Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

EP and AD are trading emp on Celarus. Calling all factions to help put a stop to this!

Korin12
Korin12
Soul Shriven
EP and AD are going around the keeps trading emperor back and forth. They are not repairing the walls at all or defending. They take 6 keeps in less than half an hour and then immediately the next group starts taking them.

Having a person abdicate to the next person in his guild is one thing (your guild supported you getting it), but this completely destroys all possible integrity of emperor.

DC you can stop both by trying to take keeps. AD you can stop EP by repairing walls and fighting them, and EP you can do the same against AD. Please help us stop this shaming of the title!
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe no one wants to repair the walls because they are saving their Alliance Points for the really nice armor you get in the starting areas. They are purples and really help, they cost over 100,000 Alliance Points each. Maybe instead of calling for people to PvP the right way, we should call on ZeniMax to reduce the cost to the Vet 10 Purple Armor in the Cyrodiil Shops near the wayshrine starting areas..

This would get people to spend their Alliance Points a lot more. After I got all my nice shiny armor I would help to repair walls. Till then I'm hoarding my Alliance Points.
    Edited by TRIP233 on June 8, 2014 8:36AM
  • Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    Maybe no one wants to repair the walls because they are saving their Alliance Points for the really nice armor you get in the starting areas. They are purples and really help, they cost over 100,000 Alliance Points each. Maybe instead of calling for people to PvP the right way, we should call on ZeniMax to reduce the cost to the Vet 10 Purple Armor in the Cyrodiil Shops near the wayshrine starting areas..

This would get people to spend their Alliance Points a lot more. After I got all my nice shiny armor I would help to repair walls. Till then I'm hoarding my Alliance Points.

Agree, although I don't hoard all my AP, I do cringe every time i spend over 20K AP in sieges and walla repairs every time I head out with a group. It really sucks, spend 20k AP gain 18K AP without farming. It's stupid and needs to be looked at, either reduce the cost of armors in cyrodiil or drastically reduce the costs of wall repairs and sieges.
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
  • CletusMcGuilly

Nope. People are being told and yelled at in /zone chat for playing the game it was meant to be played.

And you obviously have no idea how to obtain the AvA armor. If that was your aim you WOULD repair the walls because there's a good chance at getting those pieces in the mail. (or even buying them in a Guild Store)
  • dafraorb16_ESO
    dafraorb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    time to fix/remove the former emperor passive
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭

This response is a diversion (valid regarding the armor cost though) and not just saving points. It is about making it easier for the next faction who is waiting at the keep to take over. It is a way to say shhhhh don't tell anyone.

Edited by bruceb14_ESO5 on June 8, 2014 1:37PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah - it is very blatant

Celarus is my home campaign for my baby toon - I am on the AD side

i spend MANY hours there every day

there is a group of people on both the AD and EP side involved in this (per the ZOS naming and shaming code of conduct i'll not name them, but if they'd like to step into the conversation i'd be thrilled)

when AD owns all the inner keeps and crowns their next emperor, we are TOLD in zone chat not to defend them and to let EP take them back because they have an 'arrangement' between them

those of us that defend them and engage in PvP are berated and belittled in zone chat - noobs, scrubs,that we aren't team players, some colorful 4-letter words, ruining the emperor farm for everybody involved in it etc - zone chat can get ugly to say the least

we've had EP /tell us in game asking 'wtf you doing - you're meant tolet is take these back' as we stand over their corpses on the rare occasion we have a successful keep defence

if we put up too much of a struggle they port in more guildies/friends from wabba to zerg overwhelm us - and i don't even have an issue with that

once the keeps are flipped back the call from these individuals goes out in zone - 'emperor group forming - if any of you care about AD owning the throne join our group asnd help us reclaim the throne" - hilarious given that the only activity out of them whilst EP were taking the throne was abuse in zone chat

I don't particularly care that they are emperor farming and exploiting , though i find it pathetic

I don't particularly care that they leave walls and doors unrepaired so that they allow the EP to come right back in retake them

I don't particularly care that once one of them gets emperor they go back to Wabbajack (where we are told to go by them since we can't be pvp'ers by playing on Celarus) and don't give a damn about ruining the server for the others that play play there

I'll be damned if I'll be told and belittled in zone not to PvP in a PvP campaign and not respond

I'll be damned if if they are going to claim they're saving their precious AP for some gear

the 'excuses and reasons' cheaters and exploiters come up with to justify are amusing - the best one yesterday was along the lines of" we aren't doing this for ourselves you idiots, we're doing rhis for all the little guys out there and those of you defending are ruining it for them"

farm your titles, exploit all you want, but don't TELL ME HOW TO PLAY - get your titles, gtfu out of celarus and enjoy your own campaign with your extra buffs and phony former emperor title

D.

Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »

farm your titles, exploit all you want, but don't TELL ME HOW TO PLAY - get your titles, gtfu out of celarus and enjoy your own campaign with your extra buffs and phony former emperor title

D.

^ That. Believe what you will, but these actions do reflect on the rest of us. I am ashamed to be EP.
    Edited by Affrayer on June 8, 2014 2:28PM
    Pffffff
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^ same. Emperor skill line and buffs now become a sham.
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Make it so former emperor buffs apply only in the server in which you obtained the emperorship. Otherwise we are going to be seeing more of this in the future.
    Pffffff
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Affrayer wrote: »
    Make it so former emperor buffs apply only in the server in which you obtained the emperorship. Otherwise we are going to be seeing more of this in the future.

fully agree with this

cheats and exploiters have existed since i started playing UO 17 years ago - every mmo has them - ESO won't be any different -

i'd even be for former emperor buffs apply only to your campaign for the duration of THAT campaign, and reset at the end of it

with fewer campaigns keep flipping and emperor will be minimized - but those who are exploiting it now will always have the benefit of their farming

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »

fully agree with this

cheats and exploiters have existed since i started playing UO 17 years ago - every mmo has them - ESO won't be any different -

i'd even be for former emperor buffs apply only to your campaign for the duration of THAT campaign, and reset at the end of it

with fewer campaigns keep flipping and emperor will be minimized - but those who are exploiting it now will always have the benefit of their farming

D.

I agree.

Let them have the title, but after every campaign, their buffs should reset. Otherwise we will have an increasing number of people with the buff. It won't be a problem at first but eventually the numbers start adding up.
    Pffffff
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Take out Emperor skill line to keep from further unbalancing, refund skill points. The system is being abused, especially in Celarus.
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yep it`s been going on since release , kinda sad , people have to cheat etc . had the same type of Losers in Warhammer , they would trade keeps , zone flips etc or trade kills on each other farming renown points to rank up their toons RvR rank .

they should just remove all the passives the Emp title bestows , all ablities etc and just make it a bragging right but nothing else .

and people caught cheating trading emp etc should just be banned and title removed .
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    yep it`s been going on since release , kinda sad , people have to cheat etc . had the same type of Losers in Warhammer , they would trade keeps , zone flips etc or trade kills on each other farming renown points to rank up their toons RvR rank .

they should just remove all the passives the Emp title bestows , all ablities etc and just make it a bragging right but nothing else .

and people caught cheating trading emp etc should just be banned and title removed .

I disagree.

Anyone who worked for emperor legitimately should get something for it. If ZOS makes it so the former emperor buff only applies on the server you were crowned, we wouldn't have this problem.

As far as banning them? Think about it. People do this because they want an advantage. Most of these guys are V12 and put a considerable amount of time into pvp. Which is currently underpopulated as we speak.

Instead of banning them, I propose we make them that which they seek. "Special." Will be their new permanent title, along with a dunce cap. Also permanent. They cannot change titles, and they cannot remove the cap. For the rest of the time they play, the player base gets to enjoy this sweet irony.
    Edited by Affrayer on June 8, 2014 4:27PM
    Pffffff
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the reasons why I don't play PvP. All it is is VR12s exploiting and farming points. It ruins it for everyone else. If ZOS does not do something about it, the PvP servers will soon be dead.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    It does take work, even farming or exploiting the system, and does warrant something special. Open up a costume line or a 'sitthrone' emo. Open up something extra for a guild (might not be practical though with 5 guilds). Open up some housing item or house, if that is implemented at some point. It is special, but the skill line creates an unwarranted advantage when the system is being manipulated and should be stopped.
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    I get the problem, but I'm stuck as to how Zenimax could fix that, it's entirely player based?
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Korin12 wrote: »
    EP and AD are going around the keeps trading emperor back and forth. They are not repairing the walls at all or defending. They take 6 keeps in less than half an hour and then immediately the next group starts taking them.

Having a person abdicate to the next person in his guild is one thing (your guild supported you getting it), but this completely destroys all possible integrity of emperor.

This is being done by "The Renagades" and its leader @ Kolur on EU servers. I know them personally. A problem Indeed...
    Indeed it is so...
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Korin12 wrote: »

This is being done by "The Renagades" and its leader @ Kolur on EU servers. I know them personally. A problem Indeed...

You'd best remove that name otherwise a certain individual here will report you. The truth must be covered up.
    Pffffff
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In b4 cross faction whispering is disabled.

WTB in game GM in Cyrodiil, pst all offers.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd best remove that name otherwise a certain individual here will report you. The truth must be covered up.

Haaw I would like to see them try.

But they already know this and don't care either. We are kinda at war with each other. Long story.
    Indeed it is so...
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Two solutions.

Two week campaigns like Celarus doesn't award any permanent Emperor skill tree nor the title. This should also work retroactively.
    A more permanent solution is to remove the skill tree for Former Emperors as well, let them keep the title if they so want.
  • Recap
    Recap
    Soul Shriven
    It isn't just hurting Celarus, but also hurting Wabba, at least the EP there. There was a meeting of some of the consistent PvP raid leaders and they decided to go do this when we're within the last few days of the campaign. In this time we have had so many less organized groups on the EP side and our lead has been cut down substantially. In fact, until last night we have just been bleeding out points because of this. They claim to be doing it to help the same people they are screwing over. They also claim that they've been working hard and fighting for it, even though on look at the AvA forums proves otherwise.

We didn't need the titles to gain the lead, and we didn't need the titles to hold that lead. By that logic, it should be pretty clear that they're doing it for personal gain. I'm not sure why, it's not like everyone wont know that they farmed the title anyways.
  • Malvokian
    Malvokian
    ✭✭
    This is the reason I moved off Celarus. A large guild from Bloodthorn came and started swapping emp with AD. I won't name names but it's Divine Reapers.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not hurting Celarus, or any campaign particullary.
    Its hurting TESO and the DEVs should wake up.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of all the emperor skills entirely. Former Emperor = Former Farmer.
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    I went into Celarus last night to see it for myself. A couple of people in a guild that I am in were taking part. I join their group and have fun for a bit. Apparently voice coms are shared between all 3 factions so that keeps can be taken over more expediently. Whatever organization that was initially shown quickly gave way chaos.

Stories about people playing for 24-42-72 hours straight...mass trolling of people who were deemed "not team players" for attacking the opposing faction...and both blue/red pushing up and getting wiped (supposedly they didn't get the memo about only going to the flag) trying to take the keep...you get the idea. After an hour I left because I can't stand to be told NOT to kill people attacking a keep that I am "defending". The whole process bored me to tears.

Even so I will refrain from judging those who partake in such nonsense. And quite frankly nothing can be done about this as every time a campaign resets this will happen again and again until the benefits of becoming a Former Emperor are completely removed.

Having said all of that - the target rich environment did provide a few laughs.
  • Korin12
    Korin12
    Soul Shriven
    Get rid of all the emperor skills entirely. Former Emperor = Former Farmer.

This is the sad part. A lot of people worked really hard to get emperor. And then there are people like this.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you give players an incentive like former emperor they will do anything they can to get it. When you give them an incentive you give them a vacuum their self confidence can't handle and they will fill it by any means necessary. Whether it's cheating, collusion, exploiting it doesn't matter. They would kill all PvP to fill that vacuum. This is known, this is what F2P games exploit on a regular basis.

So long as Emperor results in performance this will go on.

I have a few thoughts on how to maintain the legitimacy of the emperor title, promote PvP leadership, and deter abuse to achieve emperor.

I would rather see the emperor title go and be replaced with commander. So that there are 3 emperors (now called commanders) for each side regardless of success. These commanders would be given tactical privileges as well as passives. Tactical privileges would include dropping respawn camps (with CD, duration, and cast time), reinforcing a keep, distribution of resources, campaign announcements etc. The commander would be given a group of set pieces that he can use or place strategically.

Regarding how the commander is chosen I envision something like Tera where the commander is manually chosen by his worth. Though I think that that there should be a default election system that would elect a commander automatically by performance should no one cast a vote. (along with the ability to personally refuse election) It would provide a check and balance between voting and ability.

It would be a system that made emperors (commanders) a position of leadership rather than convenience of passives. Former emperors are title only.

* Different campaigns may have different set pieces.
    Edited by Armitas on June 9, 2014 1:14PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Hears_Bright_Colors
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons why I don't play PvP. All it is is VR12s exploiting and farming points. It ruins it for everyone else. If ZOS does not do something about it, the PvP servers will soon be dead.

As one of the AD actually defending our keeps, it is not all. There are players in every faction, on every server that are in Cyrodiil for the challenge of killing human controlled players. Personally, I don't care if I ever become emperor. Having one AD emperor from day 1 to day 90 would be great (given it's highly contested). As long as EP or DC don't get it in my campaign, I'm happy.

I do feel bad for any former emperor that didn't cheese it, but would love to see Zenimax sell the "Former Emperor" title to cheapen it even more and create a nice gold sink for those that want things handed to them. Would probably take some of the duped/purchased gold out of the economy.
This discussion has been closed.