The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

EP and AD are trading emp on Celarus. Calling all factions to help put a stop to this!

• Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    when pvp has a pve reward this is what happend.

it will happen, in one way or another, wont be stopped unless pve rewards are seperated from pvp.

basic game theory: if we fight each other over emporership it is much harder for each to get what we want, if we work together we both get what we want. many people in cyrrodiil are lured there not for the fight, but for the rewards. of course they will work together to speed up the accomplishing of those goals.

if you really want good pvp, the best idea might be to make pve cyrodiils where the pvers can get their bonuses without mucking up the pvp of those that like fighting player controlled toons.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I come back to this thread the hole keeps getting dug deeper and deeper.

ZOS, please do something about this.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler: I don't think this is the idea of PVP you had planned.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    Celarus emperor has become a joke like thing in my group(s). We ran into a group and one guy was a former emperor, he did nothing but flail his weapon around and die. We laughed and said "Must be one of those celarus emperors"

Seriously though, one of the problems that needs discussion is removing the former emperor bonus. I say that because there are many people who did get it legitimately and I have no issues with them having that bonus. It's a challenge, they won, and they should be rewarded. The problem is these celarus idiots having them.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    This discussion has got off track. I'm curious what do we do with videos that show behaviors such as a large group of a faction sitting on the wall of a keep doing nothing while keep is being attacked? What do we do with videos that show chats that seem abusive towards those healing or hitting or repairing?

Is their a system in place to add evidence to reports instead of what we just say?

It is obvious that there is a problem and many of us do not like it. Really doesn't matter what guilds or sides, but that there are abuses happening.

I do wonder sometimes who ZOS developers go to for suggestions for a strong representative picture.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    This discussion has got off track. I'm curious what do we do with videos that show behaviors such as a large group of a faction sitting on the wall of a keep doing nothing while keep is being attacked? What do we do with videos that show chats that seem abusive towards those healing or hitting or repairing?

Is their a system in place to add evidence to reports instead of what we just say?

It is obvious that there is a problem and many of us do not like it. Really doesn't matter what guilds or sides, but that there are abuses happening.

I do wonder sometimes who ZOS developers go to for suggestions for a strong representative picture.

I agree. Chat logs, videos, screen shots, where do we send this?
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »

I would disagree and say there is no honor in video games -- none. Zero. The moment you think there is, is the precise moment you find all your gear missing and your guild bank empty.

If objective morality exists, in Platonism or otherwise, it does not magically end when you enter a game. Your actions effect other living people. Wrong is still wrong even if you choose to ignore it.

Those who farm emperor devalue the game for everyone by turning the emperor title into a farce. I put emperor farmers on the same level as gold farmers. While their actions may be different the consequences of their actions are the same. While gold spammers devalue PvE, Emperor farmers devalue PvP. Together they diminish the whole game for everyone.
    Edited by Armitas on June 11, 2014 1:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    We would like to remind you that flaming is not allowed on the forums.

Please stay respectful and appropriate, otherwise this thread will be closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Gold farmers i often poor people getting payed per hour to support their family. Emperor farmes though.....

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• Okspaghetti
    Okspaghetti
    Soul Shriven
    Should close the thread, there is not going to be anymore constructive comments to be made. The issue has been raised and possible solutions suggested. Everything else from here on is just complaining and pointless arguments from people who are too attached to their rank to change campaign.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been in Celarus in the past couple of days. Is the problem still happening the same? Did it yesterday? Is there evidence of some of the abuses, zone chats, whispers, screenshots, videos with TS sound? I guess those could be posted on the forum as youtube links. Is that true?

As a community we do have some ability to stop this. In the long run it messes up the game balance and developers have to tweak numbers to counteract the abuse that could hurt everyone.

To ZOS_LenaicR, I do see the possibility of guilds possibly involved wanting to close this thread. I also see that we do, as a community, have the ability to turn things in a more positive direction with conversation and action. I appreciate your letting us know that this is being seen and to keep on track. Thank you.
    Edited by bruceb14_ESO5 on June 11, 2014 2:02PM
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I have some chat screen shots from yesterday. But I Believe name and shame is not allowed here. But if just a few guest the campaign (like we did yesterday), its very easy to stop them.
    Edited by Zubba on June 11, 2014 2:17PM

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    Shout out to all that went to interrupt that emperor swapping crap.

I would have gone as well but wabba scores are too close to waste even a day :(
  • Okspaghetti
    Okspaghetti
    Soul Shriven
    You know its all factions involved? i don't really know what you guys hope to achieve.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    It worked like a charm last night.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• Okspaghetti
    Okspaghetti
    Soul Shriven
    with DC taking keeps? Yes, I enjoyed solo defending those keeps. Gave me lots of AP :) Please send more
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I'm EP

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Zubba wrote: »
    I have some chat screen shots from yesterday. But I Believe name and shame is not allowed here. But if just a few guest the campaign (like we did yesterday), its very easy to stop them.

I do not want to name and shame, but do want to show evidence of what is occurring. I'm not sure how to go about that. We tend to act differently when we feel anonymous or not accountable for our actions. Perhaps some random sightings of GMs in game on Celarus posing as Quartermaster. :)
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭

I do not want to name and shame, but do want to show evidence of what is occurring. I'm not sure how to go about that. We tend to act differently when we feel anonymous or not accountable for our actions. Perhaps some random sightings of GMs in game on Celarus posing as Quartermaster. :)

Thats what I would have expected. And maybe they do, who knows. But anyone joining the Campaign and start killing the enemy is getting chat filled with whispers and zone messages.. Things like: Why did you kill them??? STOP!!! STOP!! How old are you? We have an agreement we level up!!!! the list goes on.

I was even offered gold if me and my buddy left.

I have also asked where to send my screen shots. But no responce.
    Edited by Zubba on June 11, 2014 2:37PM

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I disagree with this whole "no name and shame" garbage. They need to man up to their decisions. If you choose to exploit and are caught then you should be outed when caught. Post every screenshot full of names you have. Other people who play this game have a right to know who the people ruining their game are. Can't fight against people we don't know. If I found myself close to a person who was a known exploiter I know I would do whatever I can to screw them up and not work with them at all. Why protect the names of the guilty?

• Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been in Celarus in the past couple of days. Is the problem still happening the same? Did it yesterday? Is there evidence of some of the abuses, zone chats, whispers, screenshots, videos with TS sound? I guess those could be posted on the forum as youtube links. Is that true?

As a community we do have some ability to stop this. In the long run it messes up the game balance and developers have to tweak numbers to counteract the abuse that could hurt everyone.

To ZOS_LenaicR, I do see the possibility of guilds possibly involved wanting to close this thread. I also see that we do, as a community, have the ability to turn things in a more positive direction with conversation and action. I appreciate your letting us know that this is being seen and to keep on track. Thank you.

They didn't read this OP....the ZOS-bot just replied to the thread as it's their standard protocol once they moderator edit a post. I'm still anxious to see how PvP is going to be "adjusted" after the first 90 days are over.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    @Huckdabuck, these posts are read by real people and are taken into consideration regarding gathering community feedback and sentiment.

Our actions here and in the game do make some difference. When inequalities exist from misusing a system does effect balance and ingame population's perception of fairness, especially when it is a competitive environment.

I'm also anxious to see what changes are to come. I'm hoping that we aren't going to short 7-14 day campaigns if Celarus is an example of what happens.

• Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bruceb14_ESO5‌

I'm sure they are read by real people...but to think they actually read anything further than the one or two posts that are flagged and then pass this information on to anyone who has any decision making abilities is optimistic at best and I'm a little to long on the tooth and cynical to believe that it happens with any frequency.

Just in case you haven't seen it.....Here is the future of PvP campaigns.....
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/107716/upcoming-campaign-changes/p1
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭

I say that because there are many people who did get it legitimately

the emperors who have 3 people playing the account? the ones who power leveled to get to pvp when their guildmates were the only ones on the map?what emporer has won by simply pvping 'the right way'? they all have won by playing the system, maximize those points, or being abdicated to.

for a pure pvper pve is a means to an end: faster leveling, some gear/gear upgrade pieces, cheap grand soul gems. they will gladly game the system and aoe kill mobs to level in 20 hours, because they dont care about pve.

for a pure pve player, pvp is a means to an end get pve buffs and skyshards. there is no difference.

the pve player does not care about your pvp experience any more than the person who pvps exclusively cares about his pve experience. to argue that they should is futile at best.
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    @Alephen‌

Finally someone with a bit of sense. Highly appreciated.
    Aquilon - V14 Nightblade - EU Thornblade
    I got my head up, but I ain't got my hopes high ~
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    Alephen wrote: »

I say that because there are many people who did get it legitimately

the emperors who have 3 people playing the account? the ones who power leveled to get to pvp when their guildmates were the only ones on the map?what emporer has won by simply pvping 'the right way'? they all have won by playing the system, maximize those points, or being abdicated to.

for a pure pvper pve is a means to an end: faster leveling, some gear/gear upgrade pieces, cheap grand soul gems. they will gladly game the system and aoe kill mobs to level in 20 hours, because they dont care about pve.

for a pure pve player, pvp is a means to an end get pve buffs and skyshards. there is no difference.

the pve player does not care about your pvp experience any more than the person who pvps exclusively cares about his pve experience. to argue that they should is futile at best.

To your first paragraph: Those are not nearly the same as what has been done to celarus. I'm not even going to bother responding to "THIS GUY PLAYS A LOT HE MUST HAVE 3 OTHERS USING THE ACCOUNT" or pvping when there is no one on the map (guess what, there always is). These methods are not "wrong" because they aren't abusing a system, they aren't exploiting, they aren't breaking the code of conduct, etc... They're just playing the game at hours you seem to think 'no one is on'.

To the rest: don't really know what you're trying to get at with the rest of your paragraphs so I don't really know how to respond.

edit so I don't double post:
    1nugam1 wrote: »
    @Alephen‌

Finally someone with a bit of sense. Highly appreciated.

What sense? He's equating "Playing many hours" and "Playing at times where population isn't as high" To breaking the code of conduct, harassing players, exploiting the system, etc...

They are not even remotely the same.
    Edited by the.dzeneralb16_ESO on June 11, 2014 5:30PM
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Celarus emperor has become a joke like thing in my group(s). We ran into a group and one guy was a former emperor, he did nothing but flail his weapon around and die. We laughed and said "Must be one of those celarus emperors"

Seriously though, one of the problems that needs discussion is removing the former emperor bonus. I say that because there are many people who did get it legitimately and I have no issues with them having that bonus. It's a challenge, they won, and they should be rewarded. The problem is these celarus idiots having them.

Celarus isn't the only place this happens so can't really point a at celarus. This was happening on Volendrung and other campaigns before Celarus even came out, just now with the 2 week reset Celarus has made it easier.
    Edited by PikkonMG on June 11, 2014 6:25PM
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Beretic wrote: »
    @leewells

Im tired of you dragging my name into your [snip], trying to push blame on everyone but yourself. Hell you even blamed PvE. Then the ridicule started as you tried to back peddle. (Not just at myself but to a multitude of other people.) When that failed, you resorted to damage control and earnest attempts to de-rail the thread to try and save face. Your pissed that you got caught. We all get it.

You even admitted to it. That's admirable. I commend your spirit.
    leewells wrote: »
    And for the record: My guild is on Celarus. We are "farming" emperor. (Edited to cut all the bull)

There was a omitted testimony earlier in the thread about how some of these certain guilds operate (Not mentioning any names or guilds involved) and how they do so at the cost of other players. Guildmasters/Officers of the guild(s)involved in such blatant exploit(s) of the game mechanics should be made example of.

On top of that...

One would think ZoS should remove the former emp buff. As it, and the greed of some guilds have destroyed Celarus. Not to mention the other low populated servers.

I, as an avid PvP supporter would not gripe if it was removed from the game, for the health of the game. It would seem the most logic approach to the situation.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

Lets get one thing clear, anyone who drops emp once getting it to someone else in THEIR guild is FARMING emp, including yourself on Bloodthorn. That is the definition of emp farming. Griefing or communicating with the other sides to speed the process seems to be the gripe by the community, and I think I've made it perfectly clear my guild is not involved in any way, form or fashion. But hey you know, if you can somehow go back in time, force me against my will to participate in this cheese, get a video and screenshot of it, and then send that evidence through a worm-hole into this reality, then put up, or shut up.

No, I didn't blame PVE, I said that there is nothing to do on Celarus but emp farm because the rewards from 0-10 in PVE are much better. I know this is hard for you but try and follow the logic:

Celarus is a 2 week campaign, so naturally emp will change much faster than a 90 day campaign.

Celarus max reward is 2,500 gold, and PVE quest rewards from 0-10 rewards about 3,000 gold.

Now, can you do math? Can you add for a moment that the only thing to do in Celarus is farm (as in drop emp to the next person in line) in that campaign?

But, first, before you answer that, lets delve into something else:
    We want to make significant changes to the types and durations of Campaigns. To do this, we’d shut down the currently-existing Campaigns and introduce five new ones per megaserver. Here are the Campaign types and durations we’re thinking about adding:

• Bow of Shadows: Veteran Rank only Campaign (five-day campaign)
    • Blackwater Blade: Non-Veteran only Campaign (five-day campaign)
    • Haderus: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
    • Chillrend: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
    • Thornblade: 30-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.

But lets talk about removal of that emp buff; I think you know by 100% fact that I don't give a crap about the title, buff, etc. Or do I have to bring up voluntarily leaving blood-thorn while 3rd (and another officer 4th) in line for emp to drop emp to the rest of my guild (which you were in btw and thoroughly supported) because the current emp was being a obtuse and wouldn't drop emp unless we dropped first? Would you like to discuss that and your hypocrisy thereof?
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 7:21PM
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    PikkonMG wrote: »

Celarus isn't the only place this happens so can't really point a at celarus. This was happening on Volendrung and other campaigns before Celarus even came out, just now with the 2 week reset Celarus has made it easier.

Celarus has been pointed at because it's the first time so many people have seen it. I mean, we all want it to stop regardless of where it's going on
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    PikkonMG wrote: »

Celarus has been pointed at because it's the first time so many people have seen it. I mean, we all want it to stop regardless of where it's going on

Because Celarus is so overpopulated >_>

This is not the first time it has been pointed out. What is happening for the first time is guilds are leaving other campaigns where emp farming there was based on leaderboard players whom openly admit to allowing multiple people play their accounts being 5,000,000 ap ahead of everyone else, and when their "support" left for another server because EMP there was more realistic, these players started QQing. That's not to say there isn't griefing going on in Celarus, but it is no worse than any other server out there where DK's chaining people over the walls to pick up a scroll without actually taking a keep as part of an agreement to allow one side to win while only switching the emp keeps back and forth (thereby the entire server being on board with it). Some people need to get agripp on reality and stop scattering thorns while they're walking around without shoes.
    Edited by leewells on June 11, 2014 7:03PM
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    I'm not saying that other servers don't have their own issues as well, they certainly do, but this is a bigger issue (in my opinion) than DK chain pulling. Why? Because you can always take keeps back, you can kill people, etc... but being a former emperor (as it stands) is currently permanent.

It has also been classified, by the community, as immoral, griefing, and breaking the code of conduct, and probably more things I'm missing.
This discussion has been closed.