Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Gifting Update – October 2023

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    freespirit wrote: »
    Three accounts, one enabled, as I suspected would be the case.

Not the end of the world but a little bit annoyed all the same! However I really feel for CS atm they must be buried under tickets so I will hold off on even submitting one. <3

If you have accounts you would like to have gifting enabled on, please do not wait to submit a ticket. CS is prepared for players submitting tickets, so getting them in now is ideal.

What is the best way to do that? I'm sure my storage accounts look questionable, do we provide proof they are linked to our main account in some way?
    I do sometimes pay for an odd month of ESO+ here and there for moving things around, it would be nice to be able to gift those crowns to myself

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7972875/#Comment_7972875

has the basic chain of input for CS.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    On the plus side, if we can convince the fraudsters that they have to play Tales of Tribute against each other, talk to Stuga on all of their alts, build a shrine to Akatosh in their house, and learn to play the clarinet, that's time they're not spending defrauding. :tongue:

It will also be easier to find them because no one does all of those things. Especially the Stuga part. :smile:

Oddly enough, I was "approved" four times. I am assuming for PC, XBox, and PSN, which are all linked together, but apparently also for Stadia?

Since I only gift with myself, from my main account to my other account, I am hoping that recipients don't have to be approved. That account did not get approved, but that is OK if it doesn't need to be in order to receive.

Edited by Elsonso on 11 October 2023 22:04
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    freespirit wrote: »
    Three accounts, one enabled, as I suspected would be the case.

Not the end of the world but a little bit annoyed all the same! However I really feel for CS atm they must be buried under tickets so I will hold off on even submitting one. <3

If you have accounts you would like to have gifting enabled on, please do not wait to submit a ticket. CS is prepared for players submitting tickets, so getting them in now is ideal.

What is the best way to do that? I'm sure my storage accounts look questionable, do we provide proof they are linked to our main account in some way?
    I do sometimes pay for an odd month of ESO+ here and there for moving things around, it would be nice to be able to gift those crowns to myself

Make sure you follow the instruction in the original post for placing a ticket. Here is the section on that:
    If you do not have access to Crown Store gifting after it is re-enabled on October 11, 2023, and wish for a review of your account, please visit https://help.elderscrollsonline.com and submit a Customer Support ticket. Please choose the Billing / Purchase / Code category then Platform > I have a question about a sale / offer > I want to send gift items from this account.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin 7-10 days is way to long. Why don't you extend current store goods list? Nearly impossible to find people with enabled gifting in less than a day untill october set will disappear. Thats not fair at all.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »
    Maybe someone who has it enabled can verify its live? So far nobody I know has it enabled.

Someone just gifted me an item, as a test. Definitely working.
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin it really is sounding like they need to relook at console. Too many people playing for years paying tons of money aren’t eligible. I tried logging into the website to submit a ticket and having difficulty logging in when I click on support even though I can log in and see my account billing history perfectly fine. Can’t see game purchases just seeing a lot of twitch drops with a no purchases. I would love to follow your direction for support but it isn’t working for me.
    Edited by shalalaA7X on 12 October 2023 00:09
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have subbed every day since launch 2014, logged in and played every single day, bought all chapters at launch, provided 100s of feedback from PTS and still do not have gifting unlocked :open_mouth:
    Edited by James-Wayne on 11 October 2023 23:22
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im confused. Do i have to have logged in 30 days prior to today? Does it start from today? I have an eso plus annual that was just renewed. How the heck does this even work? @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on 12 October 2023 00:49
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Trundik wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin 7-10 days is way to long. Why don't you extend current store goods list? Nearly impossible to find people with enabled gifting in less than a day untill october set will disappear. Thats not fair at all.

The customer service team is going through these tickets manually. So the 7-10 day threshold unfortunately cannot be avoided.

As for the concern around Crown Store items leaving, while we understand the frustration, a lot of this is on a schedule that is more or less set in stone, as any changes will impact the rest of the calendar year. That being said, we will pass this concern on to our teams incase there is any room for an extension. No promises, but we will pass it on.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    shalalaA7X wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin it really is sounding like they need to relook at console. Too many people playing for years paying tons of money aren’t eligible. I tried logging into the website to submit a ticket and having difficulty logging in when I click on support even though I can log in and see my account billing history perfectly fine. Can’t see game purchases just seeing a lot of twitch drops with a no purchases. I would love to follow your direction for support but it isn’t working for me.

We have confirmation on our side and from console players that gifting is working.

Regarding this issue you’re experiencing, please DM me a screenshot of what you’re seeing along, and we’ll pass it on to our teams to advise.
    Staff Post
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Well this my main account has gifting enabled, but it is my two alt accounts that I want it on so I can gift myself some goodies! Two requests put in, but I will not get my hopes up it will be enabled in time, going to take ages doing it manually.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭

We have confirmation on our side and from console players that gifting is working.

Regarding this issue you’re experiencing, please DM me a screenshot of what you’re seeing along, and we’ll pass it on to our teams to advise.

I think he means that on console amount of eligible players is very low and I can confirm that it can be truth. I didn't find any on ps4 eu and my guildmates here and there said that crown selling doesn't work at all, which means nobody from those communities actually able to make gifts right now. Certain people who used to often send me gifts also cannot do so now - not one of them. All send tickets...
    Edited by Trundik on 12 October 2023 01:51
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin thanks for the offer of passing on for the team to advise but it really isn’t worth it for me. It is more that it is frustrating with being an eso + member for years, being 3100 + cp and playing since close to console release isn’t enough to have approval without going through ticket method to get it set up just for the off chance I want to send something to my fiancé or friend. He can’t gift either he behind me with cp but we both have been playing for years and paying for eso+ along with buying crowns packs but rarely gifting. I haven’t heard of anyone in my Xbox playing groups that it has worked for.
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    I don't gift, so I'm not personally effected by this. But I did want to add to the discussion of what is displayed on my end as well.

I'm on PS.

I logged into my account and checked billing history and the only thing listed is the "Infernium Dwarven Spiderling Pet" that I would have gotten from the marketing email promo.

I've played for 3 years now.

Buy Plus 6 months at a time, approx. 4 times in 3 years.

I've purchased crowns periodically. I purchased a small pack of crowns just about a week and half ago.

None of that is in my billing history.

Personally I'm not bothered by this, so I won't add to CS's work load by submitting a ticket. But thought I should share.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - 2 Star
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked mine and I didn’t see anything he can gift players in the billing history, which is weird since I only buy crowns never sell them. But my question is can I still buy them or do I have to be able to send them to also be able to receive them? If that makes sense
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for y'all on consoles - when major changes happen in a game, do you normally hard shutdown and then do a cold reboot? A friend of mine on xbox had to do that a couple of times to see the gifting confirmation.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • CoffinCuddles
    Hello! I have a question.

Does this only affect people who want to gift others or does the person has to be cleared to not only send but to receive gifts?

I'm currently waiting on CS to approve me to be able to gift, Does this mean I cannot be gifted myself since I cannot gift at this moment?

Thanks! (and My apologies if someone had this answered, I was looking for it earlier and finally got the chance to make a forum account.)
    Coffee, Cuddles and Chaos - CoffinCuddles

Playing ESO since 2016, 5.8k+ hours across platforms!
  • Bad_Actor
    Bad_Actor
    Soul Shriven
    Hello folks! Anyone found a pattern and hidden requirements to be eligible for gifting yet?
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad_Actor wrote: »
    Hello folks! Anyone found a pattern and hidden requirements to be eligible for gifting yet?

You need a nefarious profile picture.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to admit the CS request to get gifting re-enabled is rather frustrating. I went through the section as requested, tciked the box to re-enable gifting, gave some additional information about not able to see all transactions in billing history

1st response - speak to sony if you want to see billing history
    2nd response - copy and paste of the forum post explaining what to do etc
    3rd response - request to raise a ticket using the the route suggested (this is on a ticket that was made using the route selected and shows that the tick box was ticked to enable gifting)

Fingers crossed for 4th time lucky!

Soupy twist
  • afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭✭
    does any of this change affect recipients?

currently, gifting is locked for me. my account should meet the requirements; but, if this doesn't affect me being a recipient of a gift then i don't mind passing on submitting a ticket lol.
  • Bad_Actor
    Bad_Actor
    Soul Shriven
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Bad_Actor wrote: »

You need a nefarious profile picture.

done ;)
  • Mrrshaw
    Mrrshaw
    I can see all transactions, played on and off since beta (mainly with ESO+), used the store and bought crowns, but apparently one of the demands is to "Be active in ESO community" and I guess because I hadn't activated my forum user I was denied?

For me, that's a really misleading way of making sure accounts are legit.

Also, as I do read these forums even though I haven't posted before - I wish the items in the store would be extended. Or even better, take it as an opportunity to remove the limitation of which items to sell on the shop and just open it up so we can shop anything.

Regards,
    Someone who has missed the Lumberjack custome for several years in a row
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know what this strange requirements are?
    "hr Konto muss eine konstante Aktivität im Spiel aufweisen und Sie müssen ein aktives Mitglied der ESO-Community sein."
    "Your account must have consistent in-game activity and you must be an active member of the ESO community."
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we need more information as to why a lot of us weren't approved already this morning. I know for certain I meet all of the requirements listed and have countless hours played on PlayStation with nothing negative ever done to my account.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Account must show consistent game play activity and be active in an in-game ESO community."

@ZOS_Kevin Can we get some clarity on this requirement? I'm not sure if I can honestly say "agree" when this is included even though I more than meet the other requirements. Does this mean I have to be active in a guild? If so, that hardly seems reasonable. I'm an active player and have been for years, and I'm involved in the ESO community to some extent outside the game, but I mainly play solo. I do like to gift at Christmas, and my husband occasionally subscribes and gifts me even though we're not in a guild. I know there are others who have multiple accounts and gift from one account to another. What is needed to be considered active in an in-game community? Should I go ahead and submit a ticket anyway?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Kallykat wrote: »
    "Account must show consistent game play activity and be active in an in-game ESO community."

@ZOS_Kevin Can we get some clarity on this requirement? I'm not sure if I can honestly say "agree" when this is included even though I more than meet the other requirements. Does this mean I have to be active in a guild? If so, that hardly seems reasonable. I'm an active player and have been for years, and I'm involved in the ESO community to some extent outside the game, but I mainly play solo. I do like to gift at Christmas, and my husband occasionally subscribes and gifts me even though we're not in a guild. I know there are others who have multiple accounts and gift from one account to another. What is needed to be considered active in an in-game community? Should I go ahead and submit a ticket anyway?

Yes, please submit a ticket. That will currently be the only way for us to verify and enable gifting after customer service reviews your ticket.

As for criteria, we noted this earlier in the thread, it should be stated again. We are not publishing the full criteria list as that just gives a roadmap for bad actors to look like real players. To expand, we would like everyone to submit a ticket, rather than trying to guess what the criteria could be. We understand the wait is frustrating, and we are working as fast as we can to get others cleared for gifting. However, this is the safest and most efficient way to ensure you get gifting access while keeping the integrity of the gifting solution intact.
    Staff Post
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird. I can't seem to gift, either. I've never even gifted before. I am, however, a very experienced giftee. A person who needs all the things. To customer service with me, then. :/

[Edit--and... I'm in. Looks like I have finally been welcomed into the Elite gifting club :p]
    Edited by Cireous on 20 October 2023 12:50
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    I read that and found it odd as well. I am also a solo player. I am not "active" in an in-game community and honesty haven't been very active in the game, as of recent, as well. I show up to the events for the tickets and rewards, routinely do my crafting dailies, buy stuff from the crown store with both gold and real-life money, while patiently waiting for the game to improve before I get back into it again. I don't see how that should preclude me from the gifting world, though.

Which also has me questioning, if someone cannot gift, does that mean they also cannot be gifted to? Like, can I still hit up TCE and be gifted crown items for gold, even if I cannot give gifts myself [edit--yep, I can]? Or, if you are banned from one are you also banned from the other [nope]?

It just occurred to me that maybe the two are not mutually exclusive [It seems you can receive gifts just fine if you are not able to gift, they don't seem connected].

Edited by Cireous on 18 October 2023 22:43
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have any plans to gift, so it doesn't really matter that I'm not authorized to do so, and I won't be asking for a review. But my account has been subbed for many years to ESO+, has crown purchases, I play daily, and am a member of 5 guilds (two are trading guilds so I sell/donate regularly. Whatever the requirements are, something is goofy in there.