The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EP and AD are trading emp on Celarus. Calling all factions to help put a stop to this!

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »

you know how that goes right?

D.

Indeed.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »

D.

Indeed.

then ya shouldn't have an issue that the DK chain pulling stopped being discussed weeks ago

we're only gonna give so much effort to an issue before trolls make it pointless

i could even venture that many of the trolls on the dk pulling thread were dk chain pulling exploiters that wanted the thread closed intentionally due to the reaction to them in thatthread

could be for the same reason that trolls did the same to the oil exploit *cough* cheesy gameplay thread yesterday that can be seen at:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/109228/pathetic-celarus-emperor-farmers-got-shafted-yesterday-and-now-use-new-exploit-devs-beware#latest

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

D.

Indeed.

then ya shouldn't have an issue that the DK chain pulling stopped being discussed weeks ago

I would actually personally laugh at every DK I know that's done this, just like I laughed at the vamp exploiters when they ran into a raid after the patch and died (and likely bug reported) and when the caltrop exploiters were still laying down carpets of caltrops after the fix dying (and also likely bug reported).

So, you saw that our guild was trolled out in that thread to, eh? Its actually quite ironic being as we have strict policies against exploiting and being the same ones trolling us in that thread were in our guild and knew the insta-kick policy we had in place. The irony comes in that those same guys you saw trolling use the leash grief like a free condom, whereas if I see exploiting or griefing in my guild, of any kind, is grounds for an insta-kick. Maybe now you see where I'm coming from. The pot calling the gold wedding band black, Iuxta litterae.

While I believe the chaining or putting down siege to prevent siege is as cheesy as it gets nor would I ever be involved in it, I don't believe it is an exploit, nor (being as no one was banned for caltrops and thereby proven beyond reasonable doubt that the devs/admins have no interest in banning pvp exploiters) do I believe anyone will ever be disciplined over it. I believe in adapting, improvising, and overcoming as opposed to QQing in forums about it, like guesting in another campaign and doing something meaningful there.
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 12:29AM
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

"Of course murder and playing a video game are so the same thing "

You've never done both at once?

"It's generally a bad idea to preach logic when you start by comparing apples to orange cars."

You know what apples and cars have in common? Both can have skins.

I suggest using a search engine to look up the word: analogy.

Have a lovely day.
    Pffffff
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Affrayer wrote: »
    @leewells‌

Of course, and even survived the lethal injection -- three times.
    "It's generally a bad idea to preach logic when you start by comparing apples to orange cars."

Have a lovely day.

Yeah, you should look up the word logic, especially before trying to use it on your soap box.
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

Have a lovely day.

Yeah, you should look up the word logic, especially before trying to use it on your soap box.

Still not getting it. Maybe you'll catch on sometime.
    Pffffff
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

actually i don't know where you are coming from - you, along with the other individual, were asked several times by folks posting in that thread and forum mods to stop - you didn't - again it's all good

the irony is you wondering why previously trolled threads aren't discussed - and yet we're not even 24 hours from your posts closing what was a pertinent thread

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 11, 2014 12:30AM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

actually i don't know where you are coming from - you, along with the other individual, were asked several times by folks posting in that thread and forum mods to stop - you didn't - again it's all good

the irony is you wondering why previously trolled threads aren't discussed - and yet we're not even 24 hours from your posts closing what was a pertinent thread

D.

I only, ONLY ever defended my guild's name as any GM would have done. Don't give me that line like I was the only one that kept posting after the mods said stop. You know dam well what happened, you saw it start and you saw it perpetuated. You saw who was trolled and who was trolling. Again, don't give me that brown-nosing bs.

Perhaps I can jog your memory:
    Beritic wrote: »
    I don't want to point any fingers...but Divine Reapers are known EP Emp farmers on that server. that are working with the other factions and doing such things. but on the EP side.

Now, look at the irony again. But what makes this even more epic is that your intentions are out of the bag.
    @leewells‌

Have a lovely day.

Still not getting it. Maybe you'll catch on sometime.

Obviously you didn't lol. Let me help you out a bit. You see, the thorn in every MMO is a dram queen. You see, when you dramatize an analogy in order to sensationalize it, you are, indeed, a drama queen -- ie, that thorn in every MMO. But most importantly, is you could remove the ogy from analogy and it would really show how you're really acting ;)
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 12:59AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

again - lemme explain things to you simply -

it takes TWO to troll

that you defended your guild is understandable - any guild leader should

also any guild leader should perhaps consider their words if other members of the forums and forum mods are asking them to stop

this could well be considered descending into trolling between us - i'll do my part and stop our discussions between us here - will you?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

again - lemme explain things to you simply -

it takes TWO to troll

that you defended your guild is understandable - any guild leader should

also any guild leader should perhaps consider their words if other members of the forums and forum mods are asking them to stop

this could well be considered descending into trolling between us - i'll do my part and stop our discussions between us here - will you?

D.

Wow, somewhere in that thick compulsive condescension, you would think there would be a hint of intelligence. It takes 2 to troll? That's funny because the definition of troll is firstly singular (edit for clarity: Trolling requires only one Troll, and multiple victims whom aren't involved in the act of trolling), and secondly by definition someone whom intentionally incites drama. No, unlike intercourse, it does not take two to troll. It takes one drama queen. Or would you rather me go full Drama Queen like your buddy Affrayer, and ask if you also believe that it takes two people to commit murder?

Deal, lets see if you have to get the last post being as you also got the first ;)
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 1:04AM
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I see your strategy now... start getting every thread closed by disobeying the code of conduct so nobody sees what people post about your guild. Probably not the best strategy.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

without addressing anything else since conversations between us are spiraling downwards - seems to be common in threads you get involed in

'TO' troll is a verb - something that TWO people can participate in - ie. 'two fishermen were trolling the seabed with their nets to see what they could catch'

'A' troll is a noun - an ugly evil mythological norse creature

in common vernacular, the verb of 'trolling' to get angry reactions has become synonymous with those that participate in such behavior being called A troll

ergo 'it takes TWO to troll' as in the verb was correct

lesson #2?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

without addressing anything else since conversations between us are spiraling downwards - seems to be common in threads you get involed in

'TO' troll is a verb - something that TWO people can participate in - ie. 'two fishermen were trolling the seabed with their nets to see what they could catch'

'A' troll is a noun - an ugly evil mythological norse creature

in common vernacular, the verb of 'trolling' to get angry reactions has become synonymous with those that participate in such behavior being called A troll

ergo 'it takes TWO to troll' as in the verb was correct

lesson #2?

D.

So, what you're saying is, when there is an assault, both the assailant and the victim caused it #DramaLogic101
    I think I see your strategy now... start getting every thread closed by disobeying the code of conduct so nobody sees what people post about your guild. Probably not the best strategy.

Sure, its just me. No one else could possibly be involved. So it has to be just my strategy.

As I see it, I'm still addressing the topic and the logic thereof which attempts to support it.

Are you drama fanboi's done yet? Its starting to get boring.
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 1:14AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells

i wasn't assigning blame for your drama spat on either of you

i clearly stated that you, ALONG with the other individual were BOTH ASKED to stop by members of the forums and forum mods

you both ignored that - you can only be responsible for your own actions, not the other party involved

again - we're back to square one with either you get it or you don't - am done

ty for your comments and input to this point - some things become evidently clear

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells

i wasn't assigning blame for your drama spat on either of you

i clearly stated that you, ALONG with the other individual were BOTH ASKED to stop by members of the forums and forum mods

you both ignored that - you can only be responsible for your own actions, not the other party involved

again - we're back to square one with either you get it or you don't - am done

ty for your comments and input to this point - some things become evidently clear

D.

And if the moderator would have stopped him by removing his posts, I would have stopped as well. Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical that the admins of this game will actually act where appropriate and felt the need to continue to defend my guild in a complete lack of confidence that his posts would be "handled". I do not concur that I was trolling which is what you seemed to make it sound like here:

D.

Indeed.

we're only gonna give so much effort to an issue before trolls make it pointless

i could even venture that many of the trolls on the dk pulling thread were dk chain pulling exploiters that wanted the thread closed intentionally due to the reaction to them in thatthread

could be for the same reason that trolls did the same to the oil exploit *cough* cheesy gameplay thread yesterday that can be seen at:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/109228/pathetic-celarus-emperor-farmers-got-shafted-yesterday-and-now-use-new-exploit-devs-beware#latest

D.
    @leewells‌

D.

If you didn't intend to mislead, then perhaps you should clarify it as such. But I don't believe that will happen except to save face.
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 1:23AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

good grief - do we now have to explain the concept of "BOTH" to you?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

never heard of this guild before yesterday but i'm tending to agree with you - am sure we're not alone in our conclusions

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

good grief - do we now have to explain the concept of "BOTH" to you?

D.

Perhaps you should read the edit (Edit: sorry, I'd rather edit than post twice). Providing a lack of clarity where you are compulsively condescending appears to be entirely and intentionally misleading. Being as you are intentionally attacking the person and not the topic, allow me to indulge: I expect no such retracting of your comments as I do not believe your condescending nature, which is so egotistical that you must refer to yourself in a plural form, allows for lingo like, "My bad!" or "Our bad!"
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 1:32AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

you have edited 3 or 4 of your lengthy posts on just this page of this thread alone - so now you want me to go back, reread all your posts, and figure out which word(s), sentence or paragraph you added or deleted in one of them?

all because you don't want to post twice? - posting multiple times doesn't seem to be a problem for you

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

you have edited 3 or 4 of your lengthy posts on just this page of this thread alone - so now you want me to go back, reread all your posts, and figure out which word(s), sentence or paragraph you added or deleted in one of them?

all because you don't want to post twice? - posting multiple times doesn't seem to be a problem for you

D.

If you would have read the forum rules, you would find that posting multiple times without replies is considered spamming, whereas editing your post is not.

Would you like a lesson in the forum rules?
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌leewells

well familiar with them - would you consider not listening to a forum mod breaking them?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @‌leewells

well familiar with them - would you consider not listening to a forum mod breaking them?

D.

Obviously you missed the part where it says you may not TROLL -- it does not state or even hint that you may not respond to a troll in defense. If they expected people not to respond to a troll, they would immediately delete the troll post. Follow the logic there.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

but lets get back on track and topic shall we?

you believe INTENTIONALLY leaving a campaign after you claimed a throne and abdicating and leaving the keeps INTENTIONALLY undefended and going and doing other things until the emperorship is flipped back so that you can INTENTIONALLY come back and crown your next guildmate an hour or so later is a legitmate and intended form of play

discuss

remember how we agreed that dk chain pulling 10-20 enemy alliance members INTENTIONALLY into a keep is an abuse of in game mechanics and we agreed it's an exploit
    D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 11, 2014 2:54AM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    I can't believe this still needs discussing...

This is an exploit

This is not how emperor/PvP was meant to be

You are doing it intentionally

You are not adhering to the code of conduct

Above all, you, your guild, other players involved, and any guild involved, are being ass hats who are essentially being called out by the community. Stop doing it, stop ruining emperor and that server, and then we can all move along.

There, there is nothing left to discuss.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    There, there is nothing left to discuss.

Try telling that to them: They get a kick out of it if you try.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Beretic
    Beretic
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells

Im tired of you dragging my name into your [snip], trying to push blame on everyone but yourself. Hell you even blamed PvE. Then the ridicule started as you tried to back peddle. (Not just at myself but to a multitude of other people.) When that failed, you resorted to damage control and earnest attempts to de-rail the thread to try and save face. Your pissed that you got caught. We all get it.

You even admitted to it. That's admirable. I commend your spirit.
    And for the record: My guild is on Celarus. We are "farming" emperor. (Edited to cut all the bull)

There was a omitted testimony earlier in the thread about how some of these certain guilds operate (Not mentioning any names or guilds involved) and how they do so at the cost of other players. Guildmasters/Officers of the guild(s)involved in such blatant exploit(s) of the game mechanics should be made example of.

On top of that...

One would think ZoS should remove the former emp buff. As it, and the greed of some guilds have destroyed Celarus. Not to mention the other low populated servers.

I, as an avid PvP supporter would not gripe if it was removed from the game, for the health of the game. It would seem the most logic approach to the situation.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on June 11, 2014 1:15PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    due to all the publicity and efforts to curtail the emperor flipping exploit Celarus has been a ton of fun the last 24 hours - keeps being fought over tooth and nail - legitimate PvP actually occurring in a PvP campaign - fancy that

ty to everybody that came in from all factions

am hoping that in a couple of weeks with the greatly reduced number of campaigns that though this issue will persist, it will be to a far lesser extent

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 11, 2014 6:19AM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    For as long as this goes on, my Guild will be there with enough people to screw you up. However more should team up with us.

But once we have less Campaigns this should no longer be a problem. Other than some brats running around with the "jerk" title and some passives.
    Edited by Zubba on June 11, 2014 6:29AM
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    It was expected that the guilds involved do everything they possibly could to sabotage their own defense: put down pots in useless places to max-out the available of siege, spawn max mages is useless places so no one else could, get on other people's siege and not fire, get on the other guild's TS to share what the defenders were planning, etc.

This right there though is what should be labeled as griefing and if Zenimax don't take actions against it, that's pretty bad.

Sabotaging intentionally for your alliance should not be tolerated in any way.
    Same as rolling another toon in an Alliance and intentionally feeding the opponent alliance points.

These two actions alone should lead to a week long suspension and if repeated again, a permanent ban. There is no way behaviour like that can be called a grey area, it sure as hell was not intended by the developers to promote such attitude..
    Edited by bugulu on June 11, 2014 6:58AM
This discussion has been closed.