The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

EP and AD are trading emp on Celarus. Calling all factions to help put a stop to this!

• MarisGolding
    MarisGolding
    ✭✭
    Hi. I am emperor for EP I. Chrysamere. I just end posted yesterday about how I hate guesting so I'm going to sound like a huge hypocrit to my opponents, but this sounds like an actual reason for guesting. I will be glad to bring in my entire guild for the sole purpose of screwing with all of these people who defame the title. Speaking as someone who actually earned it, it think what's happening in Celarus is just sad. I'll talk to my people about coming in and raising hell. I could honestly care less how many people whisper me troll comments. If anyone from Celarus wants some law and order in cyrodill, just email me or friend me in game @MarisGolding
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Korin12 wrote: »
    Get rid of all the emperor skills entirely. Former Emperor = Former Farmer.

This is the sad part. A lot of people worked really hard to get emperor. And then there are people like this.
    Yeah I agree, I feel bad for those who really did earn it. It's just that they will be the small minority among these farmers when they should be the small minority among the pvpers.
  • Okspaghetti
    Okspaghetti
    Soul Shriven
    You guys worry too much... the passives are unnoticeable and who cares about titles... If they are flipping keeps undefended that just means that you can solo defend the keep yourself and soak up the AP.

what matters in PvP is how well constructed and coordinated groups are. A former emp means nothing. you can have 30 former emps get cleaned up by 8 coordinated players.

ESO like most games is turning into a farming session. PvE is a massive farm, craglorn was a joke and there are too many PvP servers to have fair competition. You can look at one campaign dominated by EP, camp the enemy spawn and not see a sole for hours. Then out of nowhere AD show up and steam roll the map in 45 min.

So please stop your complaining and just stick with the suggestions. Farming is a part of the gaming because sometimes there is nothing else to do.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    farming is one thing, exploiting is another

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds completely unethical.

I really hope you guys are able to put a stop to this. I hope no one I know is participating in this, otherwise they're going to get an earful from me.

Good luck, Noore. There are EP out there rooting for you.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    It does make a difference, passives from the Emperor skill tree, plus farming up high numbers of AP to upset the balance on other campaigns. The AP does allow for more seiges, more camps, more repairs (when not in Celarus) and yes even armor. Share quests and flip resources, keeps and missions. Easy to jump to multiple campaigns, so a variety of quests available.

It does lower the value of Emperor. Others have worked for it throughout a 90 day campaign where in Celarus it can be had in a week or less. Cheers to those willing to go to Celarus and change this farce, but more is needed to end this experiment. Celarus is a different animal and should be treated that way.
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    I will be glad to bring in my entire guild for the sole purpose of screwing with all of these people who defame the title.

So basicly you want to turn the campaign into a red ghost town?

EDIT - who knows.. It might force the opposition to bring in their guys too. Doubt it though, didn't happen the 2 weeks prior to the Celarus reset - Buuut you never know *shrugs*

I don't have anything against people earning Emperor the ''right'' way, but clearly the way it works right now is no good. The lucky few(one) who gets Emperor first has a huge advantage in the sense of earning points. If the person truly wishes so, he/she can forever stay on top of the leaderboard without anyone ever coming close. Would be great if AP earning got nerfed once you get crowned Emperor, instead of leading people to such actions as this ^-^ ..

Edited by 1nugam1 on June 9, 2014 4:38PM
    Aquilon - V14 Nightblade - EU Thornblade
    I got my head up, but I ain't got my hopes high ~
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Malvokian wrote: »
    This is the reason I moved off Celarus. A large guild from Bloodthorn came and started swapping emp with AD. I won't name names but it's Divine Reapers.

As said in a previous thread where you went spamming our name everywhere...

Yes, I must admit, as the GM of Divine Reapers, we do conspire with AD to give us Emp, though we've only crowned a grand total of 5 while the faction has crowned somewhere in the range of 12, it was all us. We even psychically convinced DC not to join in the fight at all, and then we convinced the game Devs to give us the title without actually being crowned.

Seriously dude, how about you take your personal grudges to tells? (Seriously, if you knew the dynamic between DR and Alacrity, you wouldn't have just gone full ***)
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO All alliance war skills/passives should only be usable or apply their benefit while in Cyrodiil, also the current/former Emporer passives should be campaign specific.
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. I am emperor for EP I. Chrysamere. I just end posted yesterday about how I hate guesting so I'm going to sound like a huge hypocrit to my opponents, but this sounds like an actual reason for guesting. I will be glad to bring in my entire guild for the sole purpose of screwing with all of these people who defame the title. Speaking as someone who actually earned it, it think what's happening in Celarus is just sad. I'll talk to my people about coming in and raising hell. I could honestly care less how many people whisper me troll comments. If anyone from Celarus wants some law and order in cyrodill, just email me or friend me in game @MarisGolding

Yeah, here is what I just read:

How dare someone get the same title as me! I'm the only one allowed to be elitist in this game. So I'm going to allow my subjects to violate my own morale that guesting should be stopped just to prevent people from having the same buffs as me!

Pardon me for saying this is the most selfish, self-centered, sociopathic post I've read in a long time.

Lets discuss what's really going on here: The same mechanic exists in PVE, that is, mobs spawn, you kill them; they spawn again, you kill them, over and over again to "farm" exp. This is the mechanic of the game. In PVP you get ap, and you take the keeps, wait for the enemy to take them back, and take them again, this too is farming. There is no exploit, there is no harm nor foul to this. Some of the same people I see talking about how horrid this is are the same people I see farming mobs and other loot in the game and even moreso when they know it is broken. Many emps I've seen on the 90 day servers didn't earn their emp either and exploited for the title -- ie afking at the gate while sneaking in a corner to get some 1K ap every time an enemy comes through the gate and leaves. At least people on celarsus are busting their arses to get the ap and aren't afking in some corner getting free ap 24/7. The emp is not broken, the devs have said time and time again that this is what they intended -- likely no so much as they didn't expect that group psychology would dictate that both sides would see the benefit in allowing the other side to take the inner keeps, but regardless, the one thing that seems to be a free-for-all and not within this unsaid agreement is the scrolls. There is still game on this server, and that is centered squarely on the scrolls just like it is on every other server out there.
    Edited by leewells on June 9, 2014 5:45PM
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Affrayer wrote: »
    Make it so former emperor buffs apply only in the server in which you obtained the emperorship. Otherwise we are going to be seeing more of this in the future.

Disagree, Emperor and Former Emperor should stay in the game, but the way Emperor is obtained needs to be revisited.

Good change is that if you make Emperor during a campaign cycle that after you get it and lose it that you should drop off the Emperor Leader Board and not be eligible again for Emperor till after the campaign resets.

But even that is only one small pebble.
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    Lets discuss what's really going on here: The same mechanic exists in PVE, that is, mobs spawn, you kill them; they spawn again, you kill them, over and over again to "farm" exp. This is the mechanic of the game. In PVP you get ap, and you take the keeps, wait for the enemy to take them back, and take them again, this too is farming. There is no exploit, there is no harm nor foul to this. Some of the same people I see talking about how horrid this is are the same people I see farming mobs and other loot in the game and even moreso when they know it is broken.

So is it safe to say you'd agree with this OP? I'm sure he'd agree with you!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/919236

Oh so much bad here.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    Lets discuss what's really going on here: The same mechanic exists in PVE, that is, mobs spawn, you kill them; they spawn again, you kill them, over and over again to "farm" exp. This is the mechanic of the game. In PVP you get ap, and you take the keeps, wait for the enemy to take them back, and take them again, this too is farming. There is no exploit, there is no harm nor foul to this. Some of the same people I see talking about how horrid this is are the same people I see farming mobs and other loot in the game and even moreso when they know it is broken.

Oh so much bad here.

Is it safe to insert a Picard facepalm here? Or should we all just assume it happened and go about our day?
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so much bad here.

Is it safe to insert a Picard facepalm here? Or should we all just assume it happened and go about our day?

Huh? Context missing and I'm bad at forums so please indulge me.
    It's a very grey area.
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

Oh so much bad here.

Umm no, exploiting a mechanic in the game that is not working as intended is just that, an exploit. Finding creative ways to get as many people as possible an emp buff without using any broken mechanics, while it ticks off the elitists (free milk and cookies to them btw) is just that, a great strategy. The most OP thing in this game is organization and coordination, and that will never change. Trying to vilify it, call it bots, exploits, aligning with the enemy, etc self-identifies you as a butthurt elitist.

When you're ready to get serious about stopping emp farms -- start with the elephant in the room: solo AP gain.
    Edited by leewells on June 9, 2014 7:59PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh so much bad here.

Internet meme. Basically, a picture of Picard (Patrick Stewart) facepalming. So ubiquitous in regards to dumb things happening on the internet, the fact that it hasn't been posted a few times already in regards to this is actually surprising.
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They just need to make the former emperor skill line to be something based on AvA achievements or some other form of currency, not anything to do with the emperor.

Just remove the carrot from the emp trading.
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm no, exploiting a mechanic in the game that is not working as intended is just that, an exploit. Finding creative ways to get as many people as possible an emp buff without using any broken mechanics, while it ticks off the elitists (free milk and cookies to them btw) is just that, a great strategy. The most OP thing in this game is organization and coordination, and that will never change. Trying to vilify it, call it bots, exploits, aligning with the enemy, etc self-identifies you as a butthurt elitist.

When you're ready to get serious about stopping emp farms -- start with the elephant in the room: solo AP gain.

Ok well the spy missions were not a exploit in it's truest sense. And the other OP has the same philosophy of finding creative ways to get as many people as much AP for the AD of Skullcrusher as possible by spamming repeatable missions even after ZOS changed how those missions worked. I'm sorry but it sounds like you do agree with his tactics of playing "Thorkerville" and are doing the same thing. Just swap out "spy missions" with "emp farming" via keep swapping. I have no problem with people finding creative ways to play if that's what they want to do as long as it doesn't harm game play (and this does have the potential to do just that) but please just be honest to everyone including yourself as to what you're doing and why you're doing it.
    It's a very grey area.
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so much bad here.

Internet meme. Basically, a picture of Picard (Patrick Stewart) facepalming. So ubiquitous in regards to dumb things happening on the internet, the fact that it hasn't been posted a few times already in regards to this is actually surprising.

Sorry...yeah I got the meme reference...what I missed was how that context fit in with my post. Nevermind.....I'm good.
    It's a very grey area.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP and AD are going around the keeps trading emperor back and forth. They are not repairing the walls at all or defending. They take 6 keeps in less than half an hour and then immediately the next group starts taking them.

Having a person abdicate to the next person in his guild is one thing (your guild supported you getting it), but this completely destroys all possible integrity of emperor.

This is being done by "The Renagades" and its leader @ Kolur on EU servers. I know them personally. A problem Indeed...

And you are part of a dead guild, you're a troll, better known as The Mistress at EU Dawnbreaker. Causing drama, and being a selfish ***.

Have a good day.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    EP and AD are going around the keeps trading emperor back and forth. They are not repairing the walls at all or defending. They take 6 keeps in less than half an hour and then immediately the next group starts taking them.

Having a person abdicate to the next person in his guild is one thing (your guild supported you getting it), but this completely destroys all possible integrity of emperor.

This is being done by "The Renagades" and its leader @ Kolur on EU servers. I know them personally. A problem Indeed...

And you are part of a dead guild, you're a troll, better known as The Mistress at EU Dawnbreaker. Causing drama, and being a selfish ***.

Have a good day.

Why does this sound the same as those posting like this:
    Malvokian wrote: »
    I won't name names but it's Divine Reapers.

And this:
    Beretic wrote: »
    don't want to point any fingers...but Divine Reapers are known EP Emp farmers on that server. that are working with the other factions and doing such things. but on the EP side.

Sounds like the same problem on the NA servers. A guild starts drama, they refuse to stop, other larger guild leaves campaign, they get butthurt that they can't do anything except when the 2-day-per-week guilds are online and come here with all sorts of absurd comments that we're some mastermind of emp farming (LOL). Drama never pays.
    Edited by leewells on June 9, 2014 8:36PM
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    it's happening on EU Wabbajack as well

and some attempts at Dawnbreaker where my home is atm a few weeks ago

I think it's pathetic, and any of you ball-less emperors and fanboy guildies can shove those 2% where you know
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    heh, call it pathetic all you want. It's not much different from people rerolling dunmer DK's as impulse spammers / casters in pve. People want those extra %
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    1nugam1 wrote: »
    heh, call it pathetic all you want. It's not much different from people rerolling dunmer DK's as impulse spammers / casters in pve. People want those extra %
    You obviously farmed and traded for Emperor. You've gained a few percentage points in passives at the expense of the respect of nearly every pvper in the game.
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    What does it matter if I have or not. The system needs a change, most of us agree on that.

edit. But I'm thrilled to see that you speak on behalf of everyone.
    Edited by 1nugam1 on June 10, 2014 1:48AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP buffs should not apply to your character outside of Cyrodiil. Pretty much solves everything about everything,
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    PvP buffs should not apply to your character outside of Cyrodiil. Pretty much solves everything about everything,

Errr.. What about people who only care for Cyrodiil and ''live'' in Cyrodiil?
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    1nugam1 wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »

Errr.. What about people who only care for Cyrodiil and ''live'' in Cyrodiil?

PvP buffs should not apply to your character >>>>>>>>>>>>>>outside<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< of Cyrodiil. Pretty much solves everything about everything,
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    listening to the stories of Celarus makes me sick..if that's what ZOS is about I want none of it. Seriously?...all three factions on one TS timing the flips?
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    PvP buffs should not apply to your character >>>>>>>>>>>>>>outside<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< of Cyrodiil. Pretty much solves everything about everything,

I fail to see how that solves anything related to the emperor rotations on Celarus or the problem with emperors on 90-day campaigns staying on top with literally zero chance for anyone else to surpass them.

Getting those % buffs from former emp titles or the regular pvp buffs are not solely something PvE'ers take advantage of.
This discussion has been closed.