Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not affected by break-free or cc immunity, this has to be ZOS trolling us.
    Options
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I finally know which of my characters I want to play that's not a necro.
    Options
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    elfantasmo wrote: »
    Patch 5.0
    Death Stroke has been notorious for being a very potent Ultimate. We wanted to retain this ability's identity as a mark for death on your target, helping the Nightblade excel at assassinating high priority targets while reducing some of the over bearing nature it enables.

Patch 5.0.3
    Incapacitating Strike: This morph no longer applies Minor Mangle or Stuns the target when cast with 120 or more Ultimate. Instead, it now Silences the target for 3 seconds when cast with 120 or more Ultimate.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_Gilliam - Could you please explain how this is in anyway making the skill less potent and less overbearing? Also can you confirm whether it can be CC broke or not?

If you go live with this change Necro will not be used, there will be 100v100v100 NBs in PvP.

Necro WILL be used, health cost class purge.
    Well this explains everything. Magicka Necromancers will be the only magicka class that can counter the new incap lmao.

Counts as a spell though so it gets negated ;-;
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
    Options
  • ftballjj20
    Silence has got to go. Dont mine the regen but maybe just leave the stun?
    Options
  • Frudu
    Frudu
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Frudu wrote: »
    Make counterplay to nbs? (without having to waste skillslots or pots for only one class) Open up diversity in playstyles and setups for nb? (not just typical runaway 2h/bow nb or healcloak bashblade) Keep them fun to play? (did a great job creating a class that feels fun to play in its way. So make it balanced but dont destroy it)

Zos: Nope! Keep the ultra-small hitwindow aka cloakdodging away all time. So don't cry when we make everything else *** lol. You can still cloakdodge runaway. So what do you want ??

This.

Stamblades already have insanse sustain since they can rotate dodge and cloak, if you are using single target skills, the window in which you can actually land attacks on them is insanely small.

I know its an issue, that also lets nbs bush their high dmg stats and sustain with them easily (without both cloak morphs cloak most nbs are like a fish on the land). As I said "ultra small hitwindow" when u combine cloak and dodge the cost increase of dodge cant stack up and you can sustain cloak even with low mag regen. I can cloak spamm cloak 4 times, if i spamm dodge and cloak i can cloak 16 times. And if you count cloak also as a dodge, what it actually also is, nbs can cloak easily 7 times in 10 sec active fight time and sustain it, while other classes have problems sustaining 3-4 dodges in 10 sec.

Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it's reverted (can't think about the possibility that it won't be), it's staggering to think that this got past any internal discussion outside of the context of a joke. ZOS drastically overvalues the ability to "reposition" when a NB is laying into you and you can't do anything.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Papachico wrote: »
    Well....
    lets honour this ultimate with 3 seconds of silence....
    tenor.gif?itemid=10102324

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

what about having more than just 1 nb on your ass? ever thought about that Sherlock.
    Isn't silence a form of CC ? So if you are affected by it, you will get an immunity for it ? tbh. I am not sure. If it is not treated as CC then well... :o
    Options
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    If it's not affected by break-free or cc immunity, this has to be ZOS trolling us.

Still waiting to actually have that confirmed, but yeah.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades back to being the best class for 1v1s and duels. Now you can't even cast a shield when you're hit by that huge incap hit followed by a surprise attack. Time to change my ulti from soul harvest to incap!!!

120 ult for 3 secs denile? Um... not that cheap but maybe 2 seconds appropriate
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades back to being the best class for 1v1s and duels. Now you can't even cast a shield when you're hit by that huge incap hit followed by a surprise attack. Time to change my ulti from soul harvest to incap!!!

120 ult for 3 secs denile? Um... not that cheap but maybe 2 seconds appropriate

W/ 3-6 seconds of minor defile?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part is them posting about this ability being too powerful at 5.0.0 and nerfing it to distract our attention, then buffing it again like there's no tomorrow thinking we wouldn't see their trick.

Options
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well....

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

what about having more than just 1 nb on your ass? ever thought about that Sherlock.
    Isn't silence a form of CC ? So if you are affected by it, you will get an immunity for it ? tbh. I am not sure. If it is not treated as CC then well... :o

only a "soft" CC, so you are better prepared for the hard things, that will follow...
    Options
  • seanj87
    seanj87
    Can anyone recommend another game to play for 3 months? (hoping this gets reverted by then)
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well you dont get cced by negates These days so Pretty sure it wont Count as cc. And 3 seconds of not being able to cast anything on a mag char is Pretty Pretty bad regardless of that. You can dodgeroll spam for 3 seconds sure, but the fear after that will get you since you are out of stam. Gl Hf with that.

Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    "Balance" changes.
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. Don't sorcs have a 12 sec ult that silences all enemies in it ? And deals damage ?

The only difference is you can't roll out of incap strike and it only affects one person. But also sorc ult affects multiple people and has a higher cost.

How often is incap strike front bared for the regen to be effective? Wouldn't dawnbreaker be more common on front.

Options
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is... this is the worst change I've seen in a loooong time. Please, just... revert it. Remove it, get rid of it, throw it in a dumpster and set fire to it.
    It's horrible.

You guys were doing so good, nerfing overperforming classes like NB and buffing underperforming ones, reworking unused skills to add diversity, I was honestly looking forward to to the patch itself more than I was Necro (and for comparison I was psyched about Necro) but this? This is just insanity.
    NBs already get the strongest ability in the entire game; cloak. It's a get-out-of-jail-free card, it's a damage mitigation tool that auto-dodges everything, it suppresses DoTs, it lets them disengage AT WILL from any fight they don't like, it lets them engage whenever they want on THEIR TERMS, it lets them re-position, it gives free crits - which can trigger on ults....

It does NOT need a one-button delete with 0 counterplay.
    This is worse, by far, than Defile, or Mangle. This is worse then when it stunned at 70 ult. This is worse than before the stealth bonuses to damage were removed from PvP.

This change will make every mag char a walking free kill for NBs. As if they weren't already disadvantaged enough against gank builds.
    3 seconds without shields, heals, or basically your entire toolkit, in LIGHT ARMOR, ganked from stealth, and stunned... no one is going to survive that. No one. That's not a skill issue, a L2P issue, a build issue... that's just guaranteed death with no counterplay.

You've been listening so far, I'm hoping you're still listening. Revert this.
    Hell, I'd rather you give them back Defile AND Mangle, than this. At least those had counterplay!
    Defile was punishing but at least you could still heal. Mangle would've made it easier for you to get one-shot but at least you could fight to protect yourself.
    This is just a giant middle-finger to mag builds.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Well you dont get cced by negates These days so Pretty sure it wont Count as cc. And 3 seconds of not being able to cast anything on a mag char is Pretty Pretty bad regardless of that. You can dodgeroll spam for 3 seconds sure, but the fear after that will get you since you are out of stam. Gl Hf with that.

If you made silence a cc and brought it down to 2 seconds of this and 2 seconds of minor defile it might be more balanced... at least for an assassin class
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....

Not really, I’ve negated into dawn breakers so it doesn’t stop the hard cc from being applied simultaneously.

Options
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am stunned. Seriously. What is this?

Literally no reason to not play a stamblade in PVP now. All Cyrodiil will be stamblade. All battleground will be stamblade. All hail the new meta (same as the old meta?).

No you're not stunned, you're silenced :trollface:

Edit: I want to die

lol you still crack me up

seriously, consider stand-up

What did the magDK say to the stamNB?

Nothing because he got silenced.
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
    Options
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    love it
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm curious about right now because of the horrid performance of Vevic Cyrodiil. Will you be able tell if its lag that you cant cast an ability or was it a Night blade?

I think I know how they will will fix the complaints abut lag :) That's no lag its a night blade the reason I cant cast an ability!

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soo... fear + damage >> break free into incap's silence >> gg (respawn)

sounds just perfectly balanced muahaha
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a real counter to shields in pvp.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a real counter to shields in pvp.

Don’t act like you can’t dodge roll
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, if a Necro gets silenced, do their summons also get silenced?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just so you know ZOS, this would have actually been a good ult to use healing absorption on.

its not as overbearing as defile, and the fact that its on an ult keeps the uptime in check, and supports the thematic idea of using this ult as pressure.

my personal design would be
    -deals damage
    -2k healing absorb
    -goes through block after 120 ult.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the 'Separate PvP and PvE' crowd is finally getting their way, but not in the manner they advocated.

Magicka builds for PvE
    Stamina builds for PvP.

I guess that's, um, separated and balanced.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is a real thing, so I can watch all the magsorcs have a complete and total meltdown over finally being killable.

Sorry, but sounds like a l2p issue
    Edited by Aliyavana on 7 May 2019 20:46
    Options