Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Campaign Changes

ZOS_BrianWheeler
ZOS_BrianWheeler
PvP & Combat Lead
Hi, everyone! Like Matt mentioned in his Road Ahead post, we’re looking closely at PvP in Cyrodiil right now. We’re actively working on reducing performance issues by optimizing Cyrodiil, and we’re also undergoing efforts to improve the feel of combat, but that’s not all we’re thinking about. As the Campaigns progress, we’ve been gathering lots of data and reading your comments here, on social media, and on other sites. We have some ideas for changes we’d like to make, but we want to get your direct feedback. Here’s a look at what we’re thinking about.

First and foremost, we want to assure you that any Campaigns we close before their natural shutdown time will properly reward players based on their tier reward, alliance placement, and leaderboard status.

We want to make significant changes to the types and durations of Campaigns. To do this, we’d shut down the currently-existing Campaigns and introduce five new ones per megaserver. Here are the Campaign types and durations we’re thinking about adding:

• Bow of Shadows: Veteran Rank only Campaign (five-day campaign)
• Blackwater Blade: Non-Veteran only Campaign (five-day campaign)
• Haderus: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
• Chillrend: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
• Thornblade: 30-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.

To go along with these new Campaigns, we’d like to adjust guest passes to have a 72-hour lockout, and to make changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP (also with a 72-hour lockout).

Let us know what you think of these changes!
Wheeler
ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I love that there will be a campaign for non vet players. That's the campaign I'll play till I reach VET.

I'd also like to suggest maybe more xp in pvp. I'd like to level my character in PVP just as fast as I would by doing quests in PVE.
    Edited by ShadowWolf613 on June 5, 2014 1:07PM
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like all these changes.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So to be clear, do you plan to shutdown all the campaigns and replace them with theses five? Or just some of the low pop ones? If the former, as long as the rewards get paid out, I like these changes as they address three issues with PvP.

Hopefully you can get some rewards to the Scourge players as well.

P.S. Will the non vet campaign have the NPCs turned back down as well? Without a vet meat sheild some of this one-shot guards will need to hit for less damage.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • BSGDevastator
    BSGDevastator
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing! Now I can finally start a new character and play PvP with it without beeing steamrolled by VR12s. But I honestly can't think of playing anything else than NB since the rest of the classes are boring. :(
    V̜͚͂ͭͤ̈̌̽̏̈́̄͘͘͝ͅR̮͓͙̪̤᷊̭̯̉᷅̆̈́́̂̕1̴̖͓̹͔᷿͇̬̍̒̿ͤ̽̈́͠ ̧̙͉̪̤̙̫᷃͊̋̍̆̋ͧͭV̨̛̺̟̥ͫ̆᷅̄͊̑͌̃̓͟ą̵̩̠̒ͪ᷅̒ͫ͗̆ͨ᷈ͪ͠m̢̜̰͔᷂̱̀᷆ͤ͛̌͊᷇̈́̚p̡̺̼͕̣ͧͬͪͮ᷄̍̈̍̂͌į̠̦̖̰͚̒᷇̃̾ͪ͊ͧ̚͞r̟͈̣̭̂᷃̊̍̂͗̈̏᷾͗ͧe͢͏̗̱͚̥̜͙ͭ̃̒̋ͬ͢͞ ̴̺̼͇͂̿᷄̂̓ͤ͒̒̃͋͢N̝̯̹̩̰̼̑̿᷄᷉̃᷀̋ͩ͋ǐ̧̮̮̮͖̘̓͋̌᷅͆᷈̕ͅǵ͇̲͉̝̠̮͐̐̃ͯͫ᷾ͦ͟h̸͈̹̘̭̯̝̺͎͖̏ͬ̑̅̿t̪̠͎̲᷈͂ͯ̊ͭ᷇̀͗̅̕͠b̟᷊̻̹̝̑̌᷆᷁̂̃̈́ͩ͘͞l̠͙̻̪̣ͭ̿ͧͧ̈͛͛̒̓ͤa̡̛͈̠͇͚̮̬̔́̏̎̒͂̏ḓ̸͈̗͔̇̔̽͏̵̪̔ͪͨͥę͇͇̘̺̞̈᷈̒͐̂ͯ᷈ͩ͡
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also what prevents you from leveling up into vet ranks while in a non vet campaign? Do you get immediately kicked out, transferred, do you lose your progress?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    All current campaigns will be shut down, and players will be rewarded appropriately according to the campaign score, leaderboard status and reward tier at the time of shut down.

Veteran rank modifiers on NPCs will be looked into to see what we can do for the non veteran rank players but if we can't adjust the NPC levels, we will more than likely crank up the bolstered stats higher.
    Wheeler
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good move introducing non-VET campaign.

However, one non-VET campaign is probably not enough - it will be locked due to population numbers most of the time because no sane no-vet will want to go anywhere else...

And what about ppl who want to play all three factions?
    Need at least 3 non-VET campaigns because ppl who are playing multiple factions wont be able to join the one and only campaign suitable for their level...
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    If you level up into the Veteran Ranks while in the non Vet campaign, the next time you zone or log out, you will be removed from that Campaign.
    Wheeler
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    For the short-to-medium term, I would suggest not raising the AP cost to switch, since we will be "experimenting" with these new changes just as you are, and if we lock ourselves into a new form of campaign type that we wind up quicklyi not liking, it would be very annoying to have to save up 100,000 ap just to correct that.

Certainly, I think it would make experimentation with these new forms far less frequent.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    raid warning features for leaders and assistants. Maybe a General feature that would let you form a group and reward those players for following those orders? I could right click on the map and have a set of drop down orders that would give a raid warning message to my raid.

This is just a rough idea and can be expounded on. I just feel players want more strategy and less zerg while getting rewarded accordingly.

How cool would it be to have your guild form up and as the General you could give orders to your individual groups such as rally, hold position, attack, intercept, reqroup, retreat, cut off reinforcements, Drop siege, pickup siege, and many others. Then give the groups who are completing these types of orders a bonus with obvious diminishing returns to prevent keep flipping.
  • Asatsuo
    Asatsuo
    Soul Shriven
    First and foremost, we want to assure you that any Campaigns we close before their natural shutdown time will properly reward players based on their tier reward, alliance placement, and leaderboard status.

Does this mean that the players from scourge will get their rewards in a similar fashion?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hi @‌ZOS_BrianWheeler
    i like you, seen you on videos and been following you for over 2 years and the work youve done in eso, and i like eso, and i like the pvp the way it is allready.

number 1) leave cryodiil the way it is and do not change and make the changes you are suggesting! im sory but the changes you just mentioned are game breaking for me. and honestly kind of realy destroy my game.

when i turned level 10 i went immediately to cryodiil and have been there learning and training ever since! i am now vet level 7 almost vet 8. i was number 5 listed to become emperor in the scourge campaign before it was deleted and i recieved zero rewards after scourge deleteion.

i prefer open world pvp server and i have allways played open world pvp server in ALL mmo's i have played since over 15 years now in mmo games. since you refuse to allow us an open world pvp server then the best option i could find was going to campaigns where ALL levels existed and we had to fight to survive "which is the way it's supose to be!" your ideas and suggestions on the changes to me sound very reverse to me and thats putting it kindly. please do NOT make the changes you are suggesting!

i live in cryodiil perminantly and do not want anything outside of cryodiil. i love seeing a level 10 and a level veteran 12 and all the inbetween levels all of us inside cryodiil. please leave it that way.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having a campaign for non veteran level players is like making a learning campaign for people wish to learn about pvp.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the rewards for growing from level 10 in cryodiil to vet level 12 and even up to vet level 50 are true honest feeling that you busted your butt to EARN that position by fighting your way up the ranks till you became strong!
    we loose that feeling with the suggestions your suggesting.

im a nightblade, i got beat up and smaked down on a constant basis till i learned the ropes in pvp in cryodiil since i was level 10. and im only vet 7 so i still get my face smashed in quite often from vet lv 9, 10, 11, and 12s
    thats the way it's supose to be!
    Edited by Gilvoth on June 5, 2014 2:17PM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Sadly Scourge players will not be rewarded retroactively.
    Wheeler
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To go along with these new Campaigns, we’d like to adjust guest passes to have a 72-hour lockout, and to make changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP (also with a 72-hour lockout).

Thanks Talos, I was wonder if you all just "Forgot" about this, heh. Went looking for it for half and hour a few days ago and didn't find anything.

Anywho,

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

What action will take place to curb the TTP(Travel To Player) trick, if any will be employed?

Cheers Yea'all.

Harbingers
    ~ Immersion is no substitute for Exposition ~
    Karesh Zeal - VR12 Templar - Live
    Abyssiana Zeal - VR10 Dragon Knight - Beta - Retired by Zenimax 5/27
  • Sioryn
    Sioryn
    ✭✭
    Asatsuo wrote: »

Does this mean that the players from scourge will get their rewards in a similar fashion?
    I would also be very keen on hearing the answer to this.
    Edited by Sioryn on December 14, 2014 12:20PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a great idea. I'm looking forward to it.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    I like these ideas, and especially I like the idea of non-veteran campaign. Maybe I'll roll an alt to visit there. Also shorter campaign duration is a nice change in my opinion. I still have one question: What are those rewards you are talking about? I've heard rumors it's gold, but no clear answer as far as I know. So what to expect from those planned campaigns and from our current campaigns?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like where this is headed but I'm not sure how I feel about all of the campaigns being so short. I think it would be nice if there was at least one long-term campaign more on the order of the three month campaigns we have now.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    I like these ideas, and especially I like the idea of non-veteran campaign. Maybe I'll roll an alt to visit there. Also shorter campaign duration is a nice change in my opinion. I still have one question: What are those rewards you are talking about? I've heard rumors it's gold, but no clear answer as far as I know. So what to expect from those planned campaigns and from our current campaigns?

From what Twitch streamers from the Noore guild have said from their PTS time the three day campaigns on the Beta PTS gave about 8-9K gold for those people at Tier 3 for a 3 day campaign.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    murder murder murder murder KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL!!!!!!
    hail the night mother, praise sithis!
  • Asatsuo
    Asatsuo
    Soul Shriven

I see, what are your plans for rewarding the players of scourge for those 2 months of time they invested in the campaign? Because right now the only campaign that was ended prematurely would be scourge.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

can you shut down Chrysamere already? It has 15 DC active and 40 EP and 2-6 AD. I spend the majority of my days guesting elsewhere, and the only way for DC or AD to take the map now is by asking for guests to help.

Also Here is a campaign suggestion:

Adamantine Tower

Everyone, no matter what level, gets scaled down to

1500 hp
    1000 mp
    1000 sp

Another:

Mehrunes Dagon

3 day campaigns with Emperorship disabled
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I see, what are your plans for rewarding the players of scourge for those 2 months of time they invested in the campaign? Because right now the only campaign that was ended prematurely would be scourge.

Unfortunately I think it's pretty obvious that Scourge players aren't getting their reward bag.

And that sucks, guys. I wish you well in getting that changed.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so you want our feedback about this, but ae caps were not up for discussion even with 87% voting against it?

...yeah, we believe that you care what we think... /eyeroll
    Edited by Lowbei on June 5, 2014 2:39PM
  • Asatsuo
    Asatsuo
    Soul Shriven

Unfortunately I think it's pretty obvious that Scourge players aren't getting their reward bag.

It is but as there has been no news about it this is a good section to ask the staff directly. We still have some hope left :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is but as there has been no news about it this is a good section to ask the staff directly. We still have some hope left :stuck_out_tongue:

i think what happened is that they have no way of prooving who was in scourge because of it being deleted and no way to see. = no way to reward people.

• ByrenV
    ByrenV
    I think there are too few campaigns in the proposed changes. My guild/friends joined the campaign we joined specifically because it was low population. With there being so few options, there will no longer be a low population option. Maybe a campaign with a lower population cap as an option? Another low pop cap campaign could be added if the first one reaches cap. Obviously, you'd have to indicate it is a low pop campaign so people that want large pop don't pick incorrectly.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now you can see the obvious lagg and serious problems when campaigns have alot of people in them.
    it would be best of there was a cap of 100 people per campaign or maybe 150 people, instead of the current 200 people.
    it just laggs out too much with alot of people.