Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Gifting Update – October 2023

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steam billing history I believe does not show either.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    If you are on console billing history doesnt show there, you can see it through ps store (or I assume xbox equivalent)

It also doesn't show anything in billing history when PC users buy ESO+ and crowns via Steam.

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I think I’m seeing a reason why there’s a problem with gifting re-enablement.

From curiosity, I’ve just checked my billing history, and expected to see a good indication of crown store usage/crown purchase.

It doesn’t.

It shows ONLY twitch drop claims.

Unless there is some other method (I hope there is) then the billing history shown online here doesn’t match actual crown use ingame. Nor are any purchases made with crown crate gems listed either.

This is probably the reason for submitting a ticket.

I would have though the billing history would show all my crown store purchases as an auditable list, or (if you prefer) as a transactional list of crown purchases/receipts.

I play on PS. My billing history on my ESO account here only shows that free stuff, too. I assume my actual purchases show on Sony's account for me rather than ESO's.

I have gifting enabled.

So, something else is in play.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Grimmhawk
    Grimmhawk
    Soul Shriven
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Steam billing history I believe does not show either.

Nope ,it'll only show on Steam. So ,if you buy crowns ,pay ESO+ or buy chapters and so on thru Steam ,that's only place it'll show.
  • twistedodean14
    twistedodean14
    ✭✭✭
    See this is my issue. We are paying for a monthly subscription for the game and its features. That includes gifting and receiving gifts. Why is it that folks whom did not participate in stealing from the company be punished and force to jump through hoops? this is not fair, and this is not a fix for the issue at hand. If people are getting free crowns through an exploit, fix the exploit, if folks are doing chargebacks, have your payment processor figure that out. Its not the players fault and they should not be hampered or have features taken away because ZOS have to deal with bad actors.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received a "We regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your request to activate Gifting", but to the best of my knowledge I meet all criteria the reply goes on to mention. I've replied to appeal the decision, but this honestly leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth when all I want to do is have the option to give gifts if I choose to do so.

Has anyone who has put in a ticket received a positive reply? I know they usually send a stock answer to tickets that you have to respond to, but this didn't read like one, and really leaves me quite worried. The implication is that I'm accused of breaching ToS or Code of Conduct even though I've never received anything to tell me this, and this is really NOT a good feeling when I'm fairly sure I haven't done anything that would come under this. Yet my account meets every other criteria the reply mentions...
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »
    I just received a "We regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your request to activate Gifting", but to the best of my knowledge I meet all criteria the reply goes on to mention. I've replied to appeal the decision, but this honestly leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth when all I want to do is have the option to give gifts if I choose to do so.

Has anyone who has put in a ticket received a positive reply? I know they usually send a stock answer to tickets that you have to respond to, but this didn't read like one, and really leaves me quite worried. The implication is that I'm accused of breaching ToS or Code of Conduct even though I've never received anything to tell me this, and this is really NOT a good feeling when I'm fairly sure I haven't done anything that would come under this. Yet my account meets every other criteria the reply mentions...

You should reply to the email asking for gifting to be unlocked again. Most of the time it is an automated answer and it takes some time before you get a mail from a real human. If a real human being answers you they most likely will write at the end.
    "Best wishes [name]"

I'm not sure if your ingame name is the same as as here on the forum but these bad actors who used the zone chat to advertise their stuff always had a random generated account name with random letters. Might be that your account got flagged by accident because you don't have an 'classic' account name like 'DragonSlayer' (or something along the lines) but a name the system associates with these random generated account names.

Wishing you the best of luck that they enable gifting for you!
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

You should reply to the email asking for gifting to be unlocked again. Most of the time it is an automated answer and it takes some time before you get a mail from a real human. If a real human being answers you they most likely will write at the end.
    "Best wishes [name]"

I'm not sure if your ingame name is the same as as here on the forum but these bad actors who used the zone chat to advertise their stuff always had a random generated account name with random letters. Might be that your account got flagged by accident because you don't have an 'classic' account name like 'DragonSlayer' (or something along the lines) but a name the system associates with these random generated account names.

Well.... none of my three accounts have "classic" account names - they're all very distinct "non-normal" names for US English....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

"Best wishes [name]"

Well.... none of my three accounts have "classic" account names - they're all very distinct "non-normal" names for US English....

Sorry, I don't know what better word to use than 'classic', English is not my first language - with 'classic' I mean names like DragonSlayer or Azura or any other account name that does not seem like random letters next to each other like 'ktwgp' or something along the lines.

TaSheen for example seems like a real account name based on its structure - if that makes sense - instead of random letters.

I hope this makes more sense now - I apologize if I was unclear but I don't know what other word to use.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Best wishes [name]"

Like I said, it didn't read like the typical stock reply I've had in the past. I've already replied to it in the hope I can get somewhere, but it felt worth flagging how this is being handled.

Using my account name to make a decision against me feels like a stretch. I'm aware some people find it hard to pronounce, but it is just a name and there are so many better things they can check.
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Best wishes [name]"

Like I said, it didn't read like the typical stock reply I've had in the past. I've already replied to it in the hope I can get somewhere, but it felt worth flagging how this is being handled.

Using my account name to make a decision against me feels like a stretch. I'm aware some people find it hard to pronounce, but it is just a name and there are so many better things they can check.

I now have one account that has gifting enabled after talking with support and the other got the same response you got. The second account though has a similar hard to pronounce name 2, so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if the system is really being weird about these kind of account names idk - both accounts have ESO+, crowns and I play with both regulary

At the very least this reminds me of the 'gifting via support' debacle...

Waiting on an agent now but yeah idk
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

"Best wishes [name]"

Sorry, I don't know what better word to use than 'classic', English is not my first language - with 'classic' I mean names like DragonSlayer or Azura or any other account name that does not seem like random letters next to each other like 'ktwgp' or something along the lines.

TaSheen for example seems like a real account name based on its structure - if that makes sense - instead of random letters.

I hope this makes more sense now - I apologize if I was unclear but I don't know what other word to use.

"TaSheen" is my forum account name only. My in game account names are.... um.... non-normal in any given languages as far as I'm aware. They also are not composed of "randomized" letters and numbers; they are specific to me, to writing I have done, but have not published. None of them are "common US English" words/names.

In other words.... my account names are totally non-germane to whatever process ZOS is using for this whole thing.

Works for me.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Superktro
    Superktro
    Soul Shriven
    Hey
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that. :disappointed:

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭

Got the same reply, appealed and got another version of a copy paste. No humans involved of course.

I thought this was to protect the company from bad actors? Speaking with my wallet engaged.
  • skayl
    skayl
    ✭✭
    Like many in this thread, my account did not have gifting unlocked by default (despite years of consistent activity, a long-time subscription, and former crown purchases). However, mine was unlocked on my first ticket attempt. And for what it's worth, my username has no identifiable words in any language: I know what it means, but it would very clearly be a random jumble of letters and symbols to others. So whatever their criteria are, they're likely not discriminating on username choice.
    PC/NA - cp2000+
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was really surprised to discover that gifting was not enabled for my account. I only wanted to send my daughter a birthday present and nope, not allowed! I submitted a ticket I guess we'll see.

I'm ESO+, never done anything out of the ordinary. I buy crown crates (and open them all myself), sometimes mounts. There are numbers in my usernames, but really is that such a red flag?

PS5/NA
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANKS!!!! I see it on my billing page. Back to my usual spending (hopefully, a sale inc!)

Darv
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I confirmed when I logged in today that I can't gift by trying to buy something for my daughter. I know it's not really personal, but I was still a bit hurt and disappointed. I haven't even had a parking ticket in over 25 years... :(

PS5/NA
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    "Best wishes [name]"

Using my account name to make a decision against me feels like a stretch..

I’d keep replying to the mails/reply until you get a HUMAN, and then push for a specific reason.
    “Don’t meet the criteria” is a weak and useless answer…ask which specific criteria…ask why, as a ESO+ crown store user who’s not been in trouble you still don’t meet their criteria.

This whole situation has been so badly managed for us, the customers.

It’s the equivalent of not letting anybody into a store because of one or two shoplifters, then saying you’ll let people in only with photo ID, but turning people away at the door because you don’t t like their picture.

I’m into “day five of waiting for an agent” so have yet to get to and outcome yet, but (having 20+ years of customer service experience) I’m prepared to ask for clarity if the decision goes against me.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d keep replying to the mails/reply until you get a HUMAN, and then push for a specific reason.
    “Don’t meet the criteria” is a weak and useless answer…ask which specific criteria…ask why, as a ESO+ crown store user who’s not been in trouble you still don’t meet their criteria.

It’s the equivalent of not letting anybody into a store because of one or two shoplifters, then saying you’ll let people in only with photo ID, but turning people away at the door because you don’t t like their picture.

I’m into “day five of waiting for an agent” so have yet to get to and outcome yet, but (having 20+ years of customer service experience) I’m prepared to ask for clarity if the decision goes against me.

Oh, this is exactly what I'm doing. But for stock replies they come very slowly... If they are fully automated and a human has not looked at anything yet, I don't understand why they take this long.

Edited by Ezhh on 16 October 2023 15:06
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Best wishes [name]"

kevin did explicitly state that the wait period for these tickets to get taken care of was 7-10 business days
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Best wishes [name]"

kevin did explicitly state that the wait period for these tickets to get taken care of was 7-10 business days

He also indicated that this is a manual review: "The customer service team is going through these tickets manually."

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I got denied as well, and three given potential reason only leave me with potential recent ToS violation that I don't know of...
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile the gold sellers are still giving out their website address to buy gold and mats for real money in zone chat on PS NA Reapers March.
    It never ends...
    Edited by Four_Fingers on 16 October 2023 19:55
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile the gold sellers are still giving out their website address to buy gold and mats for real money in zone chat on PS NA Reapers March.
    It never ends...

There’s a regular gold seller group on PS NA that spams in zone chat all the time. You block them and they just keep making new accounts.

Edited by Twohothardware on 16 October 2023 23:16
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭

Yes, takes 7-10 days….because it’s a manual process…

1. If it’s a manual process then you should get a named person replying

2. It takes 7-10 days because they’ve underestimated how many reviews they need to do and have not assigned more resources to do it.

Ultimately it’s ZOS that are losing out as they are hurting their customers who buy and gift with crowns.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sad to watch all that struggle. ZOS can't just check people's payment history and information? Makes it looks like they aren't even checking player engagement to take decisions. While that, many players taking advantage of the situation and selling crowns above 2000:1
    Edited by Aorys on 17 October 2023 15:10
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL, my account with 10k+ hours of playtime, subbed to Plus almost non-stop for two years, logs in every day, active in multiple guilds... was just rejected for gifting with no explanation. Also no ToS violations that I have ever been made aware of... is ZoS secretly flagging some of our accounts for some unknown infraction?

Really great system and great way to treat your customers.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Security through obscurity is historically bad business.

a six month old account does seem useful for a criteria. The actual level of the gifting player seems like it would be a better criteria though. Players with high levels, 500 or 1000 or more certainly have a lot more to lose if you shut down their accounts for fraud, though i guess a dedicated player could reach cp 1k in a couple months if they had no job but had an income.. so maybe a 6 month old account is a better determiner after all.