Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Race do you most want to see given to the 7th or 8th Companion in 2024?

• ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    Syldras wrote: »
    Marko21xx wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic?.. idk.. from Skyrim I see that the crazy quests like those being one of the most mentioned..
    I mean.. with the Namira one at least they are talking about the enemy's flesh and not yours xD

I'm just genuinely curious. Doing one quest is one thing, having a character like that around for days/weeks/months as a travel companion is a different one. And I'm not sure if cannibalism is that well-received either, many don't even want their Bosmer to be cannibals.

I'm personally not against "weirder" companions, but a cannibal wouldn't be one of my personal choices. And I also wouldn't know why I'd want to travel someone who threatens me all the time - especially if I can't reply by giving them an energetic punch on their nose (if I could, I might think about it).

But imagine how much my bosmer would have to talk about with such a companion! Like which sauces go with orc, or how to keep your silverware sharp in Cyrodiil mid-battle!
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    in the case of an evil character.. having an untrusthy companion is also acceptable..

I mean, maybe we have a different interpretation of "evil", but if I imagine I was an evil wizard, I'd demand complete submission from my "companion" and would probably set them aflame if they even think of disobeying.

Unless I really like the companion (this time without quotation marks) because we're soul mates and both just as horrid, but then we could probably trust each other. More or less.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • sunandstars77
    sunandstars77
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please describe your thoughts)
    None. Not until the server performance is addressed and rectified.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    But imagine how much my bosmer would have to talk about with such a companion! Like which sauces go with orc, or how to keep your silverware sharp in Cyrodiil mid-battle!

If it's a Namira cultist, prepare for annoying missionary efforts. Maybe they even want you to say a prayer before eating your orc! Honestly, I can only disadvise joining daedric cults (unless it is my own cult).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Marko21xx
    Marko21xx
    ✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    in the case of an evil character.. having an untrusthy companion is also acceptable..

I mean, maybe we have a different interpretation of "evil", but if I imagine I was an evil wizard, I'd demand complete submission from my "companion" and would probably set them aflame if they even think of disobeying.

Unless I really like the companion (this time without quotation marks) because we're soul mates and both just as horrid, but then we could probably trust each other. More or less.

We don't.. you can be that and still have a subordinate who is plotting against you just like the Sith..
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    We don't.. you can be that and still have a subordinate who is plotting against you just like the Sith..

Plotting is possible, yes. But done like this...
    A companion that is constantly trying to and remind you that they want to offer your soul to molag bal

...it wouldn't really be plotting, because there was nothing surprising about them turning against us.

Then again, our characters tend to be a "little" forgetful and clueless - as shown in dialogues - , so, who knows... :D

But the question would still be: Why would that person continue to be our companion infinitely?

Edited by Syldras on 19 August 2024 17:46
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Marko21xx
    Marko21xx
    ✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    But the question would still be: Why would that person continue to be our companion infinitely?

That you'll have to complete their quest to find out.. I wont spoil it..
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non-Playable Humanoid Race (such as Dremora or Maormer)
    I'd like this guy. Some kind of Golem made out of wood. Half combatant, half clothing dummy. Wears whatever outfit/costume you put on it, including the head gear. Never utters a word. Never judges its master.

utIEZjR.jpg

PC EU
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non-Playable Humanoid Race (such as Dremora or Maormer)
    When companion system was announced, I was prepared for skeletal servants or something similar :)

I still hope for some unusual companions in the future.

Repeating Fang Lair dungeon recently for the weekly Endeavors, I think two of my characters would also love a necromancer companion like Caluurion.

Ggq7HQC.jpeg

OjAYNgp.jpeg

Not sure how long I could tolerate such ungrateful personality as his, but the image of evil Altmer necromancer as my companion is very cool!
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repeated Race (Imperial, Dark Elf/Dunmer, Khajiit, Breton, Argonian, Redguard), could be the opposite sex
    A male khajiit.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc (Orsimer)
    2024's Companions are a Khajiit and an Altmer!
    Here are the results of the poll before the reveal livestream:
    3enxfz3x40a6.png
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    I am surprising myself on how unhappy I am they chose to repeat a race.