The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EP and AD are trading emp on Celarus. Calling all factions to help put a stop to this!

• the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    TheXerpent wrote: »
    Again you people don't seem to understand. There are a lot more issues then just swapping emperor, it's that you have been screwing over any one not going along with it by bullying and planting sieges so that they cant and etc... Thats what breaks the ToS. If you guys were to keep it quiet and do it without bullying people around, telling people to not fight back, and placing sieges, I doubt anyone would have complained, or at least not as many people.
    [/quote]
    i don't believe i have bullied anyone in any way, i never cuss anyone out, and i never made any threats, i might just be the most mannered guy u ever met online.

and as for standing on keep walls not defending, setting up sieges and not use them... where in the term of conducts says "one must defend against enemy whilst inside of a keep and must fire siege weapon against enemy faction"?

i must be illiterate cuz i can't seem to find it...
    [/quote]

You should read more on the griefing and such then.
  • Kilgorsmudge
    Kilgorsmudge
    Soul Shriven
    Alephen wrote: »
    what code of conduct is violated in trading emperorship? answer NONE. harassment is different, but not related to the trading. others using your account IS a violation of EULA, however.

Good point, "Harassment" (griefing) in my book is placing friendly tents then yelling in zone chat to spawn at tent to only to have opposing alliance waiting there to farm ap off of innocent players yes I do believe not everyone is emp farming and do it the name of justice. Oh don't forget to be able to pull something like that takes working / communicating with the opposing faction. Huh go figure, that seems to be very much related to the main gripe that players are working with other opposing factions.
    Edited by Kilgorsmudge on June 12, 2014 12:44AM
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    LOLOL does Leewells hear himself? i haven't had the pleasure of grouping with Beretic...i'm sure if devs were to overlook your data they would find some pretty interesting things
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    LOLOL does Leewells hear himself? i haven't had the pleasure of grouping with Beretic...i'm sure if devs were to overlook your data they would find some pretty interesting things

You've been called out. You were given ample opportunity to identify yourself and identify what this great injustice was that you so disagreed with. I'd still love to hear it, knock yourself out. Oh and in case you didn't get the hint, you were just given permission. So, out with it.
    Edited by leewells on June 12, 2014 12:42AM
  • Beretic
    Beretic
    ✭✭✭

In truth too. Not to insult but I have no friggen idea who you are. Nor have I grouped with you either. But I am quite positive that it would indeed be a pleasure.
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Beretic wrote: »

In truth too. Not to insult but I have no friggen idea who you are. Nor have I grouped with you either. But I am quite positive that it would indeed be a pleasure.

Birds of the same feather, flock together.
    what code of conduct is violated in trading emperorship? answer NONE. harassment is different, but not related to the trading. others using your account IS a violation of EULA, however.

Good point, "Harassment" (griefing) in my book is placing friendly tents then yelling in zone chat to spawn at tent to only to have opposing alliance waiting there to farm ap off of innocent players yes I do believe not everyone is emp farming and do it the name of justice. Oh don't forget to be able to pull something like that takes working / communicating with the opposing faction. Huh go figure, that seems to be very much related to the main gripe that players are working with other opposing factions.

Precisely the issue at hand, hypocrisy. The very people you see calling to arms are the very people doing it on their servers and griefing those on Celarus. There is a video on YouTube BTW of the incident you mentioned Kilgorsmudge. It was linked around this morning. The most epic irony of it is, the one that popped the tent was in @Beretic's guild, and the ones that farmed the AP, are the ones @Beretic's guild has agreements with on Bloodthorn (Waits for Naw to come and confirm this).
    Edited by leewells on June 12, 2014 12:51AM
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭

Again you people don't seem to understand. There are a lot more issues then just swapping emperor, it's that you have been screwing over any one not going along with it by bullying and planting sieges so that they cant and etc... Thats what breaks the ToS. If you guys were to keep it quiet and do it without bullying people around, telling people to not fight back, and placing sieges, I doubt anyone would have complained, or at least not as many people.

As for "I've never paid anyones sub etc...", you're right, but you are ruining the game for people on that server who are also paying.

really? then why the posts about how they were exploiting, didnt get emperor the 'right' way? this whole thread was about trading. in fact nothing about 'harassment is even mentioned as an aside in the OP.

losing an argument, change the argument?

i was in AB monday night and people were saying in /zone 'go to xxx keep', and 'leave yyy keep, zzz is more important', take the inner keep. who is the pvp community enforcement people to whom i report these folks for telling me what to do?
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭

absolutely agree on the tent thing. absolutely nothing to do with this conversation however.

mind you a zone chat out saying tent is a trap ignore @playerwhosaidtospawnthere solves this quickly.
    Edited by Alephen on June 12, 2014 12:55AM
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    I don't think it is the 'right way' to get emperor, I CAN accept that some people do and come to the compromise that it's fine to 'swap' emperor (by the way I've argued that I don't like anything about this, not just the swaps). My bigger issue is that people were griefing other players trying to PvP their way, setting up sieges in blatantly useless spots so that they can't be used for defense

What youre trying to argue is stupid. Playing with strategy, as in, deciding what has more value with keeps,outposts,etc... is just strategy, you don't have to listen to that at all. You're just being childish with your argument. What is an issue is a group of people not allowing others to defend/attack/etc...

Stop with your stupid argument and trying to flip it "OHHH B-B-BUT LOOK OTHER PEOPLE ARE SAYING LETS ATTACK THIS OR DEFEND THIS INSTEAD OF THAT!! ITS THE SAME"

No, it isn't.
  • ZOS_CarolusS
    ZOS_CarolusS
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings!
    This is a reminder, that it is okay to disagree and debate, but please keep all disagreements civil, constructive and on-topic. Should this thread derail again, we will be forced to close it.
    It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the discussion.
    If you have any questions, be sure to review the Code of Conduct and our guide on How to be a Community Hero.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Limitless
    Limitless
    ✭✭✭
    They should just let me have emperor I'll keep it forever. ;D

Just wait for the new campaigns, no point worrying about these now.
    Ebonheart Pact
    The Red Sun: Templar
    Arch-Mage Zeus: Sorcerer
    Ethereal Flame: Dragonknight
    Silent Edge: NightBlade
    Join my guild; The Red Sun Republic today!
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    What youre trying to argue is stupid. Playing with strategy, as in, deciding what has more value with keeps,outposts,etc... is just strategy, you don't have to listen to that at all. You're just being childish with your argument. What is an issue is a group of people not allowing others to defend/attack/etc...

I have only ever seen this done once, and I'm sure they were reported and they were also cursed at A LOT in zone chat even by my guild -- minus cursing. But that doesn't mean its not going on in other servers, even ones that people are advocating "help" from. No, they're advocating to stop emp farming on Celarus so they can lock it into an exclusive guild title on their server and sensationalizing the grief like its exclusive to Celarus. And that's the issue at hand here. The issue isn't exploiting, abuse, griefing, etc -- the issue is, emperorship isn't exclusive to a particular guild in every server now and the apple-cart is pissed off.

On Celarus, multiple guilds of the same faction swap it back and forth and being there are specific in-game messages for this swapping, I'm nearly certain it was intended, and being that the campaigns are being made shorter, I'm more than positive that the metrics are telling the devs that its not being swapped fast enough, else a 30-day campaign being the only and longest campaign wouldn't even be considered.

You know what solidifies my assertion? Imagine this; the dozens of guilds that have been helping to stop the farming on Celarus, they're mostly former emperors. Rage posts, go!
    Edited by leewells on June 12, 2014 1:15AM
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there some way to get this thread removed from your notifications? so bored of watching children try to "win".
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    leewells wrote: »

I have only ever seen this done once, and I'm sure they were reported and they were also cursed at A LOT in zone chat even by my guild -- minus cursing. But that doesn't mean its not going on in other servers, even ones that people are advocating "help" from. No, they're advocating to stop emp farming on Celarus so they can lock it into an exclusive guild title on their server and sensationalizing the grief like its exclusive to Celarus. And that's the issue at hand here. The issue isn't exploiting, abuse, griefing, etc -- the issue is, emperorship isn't exclusive to a particular guild in every server now and the apple-cart is pissed off.

On Celarus, multiple guilds of the same faction swap it back and forth and being there are specific in-game messages for this swapping, I'm nearly certain it was intended, and being that the campaigns are being made shorter, I'm more than positive that the metrics are telling the devs that its not being swapped fast enough, else a 30-day campaign being the only and longest campaign wouldn't even be considered.

I could definitely concede swapping emperor being okay even though personally I don't agree with it but it's not a big deal (the buffs). But it was how people were beginning to act and make sure they can keep swapping that is a bigger issue to me.

Thats definitely worse than swapping emperor to me to be honest

p.s I'm not saying you did it or pointing
    Edited by the.dzeneralb16_ESO on June 12, 2014 1:30AM
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I say that because there are many people who did get it legitimately

the emperors who have 3 people playing the account? the ones who power leveled to get to pvp when their guildmates were the only ones on the map?what emporer has won by simply pvping 'the right way'? they all have won by playing the system, maximize those points, or being abdicated to.

for a pure pvper pve is a means to an end: faster leveling, some gear/gear upgrade pieces, cheap grand soul gems. they will gladly game the system and aoe kill mobs to level in 20 hours, because they dont care about pve.

for a pure pve player, pvp is a means to an end get pve buffs and skyshards. there is no difference.

the pve player does not care about your pvp experience any more than the person who pvps exclusively cares about his pve experience. to argue that they should is futile at best.
    There is a huge difference between the two. One involves players against other players and so when using it as a "means to an end" it affects the other players involved. The other only involves players against the client and so the affect of using it to ones advantage is significantly less.

the difference is YOU think one is wrong, but the other is ok. if the trading affected so many people those people could simply kill them and be done with it. people are affected by pve farming. xp nerfs, lag in zones, etc.

the fact is, this is not affecting other players. in fact the entire complaint is exactly that it is not affecting other players because they are not pvping for their titles.
    I don't understand your logic at all. If it's not affecting other players there would be no complaint in the first place. The complaint stems from the fact that it dilutes the one title that pvpers have to aim for, the title that is supposed to mean the player earned it through hard work and lots and lots of pvp and can then be recognized by everyone and rewarded accordingly.

I just don't get how you can equate this to aoe grinding and say they are both equally wrong.
    Edited by cjmarsh725b14_ESO on June 12, 2014 2:56AM
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Mispost
    Edited by cjmarsh725b14_ESO on June 12, 2014 2:55AM
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    notice how Leewells tries soo hard to convince others they have done nothing wrong .. generally speaking people who try this hard to convince others they haven't done anything have alot to hide
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    notice how Leewells tries soo hard to convince others they have done nothing wrong .. generally speaking people who try this hard to convince others they haven't done anything have alot to hide

Allow me to reply with a series of quotes...
    leewells wrote: »
    You've been called out. You were given ample opportunity to identify yourself and identify what this great injustice was that you so disagreed with. I'd still love to hear it, knock yourself out. Oh and in case you didn't get the hint, you were just given permission. So, out with it.

I gave you full permissions to post this crime I had perpetuated, you posted nothing but empty rhetoric. Seems like I have a lot to hide indeed.
    Edited by leewells on June 12, 2014 3:21AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense another thread getting closed by the same people

you do your guilds and the entire community proud - NOT!!!

can you just start your own thread of " X hates Z", have your little love spats in there and see how long that lasts before you get it shut down, instead of polluting every thread you guys post in and getting those shut down?

you don't like each other - we get it

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • TheXerpent
    TheXerpent
    Soul Shriven
    [/quote]
    I don't understand your logic at all. If it's not affecting other players there would be no complaint in the first place. The complaint stems from the fact that it dilutes the one title that pvpers have to aim for, the title that is supposed to mean the player earned it through hard work and lots and lots of pvp and can then be recognized by everyone and rewarded accordingly.

I just don't get how you can equate this to aoe grinding and say they are both equally wrong.[/quote]

do u think emps graduated from celaras did no work and 0 pvp? do emp title just magically appear in their laps as a gift from their fairy god mother?

i got emp on the 3rd day, and i can tell u for a fact that i worked my ass off to stay on top of the board, in fact all of us did, every single lil bits of ap we can get, w'll get it, even scouting out resource towers just so i can repair it couple times.

honestly if babies bleed ap, i'd stick a knife in those lil necks.

in the first 5 day before it became stagnate, we crowned about 15 emps in total on the 3 side, and they were the one of the worst days of my life, comparable to when i traveled on foot across the Tibetan mountains...

i got too relaxed about my position and went to sleep for 4 hours on the third day, i lost 5 spots when i woke up, form then on i didn't sleep at all, just toughed it out by drinking coffee and eating cookies.

i am not asking for a "boo hoo so sad" i just want to make the point of, "those of us that got emps worked for it, we didn't get anything handed to us", sure we worked with the other sides to make things ezier.

SO, WHAT?!

when ford comes up with the assembly line, did everyone else cry "wtf? dude! you gotta make cars one at a time, like everyone else, you FRAKKIN CHEATER!"

i was smart enough to realize, instead of working to screw each other, we should work to help each other, it's simple!

did the Allies not support Stalin in order to beat ***?

I AM NOT SORRY for what i did and what i help to create, in fact i am proud of it, never before had leaders from all 3 side got in the same ts and worked something out.

WE SAT DOWN AND HASHED THINGS OUT, WE SET UP A PVP ARENA WHERE WE HAD A GREAT TIME BEATING THE SNOT OUT OF ONE ANOTHER!

BUT WE NEVER FED EACH OTHER AP BY SUICIDING!

so once again, if u were butthurt and felt "emperor was cheapened", that's unfortunate...

BUT I AIN'T SORRY~
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    I sense another thread getting closed by the same people

you do your guilds and the entire community proud - NOT!!!

can you just start your own thread of " X hates Z", have your little love spats in there and see how long that lasts before you get it shut down, instead of polluting every thread you guys post in and getting those shut down?

you don't like each other - we get it

D.

So, you're off-topic to complain about being off-topic. The hypocrisy is strong in this one.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take out Emperor skill line to keep from further unbalancing, refund skill points. The system is being abused, especially in Celarus.

This has been going on in Volendrung between DC and EP for a MONTH. So many Garbage Emperors out there now the entire title is a freaking joke.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ZOS_JordanH
    Hello! This thread has failed to get back on course towards polite, civil debate. Since discussion has continued to spiral downward into outright arguing, we will be closing the thread at this time.

In the future, we ask that all discussion and debate take place in a civil and constructive manner. We urge you to consult our Community Code of Conduct and the How to be an ESO Community Hero post for information on how to constructively convey your opinion. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.