Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Gifting Update – October 2023

• FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I don't have any plans to gift, so it doesn't really matter that I'm not authorized to do so, and I won't be asking for a review. But my account has been subbed for many years to ESO+, has crown purchases, I play daily, and am a member of 5 guilds (two are trading guilds so I sell/donate regularly. Whatever the requirements are, something is goofy in there.

I think whatever the requirements are, they have nothing to do with buying crowns or being subbed for X amount of time.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I have to admit the CS request to get gifting re-enabled is rather frustrating. I went through the section as requested, tciked the box to re-enable gifting, gave some additional information about not able to see all transactions in billing history

1st response - speak to sony if you want to see billing history
    2nd response - copy and paste of the forum post explaining what to do etc
    3rd response - request to raise a ticket using the the route suggested (this is on a ticket that was made using the route selected and shows that the tick box was ticked to enable gifting)

Fingers crossed for 4th time lucky!

How did you manage to get 3 replies?
    OH is still waiting for a 1st reply.
    PS privilege!! :P
    (or maybe less players?)
    :)
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't gift, so I'm not personally effected by this. But I did want to add to the discussion of what is displayed on my end as well.

I'm on PS.

I logged into my account and checked billing history and the only thing listed is the "Infernium Dwarven Spiderling Pet" that I would have gotten from the marketing email promo.

I've played for 3 years now.

Buy Plus 6 months at a time, approx. 4 times in 3 years.

I've purchased crowns periodically. I purchased a small pack of crowns just about a week and half ago.

None of that is in my billing history.

Personally I'm not bothered by this, so I won't add to CS's work load by submitting a ticket. But thought I should share.

Same. I have none of my subscriptions listed... its only listed on my actual Playstation account even though they are linked.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on 12 October 2023 14:06
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have any plans to gift, so it doesn't really matter that I'm not authorized to do so, and I won't be asking for a review. But my account has been subbed for many years to ESO+, has crown purchases, I play daily, and am a member of 5 guilds (two are trading guilds so I sell/donate regularly. Whatever the requirements are, something is goofy in there.

I think whatever the requirements are, they have nothing to do with buying crowns or being subbed for X amount of time.

Yeah, I'm not sure why those were in my head, probably because they used to be listed as criteria?
    As I said, I have no plans for crown gifting, barely ever gifted before, so there's no real impact to me. Still feels like a slap in the face though.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. But nonetheless the requirements are fundamentally flawed. This is not just 1 or 2 cases where we can't know the other player's full history and maybe there is some red flag there. It is like tons and tons of people. Long time players in good standing. Have we all been playing for years, subscribed for years, in multiple guilds, thousands of forum posts, thousands of in-game achievements, all to lull ZOS into a false sense of security before we launch our diabolical master plan?

I don't know the eligibility algorithm. I don't need to know the eligibility algorithm. Something is going on, a bug or poor design decision, that is making it excessively restrictive. I approve of ZOS keeping the algorithm secret. But I don't think that can be used as an excuse to not internally debug or tweak this algorithm. Some red flag is overly broad or sensitive and overriding scads of green flags that should make it obvious the player is not a fraud.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started a new (1st) character on the NA server on my alt account. I sub on there currently but only play intermittently on EU apart from logging in daily for the rewards. I got a message straight away saying gifting will be unlocked in <1 day even tho the EU server is still locked with no time frame given. Seems like something weird is going on there
    PS4 EU
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm not sure why those were in my head, probably because they used to be listed as criteria?
    As I said, I have no plans for crown gifting, barely ever gifted before, so there's no real impact to me. Still feels like a slap in the face though.

Personally I think it is PVP achievement linked.
    I base this on nothong except the idea of a bunch of scammers running around cyrodil as canon fodder is funny to me
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I think it is PVP achievement linked.
    I base this on nothong except the idea of a bunch of scammers running around cyrodil as canon fodder is funny to me

Don't you know? You have to get Emperor no less than 10 times on at least two toons.

:)

I do hope they have lots of fun!
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They do actually. Check the announcements when you log in. Thats where it is i believe but it actually says it in game.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who didn’t have Crown gifting enabled for them should not see it as a slight or that their account has any marks against it. There must be a reason why account age or other obvious criteria are not being used to enable Crown gifting or surely it would be much less work for ZOS rather than a labor-intensive manual process.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    "Account must show consistent game play activity and be active in an in-game ESO community."

Well all the trouble it took me to get on this forum in the first place if we have to be active here my two alt accounts are doomed! There is only one of me here and that is enough. They should provide a way for us to link all our ESO accounts as a family account that will always be able to gift each other, no matter the situation for the rest of the community. We can trust ourselves, the person paying the bills should be able to gift themselves some goodies, rather than waste crowns on an extra account.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who didn’t have Crown gifting enabled for them should not see it as a slight or that their account has any marks against it. There must be a reason why account age or other obvious criteria are not being used to enable Crown gifting or surely it would be much less work for ZOS rather than a labor-intensive manual process.

My concern is just that there will be far fewer players available to sell Crowns because of the hoop you have to jump through of going online and opening a ticket and waiting a week for approval. There's many players on the game that have never even been on this forum to see this post.

Obviously this is better than not having Gifting at all but it seems like they could of approved a lot more players than they did from the jump based on the criteria they layed out.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    "Account must show consistent game play activity and be active in an in-game ESO community."

Well all the trouble it took me to get on this forum in the first place if we have to be active here my two alt accounts are doomed! There is only one of me here and that is enough. They should provide a way for us to link all our ESO accounts as a family account that will always be able to gift each other, no matter the situation for the rest of the community. We can trust ourselves, the person paying the bills should be able to gift themselves some goodies, rather than waste crowns on an extra account.

I do not think they meant being active here, on the forum. Only a small number of players care about signing up for posting. Probably being in a guild, having friends, doing group activities counts as "being active in an in-game ESO community". I might be wrong though.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My concern is just that there will be far fewer players available to sell Crowns because of the hoop you have to jump through of going online and opening a ticket and waiting a week for approval. There's many players on the game that have never even been on this forum to see this post.

Obviously this is better than not having Gifting at all but it seems like they could of approved a lot more players than they did from the jump based on the criteria they layed out.

That is true, but hopefully guilds will help spread the word too (it was in the MotD of my main trading guild) and people may think to look into it with so many in zone now asking to buy Crowns — not ideal still, but hopefully no one who cares about Crown gifting will be left in the dark. But you’re right, I’m sure it will negatively impact supply, even though infinitely better than no gifting at all.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I play
    aussie500 wrote: »

I do not think they meant being active here, on the forum. Only a small number of players care about signing up for posting. Probably being in a guild, having friends, doing group activities counts as "being active in an in-game ESO community". I might be wrong though.

I am all around active, buddy. Forum, quests, achivements, 2k cp, eso plus at the moment, friends, guilds, trials, ToT etc. Still I can't make gifts. And again, it seems nobody around can. My bet that it is designed to be manually aproved from start :blush:
    p.s. I didn't get my dragons btw. And sadly my house won't be finished til 10.2024, unless ZOS will pop up with some solution about making october items available again after this storm with tickets will be over.

Please update, if it will be possible.
    Edited by Trundik on 13 October 2023 06:21
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have gifting enabled either (on PC EU, I haven't checked NA because I almost never log in there). I have no idea if I'm not eligible for some reason or if it's because the system doesn't work very well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time an 'automatic' system missed people. (I got reminded of that going though my billing history where I have 2 'Morrowind Closed Beta' access listings, because the first attempt missed some people, and then a 'Morrowind Access/Entitlements - Compensatory' from after release because even purchasing it didn't work correctly for everyone.)

I very rarely send gifts (I think I've sent 2 or 3 in total) so I don't think it's worth the trouble of submitting a ticket and going through endless rounds of responding to automated and generic replies in the hopes of eventually getting escalated to the point someone will actually read it. But I wanted to add my name to the list of those who believe they were missed, in case there's some sort of investigation going on to get it working properly in future.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Kallykat wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin Can we get some clarity on this requirement? I'm not sure if I can honestly say "agree" when this is included even though I more than meet the other requirements. Does this mean I have to be active in a guild? If so, that hardly seems reasonable. I'm an active player and have been for years, and I'm involved in the ESO community to some extent outside the game, but I mainly play solo. I do like to gift at Christmas, and my husband occasionally subscribes and gifts me even though we're not in a guild. I know there are others who have multiple accounts and gift from one account to another. What is needed to be considered active in an in-game community? Should I go ahead and submit a ticket anyway?

Yes, please submit a ticket. That will currently be the only way for us to verify and enable gifting after customer service reviews your ticket.

As for criteria, we noted this earlier in the thread, it should be stated again. We are not publishing the full criteria list as that just gives a roadmap for bad actors to look like real players. To expand, we would like everyone to submit a ticket, rather than trying to guess what the criteria could be. We understand the wait is frustrating, and we are working as fast as we can to get others cleared for gifting. However, this is the safest and most efficient way to ensure you get gifting access while keeping the integrity of the gifting solution intact.

…so…

I have ESO+, I have a good crown purchase history….but gifting is not enabled.

I have opened a ticket as requested (now on Day 2, still listed as “waiting for agent”).

@ZOS_Kevin Any chance the tool tip in game can be updated?

I’d read the initial posts saying gifting was being reenabled, and have been checking as (according to ingame tool tip) I meet the criteria.

…it’s only after scrolling 2/3 of the way through this thread do I find the message to submit a ticket, and it’ll take 7-10 days to verify. To me, the tool tip is misleading as there’s no mention of ticket submission as a requirement, only through reading forum posts….and I don’t expect to have to flip flop between the game and the forum to find the information, when it should be covered in game info.

It’d be a lot less frustrating if the tool tip stated “please submit a help ticket to be verified for gifting” (or something similar).
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same here. No plans to gift, so won't be submitting a ticket, but my account was created in 2016 and I'm in-game doing in-game activities every day. Belong to 2 guilds, have bought all chapters, have bought from the crown store, and until recently was subscribed to ESO+ (technically still subscribed for another few days). As I said, I'm not interested in gifting crowns, but whatever they're using to check eligibility isn't working very well, so I just wanted to add another data point.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU. Beta account, never involved in gifting, and have bought MANY 21k crown pack purchases over the years, have been subscribed for many years as well(even now). Checking my billing history page, I am not eligible for gifting. Just figured I would check. (not going to submit a ticket)

[snip]
    [edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 October 2023 17:51
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Kallykat wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin Can we get some clarity on this requirement? I'm not sure if I can honestly say "agree" when this is included even though I more than meet the other requirements. Does this mean I have to be active in a guild? If so, that hardly seems reasonable. I'm an active player and have been for years, and I'm involved in the ESO community to some extent outside the game, but I mainly play solo. I do like to gift at Christmas, and my husband occasionally subscribes and gifts me even though we're not in a guild. I know there are others who have multiple accounts and gift from one account to another. What is needed to be considered active in an in-game community? Should I go ahead and submit a ticket anyway?

Yes, please submit a ticket. That will currently be the only way for us to verify and enable gifting after customer service reviews your ticket.

As for criteria, we noted this earlier in the thread, it should be stated again. We are not publishing the full criteria list as that just gives a roadmap for bad actors to look like real players. To expand, we would like everyone to submit a ticket, rather than trying to guess what the criteria could be. We understand the wait is frustrating, and we are working as fast as we can to get others cleared for gifting. However, this is the safest and most efficient way to ensure you get gifting access while keeping the integrity of the gifting solution intact.

…so…

I have ESO+, I have a good crown purchase history….but gifting is not enabled.

I have opened a ticket as requested (now on Day 2, still listed as “waiting for agent”).

@ZOS_Kevin Any chance the tool tip in game can be updated?

I’d read the initial posts saying gifting was being reenabled, and have been checking as (according to ingame tool tip) I meet the criteria.

…it’s only after scrolling 2/3 of the way through this thread do I find the message to submit a ticket, and it’ll take 7-10 days to verify. To me, the tool tip is misleading as there’s no mention of ticket submission as a requirement, only through reading forum posts….and I don’t expect to have to flip flop between the game and the forum to find the information, when it should be covered in game info.

It’d be a lot less frustrating if the tool tip stated “please submit a help ticket to be verified for gifting” (or something similar).

I do a lot of pvp, and MY account has gifting enabled.
    Just sayin.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i checked and i had gifting enabled, though i never sell crowns lol

never had to put a ticket in or anything either, it was just enabled after the system went live
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • IrisDupree
    IrisDupree
    ✭✭✭
    Played since the start in early access. Took a break right after, came back in I think 2018 and have had an eso+ sub for the entire time. Never gotten a report on my account and I rp, PVP (very little) do dungeons, have a fair amount of achieve points, more cp than I can use and have bought crowns far too many times.
    But my account is indeed locked from gifting, I did send in a ticket. Though Ir rarely gift, I do want the option in case I can help out a friend later.
    I do very much wonder what the criteria to unlock it is. But I will wait patiently for someone to flip the switch.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really not going to help anything for everyone to post their playing and purchasing habits from the past decade and whether Crown gifting was enabled for them or not. It’s nothing against you or your account but necessarily complex criteria, so just submit a ticket.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    It’s really not going to help anything for everyone to post their playing and purchasing habits from the past decade and whether Crown gifting was enabled for them or not. It’s nothing against you or your account but necessarily complex criteria, so just submit a ticket.

True, the point I’m trying to make is that you ONLY know you need to submit a ticket if you read this thread.

If you only ever play the game and don’t use the forum (yes, there are players out there that never come here, or use discord) then they won’t know.

Alternatively look at it as “ingame it implies a two requirement automatic process” whereas in reality the step needed relies on submitting a ticket.

Simply update the statement(‘tool tip’) ingame to add “and submit a ticket”.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I think I’m seeing a reason why there’s a problem with gifting re-enablement.

From curiosity, I’ve just checked my billing history, and expected to see a good indication of crown store usage/crown purchase.

It doesn’t.

It shows ONLY twitch drop claims.

Unless there is some other method (I hope there is) then the billing history shown online here doesn’t match actual crown use ingame. Nor are any purchases made with crown crate gems listed either.

This is probably the reason for submitting a ticket.

I would have though the billing history would show all my crown store purchases as an auditable list, or (if you prefer) as a transactional list of crown purchases/receipts.

• Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    (Follow on thought)

It seems then, that if you have a twitch linked account, and claim drops, that overrides your billing history
    (Or overlays). Maybe billing history has a filter for all, twitch, crown etc I’m not seeing?

Either way, if displayed billing history only shows twitch drops in twitch enabled accounts, then that’d explain why a ticket is needed as support would need to do a manual cross ge k against their own internal crowns transactions database.

…though, as billing history is meant to serve as a receipt of crown store interaction, then (assuming I’ve not missed a filter) that’s another issue…linking to twitch accounts screws up billing/consumer receipts,
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be nice to once again be able to use my main account to buy stuff for my kids accounts which, are not subscribed. I would love if some day you made a secure way to trade crowns for gold in game as well. I'm sure there are newer players who would love to buy some crowns to gain some gold from those experienced players sitting on stacks of it.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I think I’m seeing a reason why there’s a problem with gifting re-enablement.

From curiosity, I’ve just checked my billing history, and expected to see a good indication of crown store usage/crown purchase.

It doesn’t.

It shows ONLY twitch drop claims.

Unless there is some other method (I hope there is) then the billing history shown online here doesn’t match actual crown use ingame. Nor are any purchases made with crown crate gems listed either.

This is probably the reason for submitting a ticket.

I would have though the billing history would show all my crown store purchases as an auditable list, or (if you prefer) as a transactional list of crown purchases/receipts.

I play on PC NA. I can see my complete billing history, but gifting was not enabled for me.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems then, that if you have a twitch linked account, and claim drops, that overrides your billing history
    (Or overlays). Maybe billing history has a filter for all, twitch, crown etc I’m not seeing?

Either way, if displayed billing history only shows twitch drops in twitch enabled accounts, then that’d explain why a ticket is needed as support would need to do a manual cross ge k against their own internal crowns transactions database.

…though, as billing history is meant to serve as a receipt of crown store interaction, then (assuming I’ve not missed a filter) that’s another issue…linking to twitch accounts screws up billing/consumer receipts,
    Twitch drops don't override billing history.

Billing history, on the other hand, doesn't (and shouldn't) show anything done in-game. Billing history is about your interaction with the account (a chapter bought, a ESO plus plan activated, a crown pack bought, etc.). Billing history is about spending real life money on the game (or receiving free rewards from outer sources).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (Follow on thought)

If you are on console billing history doesnt show there, you can see it through ps store (or I assume xbox equivalent)
    Soupy twist