The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Removed Acheivements

• Tigorius
    Tigorius
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issues. I'm missing about 20% of all the Ebonheart achievements.
    Options
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »
    All you people complaining like little children, it's insane. There's nothing wrong with the achievement database, all the achievements you've earned, all your progress, anything you would have earned since release, it's all still there, you just can't see it. Not a big deal, get over it.

If you believe this to be the case can you explain why Hollow City has been reset for me and quests which had been completed are available again?

It is much more than a cosmetic issue.

I'll say this one more time, just for you. ACHIEVEMENT DATABASE. Those quests resetting does not in any way, shape or form mean that there is anything wrong with the ACHIEVEMENT DATABASE.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
    Options
  • GhostRunner521
    All you people complaining like little children, it's insane. There's nothing wrong with the achievement database, all the achievements you've earned, all your progress, anything you would have earned since release, it's all still there, you just can't see it. Not a big deal, get over it.

If you believe this to be the case can you explain why Hollow City has been reset for me and quests which had been completed are available again?

I'll say this one more time, just for you. ACHIEVEMENT DATABASE. Those quests resetting does not in any way, shape or form mean that there is anything wrong with the ACHIEVEMENT DATABASE.

I apologize. I did not realize you were one of the developers and knew exactly how they have their databases interconnected with each other and with the game mechanics.
    Options
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭

I apologize. I did not realize you were one of the developers and knew exactly how they have their databases interconnected with each other and with the game mechanics.

I'm not, but I read a lot of what the developers, GMs, and Customer Service Reps post, and based on what all of them have said, it's just a problem between the Achievement Database and the UI. All the data is still there.
    Options
  • GhostRunner521

I'm not, but I read a lot of what the developers, GMs, and Customer Service Reps post, and based on what all of them have said, it's just a problem between the Achievement Database and the UI. All the data is still there.

You mean your assumption is that the two problems are not related.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having same issue as above for all the vet zones I cleared in EP; prior to the patch I have well over 2600 achievement points and all the quests completions done in each zone I did, but now that has dissappeared along with 500+ points from my total. I bugged it but please add me to the list of ppl here with same issue. Thanks
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My quests in AD were reset completely. I went to the NPC that would have originally started the missing quest and they were invisible with an arrow over their heads. I could interact with them as if I had not completed the quest. Once I talked to them the quest updated. So yea something is wack....

What I did notice is the dialogue has changed. So I am wondering if that is the reason the quests went poof? They made some changes and didn't account for all the loose dbase strings of the quests?
    Edited by Seravi on May 23, 2014 4:16PM
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

We also realize that is what they are saying to us. What people in this thread are saying is that we don't believe this.

Based on what we are seeing in game, this is clearly more than a cosmetic issue. They changed the names of the achievements, and the new achievements (new names) clearly aren't linked to the previous achievements data and are using a new field to store the quest count in the DB.

This is a data issue, and the problem most of us realize is that if we complete quests before they fix this, when they push the fix to this issue it is very likely that the counts for quests we complete between now and then will be overwritten.

If you have ever done any software development and/or work with databases, you would understand that this is a very likely possible issue with any fix to this problem.

Also, it shouldn't take two weeks to resolve this. Even to do it properly (and merge the two data sets) should be a single very simple SQL query on the DB. However, at this point, I don't think many people have faith in the developers to do the fix properly and not mess up any data accumulated between now and when they fix it.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @kirnmalidus‌ It was a CSR who told us that, not a dev. She was giving her best guess, not an exact date, and not an estimate from someone who actually fixes the problems.
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kirnmalidus‌ It was a CSR who told us that, not a dev. She was giving her best guess, not an exact date, and not an estimate from someone who actually fixes the problems.

Right, exactly. There is no reason we should all just believe that line of nonsense and move along. We deserve a real answer to what caused this bug, how it will be fixed, when it will be fixed, and whether or not the fix will overwrite progress made in the interim.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @kirnmalidus‌ fair point, we'll have to wait and see either way I guess.
    Options
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭

We also realize that is what they are saying to us. What people in this thread are saying is that we don't believe this.

Based on what we are seeing in game, this is clearly more than a cosmetic issue. They changed the names of the achievements, and the new achievements (new names) clearly aren't linked to the previous achievements data and are using a new field to store the quest count in the DB.

This is a data issue, and the problem most of us realize is that if we complete quests before they fix this, when they push the fix to this issue it is very likely that the counts for quests we complete between now and then will be overwritten.

If you have ever done any software development and/or work with databases, you would understand that this is a very likely possible issue with any fix to this problem.

Also, it shouldn't take two weeks to resolve this. Even to do it properly (and merge the two data sets) should be a single very simple SQL query on the DB. However, at this point, I don't think many people have faith in the developers to do the fix properly and not mess up any data accumulated between now and when they fix it.

+1 to kirnmalidus!

-10 to Niliu!

Database merges with different namings and different sizing could mean wipe of vital data if not careful overlooked.
    Data can be restored, but that would mean work, and a lot of it.

So that's why I am asking, can WE, the players, log in, progress on our "data" to safely assume the data will be correctly intact that it was prior to this ridiculous update?

Until then, I am not logging in for REPLAYING stuff with the history of the game so far, I have around 14 days left on my current sub, but if this is not fixed before that, there will be NO RE-SUBS!

***Edit***
    And to you Niliu.
    Instead of attacking us as whiners and moaners, we who have a genuine concern to what this means, please go ahead, play the game AS IS.

When stuff turns out not to work for you, you keep your mouth shut!
    Edited by ZharaX on May 23, 2014 4:36PM
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am worried everything I am doing is going to go poof when/if they fix this.
    Options
  • chaos-2001eb17_ESO
    chaos-2001eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so like many, I'm on the Euro Server and I'm currently V4 rank. Below is a couple of screenies showing the basic problem.

Saying that, I can see that if the "New Adventurer" title wasn't correctly directed to the achievements database then of course the in game journal will not be able to show the correct information. As you can see in the second shot some elements are still correct.

Quests2_zps668a7efb.png

Quests4_zps2cf1c46e.png

As a bit of an achievement junkie and completing all of Ebonhearts quests apart from a couple in Shadowfen, and even though the giants and king quests didnt show anyway, I'm just hoping that any quests i have done today are actually getting registered to the old database so they will show when the error is corrected?

At present none of the quests I've done today are showing still so I'm gonna presume so, or I would lose interest and go play something else. d(>_<)b
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm here too, all quest achievements for Stonefalls, Deshaan and Shadowfen reset and blanked-out. Other achievements seem to be OK though...
    Options
  • eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I agree, I am not really keen to go out and quest until there is a more definitive answer regarding the achievements.

It was bad enough that "fixed" achievements were broken for characters that had already completed them.

It seems unwise to continue until these are rightly fixed.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, I am not really keen to go out and quest until there is a more definitive answer regarding the achievements.

Yeah likely gonna create an alt here... But what race/class do you go for when almost everything's been nerfed??

Options
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    Leaving aside the depressing issue of how they devised entirely new achievements with new names (and overly dumbed-down thresholds that kind of minimize the achievement - 51 for Shadowfen seems overkill when most achievement-seekers got to at least 58-59, and nobody seemed to have issues in the other zones so not sure why those thresholds all dropped also) without somehow managing to link them to the old ones, which kind of screams Rookie Mistake (and database side rather than display, but who knows) to me:

To those who have protested that they've lost progress in Coldharbour, you likely haven't. You need to speak to the Groundskeeper to reactivate Army of Meridia, and it will pick up where you left off - I was slacking in that zone so I've only freed the King, and that remained intact when I picked up the quest again. Others who have done more also said that it remained the same once you speak to her. Just wander the Hollow City a bit until you see the potential quest marker for her and track her down - same spot where she was initially I believe.

Currently exploring Craglorn and pretending there is no achievements tab for now. Heh.
    Options
  • dim25
    dim25
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem.
    Edited by dim25 on May 23, 2014 5:11PM
    Options
  • Pantea
    Pantea
    ✭✭
    same here, all gone :-(
    Kaiserliche Drachenritterin
    Options
  • GhostRunner521
    No wonder they waited until the free month and extra time was expired before they rolled this out.
    Options
  • Manjika
    Manjika
    V3 here and my quest achievements now show 0, too.
    I could say: "Well, let's wait for a fix, maybe it's just a problem with the ui".

When I go to my journal and check my quests inside "Daggerfall" and "AD", they show 0 for all. But when I check "General", the journal tells me, that I finished several maps. So "Genereal" still shows my achievements as they had been before the patch. Could be ui.
    BUT!
    Bangkorai was bugged according to info from the forum. Had 44 quests, but no achievement, because the journal had shown 53 quests needed to get it. Now it says 36 quests are needed. Had it been a problem about the ui, I should have gotten the achievement once I logged in today, shouldn't I? Shouldn't there be a a change in "General" at least showing me that?

I wonder, too: Does it make any sense, going on with questing? Veterans know, what questing means when it comes to gaining experience......

Zenimax, don't ruin that for us. So far lucky old me had very little trouble with bugs and, along with many other gamers here, I worked hard on those achievements.
    I'm getting a bit.... nervous.
    Options
  • stealthdf2b14_ESO
    i am alos missing achievements related to quests per zone. previously i had gotten them for each zone except shadowfen and the rift which i am currently working on . i have other achievements saying i did these areas
    Options
  • BrightThing
    BrightThing
    Soul Shriven
    For what it's worth, here's what happened to my main character:

The previously bugged "Azura's Ally", "Dreamslayer" and "Spirit Warden Champion" achievements have been restored, as promised. So thanks for that!

However, all my "Adventurer" achievements (the Covenant ones and the one for Coldharbour) are gone and reset to zero completed quests. The Covenent ones are still listed under "Covenant Champion", though.

The bugged crafting sacks achievement seems to have been completely removed.
    Options
  • DeathThorn
    DeathThorn
    ✭✭
    I also have this

my cleared achivements now are:

Stonefall's Adventurer
    Deshaan Adventurer
    Shadowfen Adventurer
    Eastermarch Adventurer
    The Rift Adventurer
    Coldharbour Adventurer
    Glenumbra Adventurer
    Stormheaven Adventurer
    Ravenspare Adventurer
    Giant-Friend
    Skald-King's Arrow
    Skald-King's Salvation
    Merida's Lightbearer

and my achivement points reduced

Options
  • D00fD1ll4
    D00fD1ll4
    ✭✭
    And really Zenimax, the worst thing is the fear!

The Fear for many of us, that something could have happend to our hard earned achievements that could not be easily repaired.

You could easily calm that fear by communicating with us!

There are so many unanswered Questions.
    And so much silence from you.

And all this on a friday evening really really fuels the fire for most.

We accept that things like this, even well known from the PTS, happen.

But i think i speak for the most when i say its hard to accept that you just call it an "cosmetic issue" and stay silent since.

regards
    a fellow player
    Options
  • BrightThing
    BrightThing
    Soul Shriven
    Also, the "Summoner's Camp" and "Daedroth Larder" overworld bosses seem to have been fixed. I didn't manage to get the achievements for them before.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be resolved.
    Options
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed on that one, now I have been on this forum checking in from time to time since page 1, and it seems there is no answer regarding this issue from ZOS.
    This just makes me wonder, they've done it, they fracked it up big time. Lets just pretend it didn't happen, it's weekend, let em play it out...
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
    Options
  • eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Also, the "Summoner's Camp" and "Daedroth Larder" overworld bosses seem to have been fixed. I didn't manage to get the achievements for them before.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be resolved.

I am happy to hear they are fixed too. I wonder if I should complete them now, or wait until the achievement mess has been sorted.

Options
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...

Everything looks fine except for the quest achievements. However, it only affected Glenumbra and Stormhaven. Rivenspire is showing completed and the count for Alik'r looks fine.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
    Options