Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Race do you most want to see given to the 7th or 8th Companion in 2024?

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    I hope the necro is an altmer, the other i dont really care. I wonder what class it will be?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    I hope they'll stop giving inutilities such as more companions
    Eldartar wrote: »
    I think we have reached the point where there needs to be NO MORE Companions . . . . Pleaseeeeeeeee.

I strongly agree

If you’re not interested, don’t unlock them. I don’t unlock all on every character and end up just leveling the ones that I enjoy most — more options are a good thing. :)

We are here to express our opinions. There are people who want more and more companions and people who don't want any more. It is simply right that everyone expresses their opinion without others arguing about the fact that they gave the opinion. Freedom of speech and expression, thank you.

I agree with this sentiment. I personally want more and more Companions, but I know not everyone does. That's why I made poll options for things that I know people have expressed interest in previously, even if I personally don't want to see some of those in the game.

Ultimately, it's up to ZOS what they do with existing systems — at the very least, we can give ZOS some information (i.e., poll statistics) to give them some insight into how the community on the forums feels/thinks/wants of these systems.

Of course everyone can express their opinions, but I don’t troll ToT threads saying ToT should cease to be developed and added to — if that was the topic of the thread, that’s one thing, but if the equivalent of this one, what sort of deck should be added, I would not feel that the appropriate place to express such.

And unlike the unfortunate music box lead behind ToT, there is nothing gated behind companions, so you don’t lose anything by not interacting with the system.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    I think we have reached the point where there needs to be NO MORE Companions . . . . Pleaseeeeeeeee.

I, on the other hand, want to drag a dozen companions around with me like I do in Skyrim.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    I would love a Maormer, Daedra, or other humanoid non-playable race as a companion, but I do think there should be at least one of each playable race first. My guess is one of the two companions this year will be a Bosmer since it looks like they have a pretty significant part in the Gold Road story and zone. (I'd also love another Khajiit with a voice that sounds like a Khajiit and doesn't annoy me.)
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc (Orsimer)
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    I hope they'll stop giving inutilities such as more companions

I strongly agree

If you’re not interested, don’t unlock them. I don’t unlock all on every character and end up just leveling the ones that I enjoy most — more options are a good thing. :)

We are here to express our opinions. There are people who want more and more companions and people who don't want any more. It is simply right that everyone expresses their opinion without others arguing about the fact that they gave the opinion. Freedom of speech and expression, thank you.

I agree with this sentiment. I personally want more and more Companions, but I know not everyone does. That's why I made poll options for things that I know people have expressed interest in previously, even if I personally don't want to see some of those in the game.

Ultimately, it's up to ZOS what they do with existing systems — at the very least, we can give ZOS some information (i.e., poll statistics) to give them some insight into how the community on the forums feels/thinks/wants of these systems.

Of course everyone can express their opinions, but I don’t troll ToT threads saying ToT should cease to be developed and added to — if that was the topic of the thread, that’s one thing, but if the equivalent of this one, what sort of deck should be added, I would not feel that the appropriate place to express such.

And unlike the unfortunate music box lead behind ToT, there is nothing gated behind companions, so you don’t lose anything by not interacting with the system.

Some people are of the opinion that they're losing something because development budget is going towards a feature they don't care for or even want in the game at all. I don't think it's fair to demand that ZOS budget the development resources toward only the aspects of the game they care about or think this game should be about.

I do feel upset when people voice their opinion about how much they want a feature that I care about to cease development. Especially in a thread about how the feature could be improved, it's jarring to see people say that it shouldn't be in the game and that ZOS should move on. Suggesting to remove or abandon a feature adds nothing to a conversation about how to improve such a feature.

Though, ZOS knows that some people love certain features, while others hate certain features. Countless times have people asked ZOS to stop making item sets, Antiquities, Companions, Tales of Tribute decks, and so on and to either improve the ones we have or move on to the next year's major feature. Despite this, I suspect that ZOS has a plan for how they'll continue to support these older features and their roadmapped features for years to come. I'm personally very much looking forward to getting new Scribing skills and Companions next year in 2025!
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please describe your thoughts)
    alfiq necromancer
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non-Playable Non-Humanoid Race (such as Alfiq)
    Cadwell. For the win.

He's indisposed, ie, licking meridias boots
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    High Elf.
    Wood elf.
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord, Orc, Wood Elf and Altmer (and arguably Imperial too) are absent from the current lineup, so they're the natural choices. Class wise, the only one we're missing is a Necromancer.

Honestly, I rather dislike how ZOS has made most of the companions really NOT represent the tendencies of their races. Trying too hard to be different and it ends up annoying. I would have wrote most of them differently and made them more consistent in their personalities.

- Bastian is a Breton in everything but name. I want to see Bastian's race converted to Breton and a proper Imperial added. Lucilla Caprenia, the female battlemage from Dread Cellar that we can get as a houseguest, would have been ideal in that regard.
    - Mirri with her Daedric and Antiquarian fascinations should have been a Sorceror. Replace her odd dislike for goblins with a hatred of spiders..."I don't like spiders and snakes, but that ain't what it takes..."
    - Ember definitely should have been a Nightblade.
    - I get that ZOS wanted to include an Arcanist to the Necrom expansion, but Azandar really should have been a Dark Elf and not an insane Redguard.
    - That said, an insane Redguard would be perfect for a Necromancer, since necromancy is like the ultimate heresy to Redguard culture.
    - I still think Hildegarde, the werewolf girl from the Dark Brotherhood, would have been an interesting companion.
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a monkey, and have the option to train it for evil, rob houses, kill npcs by jumping off the roof with a knife, things like that.

Like in the Indian documentaries you watch on YT
    Edited by ikzaa on 27 March 2024 02:26
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non-Playable Humanoid Race (such as Dremora or Maormer)
    Would like a female Dremora & the tiniest possible male Bosmer (Werewolf)
    FOR THE COVENANT! 🦁

PS NA 2300+
    PS EU 1500+
    PS NA Alt 600+

Bring back Crafty Lerisa & Sergeant Seyne

The dwarven spider enthusiast
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-Playable Non-Humanoid Race (such as Alfiq)
    I know it will never happen, but I love the idea of an Alfiq companion. Must be my love for Sereyne.
    Second choice would be one of those super built Khajiit NPCs from Elsweyr for totally normal reasons.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    I'm really tired with the lack of altmer houseguests/helpers/companion. PLEASEEEEEEE be an altmer companion, at the beginning I wanted an altmer necromancer but now I'll take any kind
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    I'm really tired with the lack of altmer houseguests/helpers/companion. PLEASEEEEEEE be an altmer companion, at the beginning I wanted an altmer necromancer but now I'll take any kind

Right? Why has it taken them so long to implement a high elf house guest?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Right? Why has it taken them so long to implement a high elf house guest?

I know, it’s crazy — not even a houseguest much less a companion or assistant!
    I really want a male Altmer companion, and not when we finally get one, a Manimarco clone, but so far I think ZOS has done well in making the companions not cliques, so I remain hopeful.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, no more companions
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    I wanted an Argonian Necromancer, but Sharp ended up being to my liking. Bosmer would probably fit into the chapter theme, and has yet to be released. I don't know about a Bosmer Necromancer though... Perhaps Altmer or Nord. Maybe we enslave Mannimarco in a jailbreak from Cold Harbor.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc (Orsimer)
    Orbital78 wrote: »
    I wanted an Argonian Necromancer, but Sharp ended up being to my liking. Bosmer would probably fit into the chapter theme, and has yet to be released. I don't know about a Bosmer Necromancer though... Perhaps Altmer or Nord. Maybe we enslave Mannimarco in a jailbreak from Cold Harbor.

Maybe we'll get an Argonian Necromancer in the future! ZOS did say that they were open to the idea of introducing another Argonian Companion who didn't have slavery as a centerpiece of their past, so if ZOS begins repeating Companion races and classes, we may actually get an Argonian Necromancer Companion in a few years time.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Q: How did the writing process go for the two new companions and how did you settle on the perfect choice for Brandon Keener as Sharp-as-Night's voice actor? <3

JC: Brandon Keener really is perfect, isn’t he? 😊
    Writing companion quests isn’t so different from writing any other quest. Where it differs is in systemic dialogue: combat barks, rapport triggers, off-quest conversations, etc. I loved writing these for Sharp, which is good because we have to write a LOT of them.
    I took over Sharp from another writer right as character concepts and quest designs finished and writing first drafts began. I really owe it to content designer Janet Priblo, loremaster Michael Zenke, systems designer Carrie Day, and zone lead/companions product owner Tom Murphy for helping me find Sharp’s voice once I joined the Companions team. I was also fortunate enough to get some thoughtful guidance and edits on Sharp’s story from former loremaster Leamon Tuttle, which I’m incredibly thankful for.
    Sharp’s story and development were heavily influenced by the zone we introduced him in. I’m positive there’s room to introduce another Argonian companion someday who doesn’t have slavery as a centerpiece of their past. That said, I’m very proud of the story we ended up telling with Sharp. To me, the questline is about little flames of hope enduring in the darkest of times and finding out who you are by choosing who you want to be.
    As for casting: I’m the one who put forward Brandon Keener’s name for consideration. Our amazing audio team secured some great auditions for Sharp, but I’m lucky we picked Brandon because ultimately his voice was the one I had stuck in my head while writing.
    Brandon came to the first day of recording with a deep understanding of the character and a voice more informed by traditional Argonian dryness than I had prepared myself to ask for. There’s very little Sharp gets to keep from his tribe in terms of identity; him retaining much of that deliberate Saxhleel vocal style was a development that was all Brandon, and I’m eternally grateful for that choice in his performance. He was a delight to work with, and I’d love to write for him again someday.
    Edited by Erickson9610 on 27 March 2024 17:41
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if there were no more companions.
    I'd be even happier if there weren't any to begin with.... imo one of the worst things to come into the game - and I love almost everything about this game.
    They are a scourge during events when you need bosses of any kind, and a scourge at dolmens, etc., both of which I rarely bother with any more just because of companions.
    But as I said.... Just my opinion.
    Edited by Alastrine on 27 March 2024 21:18
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-Playable Humanoid Race (such as Dremora or Maormer)
    Vi5i0n wrote: »
    Eveli, pls. She's ADORABLE!

i would never want eveli as a companion, especially after the way she is portrayed in blackwood
    Cadwell. For the win.

cadwell would be fun

for both of the quoted: sadly we will never see pre-existing NPCs as companions, the devs already stated as such that the companions will be their own unique characters so they cant "run into themselves" (part of the asinine reason we have to run the companion intro quests on every toon)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    High Elf is the only race we don't have a companion or houseguest of yet. Personally, I would love to see a curious female Altmer sorceress or perhaps an arrogant male Altmer kinlord. Or better yet, both! The sorceress as a companion and the kinlord as a houseguest. No more jesters or performers, though - House of Revelries would be redundant with the existing ones (the jester & the bard guy).
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc (Orsimer)
    I love Altmer so much, I'm terrified they'd make an Altmer companion who's little more than a meme. There are just so many stereotypes in the gaming world involving high elves now. The arrogant evil high elf. The sexy high elf vampire. So I chose Orc. If they decided to make a sexy Orc vampire, that would at least be interesting.
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    Female Bosmer because there's Bosmer stuff in Golden Road. Slightly insane Altmer necro.

• OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    If we had a sarcastic high elf lady to talk down to us like the banker in Ali or, everyone would benefit.
    davidtk wrote: »
    Am I only one who wants Lamia?

This would also be awesome. The ones you can have team up with you in Coldharbour were great. Unlikely though as dressing them would be difficult.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what race do I want to see?

probably the 800 meter.

:#
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    A High Elf lady, but I dread it if they made her a necro. A wood elf necro would not make me happy as well. No necros in my gang.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    I need an Altmer who puts me down and refuses to do anything lol
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc (Orsimer)
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just echoing what others have noted, we will have two new companions in Q4 of this year. We'll have more info to share as we lead up to Q4 as well.

It's likely we won't hear about the new Companions until Q3 at least, but the fact that they're not tied to the Chapter could imply that they're not necessarily from the West Weald region.

While it would be nice to have a Bosmer Companion to go along with the Chapter, it might be the case that we meet such a Companion somewhere else in Tamriel, possibly in a later year. We don't know at this time, however.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf (Bosmer)
    A cute waifu please!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    High Elf (Altmer)
    Altmer female, please, along with romanceable companions? I read that they're considering romance stories for companions in the future, and I'd love to give my Altmer Psijic an Altmer bride.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    TES megafan since Morrowind
    [PC/NA]