The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Removed Acheivements

• Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this doesn't replicate in EU servers (yes, I'm too naive). I can stand some bugs, I can have patience, but I won't accept losing my progress after so much time invested in my character. I'm crossing my fingers right now.
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Aldarund
    Aldarund
    ✭✭
    Couple of weeks means that they are screw up the database. Thats all. If it was display issue it would be fixed on next maintenance.
    And few weeks it will take because they will be restoring achievements from their backup database.

• Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be making alternative plans for this weekend, and probably every evenings for "a couple of weeks" :( . Not really what I was expecting there.
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • RonnieJay
    RonnieJay
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed. Quest achievements rolled back and relogging definitely doesn't fix it.
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    As we're still working on the fix, we don't have a set date yet. That said, it will likely be at least a couple weeks.

If this were a F2P game I would have little reason to complain at this comment, however it isnt, you are charging a sub.

To also know that you knew about this and have still rolled it out the the EU is nothing short of crapping on your customer base from a great height.

I added a three month sub to let you get your things sorted, so far you guys are getting worse daily.

This message from you, 2 weeks to solve a display issue....that does not give me any hope for the future. Perhaps 3 months was just too long.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is broken on EU megaserver too now. PTS -> NA -> EU. Fail.
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    This is broken on EU megaserver too now. PTS -> NA -> EU. Fail.

Wow, a small part of me hoped they wouldnt have broken it too. I think thats small part of me has almost gone for good now.
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad..

Display issues, that I can live with (for a few weeks), but!
    Then I would like to get this simple question answered.

Does working further on these archivements have negative consequences on the existing overalls??
    Will they break/not count when issue have been fixed??
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • eventHandler
    eventHandler
    ✭✭✭
    Weeks? You can't be serious. This is not a bottom of the list priority... wtf zenimax devs... I haven't gotten to the end of the thread, but that was too shocking. I hope the mod posting it was not right.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weeks? You can't be serious. This is not a bottom of the list priority... wtf zenimax devs... I haven't gotten to the end of the thread, but that was too shocking. I hope the mod posting it was not right.

The theory is it's just a client side bug causing Achievements not show, so it needs a client side fix. That takes weeks, as anybody with a bugged quest will tell you.
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    MONEY MONEY MONEY!
    We just want your money, f#### the rest of the world :disappointed_relieved:

(I still have 14 days left until subscription renewal)

Weekend gaming is on halt, not risking breaking anything on any of my characters by even logging in and accidental "resetting" my achievements!!
  • Gwynde
    Gwynde
    ✭✭
    Add me to the list... All my quest-based achievements wiped back to zero. The ones that were in progress still show some progression (not sure if it's everything I've done but it's at least some).

I really love the game, but this breaks my heart. I put so much effort into making sure I got enough quests in each area even though I was overlevelled every time. And I find it kind of dismissive for @ZOS_GinaBruno to say, "Just a display error, we'll fix it in a couple of weeks" – which sends the message that it's not important to them, that the players aren't important to them.

I was really looking forward to this patch, even though I'm only Level 40. Now I think I'll just go play WoW for the night.
    Edited by Gwynde on December 31, 2020 8:32PM
  • eventHandler
    eventHandler
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game for the lore and have fun with it, and I've been defending it from early access to now as a strong supporter, but after this major 1.1.2 update we've been excited for and hearing is coming soon for a while now... I'm having trouble believing this is real. That's really saying something for me to be this disillusioned. No progress on eidetic memory, the achievement in Deshaan's Forgetten Crypts for the group achievement is still broken... Now all the quest completion achievements on top. I put up with the Shadowfen bug keeping me from having Pact Hero for a month now. This is the first point I've started to question keeping my sub active. I try to log on to an alt in Stonefalls and it keeps having zone roll backs. There are millionaires from exploiting the economy. I remember roll backs all the time in Coldharbor from the bots there I suspect, so that's not a new issue. And 1.1.2 is this?

Why aren't you hiring experts to re-write the faulty code systems and run detailed QA tests? Where is the money going? You need more people dedicated to specific projects on the server/client code side of this, not just people designing new maps and writing on forums. Your programming and qa departments are under-staffed and its showing badly as they get further and further behind. This is not the way to patch a game. This is just unprofessional to the extreme.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benefactor wrote: »
    This was reported at least 2 weeks ago several times. I'm surprised it made it through in the patch.

You new here?
  • sajackson
    sajackson
    ✭✭✭
    The lesson that Zenimax needs to learn here is that you need to make sure the small things are working during the testing too - it looks like what's happened is that the devs and testers have gotten to focused on the new Craglorn content and some pretty bad bugs in basic but important areas of the game have made it through the QA process as a result.

Zenimax really need to try to get back in touch with the community here - just disregarding achievement bugs as "we'll get someone to look at this in a couple of weeks" is totally under-stating how big a deal this really is. If they hadn't already realised it problems with achievements and quest progression are one of the first things that get the player base up in arms - people invest a large amount of time trying to complete the achievements and when a patch like this goes in that screws it all up ZOS need to be ready for the royal ***-storm that will ensue.

I love the game but this just looks really bad and un-professional by any standards. The community have supported you a lot so far Zenimax but patience does run out eventually. I suggest you start trying to learn some lessons from this sorry story.
  • Ellemere
    Ellemere
    Soul Shriven
    Add me to the list...
  • eventHandler
    eventHandler
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Zeni doesn't have the nerve to say "we're sorry" and offer us "5 free days as a token of our apology" or whatever, because that will just be insulting and way too hollow of a gesture. I'm almost certainly un-subbing permanently if they do something so brazen right after doing this insult.

Zeni, you need to find a serious way to make up all this bs to your early supporters who have stuck with you only to have this shoved in our faces. Start by telling us your plan to fix the game. Make an actual plan and show us milestones, not "we're working hard on bla bla bla." Tells us the actual steps you plan to take, and give us regular progress reports. You can't be trusted to work unsupervised.

And we don't want a frilly hat or curved sword "special reward." Just a working game where you stop losing our data. We know your "fix" for eidetic memory is probably going to be to figure out which quests we've done and guess which things we'd have read there + add any books we can't return to because of phasing, since the data is obviously gone.

Its the same issue as the banks and rollbacks. It all goes back to the data management. The lack of validity/sanity checks is why we have bots speeding in the sky and duping (making us have to withdraw to stack things from gbank and then re-deposit is not a fix, its disabling the feature and pretending the other way of doing it is clever solution on your part... not to mention it makes gbank history worthless with the spam withdraw/deposit to stack mats people donate, which I do for my guild as an officer to keep the bank from filling up almost every day...).
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    restarted game and still missing all quester Achievements but the funny thing is that I still got my hero title
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
  • OzzieBossy
    OzzieBossy
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happened to me. All zone quest achievements wiped and the progress for the others lost. The reason I pay a subscription is so things like this won't happen. You gotta fix this Zenimax.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To paraphrase Arthur C Clarke

'Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.'

On the plus side though:

My 'Play ESO or ArcheAge alpha this long weekend?' dilemma is solved.

It's a sad day when an alpha port of a Korean MMO is the more stable and sensible choice than a premium sub game.
    Edited by steveb16_ESO46 on May 23, 2014 11:49AM
  • Otani126
    Otani126
    ✭✭
    Add my name to the list: lost all AD quest achievements
  • mcfaen
    mcfaen
    (╬ ಠ益ಠ) Thats it! I quit! Maybe ill be back when this beta game is f2p
    Edited by mcfaen on May 23, 2014 11:48AM
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    Might explain why the map tells me I still need to do Toothmall Gully, even though before this patch it was a nice white icon.
  • erezhub
    erezhub
    ✭✭
    I lost most of my achievements aswell, please fix this..
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that in 1-2 hours time when people start to get home from school/work and start realize the affects by this bug, ALL hell will break loose.

Then I hope for the mass's, that this bug will not break achievements entirely in the future when they first have logged into the game...
  • DiDro
    DiDro
    ✭✭
    I hope to fix it soon
  • Lifacs
    Lifacs
    ✭✭✭
    I was affected as well. It is very disappointing when you are waiting on CS to restore you character and things get worse not better. 4 Days I still cannot play outside of a bank and now, not only have I lost everything 2 times to banks bugs, now I lost all of the achievements.
  • Simon128Db16_ESO
    Simon128Db16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just wanted to say that I am effected by this also.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'll you can add me to the list of borked achievements. I'm not sure whether or not I should continue playing because if there is a rollback I don't want to redo any new completed quests.
  • D00fD1ll4
    D00fD1ll4
    ✭✭
    Eastmarch
    The following achievements will now be properly awarded:
    - Giant-Friend
    - Skald-King's Salvation
    - Skald-King's Arrow

Could you please remove this from the Patch Notes, as it is NOT FIXED?