The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Removed Acheivements

• CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax? What was the point of all of the beta sessions? What was the point of the PTS?

Why bother having these if you don't even read what your testers report and push the content out the door anyway?
  • alive741
    alive741
    Add me to this list, completed achievements and incomplete achievements all the ebonheart questing ones reset to 0 quests complete. Stonefalls 0, (was done) shadowfen 0 (was 61/62)

Edited to add that it's on all characters, and the east march ones didn't unlock.
    Edited by alive741 on May 22, 2014 10:46PM
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to feel like I need to take a picture of everything I have in ESO every time I play to make sure I can keep track of what I lose with these updates.
    Edited by CrimsonThomas on May 22, 2014 10:49PM
  • jonal11_ESO
    jonal11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    /rant ON
    A couple of weeks? Man, I am tolerant but there is no way this should take a couple of weeks UNLESS you just shove it down to the bottom of the priority list.

How about instead of creating new content you fix the stuff you already have in game. 2 weeks for something as simple as check if player has done quest? Yes? Award Achievement. NOT THAT HARD.

I have given all the benefit of the doubt so far, but when you don't fix what you said you will fix, and instead introduce EVEN MORE BUGS and say bleh, we will get around to it. Sorry, I have all but lost my patience with this kind of we don't really care attitude. Drop EVERYTHING and FIX what you broke in this patch before doing JACK ELSE.

/rant OFF
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    /rant ON
    A couple of weeks? Man, I am tolerant but there is no way this should take a couple of weeks UNLESS you just shove it down to the bottom of the priority list.

How about instead of creating new content you fix the stuff you already have in game. 2 weeks for something as simple as check if player has done quest? Yes? Award Achievement. NOT THAT HARD.

I have given all the benefit of the doubt so far, but when you don't fix what you said you will fix, and instead introduce EVEN MORE BUGS and say bleh, we will get around to it. Sorry, I have all but lost my patience with this kind of we don't really care attitude. Drop EVERYTHING and FIX what you broke in this patch before doing JACK ELSE.

/rant OFF

You know what's funny? The people who were in the "Public" Test Server were reporting this issue for a couple of weeks, and Zenimax still shoved this out the door. Just like the Closed Beta.
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this issue, I completed most of them and Shadowfen I had 60/62 as well.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn should have been delayed and the focus been purely on patching issues. I think that's the lesson. Combining major new content with fixes meant the fixes didn't get QA'ed properly.

I know they're working on new Trial content and that's due to hit PTS soon, but my take is don't take weeks to fix new bugs introduced. Abandon new content and fix the game. Otherwise there won't be players to support new content. Most players aren't anywhere near VR10.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me too. About at my wits end with the bugs here. How the heck did this get through QA?
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of people whose ___ "Adventurer" (quest completion count) achievements have all been nuked. None of my other achievements seems to have been affected ... that I can tell by a quick once-over. I /bugged it. V. annoying, although not the end of the world.
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everyone, sounds like this is just a display error. Your achievements still exist and the data is still there, it's just not appearing properly. We plan to fix this in the near future. Thanks for your patience!

I've lost the achievement points as well, is this part of the display error? I'm sure it is, I just wanted to check.

@Lauranae I love my achievements. I've spent hours trying to track M'aiq the Liar's positions in different zones. I repeatedly go through older zones on the off-chance of catching some of the Exploration achievements. I also know that as long as all the information is safe somewhere, that this bug isn't game breaking. I understand your frustration, I really do, but I think you've lost a bit of perspective here.
  • Mays136
    Mays136
    Soul Shriven
    I mean, I love the game, but a couple of weeks? AHAHAHA *SOBS*
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    blodeuwedd wrote: »
    I should have gotten a huge chunk of xp this morning when i turned in some quests to get the rift achievement and the pact hero achievement. I didn't because oh look my achievements were reset. I'm not going to bother doing anything until this is fixed.

Quoting this to make a point. If this was strictly an appearance problem, and the game knew you had done all those achievments, then you would have gotten those two achievements. Obviously it is not just an appearance problem.

Sigh. They broke way too much with this update.

• kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celuwen wrote: »
    Ok everyone, sounds like this is just a display error. Your achievements still exist and the data is still there, it's just not appearing properly. We plan to fix this in the near future. Thanks for your patience!

I've lost the achievement points as well, is this part of the display error? I'm sure it is, I just wanted to check.

@Lauranae I love my achievements. I've spent hours trying to track M'aiq the Liar's positions in different zones. I repeatedly go through older zones on the off-chance of catching some of the Exploration achievements. I also know that as long as all the information is safe somewhere, that this bug isn't game breaking. I understand your frustration, I really do, but I think you've lost a bit of perspective here.

I think it's less about this particular issue/bug and more of a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back situation for some of us.

This is seriously not something that should have passed QA and testing without being noticed, unless QA and testing is not rigorous. I mean, they pretty clearly changed the name of the achievements. You would think part of testing that update would be "hey, let's make sure this change doesn't disconnect the new achievement from the previous achievement label's data and they are merged properly." It would appear nobody asked that or checked.

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celuwen wrote: »

Probably, but after losing achievements, i lost also quests that were running, i have no way to remember which one it was ....
    i went through the bugs bank mutiples times and barely complained, the only think that i enjoy very much are the achievements, to each is own of course, but today, what do i do? i go on in the hope that the futur fix will catch back everything?
    What will happens for the new zone i will complete now?

Because actually it seems that they fixed Shadowfen as the number of quests required is only 51, but doing this they completely screwed each other zone and reseted all to 0.
    How can i be sur that in those couple of weeks i will get back my achievements without them removing the new ones?
    Even my lowest character is bugged, missing quests and achievements removed.
    Whatever character i choose to log, i am there wondering which quest i was on

So yes may be i lost a bit of perspective but i would rather say that i lost simply for now the pleasure to log.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    My question would be, if i delete a character and start a new one, will it be safe to gain all achievements again?

My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're recruiting 6 QA testers for Elder Scrolls Online on jobs.zenimax.com now. Also community managers and support people, the most common complaints here.

I agree, though, I think this patch may be the 'straw that broke' moment, especially if it gets pushed to EU. There was very little demand for Craglorn online right now, but huge demand for important fixes which got delayed (and not tested) in this patch. The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. How do Zenimax hope to keep subscriptions when they keep making basic mistakes?
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax, the attitude of "Push it out the door, we'll patch it later" DOES NOT WORK FOR PATCHES.

Seriously, Zenimax, enough is ENOUGH. You did it with the release of the game, and now your apathy extends even into the patches? If you ignore what your play-testers have to say, why have play-testers to begin with?

What, now we're waiting on a patch, for a patch, for a patch? There are no words to convey how asinine this truly is. This is the "support" Pete Hines told us our subscription dollars would buy us?
    Edited by CrimsonThomas on May 22, 2014 11:27PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]there is no way this should take a couple of weeks UNLESS you just shove it down to the bottom of the priority list.[...]
    They most likely will have shoved it to the bottom of the priority list. Now they know that it's just a display issue, that makes it a cosmetic bug, and cosmetic bugs are the least important to fix.
    As long as the system is still recording ( @ZOS_GinaBruno ‌, the system is still recording, right?) then those and any that may be missed before the patch should all pop up when the issue is fixed.
    Edited by Enodoc on May 22, 2014 11:37PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • alexmolthanb14a_ESO
    alexmolthanb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Don't know if this has been reported on top of the achievement issue (which I also have, was 4 short of getting the stonefall achievement, now have 0 quests done).

But my partially completed quests got reset, along with a couple I had done but hadn't turned in. Then I spend about an hour this evening doing a few quests, get kicked out, and then rolled back so I lost all the progress I had made.

As a software developer with 17 years experience, I'm pretty damn shocked that you guys let a piece of crap like this go live. I would be friggin fired if I screwed up a live program this bad. But of course, we actually test our releases where I work, maybe you guys should give it a shot. Never know, it could work.
  • FegefeueR
    FegefeueR
    ✭✭
    As we're still working on the fix, we don't have a set date yet. That said, it will likely be at least a couple weeks.

bye.

• kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this has been reported on top of the achievement issue (which I also have, was 4 short of getting the stonefall achievement, now have 0 quests done).

But my partially completed quests got reset, along with a couple I had done but hadn't turned in. Then I spend about an hour this evening doing a few quests, get kicked out, and then rolled back so I lost all the progress I had made.

As a software developer with 17 years experience, I'm pretty damn shocked that you guys let a piece of crap like this go live. I would be friggin fired if I screwed up a live program this bad. But of course, we actually test our releases where I work, maybe you guys should give it a shot. Never know, it could work.

Agree completely. I have been a total fanboi of this game until today. The fact that the first major update to this game – which was promised to fix many major issues – not only did not address many of the promised issues, it actually managed to introduce new issues.

As a manager of a team that develops software, people would've been fired over the bugs that have have gotten attention to since launch that you were aware of in beta.

As a manager of a team that develops software, I would expect to be fired over the fact that the first attempt to fix those issues was a complete and utter failure.

Edit: If I was leading this team, at this point I would accept the fact that I am not capable of doing so in an effective manner and resign.
    Edited by kirnmalidus on May 23, 2014 12:02AM

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    As we're still working on the fix, we don't have a set date yet. That said, it will likely be at least a couple weeks.

Just to be clear here Gina, your team tried to fix broken achievements to credit people with the 5 pt achievements that weren't giving credit but as a result, I lost 750 Achievement Points from every quest line over 15 zones lose credit and be reset to 0. Thats around 850 quests that now show at 0.

Not only that but this issue was reported in PTS and still pushed out with release? And now you might have a solution in a "couple weeks minimum"?

This is so disheartening. This was the thing I was most excited about for the Craglorn release, hunting grounds being fixed and Shadowfen and Bangkorai being achievable because I could finally don my well earned Tamriel Hero title and instead I log in to them being fixed but something far more serious being taken away.

Very, very disappointing. But not as disappointing as your lack of humility about it and your obvious lack of caring since 2 weeks away we might get back 750 achievement points that took over 15 days of played time to earn.

You have some serious nerve.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

That is completely unacceptable. This bug should never have made it to the live servers in the first place.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Bluffy
    Bluffy
    Same, lost my achievements
  • CaptainAqua
    CaptainAqua
    Soul Shriven
    Striken7 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is related, but all current quests I was on, except for Cyrodiil and Cadwell's, are also gone.
    I noticed I was missing some quests as well, but the ones I noticed were lower level ones I still had because they were broken, was planning on going back to do them if they ever actually got fixed. When I noticed they were gone I just assumed maybe they had been removed from the game, but now I guess I'll have to find them again if I want to complete them (probably not gonna happen).
    Edited by CaptainAqua on May 23, 2014 12:20AM
  • OmarComin
    OmarComin
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno if this is just a "display error" and the data is still there, then why didn't I get the Covenant Champion achievement when you dropped Bangkorai Adventurer down to 36 quests. I had 46 completed yesterday. If the "data was still there" I would have popped the Adventurer regardless of display issue and triggered the Covenant Champion, and unlocked the title. It's more broken that you are being led to believe.
  • Crimelab
    Crimelab
    Soul Shriven
    Lost it all too. V9, had every zone completed except Shadowfen and Bangkorai - which I can't justify trying to complete now because I have no idea if my progress will be recorded properly.
    -
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Wonder when its safe to log in so my toon's achievements do not get stuffed by a bad SQL update

Well, if they are actually using SQL for something of this magnitude... we're in a lot worse trouble than I thought.
  • drawxne_ESO
    I'm in the same boat, and to top it off I still don't have Giant-Friend, Skald-King's Salvation, Skald-King's Arrow, and Lights of Meridia when those quests have long been completed.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

C'mmon!
    Please, PLEASE dont roll the patch like that on EU servers

I dont want my achievs to get wiped, cmmon what "industry standard" are this?

I understand that fixing it takes time, so just remove all "achievement fixes" that are supposed to be in this patch and like we see are bugged BADDLY
    I dont even care if this takes +10 hours of maintance

We can live with some of achievement being unavaible for some more weeks (mostly Shadowfen) but serioulsy -if EU is going to be wiped -WHEN YOU KNOW about this error allready, a metric ton of folks are going to be greatly pissed.

Please Zenimax, dont allow this to happend!
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »
    C'mmon!
    Please, PLEASE dont roll the patch like that on EU servers

Yeah that would be pretty disgusting if they roll this onto EU tomorrow as planned after it has proved so disastrous on NA.

- @ruze84b14_ESO