The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console players - We want text typing chat?

• Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there has to be text chat in a MMO
    uberkull wrote: »
    Alphashado wrote: »
    Smurf, you have rambled on relentlessly about why people can/will enjoy console w/o text chat.

Yet you have offered nothing to people who wish to play consoles with text chat, other than to say "too bad, go play the PC".

Both console crowds can be happy with optional text chat that can be turned off. Why can't you seem to wrap your head around this? Why must one choose one or the other simply to enjoy a standard feature found in every MMORPG?

I'll ask you again. Why do you think power windows are offered in every car model? Do you think it would be a good business decision for Ford Motor Co to only include power windows in the mustang?

Your argument is incredibly flawed.

You're asking the wrong person. Please ask ZOS as I'll will continue to repeat. I didn't decide not to put it on console.
    I disagree that it should be added.

I believe ZOS has answered this but it's not my job to offer anything as I'm not a developer nor do I get paid to come up with such information for ZOS

Edit: I will say this...
    Why does Microsoft make PC and Xbox and why does Sony brand PC and make Playstation

Maybe it's because certain markets don't mix based on whatever research and trends they've been using for 20+ years

I leave for an hour or so and you've managed to dig yourself such a deep hole that you'll never get out of.

You are babbling at this point, going on about marketing.

So with you marketing logic, ZOS is going to put this on the back of the console box that you buy at the store...

MICROPHONE REQUIRED, NO TEXT CHAT AVAILABLE

Towards the very bottom, in small print of course.

What Hole am I digging.

Let me make this plain.
    Smurf did not "choose, decide, market, intend to, or neglect to" make the console version without text chat.
    Nor did I design or create either console.

I didn't design, implement or present ZOS 's marketing plan for consoles. I shared it after so many in this thread made it clear that they hadn't even watched it.

ZOS , Microsoft and Sony made these decisions. Why...well each company is reaching a target market in their own right.

What goes on the back of the box is ZOS's decision. Maybe go look for yourself and see what each store lists. To me it's of no concern as I've already purchased the game and did so prior to knowing any details but because of whatever direction they were going. I decided, I wanted the experience on Xbox. My only hesitation was if the resolution was below 900p

Everyone here who wants text chat added or else falls into a "hole" so to speak or category that they are not going to play this unless their desires and expectations are met. That's normal, but knowing as of now and according to ZOS, that on June 9th keyboard support is limited and text chat is not included. You have to either go with or go elsewhere.

I'll be honest. That isn't necessary information to put on a box as MOST if not all online console games use a headset.

What is this hole that you refer to. Maybe ZOS has dug a hole in your eyes but I personally don't see it that way.

Time to close this thread. You are twisting words to make yourself 'think' you look right and You are basically contradicting yourself now across your numerous posts and providing nothing but regurgitation of illogical ramblings.

Keep it stupid simple. Text chat should be LEFT in the console game. It was there, now it's not for reasons that make no sense.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Do you think for one second the ES players are just gonna sit back and wait for the franchise they love and this game to potentially be destroyed by the mmo fanbases kicking and screaming how they want to change everything and try to have stuff implemented that don't belong in a ES game? Hell no, infact I can remember the ES community when we first got wind of the elder Scrolls going online and I was all for it but a lot were not and I heard their valid reasons cus they didn't want it to become an mmo another world of warcrap etc and a lot of features would ruin the traditional experience for us the ES players if they catered more to the mmo players.. Well here we are this game has long been release and their are a lot of features that I wish were not in this game but unfortunately Bethesda wanted to bring both community's together, so the pc has a lot of mmo elements in it to please those players and all the while me as well as so many are awaiting for the console release with hopes that it wont be ruined by the mmo crowd wanting to jump on the console and change that, when they very well have the so called stupid pc master race elitists with all the dumb addons and chat window you could ever want... So hey mmo players why would you wanna bother with the so called inferior system like the console with the 5fps @ 640x400, seriously guys you already have the pc platform stick with that....
    Edited by Argoniawind on 30 April 2015 19:50
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think for one second the ES players are just gonna sit back and wait for the franchise they love and this game to potentially be destroyed by the mmo fanbases kicking and screaming how they want to change everything and try to have stuff implemented that don't belong in a ES game? Hell no, infact I can remember the ES community when we first got wind of the elder Scrolls going online and I was all for it but a lot were not and I heard their valid reasons cus they didn't want it to become an mmo another world of warcrap etc and a lot of features would ruin the traditional experience for us the ES players if they catered more to the mmo players.. Well here we are this game has long been release and their are a lot of features that I wish were not in this game but unfortunately Bethesda wanted to bring both community's together, so the pc has a lot of mmo elements in it to please those players and all the while me as well as so many are awaiting for the console release with hopes that it wont be ruined by the mmo crowd wanting to jump on the console and change that, when they very well have the so called stupid pc master race elitists with all the dumb addons and chat window you could ever want... So hey mmo players why would you wanna bother the the so called inferior system like the console with the 5fps @ 640x400, seriously guys you already have the pc platform stick with that....

Wrong thread. This isn't about wanting to get rid of MMO from the ESO MMO. Why do you even play this particular game in the series that you seem to hate so much? It's a MMO....get over it. Go back and play a single player game and stop whining.

The console ESO is the exact same game as the PC ESO, you do understand that right?

I play console, I play PC...it doesn't matter. The game genre is MMO...not single player RPG, you obviously are playing the wrong game for you.
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Do you think for one second the ES players are just gonna sit back and wait for the franchise they love and this game to potentially be destroyed by the mmo fanbases kicking and screaming how they want to change everything and try to have stuff implemented that don't belong in a ES game? Hell no, infact I can remember the ES community when we first got wind of the elder Scrolls going online and I was all for it but a lot were not and I heard their valid reasons cus they didn't want it to become an mmo another world of warcrap etc and a lot of features would ruin the traditional experience for us the ES players if they catered more to the mmo players.. Well here we are this game has long been release and their are a lot of features that I wish were not in this game but unfortunately Bethesda wanted to bring both community's together, so the pc has a lot of mmo elements in it to please those players and all the while me as well as so many are awaiting for the console release with hopes that it wont be ruined by the mmo crowd wanting to jump on the console and change that, when they very well have the so called stupid pc master race elitists with all the dumb addons and chat window you could ever want... So hey mmo players why would you wanna bother the the so called inferior system like the console with the 5fps @ 640x400, seriously guys you already have the pc platform stick with that....

Wrong thread. This isn't about wanting to get rid of MMO from the ESO MMO. Why do you even play this particular game in the series that you seem to hate so much? It's a MMO....get over it. Go back and play a single player game and stop whining.

The console ESO is the exact same game as the PC ESO, you do understand that right?

I play console, I play PC...it doesn't matter. The game genre is MMO...not single player RPG, you obviously are playing the wrong game for you.

School time is in session for you, its not an mmo.. Elder Scrolls Online is an OWORPG.. Class dismissed!! I love this game and I don't want mmo elements in it aka chat window on my console!!
    Edited by Argoniawind on 30 April 2015 19:59
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Smurf, you have rambled on relentlessly about why people can/will enjoy console w/o text chat.

Yet you have offered nothing to people who wish to play consoles with text chat, other than to say "too bad, go play the PC".

Both console crowds can be happy with optional text chat that can be turned off. Why can't you seem to wrap your head around this? Why must one choose one or the other simply to enjoy a standard feature found in every MMORPG?

I'll ask you again. Why do you think power windows are offered in every car model? Do you think it would be a good business decision for Ford Motor Co to only include power windows in the mustang?

You're asking the wrong person. Please ask ZOS as I'll will continue to repeat. I didn't decide not to put it on console.

I believe ZOS has answered this but it's not my job to offer anything as I'm not a developer nor do I get paid to come up with such information for ZOS

Why does Microsoft make PC and Xbox and why does Sony brand PC and make Playstation

Maybe it's because certain markets don't mix based on whatever research and trends they've been using for 20+ years

I leave for an hour or so and you've managed to dig yourself such a deep hole that you'll never get out of.

So with you marketing logic, ZOS is going to put this on the back of the console box that you buy at the store...

What Hole am I digging.

Let me make this plain.
    Smurf did not "choose, decide, market, intend to, or neglect to" make the console version without text chat.

I didn't design, implement or present ZOS 's marketing plan for consoles. I shared it after so many in this thread made it clear that they hadn't even watched it.

ZOS , Microsoft and Sony made these decisions. Why...well each company is reaching a target market in their own right.

What goes on the back of the box is ZOS's decision. Maybe go look for yourself and see what each store lists. To me it's of no concern as I've already purchased the game and did so prior to knowing any details but because of whatever direction they were going. I decided, I wanted the experience on Xbox. My only hesitation was if the resolution was below 900p

Everyone here who wants text chat added or else falls into a "hole" so to speak or category that they are not going to play this unless their desires and expectations are met. That's normal, but knowing as of now and according to ZOS, that on June 9th keyboard support is limited and text chat is not included. You have to either go with or go elsewhere.

I'll be honest. That isn't necessary information to put on a box as MOST if not all online console games use a headset.

What is this hole that you refer to. Maybe ZOS has dug a hole in your eyes but I personally don't see it that way.

Time to close this thread. You are twisting words to make yourself 'think' you look right and You are basically contradicting yourself now across your numerous posts and providing nothing but regurgitation of illogical ramblings.

Keep it stupid simple. Text chat should be LEFT in the console game. It was there, now it's not for reasons that make no sense.

So maybe my position is strong enough to justify my position so it seems.
    I'm not sure why you're attacking me with comments while most others are discussing or even arguing their points but you're right. The thread has been over for a few days now
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

School time is in session for you, its not an mmo.. Elder Scrolls Online is an OWORPG.. Class dismissed!! I love this game and I don't want mmo elements in it aka chat window on my console!!

Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online
    "The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios." - MMORPG

It is also listed under every single MMORPG website in the word as an MMORPG. Platform is completely irrelevant.

So if you don't find that it meets your classification of the genre, then so be it. But please speak for yourself as the rest of the world continues to call it what it is - an MMORPG.

Edited by Alphashado on 30 April 2015 20:18
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What Hole am I digging.

Let me make this plain.

I'm not sure why you're attacking me with comments while most others are discussing or even arguing their points but you're right. The thread has been over for a few days now

Attacking you? You obviously haven't seen the other replies to you refuting your points with passion.

You say you spend more time on these forums than you do in the game. Maybe you should go play more.
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

"The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios." - MMORPG

It is also listed under every single MMORPG website in the word as an MMORPG.

So if you don't find that it meets your classification of the genre, then so be it. But please speak for yourself as the rest of the world continues to call it what it is - an MMORPG.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls Open World rpgs!!!!!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

What Hole am I digging.

Let me make this plain.

Attacking you? You obviously haven't seen the other replies to you refuting your points with passion.

You say you spend more time on these forums than you do in the game. Maybe you should go play more.

First off...please don't tell me where to spend my time
    Don't comment attacking my comments and then complain about the responses you receive from me
    I just acknowledged the other arguments between me and others which were two people arguing their positions with points

Your last few comments to me have no points and are considered attacks as you're claiming inaccurate assumptions and somehow you've interpreted that ZOS deciding not to have text chat in their game and my position that I disagree that it should be added as something else.

Points have been shared, opinions have been shared.

If you have further arguments against anything I've written, then I welcome those comments.

What's not welcomed is your attacks and claims lacking any points whether valid, logical or opinionated.

Maybe even go a few pages back as a lot of participants have argued and made points and we've figured out why they and I have the positions that we have.

Moved on. But If and when anyone quotes or tags me...guess what...

Take that in context to the thread we are discussing, disputing and arguing.

Also, maybe it helps to read with a different tone applied to my comments and if it bothers you. You can point that out.
    But the attacks and little snotty comments without points isn't conducive to this thread
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn to Google. You looked up the wrong game. And look at every online store, Amazon, GameStop, etc etc
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

Learn to Google. You looked up the wrong game. And look at every online store, Amazon, GameStop, etc etc
    Actually you need to learn to read what I said, and if you click on the link I gave you under the entire franchise they are all considered open world rpgs, and Eso is no different except its online which = OWORPG class dismissed again
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually you need to learn to read what I said, and if you click on the link I gave you under the entire franchise they are all considered open world rpgs, and Eso is no different except its online which = OWORPG class dismissed again

You're in the wrong forum then.....this is the Elder Scrolls Online forum.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What Hole am I digging.

Let me make this plain.

First off...please don't tell me where to spend my time
    Don't comment attacking my comments and then complain about the responses you receive from me
    I just acknowledged the other arguments between me and others which were two people arguing their positions with points

Your last few comments to me have no points and are considered attacks as you're claiming inaccurate assumptions and somehow you've interpreted that ZOS deciding not to have text chat in their game and my position that I disagree that it should be added as something else.

Points have been shared, opinions have been shared.

If you have further arguments against anything I've written, then I welcome those comments.

What's not welcomed is your attacks and claims lacking any points whether valid, logical or opinionated.

Maybe even go a few pages back as a lot of participants have argued and made points and we've figured out why they and I have the positions that we have.

Moved on. But If and when anyone quotes or tags me...guess what...

Take that in context to the thread we are discussing, disputing and arguing.

Also, maybe it helps to read with a different tone applied to my comments and if it bothers you. You can point that out.
    But the attacks and little snotty comments without points isn't conducive to this thread
    Just for you...
    200_s.gif
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

You're in the wrong forum then.....this is the Elder Scrolls Online forum.
    I go to both forums cus im an Elder Scrolls fan... Sorry but your making no sense at this point.... I have nothing more to say right now!!!

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Just ignore them.
    Things were headed back in the right direction.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ignore them.
    Things were headed back in the right direction.

When was that? Surely you can't be referring to your posts that kept going off topic?
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to play console now that I've seen there is no text chat
    Lionxoft wrote: »

@Heromofo Man, that 30fps cap with no AO or other graphical improvements is absolutely stunning. /sarcasm :trollface:

Taking into account the compression & crap from both the stream capture & then youtube I think it looks pretty good *shrug*

It's 2015. 60fps should be the standard. The consoles are receiving a dumbed down visual experience. I'm interested in seeing how the consoles will handle the extreme lag and fps drops in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Lionxoft on 30 April 2015 21:22
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough

@Heromofo Man, that 30fps cap with no AO or other graphical improvements is absolutely stunning. /sarcasm :trollface:

Taking into account the compression & crap from both the stream capture & then youtube I think it looks pretty good *shrug*

It's 2015. 60fps should be the standard. The consoles are receiving a dumbed down visual experience. I'm interested in seeing how the consoles will handle the extreme lag and fps drops in Cyrodiil.

Careful with that 60fps comment. Gonna start a war around here...
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭

Looks better than on my crappy PC, then again I don't have a gaming PC ...

Took advantage of $20 copy they offered last June + the game was on sale for $40 at the time so figured I get a sneak peek with the free 30 day game time for the same price as my old PS4 pre-order ... otherwise I wouldn't be "chatting" with you fine people here ;)
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Skeeter:We dont take kindly to 60 frames per second...
    Bartender: now skeeter they aint hurting nobody
    8rWDbB8.jpg
    Skeeter: NO tell me something why is it your so hard to get on consoles these days
    Edited by Heromofo on 30 April 2015 21:55
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Aye,aye,aye

This thread is getting nastier than a 70s porno flick.I am surprised ZoS hasn't shut this down yet.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, voice chat is enough
    Heromofo wrote: »
    nastuug wrote: »

Skeeter:We dont take kindly to 60 frames per second...
    Bartender: now skeeter they aint hurting nobody
    8rWDbB8.jpg
    Skeeter: NO tell me something why is it your so hard to get on consoles these days

+1 -- LOL
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all. We appreciate your feedback about text chat and voice chat for the console versions of ESOTU and wanted to let you know that we have passed this thread up to the right team. That said, this thread seems to have run its course. We're going to go ahead and close it before it derails further, but again, we appreciate all your feedback and your discussion. Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.