Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the Stam Sorcs looking at this also our arms are wide open to nightblades for embrace as we whisper in your ear. -

"Welcome to the club brother" 😂

We can give therapy - on how to deal with these changes.

We can do a one on one sit down and talk it out.

We don't recommend that you, go crazy on the forums trying to revert this. That will make the ZOS gods upset, as they will keep nerfing you into oblivion.

Also - if you dont kill that person prepare to be forcefully bagged hard.

And remember it's just a game have fun - make a Necro join the new Brotherhood 👍
  • echo2omega
    echo2omega
    ✭✭✭
    So.

Nightblades have a hard counter to all magicka classes with no counter play...
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    you forgot to give surprise attack a 1000% damage buff against silenced players. @Zeni
    Edited by John_1999 on 7 May 2019 21:14
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Really? People defending this overbuff?

I hope they also increase the cost. 120 ulti for silence is too cheap

250 ULT COST
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha @ZOS_Gilliam good one. P.S. nerf Templar, why the @#% not.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is gonna go live isn’t it.... I’m a mag main.... this is gonna go live isn’t it....

Stam necro it is then huh...
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Cortimi wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is a real thing, so I can watch all the magsorcs have a complete and total meltdown over finally being killable.

This isn't a magsorc issue. This is an issue for every single magicka class.

As a Stamplar, I will wait with my little bucket to collect the tears.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think it’s too bad, have to see it on live to test it. At first I though 3 seconds was too long, but dizzy swing is 2 seconds of unbreakable cc at least because of the knock back animation, and it’s spammable, plus there’s a bug where stacking cc means you can’t break free.

It’ll definitely change Stamblades into a threat against experienced pvpers and forget about being a glass canon.
    Edited by Iskiab on 7 May 2019 21:17
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade: Incapped that dudes hairline back -

Stam Sorc : That was nice - I understand your class has always been really good.

Zenimax : Hold my beer - 😂
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my.. why does ZoS keep releasing broken skills when even smallest braincell amount does tell you that is utterly broken!

A skill that has no counterplay... seems like some ZoS developers really struggle to kill anything with this class.

Who's "excellent" idea was this again? *irony*
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they revert it. They put it out there. They produced a stupid. The trust is gone. They cant undo that. 🤯🤮

PC EU
    PvP only
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? Like actually.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s too bad, have to see it on live to test it. At first I though 3 seconds was too long, but dizzy swing is 2 seconds of unbreakable cc at least because of the knock back animation, and it’s spammable, plus there’s a bug where stacking cc means you can’t break free.

It’ll definitely change Stamblades into a threat against experienced pvpers and forget about being a glass canon.

Yea until that goon squad of troll blades time all their incaps right after each other... it’s a quick GG for any mag toon.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll play NB next patch.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on 7 May 2019 21:22
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way... silence also prevents all ults from going off
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    This is a far more imbalanced change than the defile or stun. At least those could be countered. Zero chance of countering a silence. No healing, shields, skills if you are a mag character. It is pretty ridiculously overpowered.

Hmm how exactly does silence work?
    Is it possible to CC break out of it or not?

You can't use any skill for the duration of the silence, basically you can just block or roll dodge until the debuff is gone...
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    glavius wrote: »
    This is a far more imbalanced change than the defile or stun. At least those could be countered. Zero chance of countering a silence. No healing, shields, skills if you are a mag character. It is pretty ridiculously overpowered.

Hmm how exactly does silence work?
    Is it possible to CC break out of it or not?

You can't use any skill for the duration of the silence, basically you can just block or roll dodge until the debuff is gone...

Not exactly... Stam toons are unaffected minus their ulti and mag buffs.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Yea until that goon squad of troll blades time all their incaps right after each other... it’s a quick GG for any mag toon.

They dont need to time it. Any group with a single stamblade will be instant death to a mag toon if incap lands. It's basically almost like getting hit by a 3 secs unbreakable stun for a mag char.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on 7 May 2019 21:25
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

They dont need to time it. Any group with a single stamblade will be instant death to a mag toon.

Well obviously- but dude thinks 3 seconds isn’t long... and let’s say it’s a face tank healer- 2 incaps on cooldown means it’s over as well.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might beat the update 20 Sorc thread at this rate.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    So MNB gonna use Incap again

Will have too, silence is the strongest debuff against casters in any Game...
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? Like actually.

'30% healing received reduction from major defile was too strong, so we implemented a 100% healing done, shield strength and damage done reduction against mag chars only.'

abe31f4448fb9bc7_48x48.png
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well....
    lets honour this ultimate with 3 seconds of silence....
    tenor.gif?itemid=10102324

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

3 seconds is all i need on my stamblade to burst someone down, also you can use stamina skills ? You know that there are MAGICA classes in the game right ? ! and even the stamina classes rely on magica abilitys to survive
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this change! :)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally want to apologize to Wrobel for ever thinking he was the source of balance stupid on the dev team.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we make a "silence" but for Stamina abilities instead of Magicka abilities.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    I don't get it. Don't sorcs have a 12 sec ult that silences all enemies in it ? And deals damage ?

The only difference is you can't roll out of incap strike and it only affects one person. But also sorc ult affects multiple people and has a higher cost.

How often is incap strike front bared for the regen to be effective? Wouldn't dawnbreaker be more common on front.

Well but you can counter the sorc ult by dodging out or smart movement ( it is still realy strong agaisnt magica chars) you cant do that against incap, stamblade is also one of the classest with the highest burst in the game so yeah that will be fun
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Mag Toons,

Zos here... we’d like you to gracefully take your beatings from stamblades now... just lay down fellas. It’s overs. Tell your buddies to hop on over to the Stam side... we are tired of having to nerf sorcs so we gave incap a 3 second silence while maintaining of the only true empowerment left in the game. Yea nice combo no? Bet you can’t survive those La Surprise attacks now mfer....
    Edited by Insco851 on 7 May 2019 21:34
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about we make a "silence" but for Stamina abilities instead of Magicka abilities.

hTXebFx.jpg