonuses now Not sure if the existing items will get updated.

That is some pretty great news ! So i only need to replace willows. Aether will be soo OP. Glad i am wearing a 4x set of it already.

Thanks for Sharing ;) You my friend took a little bit rage away from me with this.

Funny thing that it is STILL not worthy for any DPS and no it is not Worthy for Healers aswell since it dont give +Magicka anymore. Also this Values are just LOWER then crafted bonuses.

There is VR12 Legendary piece with 4% crit per bonus on this picture. So it seems that set bonus are not upgradable. The crafted sets will give 6% per bonus on legendary version.
    Edited by killedbyping on July 11, 2014 8:58AM
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set boni have never been depending on the quality of the piece. So I doubt it will be after this patch.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    <snipped>if this goes live then I hope it will be possible to get crafting materials back from already crafted sets (more than small chance to get 1 back from each piece from deconstruction). I have a almost full set of legendary gear that will now be completely useless for me.

EXACTLY. I want my stuff back then.

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So spell casters have to wait for incredibly long research times to not be nerfed? Or a once self-sufficient crafter now has to go through the trouble of finding someone with 8 traits and pay them to craft their gear?

I put a lot of time into my profession already, and was at a place I enjoyed with it. To have all that be made worthless because the only equal set bonuses to weapon crit be in the 8 trait armors would be very annoying. I don't feel like sitting around for three months waiting for my research times to finish just so I can get back to where I was.
    This.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merrak wrote: »
    Way to completely destroy the Hist Bark 5 piece...glad I just wasted all of my gold crafting mats making that full set for my tank. :(
    :(
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saving all my money up until a few days ago and finally being able to craft a yellow armor set with matching weapons. This took all my saved up money.
    And since those sets where twilight's embrace and willow's path, their bonuses will resemble nothing of the original bonuses regarding crit chance, and will now be outright useless to me.

EXACTLY THIS! What the heck, Z?

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg. Really? On willows and Twilight you are only making those sets increase what we can already do using food?

PLEASE do everything else but leave Willows and Twilight AS THEY ARE NOW.

That change for those sets is ridiculous and pointless.

Basically breaking the ONLY STUFF that works.

Don't you have enough other problems to sort out?
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a few weeks after the patch, they can make the deconstruct return of materials 100% for crafted items with set bonuses. This would also have the side effect of letting test the bonuses more easily for a little while. I doubt this would have aasting impact on the economy (that doesn't exist).

Too bad there will definitely be zero compensation.

Entitlement much?

WHAT!!!?? NO actually; given that to get that gear we have to save/buy GOLD crafting mats etc and EARN them one way or another ONLY TO HAVE OUR GEAR MADE USELESS.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that stam builds should be balanced with magicka builds but the approach Zos is taking is not the way to do it. Stam players who are disgruntled about the current balance between magicka and stam are making non productive remarks and are in agreement with nerfing magicka builds which is not a very mature way to look at the problem.

Based on what I'm seeing from these changes it's literally going to break my entire build and force me to rebuild or quit the game. Changing the current gear sets so drastically is something I would expect from Blizzard Entertainment and is seriously making me think if I should continue playing eso. The fact that all my gear is legendary with legendary enchants is going to total of about 200k worth of gear that is now going to be obsolete.

I highly doubt if the tables were turned that stam build players would be happy about the gold loss and the loss of their builds.

These changes are seriously making me consider quitting the game because they are so drastic. Small changes for tweaks are ok and fine but these changes to me are consider game breaking not fixing.

You Slopez are a true none braindead Forum Hero. I also made almost the exact same posts in different other Threads. It will not break my build, but all the gold and the time and work to get that amount of gold to get the upgrades done. I wont go through that again. Especially after they nerfed all good possibilities to farm yourself some gold.

This is just way too much for my liking. Who also says they arnt doing this again and again and again and screw us over each couple of month. Why not just fix the Skilllines to make em on par. Buff the weapon Skilllines and even buff med armor more. Dont screw us up. I mean i probably could go back to dualwield with my DK. But not if it goes with poor gamedesign like that.

Absolutely.
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    For a few weeks after the patch, they can make the deconstruct return of materials 100% for crafted items with set bonuses. This would also have the side effect of letting test the bonuses more easily for a little while. I doubt this would have aasting impact on the economy (that doesn't exist).

Too bad there will definitely be zero compensation.

Entitlement much?

WHAT!!!?? NO actually; given that to get that gear we have to save/buy GOLD crafting mats etc and EARN them one way or another ONLY TO HAVE OUR GEAR MADE USELESS.

And this has already happened when they raised the level cap from vr10 to vr12. Did you get all you're stuff back then?
    Edited by Brandoid on July 11, 2014 10:03AM
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Matuzes
    Matuzes
    ✭✭✭
    Updated first post with Arena Set, Fighters Guild Set and Trial Sets.

AckxSKD.png
    5UP8mJZ.png
    Matuzes - Imperial Nightblade
    Headhunters
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Matuzes wrote: »
    Updated first post with Arena Set, Fighters Guild Set and Trial Sets.

Thanks for posting these - wow, you went through the trouble to upgrade all of those to legendary?
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Less spell crit bonuses + more stamina friendly set bonuses = better overall for the game.

As it stands spell crit is loads easier to stack than weapon crit. There are 3 different sets that have spell crit as a bonus now vs 1 set with weapon crit. With these changes we get 4 sets that give bonuses to weapon crit and 1 that gives a bonus to spell crit. This evens out the playing field considerably when factoring in the spell crit bonus from magelight.

Just a quick comparison if you're stacking weapon crit you could get 37% with the medium armor passive, grabbing 4 pieces of Hunding's rage, and 4 pieces of Night mother's gaze.

If you stack spell crit then you could achieve 34% with the light armor passive, grabbing 3 pieces of Night mother's gaze, and equipping inner light to your bar. Factor in the spell penetration passive from light armor and it evens out pretty well.
    Again, you are criminally underestimating the cost of two used bar spaces and 5% magicka reduction.

Max spell crit after these changes, with a huge cost of doing so, will only be 1% higher than max weapon crit, at little to no cost.

Where are you getting that magelight uses two action bar slots? It uses one slot and the 5% reduced magicka is negligible at best. The fact is the current state of magicka builds vs stamina builds makes these changes a pretty effective(and needed) way of balancing them out a bit more. If you're a caster you already have it much easier than stamina builds do, this will bring the two closer together. So while it may not be good for you specifically it's good for the game's health overall.
    I've already said, you need to use Mage Light on both bars. It doesn't remain active when you switch, and it doesn't remember when you switch back.

Nerfing magicka builds is not the right way to buff stamina builds.

nerfing magicka slightly and buffing stamina slightly so they come into alignment is a great way to fix the discrepancy between the power of the two build types. It's faster than slow incremental buffs to only stamina. I actually find it pretty laughable people are complaining about this because they can't see the bigger picture at work. I think it's extremely selfish and shows a major lack of caring about the overall health of the game.
    No, solely buffing stamina is the correct way to go. The only selfish person here is the one wanting magicka nerfs.

That's funny since I run a full magicka build, based on high spell crit actually, and I agree with these changes completely as it's better for the overall health of the game. You're just upset because you may have to adjust your build accordingly.
    Yes, I am upset that I am unnecessarily getting nerfed. Was that supposed to be some sort of indicting accusation?

It shows the selfishness in your complaints. You're worried about how it affects you personally and not the game and the community as a whole.
    You erroneously believe that nerfing spell crit measurably makes stamina builds any better, and also that the general concept of nerfing things to buff other things is a good idea.

Your opinions on game balance are horribly toxic and in no way benefit the "greater good."

Nerfing spell crit doesn't make stamina builds better, but it does help close the gap between them and magicka builds, therefor making stamina builds more viable vs magicka build viability. Lowering the gap between two things = more balanced. I'm done with this conversation though because it's not remotely productive or amusing. I'm gonna go play the game.
    Do you know what also closes the gap between the two? All of the buffs stamina has been getting and will continue to keep getting.

Nerfs to magicka to buff stamina are. not. necessary.

As far as i understand you are for balancing stamina/magica builds and u agree that magic is stronger then stamina today.
    Maybe i am slow today but really can't understand what difference does it make for you just buffing stamina or bufing stamina and nerfin magic if both approaches keep balance within magic builds and narrowing gap / imbalance between stamina / magicka driven builds. Are u just opposing to the change or u see logic i still cant ? Like i say maybe i am slow ...