Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Gifting Update – October 2023

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    I have lots in my billing history but it's all the free stuff! Doesn't show that I sub or all the chapters and crowns I've bought

Same - it goes back to 2020 with free ouroboros crates etc, I guess earlier isn't visible!
    Soupy twist
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Well the guy, that usually gift me things, didn't receive aprove. Thats rly weird bc he is general player.

Things become dramatic. 21 hours left to buy dragons
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Same here - PS5. One think I note is that my account page that is linked to my playstation account doesn't show my eso plus, any of my crown packs I've bought, the chapters I've bought etc. I'm not sure if that is because they are going through the sony store and therefor not showing as bought on my subscription or billing history pages

I am also on PS5. Your assumption appears correct - I see none of my actual purchases reflecting in my Billing History on here, none of the chapters, ESO+, Crowns bought, etc. So I am guessing that lives on Sony's storefront. What does reflect are free items I have earned via Twitch drops and the Amazon Prime Gaming promos. But that being said, the very top of my Billing History does inform me that I am able to gift.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Same here - PS5. One think I note is that my account page that is linked to my playstation account doesn't show my eso plus, any of my crown packs I've bought, the chapters I've bought etc. I'm not sure if that is because they are going through the sony store and therefor not showing as bought on my subscription or billing history pages

I am also on PS5. Your assumption appears correct - I see none of my actual purchases reflecting in my Billing History on here, none of the chapters, ESO+, Crowns bought, etc. So I am guessing that lives on Sony's storefront. What does reflect are free items I have earned via Twitch drops and the Amazon Prime Gaming promos. But that being said, the very top of my Billing History does inform me that I am able to gift.

Unfortunately mine doesn't :( I've put in a ticket so lets see what happens!
    Edited by fizl101 on 11 October 2023 16:51
    Soupy twist
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gifting doesnt work for me either, and i should meet all requirements =/
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS5 with a lot of billing history for ESO+ and just purchased the Necrom chapter this year. My account is years old and gifting was not enabled. I just sent a ticket.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting they missed something on approving accounts and that a lot of people are going to have to submit tickets.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another old account with ESO+ who isn't gifting-enabled here. Seems like that's happening a lot. I'm wondering if it's better to add to the inevitable flood of support tickets now or wait a few days to see if they fix whatever's backed up in their system. Unless there's a secret "you haven't done a trial/baked a pie/talked to Stuga in the last 30 days" requirement they don't want to tell us about.

Guess a ticket is better than just sitting around.
    Edited by Ilsabet on 11 October 2023 19:41
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Unless there's a secret "you haven't done a trial/baked a pie/talked to Stuga in the last 30 days" requirement they don't want to tell us about.

No, its: play a match of ToT. Against another player.

Sorry, I just could not help myself... ;) I hope the issue with your account approval for gifting will get solved soon.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Unless there's a secret "you haven't done a trial/baked a pie/talked to Stuga in the last 30 days" requirement they don't want to tell us about.

No, its: play a match of ToT. Against another player.

Sorry, I just could not help myself... ;) I hope the issue with your account approval for gifting will get solved soon.

I totally did that uhhh however many months ago I wanted to get all the upgrades for my Druid King deck. That should totally count.

At least they seem to have planned ahead for the inevitable flood of tickets, and the process Kevin outlined was quite smooth. Literally just reviewing their list of requirements, clicking a button to confirm that we qualify, and they'll get back to us within 7-10 days.

I did note that "being active in an in-game ESO community" was part of how they gauge the activeness of an account, so I hope that doesn't lock out anyone who isn't in a guild.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • polaris86
    polaris86
    ✭✭✭
    I didn’t make the cut (based on my billing history). As a data point I’m a Steam player and a Plus subscriber, my account is just over a year old.
    Edited by polaris86 on 11 October 2023 17:55
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone who has it enabled can verify its live? So far nobody I know has it enabled.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly 8000 hours played, buy all the chapters, ESO+ subscribed constantly for the last 3 years. Played every single day for the last 3 years.
    Gifting not enabled.
    Xbox.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it is enabled for me, but not my OH, who has a very similar history with the game.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA. Literally subbed without interruption since the game was released in 2014. ZOS has almost 10 years of history of my loyalty and good behavior. Never disciplined or given any 3 day bans, etc. Yet not eligible to gift. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it is enabled for me, but not my OH, who has a very similar history with the game.

Similar. Enabled for me and some family members but others not.

I'm starting to think this is going to be declared broken very soon and disabled again...

edit: pc eu/na
    Edited by tincanman on 11 October 2023 18:40
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gifting available not showing in billing History.

Player since beta, Billing History goes all the way back to the Beta.
    I have 260 days of ESO+ time remaining.
    I renew ESO+ Yearly, then after a month or two cancel auto renewal as I do not like auto renewals.

So maybe the ESO+ with no auto renewal is the reason??? That seems to be a bit silly.

Edited by majulook on 11 October 2023 19:01
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »
    Thanks to those who replied earlier - I didn't want to send a ticket for no reason, but still no gifting unlocked for me, so ticket sent.

It says to allow AT LEAST 7 to 10 days for it to be processed.

I've been playing for years, on ESO+ nearly the whole time, buy new chapters on release, never been informed I'm in violation of anything, and an active guild leader who logs in close to every day. Really does leave me wondering what the criteria for gifting is, and needing to wait a minimum of a week for a reply feels a bit harsh.

The issue is that ZOS has to enable access manually and will need broader criteria or more time to expand access.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    Actuve player subscribe for 5 years, No Safety/ToS violations.
    Gifting has not unlocked for me.
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I am wondering whether the account that can't send gifts also not allowed to recieve gifts?
    Edited by dogmycats on 12 October 2023 05:16
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please stop trying to "figure out" what the secret criteria is. Kevin himself said they were not going to release these details because the fraudsters would take advantage of it.

I really really do not want to go back to having NO crown gifting because the people doing bad stuff managed to figure out the criteria, and that is probably what would happen in such a situation.

If you do not have crown gifting access, please submit a ticket like they suggested. But please don't discuss what the secret criteria could be
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that ZOS has to enable access manually and will need broader criteria or more time to expand access.

I fully expected some issues with auto-enabling it; building criteria that will grant it to all the right people and none of the wrong ones isn't straightforward. But I'd have thought an account having years of ESO+ alone would be a good indicator they can use. (Not to mention daily activity, 54k+ achievement points, lots of crown store items purchased and so on. Many of these would be good flags to identify a genuine player account).
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played on Xbox daily since 2018, subbed for over 5 years and yet don't have access to gifting. I buy ESO+ in 6 monthly increments, the last period started in August. I hope they don't need you to have paid irl cash in the previous 30 days for ESO+ make me wait til renewal in February.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Please please stop trying to "figure out" what the secret criteria is. Kevin himself said they were not going to release these details because the fraudsters would take advantage of it.

I really really do not want to go back to having NO crown gifting because the people doing bad stuff managed to figure out the criteria, and that is probably what would happen in such a situation.

If you do not have crown gifting access, please submit a ticket like they suggested. But please don't discuss what the secret criteria could be

On the plus side, if we can convince the fraudsters that they have to play Tales of Tribute against each other, talk to Stuga on all of their alts, build a shrine to Akatosh in their house, and learn to play the clarinet, that's time they're not spending defrauding. :tongue:
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gifting is enabled for me, and there's no way in Oblivion I'm posting my playtime, in game activities history, purchase history or any other data that scammers can use to copy and try to get their accounts to look legit. If your account isn't enabled, just do what ZOS has instructed and stop giving out your gaming data here because it's just feeding scammers info.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three accounts, one enabled, as I suspected would be the case.

Not the end of the world but a little bit annoyed all the same! However I really feel for CS atm they must be buried under tickets so I will hold off on even submitting one. <3
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they measure how many hours you've spent in pvp.

Require 500 hours of pvp before unlocking gifting. That'll teach the scammers LOL
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    freespirit wrote: »

Not the end of the world but a little bit annoyed all the same! However I really feel for CS atm they must be buried under tickets so I will hold off on even submitting one. <3

If you have accounts you would like to have gifting enabled on, please do not wait to submit a ticket. CS is prepared for players submitting tickets, so getting them in now is ideal.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three of mine are enabled - PC NA and EU.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    freespirit wrote: »

If you have accounts you would like to have gifting enabled on, please do not wait to submit a ticket. CS is prepared for players submitting tickets, so getting them in now is ideal.

What is the best way to do that? I'm sure my storage accounts look questionable, do we provide proof they are linked to our main account in some way?
    I do sometimes pay for an odd month of ESO+ here and there for moving things around, it would be nice to be able to gift those crowns to myself