The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EP and AD are trading emp on Celarus. Calling all factions to help put a stop to this!

• Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    1nugam1 wrote: »
    @Affrayer‌

It's not a comparison between video games vs. real life? Then why do you continue to mislead me with absurd real life scenarios you picture me in and how you think I'd act as a person? A person you've never met or hardly know jack' about.

Flawed logic, exploiting. You can call it whatever you like. I do not have to agree with you.

@Agrippa_Invisus‌

What truth is it you seek?

Well, quit misleading yourself and connect the dots. You do know what an analogy is yes?

@Agrippa_Invisus‌ and the rest of us all seek the same truth that has been asked for thousands of years....

Why do elves have beards?
    Pffffff
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    heh, call it pathetic all you want. It's not much different from people rerolling dunmer DK's as impulse spammers / casters in pve. People want those extra %
    You obviously farmed and traded for Emperor. You've gained a few percentage points in passives at the expense of the respect of nearly every pvper in the game.

Pardon me if the respect from an impulse/standard/talon spammer is taken with a grain of salt. While I refuse to exploit any mechanic in the game, I don't believe that having your guild login when an enemy emp is crowned to take it back and then logging off again is an exploit in any way. If you think so, then ban every guild that has a guild mate go, "I'm in line for emp on XXXX server, everyone come help me get a crown!" and the guild helps. Caltrops -- that was an exploit; a mechanic that was obviously unintended, Zenimax INTENDED for emperorship to bounce back and forth. The ONLY reason the servers actually reset scores is to give other people a chance at emperor -- and guess what? They're removing ALL 90 day campaigns and only adding ONE 30 day campaign. Guess why that is.....
    You seem to be in denial of what is happening in NA Celarus. The two factions, yellow and red, are collaborating together to exchange the eight keeps in orderly fashion to crown their own people emperors as quickly and efficiently as possible. There is no "Oh, hey guild mates come help me get emperor tonight, we'll totally have a good night of pvp!" There is only "Hey guys, take all of blue's keeps and don't repair. Let red take them quickly so we can flip them after."

He's not in denial since that would mean that he's not seeing it happen when in fact he's one of the people doing said activity and coordinating with opposing forces to farm emp titles!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Affrayer wrote: »

You're right of course.

I realize arguing with said person(s) gives them some credibility whereas they have none. I should probably ignore them and deprive them of the attention they so desperately seek.

Good, we agree on something.
    Aquilon - V14 Nightblade - EU Thornblade
    I got my head up, but I ain't got my hopes high ~
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    heh, call it pathetic all you want. It's not much different from people rerolling dunmer DK's as impulse spammers / casters in pve. People want those extra %
    You obviously farmed and traded for Emperor. You've gained a few percentage points in passives at the expense of the respect of nearly every pvper in the game.

Pardon me if the respect from an impulse/standard/talon spammer is taken with a grain of salt. While I refuse to exploit any mechanic in the game, I don't believe that having your guild login when an enemy emp is crowned to take it back and then logging off again is an exploit in any way. If you think so, then ban every guild that has a guild mate go, "I'm in line for emp on XXXX server, everyone come help me get a crown!" and the guild helps. Caltrops -- that was an exploit; a mechanic that was obviously unintended, Zenimax INTENDED for emperorship to bounce back and forth. The ONLY reason the servers actually reset scores is to give other people a chance at emperor -- and guess what? They're removing ALL 90 day campaigns and only adding ONE 30 day campaign. Guess why that is.....
    You seem to be in denial of what is happening in NA Celarus. The two factions, yellow and red, are collaborating together to exchange the eight keeps in orderly fashion to crown their own people emperors as quickly and efficiently as possible. There is no "Oh, hey guild mates come help me get emperor tonight, we'll totally have a good night of pvp!" There is only "Hey guys, take all of blue's keeps and don't repair. Let red take them quickly so we can flip them after."

He's not in denial since that would mean that he's not seeing it happen when in fact he's one of the people doing said activity and coordinating with opposing forces to farm emp titles!

It's not about denial but misdirection. Gotta keep the farm going as long as possible so that either:

1) ZOS does something very permanent.
    2) Players organize and come over to Celarus and enforce a very wild west style of justice and repeatedly send the farmers back to spawn, also killing the farm.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on June 10, 2014 8:00PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just received a message from someone who left one of the guilds involved in these shenanigans. I'm posting with their permission:

I left (OMITTED) over this. I was invovled in it for about a week on Celarus, and here's how it typically went: we roll in and storm a keep, then immediately leave and move on to the next one. We were told, repeatedly and very clearly, "DO NOT REPAIR THE WALLS, we are intentionally leaving them down so AD can take it back faster." Non-guild members would try to repair the walls or even defend, and they would get cursed at on TS and in zone chat for being noobs and *** and (amazingly) selfish. Selfish for trying to defend keeps.

After getting emperor, the group was expected to hide somewhere and go AFK for about 30 minutes. That's about how long it took AD to take back all the keeps, with the walls down and no one defending. Then AD would go AFK, and we would go back in (they would helpfully leave the walls down and tell everyone in zone-chat not to defend) and retake all the keeps in about another 30 minutes. Boom, two new emperors every hour.

A few times someone would try to defend a keep, either on our side or AD's. It was expected that the guilds involved do everything they possibly could to sabotage their own defense: put down pots in useless places to max-out the available of siege, spawn max mages is useless places so no one else could, get on other people's siege and not fire, get on the other guild's TS to share what the defenders were planning, etc.

Rinse, repeat.
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    @Agrippa_Invisus‌
    Sooo.. What's new?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Agrippa_Invisus‌
    Sooo.. What's new?

Just exploiters and abusers being exploiters and abusers.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just received a message from someone who left one of the guilds involved in these shenanigans. I'm posting with their permission:

I left (OMITTED) over this. I was invovled in it for about a week on Celarus, and here's how it typically went: we roll in and storm a keep, then immediately leave and move on to the next one. We were told, repeatedly and very clearly, "DO NOT REPAIR THE WALLS, we are intentionally leaving them down so AD can take it back faster." Non-guild members would try to repair the walls or even defend, and they would get cursed at on TS and in zone chat for being noobs and *** and (amazingly) selfish. Selfish for trying to defend keeps.

After getting emperor, the group was expected to hide somewhere and go AFK for about 30 minutes. That's about how long it took AD to take back all the keeps, with the walls down and no one defending. Then AD would go AFK, and we would go back in (they would helpfully leave the walls down and tell everyone in zone-chat not to defend) and retake all the keeps in about another 30 minutes. Boom, two new emperors every hour.

A few times someone would try to defend a keep, either on our side or AD's. It was expected that the guilds involved do everything they possibly could to sabotage their own defense: put down pots in useless places to max-out the available of siege, spawn max mages is useless places so no one else could, get on other people's siege and not fire, get on the other guild's TS to share what the defenders were planning, etc.

Rinse, repeat.

Yeah...this is wrong on so many levels. This really needs to get an official response on whether or not this is allowed, because if this isn't exploiting then I don't know what is.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Agrippa_Invisus‌
    Sooo.. What's new?

nothings new - cheats will always be cheats - nobody is here to babysit your ethics and morals

the posts are to make it clear to ZOS as to the unintentional flaw in their mechanics, and that many are opposed to the flaw being abused and exploited

after that it's up to ZOS

the proposal by @ZOS_BrianWheeler is a start and though lack of feedback from ZOS regarding these matters is frustrating, at least we can see that small steps are being made in the right direction

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rinse, repeat.

Yeah...this is wrong on so many levels. This really needs to get an official response on whether or not this is allowed, because if this isn't exploiting then I don't know what is.

It is, in fact, a direct Terms of Service violation. Any harassment of the defending players violates the following:
    8. Rules of Conduct
    You agree not to use any Service to:
    [...snip...]
    • Harass, stalk, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another user of any Services that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.;
    • Take any action, organize, transmit any content, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, or guild that is harmful, tortuous, abusive, hateful (including “hate speech”), racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, libelous, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or is, in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or deemed to be in the sole discretion of ZeniMax inappropriate;

It's banhammer time.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on June 10, 2014 10:21PM
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

The difference there is people don't exploit game mechanics.

You can scream exploit at the top of your lungs all you want - it doesn't make it so until it's official. Have no more reason to defend myself than anyone else taking advantage of xp grinding/motif farming/fotm DK builds.

So If I say, murdered someone...that's not a crime until I'm found guilty by a jury? That's the same logic you're applying here.

Of course murder and playing a video game are so the same thing >_>

It's generally a bad idea to preach logic when you start by comparing apples to orange cars.
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    caltrops was an exploit and they didn't ban anybody for that either

the base logic for your point is flawed

and whereas keeps are intended to be captured and recaptured. it was never intended to trade them between alliances uncontested as you guys are doing it,per a pre launch video interview with paul sage

they specifically made it that you get more AP for defending vs attacking a keep to discourage it - the 'former emperor' sparklies have blinded some the the truth of the exploit it seems

D.

I disagree. Trading emperor uncontested maybe a grey line, but logging in when you see an emp is crowned and then leaving the server when you've gotten it back is a far cry to exploiting, in fact I'd say grinding mobs, farming motifs, etc are more along the lines of exploiting than coming in to retake emperorship.
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

It's not about denial but misdirection. Gotta keep the farm going as long as possible so that either:

1) ZOS does something very permanent.
    2) Players organize and come over to Celarus and enforce a very wild west style of justice and repeatedly send the farmers back to spawn, also killing the farm.

Yeah, ZOS is doing something permanent about it, they're creating 5 day campaigns so emp switches even faster.

Rinse, repeat.

It is wrong. They should make it so a wall has to "break" to cap the flags like happens when someone tries to take a flag while sneaking in a keep (and finding out the flag will never flip unless the wall is down). This would fix that issue. Also,t he oil issue, I've witnessed several times and it was wrong on so many levels and in no way was anyone in my guild involved in this and immediately left the area when we saw it. While its certainly not an exploit to sabotage your allies for personal gain, its definitely cheesy, as cheesy as oiling the ground and maybe ZOS should fix the issue, but it would seem they're going in the opposite direction with the new campaign lineup.

One simple fix would resolve all these issues... Listen carefully: Friendly Fire.
    Edited by leewells on June 10, 2014 10:39PM
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    One simple fix would resolve all these issues... Listen carefully: Friendly Fire.

You are out of your mind. That would turn Cyrodiil from an Open World into a FFA, a completely different game.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

the oil is definitely an exploit - you either get that or you don't

your ethics are yours, mine are mine - am good with that

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 10, 2014 10:42PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

the oil is definitely an exploit - you either get that or you don't - you don't and all's good

D.

Except the devs have stated several times that oil on the ground is working as intended and not an exploit.

You are out of your mind. That would turn Cyrodiil from an Open World into a FFA, a completely different game.

Maybe, but I believe that friendly fire that removes AP (neg ap for killing an ally) would work just fine and it would solve the problem of arses putting oil down to prevent counter-siege. But I can see how small groups of folks trolling their alliance or smack talking them wouldn't want this to happen.
    Edited by leewells on June 10, 2014 10:45PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

the oil is definitely an exploit - you either get that or you don't - you don't and all's good

D.

Except the devs have stated several times that oil on the ground is working as intended and not an exploit.

Maybe, but I believe that friendly fire that removes AP (neg ap for killing an ally) would work just fine and it would solve the problem of arses putting oil down to prevent counter-siege.

i'm talking about the placing of 20 oil pots on the far side of the keep from where the attack is

D
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    So I was there interupting these fools tonight. It worked, but its insane how they all try to talk us into leaving and stop killing the enemy. If Zenimax is interested I have screen shots of the chats where they try to explain what they are doing. I wish more would come and help, so we don't have to run around on that stupid campaign every night. But if needed we will.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

D.

Maybe, but I believe that friendly fire that removes AP (neg ap for killing an ally) would work just fine and it would solve the problem of arses putting oil down to prevent counter-siege.

i'm talking about the placing of 20 oil pots on the far side of the keep from where the attack is

D

Again, its cheesy as heck, and I'd also be livid if I were trying to defend the keep, but how is this any different than a pissed off DK chaining 10 enemies inside a keep to grab a scroll, or to flank a counter-siege? Its no more of an exploit than a newb group maxing siege with ice trebs when taking down a wall and then leaving the 20 ice trebs outside when its time to move inside. While one is unintentional and the other intentional, the point remains the same.

And for the record: My guild is on Celarus. We are "farming" emperor. Do we communicate with AD? No (We can't since we trolled them 4 weeks ago and caused us to put each other on ignore). Do we purposely sabotage our alliance? No. We log off or go guest elsewhere, yes, but we do not put down oil or chain people on the walls to purposely sabotage our alliance. If other guilds want to defend the crown, knock yourselves out!

We do, indeed, have an agreement with multiple alliance guilds that we will drop emperor to them and them to us when we get it. Again, this was a very much intended mechanic, else they wouldn't have placed the message, "XXXXX has abdicated the throne!" Take caltrops for instance, the message said, "Slows enemies, does xxx damage every 2 seconds". It did not say "eliminates enemy siege", yet when you leave campaign to drop empororship to the next guy in line to "farm" it, there is a nice little message letting you know it has been done. So the question becomes, if farming emp wasn't an intended ordeal, why is there a special, built-in, in-game message designed specifically for farming the emp title?

You see, using caltrops defensively against siege -- that was an exploit as the side effect of being in god mode against siege obviously wasn't listed in any in-game programmed text. But farming emp? Its pre-programmed.
    Edited by leewells on June 10, 2014 11:06PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

D.

D

Again, its cheesy as heck, and I'd also be livid if I were trying to defend the keep, but how is this any different than a pissed off DK chaining 10 enemies inside a keep to grab a scroll, or to flank a counter-siege? Its no more of an exploit than a newb group maxing siege with ice trebs when taking down a wall and then leaving the 20 ice trebs outside when its time to move inside. While one is unintentional and the other intentional, the point remains the same.

again - you either get it or you don't - you don't and all's good

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

D.

D

again - you either get it or you don't - you don't and all's good

D.

Again, explain to me how this is any different than a pissed off DK chaining 10-20 enemies up on the wall and I'll concede.

You're obviously missing my point. Either you attack the issue of griefing, or farming. Don't throw both in the same pot and call it soup. Either tell us how the griefing is wrong or tell us how the farming is wrong and please stop trying the blur the lines because they are two separate problems underscored with grossly different severity. Griefing is not exploiting. Farming is not exploiting. Even when you combine the two, while it is still not "right", they are still not exploiting.
    Edited by leewells on June 10, 2014 11:17PM
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So placing siege weapons in poor places, so that other players, players who enjoy playing the game and enjoy the challenge of player versus player combat, cannot properly defend keeps is just cheesy?

It completely defeats the spirit of Cyrodiil. FYI, there are people who are in Cyrodiil that just like killing other players. The like playing as a team and overcoming the odds. They like spending two hours defending a keep and fighting tooth and nail to keep it.

@leewells enjoy your circle jerk while it lasts. Thanks to you guys no one will respect the emperor title.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

ok - we'll take this very slowly so you don't miss a step:

it's called -

INTENTIONAL and abusive use of unintended game mechanics

got that? - not too difficult to comprehend?

we're all aware of them - it's down to the individual and his character as to whether to abuse these unintended game mechanics

now if you got that first part we'll get to the part where you might not be able to follow along - and we'll use your earlier example so that you're not struggling with the problem of two new concepts at the same time

the new players who used 20 ice trebs to take down a wall and left them standing will realize as soon as they go inside and try set down new siege that they have goofed and will laugh and learn at their mistakes - their intent was never to INTENTIONALLY harm, damage, abuse, impede anybody else's game play

the exploiters INTENTIONALLY set down the 20 oil pots on the other side

see the difference? - no need to reply - again - either you get it or you don't - once it's been broken down for you on a level that a kindergarten child could comprehend, i can do no more

D.

Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    So placing siege weapons in poor places, so that other players, players who enjoy playing the game and enjoy the challenge of player versus player combat, cannot properly defend keeps is just cheesy?

It completely defeats the spirit of Cyrodiil. FYI, there are people who are in Cyrodiil that just like killing other players. The like playing as a team and overcoming the odds. They like spending two hours defending a keep and fighting tooth and nail to keep it.

@leewells enjoy your circle jerk while it lasts. Thanks to you guys no one will respect the emperor title.

If they truly wanted action and 'real pvp' they would not be on Celarus anyway. It doesn't take half a day to figure out that server is underpopulated.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

as for calling it soup - let's get this one cleared up for you in a separate post so you can still follow along

ready?

the exploit farmers are doing the griefing

there - now you see how they are connected? - or do we need another laborious post explaining this for you also?

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 10, 2014 11:26PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »

If they truly wanted action and 'real pvp' they would not be on Celarus anyway. It doesn't take half a day to figure out that server is underpopulated.

Maybe they don't know any better? Sounds like a copout. They should know better, no one cares about Celarus, emperor farming doesn't matter because no one is there. Yeah, ok.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Lets take this line-by-line...
    @leewells‌

ok - we'll take this very slowly so you don't miss a step:

it's called -

INTENTIONAL and abusive use of unintended game mechanics

And chaining up 10-20 enemy players? Is this not intetntional and abusive use of unintended game mechanics? If not, explain, like I've asked in the past 2 posts how it is any diffrent.
    got that? - not too difficult to comprehend?

Is the question above THAT difficult to answer?
    the new players who used 20 ice trebs to take down a wall and left them standing will realize as soon as they go inside and try set down new siege that they have goofed and will laugh and learn at their mistakes - their intent was never to INTENTIONALLY harm, damage, abuse, impede anybody else's game play

Yeah you answered that, as I said one was intention and the other not, but you sitll have not answered the question about chaining enemies inside a keep.
    the exploiters INTENTIONALLY set down the 20 oil pots on the other side

And they also CHAINED enemies inside the keep, just as they do on other servers to give the other side a scroll when they're pissed off. Again, HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT?
    see the difference? - no need to reply - again - either you get it or you don't - once it's been broken down for you on a level that a kindergarten child could comprehend, i can do no more

Exactly, you have failed once again to answer one single, simple question that you likely cannot answer because you likely use it or benefit from it yourself because the problem is RAMPANT on EVERY server. So, lets not address these issues on other servers, lets address it on Celarus so the elitists can keep their emp title "special". yeah, Ok bub.

I know I'm asking a rhetorical question and yeah, I know the answer, but I was waiting for you to take a shot at it. It is quite simple really. The only difference between chaining enemies up to take a keep and putting pots down to prevent siege is that chaining enemies up is still beneficial to the elitists on other servers that use it to keep their emp titles, you know, so people can take a scroll without actually taking the keep? But I don't see anyone complaining about the ridiculous amount of chaining that goes on in Celarus, only the oil pots that I've ever seen used ONCE. But we all know why there is a void of complaints about that.
    Edited by leewells on June 10, 2014 11:36PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

i'll answer that one for you also - it's clear you have problems being able to focus on more than one thing at a time and not being able to correlate one exploit with another

a DK chain intentionally pulling 20 players of an enemy faction into a keep to give that enemy faction an advantage is an exploit

so that we haven't lost you again let's go over lesson #1 first -

an exploit is an intentional and abusive use of unintended game mechanics

we good now?

if not i'll need to ask if there are any members in the audience with experience teaching pre school children since I have only taught at levels higher than that and i can't make it any simpler for you to grasp the concepts here

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 10, 2014 11:40PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    @Worstluck‌

Honestly, what can you do about 30 man guild parties wanting to crown themselves. What can you do as an individual? You can try and screw up their plans just for 'fun' - they'll eventually get it their way anyhow.

There is no ''honor'' to be gained on Celarus at the moment. But yes, people don't know any better, suppose that's why the 'farmers' encourage the newcomers to go along with their plans if you want to stay and 'have fun' on Celarus. (fighting an opposition). EP could paint the map red any second they wanted to, just putting it out there.
    Edited by 1nugam1 on June 10, 2014 11:40PM
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

i'll answer that one for you also - it's clear you have problems being able to focus on more than one thing at a time and not being able to correlate one exploit with another

a DK chain pulling 20 players of an enemy faction into a keep to give that enemy faction is an exploit

we good now?

if not i'll need to ask if there are any members in the audience with experience teaching pre school children since I have only taught at levels higher than that and i can't make it any simpler for you to grasp the concepts here

D.

Much better, sorry I didn't want to double post so you'll have to review my post for the edit -- basically now explain why people aren't complaining about chain "grief" (I'm still not calling it an exploit) that happens four times as often as oil pots. Or, do you concur?
    @Worstluck‌

Honestly, what can you do about 30 man guild parties wanting to crown themselves. What can you do as an individual? You can try and screw up their plans just for 'fun' - they'll eventually get it their way anyhow.

There is no ''honor'' to be gained on Celarus at the moment. But yes, people don't know any better, suppose that's why the 'farmers' encourage the newcomers to go along with their plans if you want to stay and 'have fun' on Celarus. (fighting an opposition). EP could paint the map red any second they wanted to, just putting it out there.

Celarus is a 2 week campaign with trash rewards. No one cares about who wins the campaign for the simple fact there is no incentive to win. You could get a better reward by leveling an alt to level 10. What there is incentive to win is emp. Now combine that with the short duration nature of the campaign and people start putting 2 and 2 together; "hey, this is an emp farming campaign".

I would disagree and say there is no honor in video games -- none. Zero. The moment you think there is, is the precise moment you find all your gear missing and your guild bank empty.

Again the problem on Celarus and EP painting that map red, is it isn't fun to stare at a red/blue/yellow/green/purple/pinkphone map. So people go guest elsewhere to get in a few good fights, so really, what else is there to do when the map is painted red? Rhetorical question, I'll answer that: Let them take it back so you can return the favor to keep the campaign alive.
    Edited by leewells on June 10, 2014 11:48PM
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree and it happens on my campaign too. It sucks and I usually just leave when it happens. There isn't anything you can do as an individual. I am not surprised that the developers did not see this coming with their lack of foresight. The amount of exploiting in this game is nuts
    ―Madanach
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌

a DK chain pulling 20 players of an enemy faction into a keep to give that enemy faction is an exploit

we good now?

D.

Much better, sorry I didn't want to double post so you'll have to review my post for the edit -- basically now explain why people aren't complaining about chain "grief" (I'm still not calling it an exploit) that happens four times as often as oil pots. Or, do you concur?

i fully concur and agree - The Noore has never used abusive chain pulling, nor ever will, if I ever found out somebody was, they'd no longer be a part of our community

screenshots and videos of this abuse have been taken by us approx 5-6 weeks ago and submitted to the devs - more than that as guild we cannot do - we did make a post regarding it and it went by the wayside - i think it was closed due to folks trolling in it, the devs giving a warning to stop the trolling - it didn't stop and the post got closed

you know how that goes right?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

This discussion has been closed.