The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Removed Acheivements

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here for having lost all quest achievements & not being credited for Skald King etc. I have still kept the 'Pact Hero' title though.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    same here for having lost all quest achievements & not being credited for Skald King etc. I have still kept the 'Pact Hero' title though.

The fighter guild has taken notice, and will be with you shortly to take everything you have left MR wolf.
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I just keep my fingers crossed that this is just a client side bug and the achievement is still there (as it is actually shown in the "hero" achievements) we just don't see it atm.

"It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • Ki_Ryn
    Ki_Ryn
    Soul Shriven
    The quests and achievements are why I play this. I was going to unsub because Covenant Hero was impossible with the Bangkorai quest achievement bug except that I kept being told that would be fixed with this big patch.

Well instead of fixing Bangkorai you broke every other zone achievement. Thanks for that.

Let me know when you get the game working and maybe I'll resubscribe.
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, why is it that some free-to-play developers (Digital Extremes, developers of Warframe) Are able to admit fault, and fully apologize to their customers and fanbase, while Zenimax, a company running a "premium," full-retail title with a $15 monthly subscription fee absolutely refuses to admit fault, let-alone listen to the people who test their product and shoves broken updates out the door anyway, knowing well in advance what those updates will break? The lack of humility here is appalling, even though you knew that update 1.1.2 would break the game, you still rolled it onto the EU servers!

Zenimax, we do not pay you a subscription to have our progress taken from us, and then have you tell us, "Uh, I dunno, we'll get to it eventually" when you KNEW FOR WEEKS BEFORE RELEASING THIS UPDATE.

Going back to your "Shove it out the door, we'll patch it later" mentality. Now we're all stuck waiting for a patch for a patch.

I will not be resubscribing come July at this rate. I don't pay you a subscription to get "I dunno, a few weeks" on a major, game-breaking, non-cosmetic issue. That's another thing, you turn around and lie through your teeth about the missing achievements, knowing that we all lost the data of them because of your monumental, preventable screw-up.

Truly, you are providing a service we all should be paying a subscription premium for. /sarcasm

Pssst. Sinking this thread won't make the problem go away. We'll just create a new one, and note that you sunk this one, of course!
    Edited by CrimsonThomas on May 23, 2014 2:03PM
  • geo_twinkertoes
    Same here, achievements from Dagger falls are gone. I level slow so I'm only at Alik're desert, but I made a point to do all quests starting from Glenumbra, and all of those achievements are gone now. really pathetic
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    +1 Me to affected by this :(
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Ok.
    My raport on achievement wipe

ITS NOT AS BAD AS I FIRST THINK

Only achievement affected by this -are Quest Achievement, major zone completion achievement (one for 50 points)
    All small, quest related achievement are still there.

Ok -you need a lots od bad luck to gimp possibility to achieve your faction title -cos even when achievements are missing, they still marked as done on title achievement (Pact Hero, Dominion Hero etc)
    And yes its possible,i speak with player that is on 61 in Shadowfen, new achievement for Shadowfen is on 51 quest completed and it looks he is permamently stuck on that one (at least to moment Zeni add missing quest Eyes of Enemy)

Achievement that are not completed -are not wiped, so you can still finish zones not cleared before, to get new achievement (but i wonder if they dissapear after granting or stay in Journal)

TL;DR
    Missing Achievement only relate to some missing achiev points(that are worthless right now), they dont gimp possibility to gain "colective achievements" and titles.

btw -a sidenote ,a LOT of achievs names were changed
    For example achiv "M'aiq's Words of Wistdom" is curently named "I love M'aiq"
  • Fappman
    Fappman
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, now have apparently completed 0 quests in every zone I have completed
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    I am still on hold for logging in and possibly screwing up my character database for achievements...

Can we get some sort of answer if logging in and playing the game after this "Major" update will not screw our chars achievements up permanently??

The lack of answer could maybe give people reason to think it is!
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    Guess this affects every player. Me included :(
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »
    Ok.
    My raport on achievement wipe

ITS NOT AS BAD AS I FIRST THINK

Only achievement affected by this -are Quest Achievement, major zone completion achievement (one for 50 points)
    All small, quest related achievement are still there.

Ok -you need a lots od bad luck to gimp possibility to achieve your faction title -cos even when achievements are missing, they still marked as done on title achievement (Pact Hero, Dominion Hero etc)
    And yes its possible,i speak with player that is on 61 in Shadowfen, new achievement for Shadowfen is on 51 quest completed and it looks he is permamently stuck on that one (at least to moment Zeni add missing quest Eyes of Enemy)

Achievement that are not completed -are not wiped, so you can still finish zones not cleared before, to get new achievement (but i wonder if they dissapear after granting or stay in Journal)

TL;DR
    Missing Achievement only relate to some missing achiev points(that are worthless right now), they dont gimp possibility to gain "colective achievements" and titles.

btw -a sidenote ,a LOT of achievs names were changed
    For example achiv "M'aiq's Words of Wistdom" is curently named "I love M'aiq"

If it was only a missing achievement, but what about the quests running simply removed? how am i supposed to remember which one it was, and worst it affects all my characters ....

And dont forget that completing actually a quest zone achievement dont give anything either ....

If that was only like the lore, i would have wait, but i have absolutely no pleasure to run around for hours trying to find a quest not done because it was removed from my running list.

But the worst, for me, was the *desinvolture* of Zenimax concerning this. Rather than deeply apologize, they just put that bug as if it was a minimalist one ....
    Edited by Lauranae on May 23, 2014 2:38PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Aashterian
    Aashterian
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here, all the "# quests" achievements in all zones are resetted. Some quests, like Village of The Lost ones, can be remade, and the dungeon appears black to me.

Also, Lights of Meridia remains 4/5. And eastmarch achievements in quest section didn't popped up as well.

edit: also, "Rulanyil's Fall Group Challenge" doesn't award a skill point.

edit2: Light Armor

Annulment: This Ultimate ability’s damage shield now absorbs 100% of incoming Spell Damage rather than 50%. This damage shield value remains the same.

Doesn't work as well, still 50%.
    Edited by Aashterian on May 23, 2014 3:23PM
  • Tenofas
    Tenofas
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the "Quest-achievements" bug! Sigh!!!
    Tenofas
    Redguard stamina Nightblade (CP 810) - Daggerfall Covenant
    PC - EU
  • Aldrorius
    Aldrorius
    Soul Shriven
    They already posted that its a display bug (page 2):

"Ok everyone, sounds like this is just a display error. Your achievements still exist and the data is still there, it's just not appearing properly. We plan to fix this in the near future. Thanks for your patience!"

The time to fix that (a couple of weeks) dont seem reasonable, thought.
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    Aldrorius wrote: »
    They already posted that its a display bug (page 2):

"Ok everyone, sounds like this is just a display error. Your achievements still exist and the data is still there, it's just not appearing properly. We plan to fix this in the near future. Thanks for your patience!"

The time to fix that (a couple of weeks) dont seem reasonable, thought.

That might be, but what will happen when you log in and start on your remaining achievements? Are our data progress safe, or will something be rewritten and permanently lost?

I mean, by starting merging two databases at a later point where names in these clearly are not the same, does not sound safe to me...
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • Gexy
    Gexy
    ✭✭✭
    I lost every zone quests achievement and I didn't get the 3 achie from estmarch and shadowfen zone quests
  • GhostRunner521
    I tend to think it's more than a cosmetic issue. As I stated in another thread not only have I lost most of my achievements and not just the zone quest ones, but I have also lost progress on Hollow City. It's as though I have put no one back in the city yet, all the doors are barred.
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, my journal lost every quest zone achievements, but not the map completions. The only thing that worries me is the fact that secondary quests in Stonefalls that I already made are available again. I hope this doesn't mean I lost my latest progress. I don't care about cosmetics bugs, I'm sure they'll fix the journal, but I care about quests already done >.<
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost all my quest achievements as well, starting with stonefalls, all through Coldharbor. I still have the starter isle one. I'm lvl 49, and have not yet finished the MAin Story quest, just FYI.
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • gardenia.ren67ub17_ESO
    It is very frustrating when things that have been reported multiple times in test are pushed live, knowing there are problems, and one has to wonder why even bother? After putting up with bank bugs, broken quests, skill point bugs, endless bot armies, and lack of decent customer service, I think I'm done, too. This last patch is the last straw for me. I stuck with EQ for 11 years, EQ2 for 8, and Rift for 3. I never imagined bailing on an MMO I loved after less than 3 months, but I'm over it and looking for something else to play. It isn't paying a sub I have an issue with, it is the lack of foresight and the seeming cluelessness of these people. I feel bad that I talked my daughter and husband into playing with me, and they abandoned this 2 months ago. I should have saved myself a lot of heartache (and used vacation time more wisely) by bailing when they did.

Games have bugs on release, and I knew this and made allowances for it, but things are getting worse and not better. I just don't know that I can keep investing time and money into something that seems to be run by amateurs. Knowing that there are these problems going on, yet still pushing the broken updates to us (and now the EU servers) is inexcusable. What are they doing???
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to have this 'bug' as well. The maps show I've completed each of them but the journal shows otherwise at 0/XX quests completed per zone. Not a big deal (to me) but I get this too. Of note, it's only the total quest zone achievements, not the zone 'accomplishments' like 'saved the queen and vanquished the turtle clan'.
    Edited by zeuseason on May 23, 2014 3:41PM
  • GhostRunner521
    Mine is zone achievements and accomplishments. And some things on the map show as incomplete when they were complete.
  • argonfalis
    argonfalis
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue in Daggerfall
  • RobShu
    RobShu
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue with achievements and quest resets in the pact/Stonefalls area. I just had to pick up a quest again that I completed 3 days ago, and I'm pretty sure there are more if I go out and wander around the map again. This is soooo frustrating! PLEASE fix this?!?
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my characters lost every quest. I have one quest, find the prophet and he showed up to chat, yet was invisible with an arrow over his head. As I moved around K Roost I was being asked to see the main character like I had not completed anything, even his quest. Am I suppose to do them all over again? I am almost afraid to look at my other characters because they are high levels....
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    All you people complaining like little children, it's insane. There's nothing wrong with the achievement database, all the achievements you've earned, all your progress, anything you would have earned since release, it's all still there, you just can't see it. Not a big deal, get over it.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • RobShu
    RobShu
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like this is obviously a database issue, do you guys have a back-up that you can revert to, @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    Edited by RobShu on May 23, 2014 3:57PM
  • GhostRunner521
    Niliu wrote: »
    All you people complaining like little children, it's insane. There's nothing wrong with the achievement database, all the achievements you've earned, all your progress, anything you would have earned since release, it's all still there, you just can't see it. Not a big deal, get over it.

If you believe this to be the case can you explain why Hollow City has been reset for me and quests which had been completed are available again?

It is much more than a cosmetic issue.
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    It's more than just a cosmetic display problem @ZOS_GinaBruno.

I Was on 43/56 for Bangkorai (DC) quests WITH one left to hand im.
    Post patch achievement said 0/36. Turned in my quest, now reads 1/36.
    Didn't get the achievement ding, and the game genuinely thinks my quest count is 1 for the zone... .
    Edited by neiljwd on May 23, 2014 6:27PM