The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Console players - We want text typing chat?

• Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there has to be text chat in a MMO
    StaticWax wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would think this "poll" means anything.

The vast majority of console players aren't on these forums.

The majority won't be using text chat.

And if they don't use it or want it, why would they want to give others an advantage in a PvP game?

Summation: This poll is biased, flawed, meaningless and the entertainment value is mediocre at best.
    +1

Two times now you said you'll stop commenting in this thread, yet you commented yet again just to say "+1" on another guy's comment when you could have just click "Agree". You're not helping stop this meaningless debate, you're encouraging it by needlessly bumping it.

Frankly I just want this topic completely closed, it's meaningless to keep arguing over it, ZoS will do whatever ZoS does.
    Edited by Zazaaji on 30 April 2015 00:55
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    StaticWax wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would think this "poll" means anything.

The vast majority of console players aren't on these forums.

The majority won't be using text chat.

And if they don't use it or want it, why would they want to give others an advantage in a PvP game?

Summation: This poll is biased, flawed, meaningless and the entertainment value is mediocre at best.
    +1

Two times now you said you'll stop commenting in this thread, yet you commented yet again just to say "+1" on another guy's comment when you could have just click "Agree". You're not helping stop this meaningless debate, you're encouraging it by needlessly bumping it.

Frankly I just want this topic completely closed, it's meaningless to keep arguing over it, ZoS will do whatever ZoS does.

:-)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    152 people voted they want text chat in console. 29 people aren't buying it because there won't be text chat. The thread is 10 pages long. I think there are people here that are playing console and care.

People want text chat in a MMO, is that so hard to understand?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 30 April 2015 13:28
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    I'm sure they'll close it soon enough but maybe ZOS is allowing the other side of the argument to gain weight now that everyone has seen the video. :-)
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'll close it soon enough but maybe ZOS is allowing the other side of the argument to gain weight now that everyone has seen the video. :-)

You continue to make no sense, How does the ESO live video help ZOS look better? They basically stumbled through giving no valid reason on why they pulled text chat. It was honestly pathetic.
    Edited by Uberkull on 30 April 2015 04:06
    Options
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭

You know now that I've seen it again for the 5th time ... I see your point NO TEXT CHAT! (sic)

But while we are at it let's not stop just there ... who wants to hear other people while I'm playing MY GAME, let's get rid of voice chat too unless you're grouped in a dungeon or raid or PVP.

Also who needs guilds or player stores in MY GAME ... get rid of them ...

Man who are all these other people crowding up the screen in MY GAME, lets make it so you can't see other people unless your doing a grouped dungeon, raid , or PVP.

There you are your own lil' perfect version of ESO that hardly anyone else will play past a week or two...

Not a MMO & definitely not a MMORPG that ESO was sold as ...
    Edited by Mirra_Halfelven on 30 April 2015 01:21
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
    Options
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    152 people voted they want text chat in console. 29 people aren't buying it because there won't be text chat. The thread is 10 pages long. I think there are people here that are playing console and care.

Um.... I hope you didn't mean me as one of those "two" people. I'm on your side since the beginning, and I have already canceled my pre order and won't be buying the game unless they add text chat to consoles.

It's just completely meaningless to argue any further on this topic.

[Moderator Note: Edited moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 30 April 2015 13:28
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um.... I hope you didn't mean me as one of those "two" people. I'm on your side since the beginning, and I have already canceled my pre order and won't be buying the game unless they add text chat to consoles.

Nah...your a red box Yes vote. LoL. If you look back at the few Blue box 'No text chat' votes posting here, you can see some clearly are Fanboys, protecting every move ZOS makes.

Too bad the clearly obvious, isn't obvious to them. MMOs need text chat.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 30 April 2015 13:30
    Options
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭

Nah I'm pretty sure he was talking about Argoniawind & NewBlacksmurf
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

Honestly I don't give a crap if people don't agree with me over this topic and I certainly don't give a crap or want text chat window in The console version of this wonderful "Open World Online RPG" OWORPG its not an mmo... IM a Bethesda fan and Elder Scrolls fan and yes I have been a fan long before Bethesda installed Zenimax Online Studios!!! You maybe new to this game but your poll is truly mimimal % ratio and to all the actual ES fans like me that hardly come on this forum and we see people trying to change the essense of the game to make it worse well we do have a voice and we will use it. But unfortunately not every ES fan is on this forum, but once we start to see stuff changed for the worst there will be a sssshitstorm. Kinda like how at first this game was not gonna have first person view but they changed that real quick... This game would have be over before it started if they didn't put that in....

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 30 April 2015 13:31
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    frabz-This-is-the-thread-that-never-ends-Yes-it-goes-on-and-on-my----N-c45647.jpg
    Options
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't give a crap if people don't agree with me over this topic and I certainly don't give a crap or want text chat window in The console version of this wonderful "Open World Online RPG" OWORPG its not an mmo... IM a Bethesda fan and Elder Scrolls fan and yes I have been a fan long before Bethesda installed Zenimax Online Studios!!! You maybe new to this game but your poll is truly mimimal % ratio and to all the actual ES fans like me that hardly come on this forum and we see people trying to change the essense of the game to make it worse well we do have a voice and we will use it. But unfortunately not every ES fan is on this forum, but once we start to see stuff changed for the worst there will be a sssshitstorm. Kinda like how at first this game was not gonna have first person view but they changed that real quick... This game would have be over before it started if they didn't put that in....

I've been playing Elder Scrolls games since Battlespire was originaly released, but I guess I'm not a "true ES fan" since I actualy want text chat put back into the console version of ESO.

I guess I have to go turn in my ES fan membership card or something, because as you said only "true ES fans" have your opinion.
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

I've been playing Elder Scrolls games since Battlespire was originaly released, but I guess I'm not a "true ES fan" since I actualy want text chat put back into the console version of ESO.

I guess I have to go turn in my ES fan membership card or something, because as you said only "true ES fans" have your opinion.
    Tell me how was the chat window in Battlespire? What next you gonna say the Elder Scrolls franchise needs a chat window like The Quest for glorys lmao..... Only mmo fans want the chat window on their screens... Wanna know what my ESO looks like on my pc, I hide the quest tracker and i slide the chat menu away. The less on my screen the better!!! And I hope they have that hide quest tracker on the console as well!! It was us the ES fans that didn't want the mini map so they decided to go with the Skyrim compass which is perfect by me!!!

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    my-god-this-will-never-end-thumb.jpg
    Options
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me how was the chat window in Battlespire? What next you gonna say the Elder Scrolls franchise needs a chat window like The Quest for glorys lmao..... Only mmo fans want the chat window on their screens... Wanna know what my ESO looks like on my pc, I hide the quest tracker and i slide the chat menu away. The less on my screen the better!!! And I hope they have that hide quest tracker on the console as well!! It was us the ES fans that didn't want the mini map so they decided to go with the Skyrim compass which is perfect by me!!!

So what's stoping you from doing that if ESO had the text chat put back in? Turn it off & you'll never be bothered by it.

All I'm seeing in your posts is ME ME ME, MY WAY!!!

What about other peoples opinions & needs, what about allowing you to play the way you want while ALSO allowing others to play the way they need or want to.

What about the people who can't or won't use voice chat for whatever reason?

What about the person who lost or broke thier headset?
    What about the person who lives in a noisey household, likes to blast music while playing etc?
    What about deaf or mute players?
    What about female players (not some guy pretending) that don't want to deal with being hassled all the time?
    What about players who English isn't thier 1st spoken language?

Guess they don't matter .... but hey long as you have it your way who cares right?
    Edited by Mirra_Halfelven on 30 April 2015 02:06
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

So what's stoping you from doing that if ESO had the text chat put back in? Turn it off & you'll never be bothered by it.

What about other peoples opinions & needs, what about allowing you to play the way you want while ALSO allowing others to play the way they need or want to.

What about the person who lives in a noisey household, likes to blast music while playing etc?
    What about female players (not some guy pretending) that don't want to deal with being hassled all the time?

Guess they don't matter .... but hey long as you have it your way who cares right?
    That's right cus im playing this game for me me me me me and it is my way, why would I wanna play an Elder Scrolls game like an mmo, I don't and I wont... Sure if they implement disable features of all the stuff I want and also have my own fully customize controller layout than the 2 layouts they have now then fine... But however on the pc I cant disable the chat window I have to keep hiding it, there is no official controller support at this moment, there is no summoning daedroths at my will other than some stupid random undaunted armor piece, sure they add in the undaunted who the heck knows why they added that stupid guild than the thieves and dark brotherhood first... I am not gonna use the headset cus I play this game alone so no big deal there.... I have a laundry list of stuff I wanna see changed will they get changed who knows aka underwater battles like in Morrowind and Oblivion, not the stupid straight jacket routine from Skyrim. Im an argonian I need to breathe under water.. nope cant do that, all I can do is swim... but hey if I complained about everything I wanna see half as much as how all these mmo players are, then yeah maybe my voice holds some value, but you mmo players should be happy cus most of the devs have mostly mmo backgrounds and yeah they do have to follow what Bethesda says, and still be creative and have some freedom to implement and innovate without destroying the game for the core fanbase Elder Scrolls fans....
    Edited by Argoniawind on 30 April 2015 02:28
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's right cus im playing this game for me me me me me and it is my way, why would I wanna play an Elder Scrolls game like an mmo, I don't and I wont... Sure if they implement disable features of all the stuff I want and also have my own fully customize controller layout than the 2 layouts they have now then fine... But however on the pc I cant disable the chat window I have to keep hiding it, there is no official controller support at this moment, there is no summoning daedroths at my will other than some stupid random undaunted armor piece, sure they add in the undaunted who the heck knows why they added that stupid guild than the thieves and dark brotherhood first... I am not gonna use the headset cus I play this game alone so no big deal there.... I have a laundry list of stuff I wanna see changed will they get changed who knows aka underwater battles like in Morrowind and Oblivion, not the stupid straight jacket routine from Skyrim. Im an argonian I need to breathe under water.. nope cant do that, all I can do is swim... but hey if I complained about everything I wanna see half as much as how all these mmo players are, then yeah maybe my voice holds some value, but you mmo players should be happy cus most of the devs have mostly mmo backgrounds and yeah they do have to follow what Bethesda says, and still be creative and have some freedom to implement and innovate without destroying the game for the core fanbase Elder Scrolls fans....

LOL. I'd kill you in PVP and camp your corpse. Funny little boy.
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

Keep dreaming!!
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep dreaming!!

Unless you bring all your single player NPCs you play with. ;)
    Options
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry he'd never see you coming with him always being in his "purest" 1st person view all the time.
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

Keep dreaming!!

You never know, us Argonians hate the dark elves with a passion, and if you are a dark elf then fortunately for you in this game currently you are safe..
    Options
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

Don't worry he'd never see you coming with him always being in his "purest" 1st person view all the time.
    That's right, thats the only way I love to play upfront full view.. I remember hearing mmo players a little ways back trying to trash talk Elder Scrolls players with the oh how we will dominate people playing in 1st person.. SMH

Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would I wanna play an Elder Scrolls game like an mmo

Well, there you have it: the great philosphical question of our times. The deep, pervasive mystery and bizarre paradox that has brought us all here today.

Why, indeed...

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Someone already lost this debate. That someone being the first to have to respond by calling the other side 'fanboys' in order to bolster his argument.

But as others have said and I agree: ZOS will do what ZOS will do, and we will each and all attempt to push ZOS to do what we think ZOS should do, and in the end, it's still ZOS's decision.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options are good. Smart people understand this. We would like to assume that the marketing dept at ZoS understands this. Let's all hope so for the financial future of ESO.
    Edited by Alphashado on 30 April 2015 06:28
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to play console now that I've seen there is no text chat
    Limiting the disabled gaming community is in really bad taste. Then again ESO is not trying to be an MMO anymore and I think the name change eluded to that.
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to play console now that I've seen there is no text chat
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »
    But the console version looks so god dam good i cant wait to try also i recommend all pc peeps give it a look and consider comming with us.

Hero...I'll go a little off topic. On all the Twitch streams I watched, and it was alot this past weekend(Thur-Sun), I noticed the console version colors looked washed out. Did you notice this?

I asked Ruben to do a side by side on Twitch with Xbox One console and his PC account. It looked washed out LINK

Were you able to play beta and notice this washed out look?

Aaah uuum i can explain this for you bud ok so when people stream or record they need to adjust there options to match the tv if they dont they have problems like this.

Ima show ya what the game truly looks like hold on bud

Here @uberkull
    https://youtu.be/26TrNMEsXEE

@Heromofo Man, that 30fps cap with no AO or other graphical improvements is absolutely stunning. /sarcasm :trollface:
    Options
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

@Heromofo Man, that 30fps cap with no AO or other graphical improvements is absolutely stunning. /sarcasm :trollface:

Taking into account the compression & crap from both the stream capture & then youtube I think it looks pretty good *shrug*

Options
  • Praxxos
    Praxxos
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Opps sorry clicked the wrong option!

How are you forming a raid / group or sell stuff without being in a Tradeguild when you dont have a chat? I mean is everybody shouting in VC Loooooking for group! Looking for group!! ?
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praxxos wrote: »
    Opps sorry clicked the wrong option!

How are you forming a raid / group or sell stuff without being in a Tradeguild when you dont have a chat? I mean is everybody shouting in VC Loooooking for group! Looking for group!! ?

Throw in background noise like babies crying and music lol
    Options
This discussion has been closed.