The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.3.0

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zakna69 wrote: »
    Some Questions:
    Why can't we trade colored clothes?
    How about a special button on PTS to push the character on higher level to test everything? Because the PTS is a good idea, but I have not the time to play all the time on PTS to get my character high enough to test all of the new content.
    Use a template when you create a character on PTS.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the % of crit we're losing. We're also losing the Atronarch's taunt, which is vital when you're up against a multitude of mobs or a worldboss.
    I enjoy playing solo content on my own. I also enjoy the challenge of taking up a worldboss on my own. Without that taunt it will be sheer impossible for me to do that. The missing of the % crit will mean it will take me longer to take anything down, which also means they have more time to kill me. Scorcerors wearing light armor are quite squishy if you hadn't noticed.
    Yay for the soft caps going up, but what good will it do? It means I need to reglyph or re-enchant something usefull to gain more magicka. Though magicka is always a problem unless you're willing to give up health or stamina for it (spell-wise), I'd rather had seen them lower the cost of spells instead of increase the max pool.
    World bosses weren't meant to be soloed, some people can solo world bosses and frankly props to them, however this was not intended. World bosses are supposed to be tough, you aren't meant to simply throw down an ultimate and win against a world boss, you are meant to use some form of strategy.
    Atronach taunts were bugging out trials bosses and making them untauntable, this is primarily why the taunt is being removed.

A 50% crit build losing 6% crit decreases the damage output of said build by 2.4%. losing that 2.4% is not going to noticeably increase the time it takes you to kill anything, especially after the veteran content nerf.
    If the 2.4% is really that important to you, then you will have to do trials to get the Wise Mage set for an extra 8% crit.

losing 6% crit is inconvenient, losing taunt from the atronach is unfortunate(unless you do trials), you can however rest assured that Sorcs will remain viable and maintain their position at top of the food chain in PvE.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »
    So you removed just about all spell critical from sets but decided to keep weapon critical for plenty more sets.
    You also added plenty of spell damage buffs to heavy armor sets while light armor still has the best benefits for scorcerors if 5 pieces or more are worn, making both completely worthless to scorcerors.
    And you removed taunt for Atronarchs.

Please tell me how a sorcerer is still a usefull and viable class? I'm dye-ing to know...

I am dying to know how the loss of 6% critical (maybe even less, because the % might incease with quality) some how warrents all this "the sky is falling" hysteria. Especially with all the soft caps going up and added spell power etc. Most of the spell power additions are to crafted, so you can make light armor if you want.

It's not just the % of crit we're losing. We're also losing the Atronarch's taunt, which is vital when you're up against a multitude of mobs or a worldboss.
    I enjoy playing solo content on my own. I also enjoy the challenge of taking up a worldboss on my own. Without that taunt it will be sheer impossible for me to do that. The missing of the % crit will mean it will take me longer to take anything down, which also means they have more time to kill me. Scorcerors wearing light armor are quite squishy if you hadn't noticed.
    Yay for the soft caps going up, but what good will it do? It means I need to reglyph or re-enchant something usefull to gain more magicka. Though magicka is always a problem unless you're willing to give up health or stamina for it (spell-wise), I'd rather had seen them lower the cost of spells instead of increase the max pool.

Welcome to the world of Nightblades and Templars where we had no pet to taunt, and are not so OP that we can talk about soloing world bosses. Granted, certain bosses can be solo-able because of the mechanics of that boss, but clearly ZeniMax does not want Sorcerer or any other class to be able to solo world bosses.

And no class, especially Sorcerer, are really that squishy in light. You can put that mage armor type skill on your bar, and be over the soft cap for armor. Like wearing heavy but with the passives of light, plus an increase to heavy attack damage.

Sorry, but Sorcerer has been a little on the over powered side of the equation for a while because of some of the unique skills and synergy that they have. While I understand it is upsetting to you, you are only being brought down to the level that Nightblades and Templars have been in from the beginning. Is it right to nerf sorcerer down instead of bring NB and Temp up? Who am I to say.

Bottom line is that Zenimax has drawn the line and is, by their actions, saying that classes should not be that powerful, so they are toning them down.

As far as the 6%...when people are already walking around with 50% or more, 6% is nothing. Even then, that might improve with gear quality. If it is 6% on white, it might be 10% on gold. Dont know yet.
    Edited by Lyall84 on July 19, 2014 5:06PM
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a sorcerer and I still agree with everyone else that world bosses were not meant to be soloed. If you are going to gripe about them being nerfed don't start off b saying you can't do things you were never supposed to be able to do to begin with. Give a legitimate reason otherwise you are actually just giving them the reasons why it should have been nerfed.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on July 21, 2014 12:48PM
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a sorcerer and I still agree with everyone else that world bosses were not meant to be soloed. If you are going to gripe about them being nerfed don't start off my saying you can't do things you were never supposed to be able to do to begin with. Give a legitimate reason otherwise you are actually just giving them the reasons why it should have been nerfed.

Bravo! I would give you both an "agree" and "insightful" but it will only let me do one.
    Options
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any news about when this patch will be released? I haven't been able to find anything on it. I got all excited when I went onto the forum page and saw the maintenance message, but then I realized that it was regular maintenance and I got sad...
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [–]ZOS_GinaBruno 91 points 16 hours ago
    We'll be releasing Update 3 (which contains the dyes) in early August. We'll have a solid date soon!
    Source:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2b7rex/next_update_eta/
    Because I can!
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    In 1.3 we have, the following changes to look forward to for Sorcerer

- Atronach nerf (No taunt, rendering the ultimate useless)
    - Set Item nerf (Willows path and Twilights embrace, now have no spell critical)
    - Warlock set, Magicka flood now need 5 pieces not 3
    - Spell damage cap lowered from 150 approx. to 130 approx.

It's a little bit much I think,

I would love classes to more balanced and viable, but perhaps the best way to achieve this is to Buff other skills and classes, rather than nerfing others.

The only thing that is a little much for sorcs is when they have that exact set up and think "man this sucks". You will still see people running the sets above, in new combinations with other sets. Hopefully you will see people trying new things entirely. Really I would have been happy with spell damage being drastically lowered, but being a stam user & biased I'm thrilled with it all :smile:

And the only nerf to your class there is Storm Atronach, everything else is generic and not specific to your class. Just about everyone and their dog runs Warlock and uses spell damage. We need changes like this to motivate people to try new builds and give stam another shot. In-game testing PvE and PvP will determine if the changes are too drastic or not.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no news about dyeing shields? Is it not possible to add shields to dye system?
    They are after all considered more armors than weapons.
    Shields cover lot of us when hold in hand or "sheated" back and it kind a looks silly if your shield has very different color than you overall.
    There is room for shield slot in dye system, middle below... south from helmet o:)

Just add it in all silence, cheers!
    Pretty pls <3
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a maintenance now on PTS, so I hope when it finishes we will have some small patch with new changes.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to cc are going to fix the unbreakable cc nonsense, correct?
    Options
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Immunity granted by Break Free and the immunity given to you after you’re hit by a crowd control ability now provide immunity to all types of crowd control.

an someone confirm that this applies to players only and not mobs?
    The last time something like this was done it also applied to mobs as well as players.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Blinding Light: This ability can now cause enemies to go off-balance when they are blocking."

Can anyone confirm that blinding light's(and its morphs) effect changed to only applies when target is blocking or both attacking and blocking
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Immunity granted by Break Free and the immunity given to you after you’re hit by a crowd control ability now provide immunity to all types of crowd control.

Will this apply to soft-CCs as well?

Players should receive CC immunity after dodge rolling out of a soft CC. Right now, players can be rooted/immobilized, dodge roll out, rooted again, dodge roll out, rooted again, maybe repeat the cycle again, and then they are continuously rooted after running out of stamina for any more rolls. The first roll should grant the same immunity to subsequent CCs as break free grants immunity to subsequent CCs.

The only way to counter the root spam at the moment is to have Retreating Maneuver (at a whopping cost of 840 stamina) on one of the hotbars. Not even the heavy armor skill Immovable can be used as a counter.

This problem could also be alleviated by decreasing the cost of dodge rolls, or by flagging immobility as a "hard" CC that requires break free instead of a dodge roll.
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 24, 2014 10:45PM
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerigo wrote: »
    Nerfing storm atronach is silly.

You may as well remove it from the game entirely if it doesnt taunt anymore.

If you think it is over performing, reduce it's health, damage, duration or whatever you want but leave the taunt.
    The only thing I am hoping for is that their wording means that it won't keep on taunting the same enemy that is already under the effects of a taunt. Otherwise the ability is now pretty useless and will severely hinder the Sorcorer's ability to solo. Greater Atronach was the Standard of Might or the Veil of Blades for Sorcorers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can we please get a confirmation of this exact change? And if it is indeed a nerf, can we please know why?
    The taunt was removed entirely from the Storm Atronach. We found that he was preventing allies from holding threat on key targets. Furthermore, the Storm Atronach was never intended to be a high health tanking monster; he's a high damage monster, and will still do high damage against your target.
    Gina,

Many people have expressed their concern over this change. Personally, as a Sorcerer Tank, the Storm Atranoch is the only good tanking ultimate we have access to outside of PvP ultimates (which cannot be acquired easily by a non-PvPer).

There have been a few good suggestions:

1. Make one morph for DPS and one for tanking
    2. Allow the taunt ability to be player-controlled somehow
    3. Just don't make this change at all (anyone engaging in group content hard enough for taunt-immunity to matter should know better and know how to play around it)

Have any of these been discussed internally? Is there any update to the status of this nerf? I am very worried that my character will not have an ultimate viable for his spec if this nerf goes through.
    Options
  • AlexDrago
    AlexDrago
    ✭✭✭
    Amerigo wrote: »
    Nerfing storm atronach is silly.

You may as well remove it from the game entirely if it doesnt taunt anymore.

If you think it is over performing, reduce it's health, damage, duration or whatever you want but leave the taunt.
    The only thing I am hoping for is that their wording means that it won't keep on taunting the same enemy that is already under the effects of a taunt. Otherwise the ability is now pretty useless and will severely hinder the Sorcorer's ability to solo. Greater Atronach was the Standard of Might or the Veil of Blades for Sorcorers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can we please get a confirmation of this exact change? And if it is indeed a nerf, can we please know why?
    The taunt was removed entirely from the Storm Atronach. We found that he was preventing allies from holding threat on key targets. Furthermore, the Storm Atronach was never intended to be a high health tanking monster; he's a high damage monster, and will still do high damage against your target.
    Gina,

Many people have expressed their concern over this change. Personally, as a Sorcerer Tank, the Storm Atranoch is the only good tanking ultimate we have access to outside of PvP ultimates (which cannot be acquired easily by a non-PvPer).

There have been a few good suggestions:

1. Make one morph for DPS and one for tanking
    2. Allow the taunt ability to be player-controlled somehow
    3. Just don't make this change at all (anyone engaging in group content hard enough for taunt-immunity to matter should know better and know how to play around it)

Have any of these been discussed internally? Is there any update to the status of this nerf? I am very worried that my character will not have an ultimate viable for his spec if this nerf goes through.
    I know what you feel, but they will not hear you.
    Because you are Sorc, and the Sorc's must suffer...

If you have nothing to say say nothing ©
    Options
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Taunt should have stayed like it is but any Boss NPC at Group instance should just be immun to Pet Taunts. A mechanic most MMOs are using to provide some Pet Tank abilities but stopping the chance to exploit bosses by spamming them with Tank Pets.
    Options
  • cracker81
    cracker81
    ✭✭✭
    When is justice system coming out?
    Options
  • cracker81
    cracker81
    ✭✭✭
    Wait world bosses getting a Nerf? Lol. I solo them with no ultimate, just move out of the stuff that is red and block when needed.
    Options
  • czarr
    czarr
    Soul Shriven
    Has there been any news about when this patch will be released? I haven't been able to find anything on it. I got all excited when I went onto the forum page and saw the maintenance message, but then I realized that it was regular maintenance and I got sad...

The only things they have said is early august so hopefully this week or next week they can give a hard date
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "•Each guild rank has its own set of permissions. When creating a new guild rank, you can clone the permissions of a previously existing one."

Can we get a list of the noteworthy permissions your adding? This is pretty vague. Like is it daily max withdraw amounts or what exactly? thx =]
    Edited by Cuyler on July 28, 2014 8:31PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • czarr
    czarr
    Soul Shriven
    To everybody who is bashing on eso and where they are at with this game need to remember this game is still very new(not even 5 months old). That being said they can't make the perfect game in one shot. They are going to have to change/update/add things to the game to make better for everybody. They can't just make eso for one type of player. You all need to stop complaining because they are changing certain aspects of the game to make it better for EVERYBODY. If it pisses you off that bad just remember nobody is making you pay to play this game
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Deleted, wrong thread.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 29, 2014 9:32PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syndy wrote: »
    • Blinding Light: This ability can now cause enemies to go off-balance when they are blocking.

SWEET!

@ZOS_GinaBruno This currently costs 53 Magika to cast. That cost really needs to be increased drastically otherwise that ability will get seriously spammed and mess up game balance completely!

Further more why will it knock someone off balance if you have enough stamina to block! Doesn't make much sense!!!!!!!!

Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this patch! Long Live ESO!!!!!!!
    Options
  • czarr
    czarr
    Soul Shriven
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    Syndy wrote: »
    • Blinding Light: This ability can now cause enemies to go off-balance when they are blocking.

SWEET!

@ZOS_GinaBruno This currently costs 53 Magika to cast. That cost really needs to be increased drastically otherwise that ability will get seriously spammed and mess up game balance completely!

Further more why will it knock someone off balance if you have enough stamina to block! Doesn't make much sense!!!!!!!!

I think it's more for multiple enemies not just one since you can only block one person at a time and the blinding light ability is under the Templars tank class so they are designed to hold off multiple enemies at once
    Options
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjusted the amount of Alliance Points necessary to qualify for Emperorship. You will now need to earn 50,000 AP in your Campaign instead of 10,000 AP.

I still think this is way too low for the 30 day campaign... How about ?
    50,000 for 5-7 day campaigns.
    250,000 for 30 day campaign... Maybe even higher......

Keeping it quite high will also prevent Emperor flipping.

Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adjusted the amount of Alliance Points necessary to qualify for Emperorship. You will now need to earn 50,000 AP in your Campaign instead of 10,000 AP.

I still think this is way too low for the 30 day campaign... How about ?
    50,000 for 5-7 day campaigns.
    250,000 for 30 day campaign... Maybe even higher......

Keeping it quite high will also prevent Emperor flipping.

Not sure why you're worried about emp flipping on the 30 day. It's basically going to be the new wabbajack, do you honestly believe people will be able to flip there?

It'd make more sense to be concerned over the shorter campaigns as emp has a greater chance to switch hands. Shortening the number of campaigns in itself will heavily combat emperor flipping. Campaigns will be more active and there will be more resistance for the "flippers".

Still having a greater AP requirement would be very helpful. I'd suggest 500k for all campaigns.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Impulse will be nerfed with a 1.5 second casting time.

Stealth Nerf = Dirty Hands.

Within; Without.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    I heard Impulse will be nerfed with a 1.5 second casting time.

Stealth Nerf = Dirty Hands.

link? i doubt this will happen.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options