Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Gifting Update – October 2023

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Taracmeden wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post. Was it supposed to be enabled today since the post was from yesterday? Or is gifting being reenabled tomorrow?

This will go live on Oct.11, as noted in the post.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this for xbox too? Will we be able to recieve gifts again after tommorow?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He already confirmed in this thread that PC and console both go live with this tomorrow afternoon.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this will be neat

i actually noticed over the weekend the new error message stating that your account is not valid to send gifts so i figured some kind of update was coming for this lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Kevin!
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! That's great news. I'm back.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He already confirmed in this thread that PC and console both go live with this tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks I'm just a silly goose, 🤪
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Destai wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! Can this "list of factors" please be communicated upfront? That might be helpful in cutting down on some confusion and resulting support tickets. I understand it's evolving, but it'd be good to get more baseline beyond the one factor you shared.

We are not publishing the full criteria list as that just gives a roadmap for bad actors to look like real players. If you are not initially eligible, you are welcome to contact Customer Support after we re-enable Crown Store gifting functionality tomorrow.

I am actually releived that you aren't publishing that criteria because honestly that would just mean that it would be just a matter of time before this would happen again.

"Keep it safe, keep it hidden" - Gandalf

😀
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any other information concerning policy that we should be aware of when it comes to gifting?

For example, can we still gift someone for coins? In the past, this was explicitly stated to be allowed by Gina Bruno.

What if we want to give a new player a gift? Can they receive gifts even though they can't give them?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 10 October 2023 21:50
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin answering these with unlimited rizz
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does rizz mean?
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

What does rizz mean?

It's slang for charisma, basically.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question:- I have three accounts. one will not have the stated 180 days from first login. it does have ESO+, I was hoping to gift items from this account to my main, is there any wriggle room on the 180 days @ZOS_Kevin ? <3
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was posted about "if you have questions about your ability to gift" was to put in a ticket with Customer Support.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was one of the people who was pretty upset about this. I didn't stop subscribing (on any acc) and I didn't stop playing, but I was butthurt. Pretty butthurt. I worried we'd never get it back. I worried I'd have to find some other game to play. I worried my favorite game in the world would lose some of its luster. I was a BIG BABY ABOUT IT.

And you came back with an awesome solution for those of us who love ESO and do want you guys to make your money... those of us who wait on the first of the month for the release (WILL THERE BE A GUAR I NEED?!?!?) THANK YOU for a solution that keeps honest people doing what they love!

Thank you for allowing me to continue buying guar in the way that I like to. And sorry I was so butthurt <3
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    What was posted about "if you have questions about your ability to gift" was to put in a ticket with Customer Support.

I just wanted to avoid the CS "merry go round" if I could :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

I just wanted to avoid the CS "merry go round" if I could :)

Can't blame you there!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still need info on whether or not the gifted item can be sold for gold. otherwise the community will riot over this change.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    meekmiko wrote: »
    Does this also mean that Crates will be giftable again? :o
    Or will they still be disabled while everything else is giftable again?

Crown Crate gifting is part of this, so you will be able to gift those again.

Yaaay! Thank you for the answer, Kevin! 😎
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much!

I am happy to know that the contributors of the Immersive Quests Addon will be able to earn cool prizes once again !

:smile:
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin the mvp :smiley:
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin the mvp :smiley:

Absolutely!

• Kimberlyand
    Kimberlyand
    Soul Shriven
    This is such great news!!!!
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, if I have a beta monkey and the senche tiger for subbing uninterrupted for one year on PC and transferred to console when it launched, I should be ok right?
    Wow 10 years. lol

It depends.

Did you pray to Akatosh everyday?
    How many soulgems did you sacrifice to [snip]?
    And last but not last how many crowns did you purchase?

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 October 2023 14:20
  • Lyterette
    Lyterette
    ✭✭
    What about items that were unavailable to gift during the lockdown? I have friends who can't afford to buy things for themselves, so I like to gift them things they need when I have the means. I was unable to gift Sereyne, for example, to a friend who really was sad to miss her again because gifting was unavailable. Will we be able to have these items come back to the Crown Store for a few days so we can gift items that weren't able to be gifted due to the lockdown?
    Edited by Lyterette on 11 October 2023 03:51
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    Having three accounts, being able to gift to my other accounts makes life so much easier. However, the one thing I am not seeing is if we are allowed to gift to others in exchange for gold, mats or anything else. If we don't know what we aren't allowed to do, it's hard to follow the rules, and nobody here wants to get banned or lose their gifting privileges entirely.

But a big thanks for getting gifting re-enabled :smile:

• JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banning the trading of crown gifts for gold (or other in game items) would require a change to the ToS.
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Edited because there was already an answer upfront.

Thank you for this
    Edited by PapaTankers on 11 October 2023 08:26
  • VinnyGambini
    VinnyGambini
    ✭✭✭
    Good job, Thank You.
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »
    So, if I have a beta monkey and the senche tiger for subbing uninterrupted for one year on PC and transferred to console when it launched, I should be ok right?
    Wow 10 years. lol

It depends.

Did you pray to Akatosh everyday?
    How many soulgems did you sacrifice to [snip]?
    And last but not last how many crowns did you purchase?

Did you just call my boy Sithis [snip]

Man I'm excited about this, thank you Kevin and to the devs! I've got some millions to spend!

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 October 2023 14:15